Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127052 times)

mydjet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Making friends wherever we go
« Reply #4020 on: June 08, 2015, 08:09:00 pm »

when i regain my senses enough i decide to look at the beer tower first and grunt. i then look at the man next to me and offer a noncommittal grunt. i then look at the bartender and say "shot glass and 4 bottles of anything that can be used as fuel in case of emergency's."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: June 08, 2015, 10:02:12 pm »

John feels the need to summon some shades and put them on while posturing for the crowd
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: June 09, 2015, 01:58:58 am »

<We will need to leave soon.>
"Agreed, but most of the team is crippled or unconscious so we'll have to leave them behind or find a way to carry them. Hmm, maybe it would be easiest to kill them and take their soul-orbs."

Search the rubble for some better ammo for my sling.
Also search for something to use as a club or melee weapon. Hammer it full of spikes if I happen to find any nails or similar.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:14:32 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: June 09, 2015, 04:14:23 am »

He's the one of the two of us that still has a telepathy necklace.
<Call River>

"Huh? Well, alright."

Simultaneously: "Hey, River! Irine's about to die! Is it any easier to resurrect someone who's not vaporized?"
Simultaneously: <Hey, River! Irine's about to die! Is it any easier to resurrect someone who's not vaporized?>

Call River! Maybe he'll answer.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:30:52 am by Harry Baldman »

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: June 09, 2015, 04:51:27 am »

Watch the TV and catch glances at what's happening in the bar.

"Those are not normal people... and I mean in the head." Modus said to the bartender.

"Looks like a new guy just phased in too." Modus rises his glass in the direction of the new guy.

Haste the bouncing meat ball.

"This will be funny."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:23:15 am by akkudakku »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: June 09, 2015, 10:43:43 am »

((My character is aware from past experience that he can't be hurt here, I believe. Could be forgetting what he's seen.))
Head out, adopt a defensive fighting stance
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4026 on: June 09, 2015, 07:46:26 pm »

((My character is aware from past experience that he can't be hurt here, I believe. Could be forgetting what he's seen.))
Head out, adopt a defensive fighting stance
((True, you know. The other doesn't.))
((Dwarves drink by the barrel-load.))

Kosak chugs the entire beer tower.

"Well then! Let's do this!"

Kosak walks outside, presumably the other guy follows. Kosak proceeds to take a fighting stance.

((I'll PM you the [specials] I want loaded.))
You head outside. You find a nice open area in the plaza next to the fountain. You stand about ten steps away from each other.
You adopt a fighting stance, one ready to lunge, the other having a more evasive stance.
You stand still yet tense, like statues of frieze depicting a fight scene. There's only the soothing sound of the water falling and the distant cries of birds to break the silence.
<Round 1. Fight!>

Bounce the steak outside, then use it for target practice. Lasers ahoy!
Watch the TV and catch glances at what's happening in the bar.

"Those are not normal people... and I mean in the head." Modus said to the bartender.

"Looks like a new guy just phased in too." Modus rises his glass in the direction of the new guy.

Haste the bouncing meat ball.

"This will be funny."
Welroki tries to catch the bouncing-a meatball-a but it suddenly starts moving much faster. He accidentally ends up stepping on it, slipping and falling on it back first where he proceeds to bounce with it once before the ball bounces away a bit more slowly now. Ouch. That could had hurt.

John feels the need to summon some shades and put them on while posturing for the crowd
The most awesome pair of shades you can imagine assembles on your head. They're simple, dark and shiny and yet anyone looking at you would see a faint red glow coming from behind them.
Your subtitle changes to "John: Cool shades. Deal with it"
Quick, use a pun so it can change to "YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHH!"!

when i regain my senses enough i decide to look at the beer tower first and grunt. i then look at the man next to me and offer a noncommittal grunt. i then look at the bartender and say "shot glass and 4 bottles of anything that can be used as fuel in case of emergency's."
You are brought a glass with a bullet hole in it and 4 bottles of liquid propane.

Campaign, Ike!

"Hey, Irine, if you got a good way to not die, this'd be the time to use it. It'd be really inconvenient to try and resurrect you again. Can you maybe cauterize your wounds or whatever? Although..."

See if I can figure out some method of applying a tourniquet to her stumps. If not, well, she's had a good run. Maybe the third life will treat her better. Continue carrying her at as brisk a pace as I can manage toward the crater.
Normally I'd roll for that, but I can't really think of a good way to do that. I dunno, anyone know what one should do when they lose their arm from the shoulder? Sounds like a hard area to apply a tourniquet to.

Could try to make some sort of device that applies more pressure to it, but you hadn't had very good luck with complex crafting. Then again one chance is better than no chance.
Or just try to hold her against your chest to try and apply pressure, but that probably wouldn't help much considering you'll be running. Or try something else.
He's the one of the two of us that still has a telepathy necklace.
<Call River>

"Huh? Well, alright."

Simultaneously: "Hey, River! Irine's about to die! Is it any easier to resurrect someone who's not vaporized?"
Simultaneously: <Hey, River! Irine's about to die! Is it any easier to resurrect someone who's not vaporized?>

Call River! Maybe he'll answer.
There is no response.
Then again, last time you saw him he was in the crater, getting ready to revive the others. Maybe that magical interference you first encountered there is reducing his range.
Or maybe he's working on reviving the others right now and can't answer.
Or maybe he's too far away and can't hear you. Maybe he went away and left you behind.
Maybe he's just screening his calls.
Or maybe he's sleeping. Or he's injured and unable to move or answer. Or he's dead.
The point is, there is no response.

