Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127235 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Making friends wherever we go
« Reply #4005 on: June 03, 2015, 11:47:36 am »

*Facepalms due to not looking at the OP* Thanks.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: June 03, 2015, 01:40:18 pm »

"What is a 'steak'?"

Eh. 11 of Diamonds it is.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: June 05, 2015, 01:40:07 pm »

Bryan Tavern
"Hello to all of you as well. Bartender, may I have a glass of water?"
11 of diamonds sounds fine to me.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: June 05, 2015, 05:56:52 pm »

11 of Diamonds works for me.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: June 06, 2015, 07:18:09 am »

"Did... you... just... ask for water in a BAR? I'm thinking that you need to be pulverized. Or just introduced to a good dwarven brew."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: June 06, 2015, 12:08:14 pm »

"I'd rather keep my head clear, thank you. If you wish to fight me for that reason, go ahead."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: June 06, 2015, 12:37:36 pm »

"Well then. Prepare to be introduced to dwarven might! Let's get some sort of sparring match set up."

Get a sparring match set up with the alcohol-hating man.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: June 07, 2015, 07:54:45 am »

"Are we merely using our fists, or will our powers come into play as well?"
Get ready for a fight

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: June 07, 2015, 08:14:38 am »

"Powers? All I have is fists- and kicks... bites... throws... palm smashes... secret techniques... I pulverize things. So yeah, go ahead and use your 'powers'."

((I'm presuming that two of my [specials] are loaded, Parisbre. If not, tell me before we start the sparring match.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4014 on: June 08, 2015, 05:53:14 pm »

Campaign

Just stay awake. I'll stay alive if my mind stays active. Just stay conscious. Ike will take care of me. I'll be okay. Just trust him and stay awake. I do not move, just hanging limply. Just, stay awake.
Campaign, Ike!

Keep running, keep running, keep running toward reunification with my fellow incompetents.
Ike continues running. The city is easy to find, what with it being built on the side of a glowing volcano, but the same cannot be said about the path to it. The slight glow being reflected on the smog filling the sky and what little light coming from the moon makes it through it allow him to find his way around the dark, along with some help from his enhanced senses, but running around when you can't see the ground is still hard. He almost trips on some dry bushes a couple of times. At least he manages to not get attacked by whatever critters might roam around in the night and makes his way past the moat and wall surrounding the city without incident. Despite all this physical effort and the fact that he has received only a meagre meal, he's not feeling tired at all.

Reaching the outskirts of the city took him much longer than he'd like. If he's going to have to cross the entirety of the city at the same pace until he reaches the crater... Irine will definitely not make it, unless he pushes himself to the limit and uses his skills perfectly. Or unless he does something else that could help.

I have no idea what is happening but I need sugary sweetness to properly respond to it.

Summon a popsicle and observe whatever happens.
"Oh no. Weird shit is happening."
Flip a table on its side to act as cover. Get behind it and make sure the less conscious people are behind it.
Load my least pathetic rock into my sling.

If it seems like any sort of projectile or truck or something is going to crash into us then tsar the table.

Nikolai flips a ghostly table that happens to be close to him, grabs River by the tail, drags him behind the table despite his protests and takes cover behind it, hoping that it will protect him from whatever comes next.

He sees the two lights approaching an oblivious Alan trying to create a popsicle but getting only small bits of ice. There is a loud booming sound like a giant trumpet being blown and then the lights disappear and there is a screeching sound coming closer.
"Alan! Duck!"
Duck?! Where?! Alan asks enthusiastically, looking around everywhere except for right behind him.

The house's ethereal wall and window condenses into an actual one, a green tapestry with flowery patterns covering a rather simple wooden wall. A moment later, the truck's trailer smashes through the wall, sending splinters and glass flying everywhere. It's moving sideways, chopping everything above a certain height like an overeager 'you must be this high to be admitted' sign.

Nikolai feels the table vibrate from the impacts of debris and hopes the screeching of the wheels will stop before they reach them.
Alan only feels something hitting him on his lower torso from behind, followed by a feeling like his skull is trying to leave his head, followed by stars, followed by darkness.

After it comes to a halt, the truck is polite enough to disappear along with most of the house and not transform into a giant robot or something like that, so Nikolai does not need to use his sling. Some of the shrapnel, debris and part of the walls of the house remain though. With the table he was taking cover behind having disappeared, he takes a look around.

Alan is lying on the ground face down beside his crutch, bleeding from the back of his head moderately. He seems to be alive and still breathing. He also appears to have a giant glass shard in his left... well, let's just say that's going to make sitting painful. And moving around, probably. At least the concussion means he won't be feeling that until he wakes up... or bleeds into his brain and dies.

Zechariah has been covered by a thin layer of dust and bits of wood but he doesn't appear to have been hurt by virtue of the small depression in the ground he was lying on.

All and all, the fun times with the Xan dice continues.

River sets down the bag that was in his mouth, checks its contents, looks around and then lies down and closes his eyes again.
<We will need to leave soon.>

Staging Area

Quote from: mydjet
<character>
Now we have 7 people in the bar. Great.
You appear next to that guy below, because why not.
((I'm presuming I pick my speaking color... if not, tell me.))

"Greetings! Excuse me, I need a drink."

Get an alcoholic drink. A large one.
((Sure, whatever you want. It's customary (at least in this forum) to try and avoid having the same colour as someone else, but other then that, there are no specific rules.))

"Large one, eh? Sure thing pal. Here you go." the man says and hands you a beer tower. "Big enough for ya?"

Another man appears next to you, bearing a remarkable resemblance to you, if only because of the size and smell. Maybe he's your long lost brother or something?

Get a beer, watch the match on the TV.

"That's completely new to me. Wonder whats the next assignment will be?

Hope this show on TV wont be like wrestling.
"
You get a beer and go sit close to the TV.
Looks like the contesters are engaging in some customary pre-match trash talk.
John nodded toward Rune.  "Congratulations on the win there.  You guys ready to do this?"
The subtitle changes to "John: Worst trash talk ever"
"So, I'm fighting a tin can, beast boy, and some nerd? Disillbe fun. Also, who's dis kid talkintameh.
The subtitle changes to "Ron: Clearly overcompensating for something".
"I'll have you know I defeated another nerd to earn my place here!"
The subtitle changes to "John: Vanquisher of nerds, Technology lover *eybrow wiggle*" It literally has star eyebrow wiggle star written there.
"Always ready for battle."
The subtitle changes to "Saevus: Secretly wishes for a heart"
The man with the fedora just waves politely
The subtitle changes to "Rune: New holder of the 'Worst trash talk ever' title"
He then starts glaring at them.
The subtitle changes to "Rune: Is not fooling anyone"
Eh, you've heard better trash talk. Those factoids are interesting though.

"You got any moonshine? I could go fer summa that."

Drink some moonshine.
"Lots of work today. I should start charging for those."

"I feel like this is the start to a bad joke or something. 'Six people walk into a bar'Well, only one thing to do about it, and that is to assume a spherical, frictionless cow.
One spherical steak, please!"

Order
"Sure thing. The customer is always right!" the man says and opens a frying pan to reveal a spherical stake bouncing around inside it. "Except when he's wrong." he adds and allows the stake to bounce into a bowl which he proceeds to put in front of you. The ball continues bouncing, each time rising at almost the same height. Damn elastic collisions.

You attempt to eat your spherical, frictionless stake, but it keeps sliding away whenever you try to bite it or cut it. All you manage to do is make it fall off the bowl.

So you just give up and reminisce about your experiments with animals while the ball bounces around the room without loosing any of its energy.
Heh, the one with the cat was funny. The authorities chased it for weeks after it nuked a city block to catch some bird. Last you heard it had teleported to another planet. Shame about that assistant though, he had potential. Despite his obsession with crowbars and staying silent.

"Well then. Prepare to be introduced to dwarven might! Let's get some sort of sparring match set up."

Get a sparring match set up with the alcohol-hating man.
"Are we merely using our fists, or will our powers come into play as well?"
Get ready for a fight
You guys just want to fight? Because you can start beating each other up if you want that. Although you can't harm each other in the Staging Area.
Otherwise, I can set you up with a duel. Just ask an entity. Or mention your desire to hurt each other after failing to do so. Depends on how you want to RP it.
"Powers? All I have is fists- and kicks... bites... throws... palm smashes... secret techniques... I pulverize things. So yeah, go ahead and use your 'powers'."

((I'm presuming that two of my [specials] are loaded, Parisbre. If not, tell me before we start the sparring match.))
Sure, let's say they're loaded.
And it's just Paris.

Ah, the 11 of Diamonds mission, eh? That's a fun one. Came to me in a dream, actually, where I was playing through it. I've got most of the rooms and the general layout of the place worked out, just need to work on the some details and a map for a bit and we can start.

Just FYI, it's a bit hard. And a bit experimental since I try some new things in it. I'd originally designed it for 5 high level characters. Then again, there's seven of you and Alarith is pretty good, so it will probably be fine.

Oh, hey, looks like the forum stopped doing that thing where it refreshes the page every time I press preview.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 07:00:07 pm by Parisbre56 »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: June 08, 2015, 06:05:59 pm »

((Dwarves drink by the barrel-load.))

Kosak chugs the entire beer tower.

"Well then! Let's do this!"

Kosak walks outside, presumably the other guy follows. Kosak proceeds to take a fighting stance.

((I'll PM you the [specials] I want loaded.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: June 08, 2015, 06:33:22 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Hey, Irine, if you got a good way to not die, this'd be the time to use it. It'd be really inconvenient to try and resurrect you again. Can you maybe cauterize your wounds or whatever? Although..."

See if I can figure out some method of applying a tourniquet to her stumps. If not, well, she's had a good run. Maybe the third life will treat her better. Continue carrying her at as brisk a pace as I can manage toward the crater.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: June 08, 2015, 06:52:17 pm »

Fucking ducks hate you

Preserve me, xantadice! For greater hilarity!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: June 08, 2015, 07:28:22 pm »

Bounce the steak outside, then use it for target practice. Lasers ahoy!
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: June 08, 2015, 07:52:11 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Hey, Irine, if you got a good way to not die, this'd be the time to use it. It'd be really inconvenient to try and resurrect you again. Can you maybe cauterize your wounds or whatever? Although..."

See if I can figure out some method of applying a tourniquet to her stumps. If not, well, she's had a good run. Maybe the third life will treat her better. Continue carrying her at as brisk a pace as I can manage toward the crater.
He's the one of the two of us that still has a telepathy necklace.
<Call River>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 521