Fucking ducks hate you

Preserve me, xantadice! For greater hilarity!
You dream about ducks being assholes.
You knew one day your inability to spot ducks would come to bite you in the ass.
<We will need to leave soon.>
"Agreed, but most of the team is crippled or unconscious so we'll have to leave them behind or find a way to carry them. Hmm, maybe it would be easiest to kill them and take their soul-orbs."

Search the rubble for some better ammo for my sling.
Also search for something to use as a club or melee weapon. Hammer it full of spikes if I happen to find any nails or similar.

<Kill Alan. If you must.
Not Zechariah. Still useful.
I will consider reviving him later. After we leave the city.
Better not kill. My strength used to awake you. Strength wasted. Time wasted.
Healing easier.>

River gets up and starts slowly limping towards the higher ground at the edge of the crater.

You find a board with a nasty looking nail on one end. Must have been a support or something. It's not the best weapon, but it will give you some range and cause some pain. You also grab a sharp glass shard and wrap it on a piece of tapestry. Could be used to shank people.

Your search for ammo turns up nothing. Most of the things that could have been used for that appear to have been smashed to pieces. Too bad. It would had been fun throwing miniature rock teapots at your enemies. The disadvantage of these wooden houses. Why doesn't everyone use concrete for everything except cabins?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: June 09, 2015, 08:02:57 pm »

"HI-YARGH!!!"

Punch him in da face. Then kick him in the stomach. Then toss him into the air. Then chop him in the shoulder.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: June 09, 2015, 08:40:08 pm »

I actually do know what to do for that, in terms of first aid anyway. and it depends on where exactly the problem is. is there a stump that extends just past the shoulder socket, or is it gone all the way up to and including the shoulder socket itself? the second one is far, far worse. the first one is simple - apply tournnequet to the stump. the latter one is scream for the medic in every way you possibly can while getting every bit of gauze you can scrape, scrounge, or murder for  and stuffing it (packing it) properly into the exposed artererial area with one hand while holding it in place with the other. once it's in place and the bleeding hasn't stopped - you pack even more gauze into it until it does.

after it has finally been mostly stopped you wrap that wall of gauze in with a giant roll of... i'm derping on the name right now, it's that stretchy cloth stuff. anyway you wrap it around the injury and around to the other side of their torso and back again like 15 times, to include wrapping the area around the injury itself and not just the injury itself so that it stays pretty secure and stable.

next step is a saline drip if you have it. but since you dont (because you never do) you just skip that one

after that is hospital ASAP. and breaking traffic laws is recomended.

and even when you get them there, having succesfully done all of the above (and treated for shock as best you can while you're moving them) expect them to die anyway.

oh, and in either case you have about 8 seconds to get step 1 done from the time of the injury or the patient is dead of blood loss right there in front of you. the actual death will take a lil longer than those 8 seconds, but not much.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: June 10, 2015, 01:34:53 am »

((If I kill Alan now, then we will definitely encounter a problem later on that can only be solved by household appliances.))

Poke Alan with my new weapon to wake him. "Get up. We need to leave."
Remove the glass shard, stop the bleeding, then help him up and hand him the crutch.

If Alan doesn't wake up, then murder him with the nailboard. "Sorry Alan."
Get his soul orb, wrap it in his clothes and put it in my bag.

Also grab some spare cloth from the tapestries, spare cloth is always useful.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:10:49 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: June 10, 2015, 01:42:56 am »

Attempt to waken myself with thoughts of vengeance against the foul waterfowl that struck me down.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: June 10, 2015, 01:48:10 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Well, good effort. Gotta go fast!"

Run for River and think happy thoughts.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: June 10, 2015, 02:07:16 am »

Just stay conscious. I haven't bled to death yet, so Ike bandaged me up well. I just need to keep my mind active. working brain means working heart means still alive. Ike will get me to River in time. I'm sure he will.

((Blood loss is going to make me feel cold as I stop getting proper blood flow, leading to going into shock. however, Ike carrying me by the tail of all things actually will help with this. he's forcing the blood out of my legs and into my head/chest area, which is why I need to preverve the most. my legs can handle lack of / poor bloodflow way better than my head/brain can. this is why part of treating for shock includes elevating the person's head and putting a blanket on them, even in hot weather. Ike doesn't know it, but his full-body-bandages are already serving as the blanket and his carrying method is kinda extreme leg elevation. in short, I'm being treated for shock already.))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 02:12:49 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: June 10, 2015, 02:31:53 am »

Just stay conscious. I haven't bled to death yet, so Ike bandaged me up well. I just need to keep my mind active. working brain means working heart means still alive. Ike will get me to River in time. I'm sure he will.

((Blood loss is going to make me feel cold as I stop getting proper blood flow, leading to going into shock. however, Ike carrying me by the tail of all things actually will help with this. he's forcing the blood out of my legs and into my head/chest area, which is why I need to preverve the most. my legs can handle lack of / poor bloodflow way better than my head/brain can. this is why part of treating for shock includes elevating the person's head and putting a blanket on them, even in hot weather. Ike doesn't know it, but his full-body-bandages are already serving as the blanket and his carrying method is kinda extreme leg elevation. in short, I'm being treated for shock already.))
((Alan dislikes ducks.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: June 10, 2015, 02:37:20 am »

((Alan dislikes ducks.))
((I have no understanding of why that is relevant to the quoted text))
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 521