Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127829 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: In the line of fire
« Reply #3825 on: April 17, 2015, 12:43:23 am »

((I hate my internet, this was supposed to be posted 5 mins after my action but...))

((Oh, and HB, I understand Ike probably can't do anything to help Irine, she is a lil more focused on what's happening to her and on the mage than the whole dynamic of the guards and you and everything else going on. Priorities and all.

Damn those guards, they're helping the local mage attack a lil girl, that is not cool.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: April 17, 2015, 01:07:57 am »

((This is hilarious from my perspective, especially since I have no idea why you guys started fighting all do a sudden.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: April 17, 2015, 01:16:57 am »

((This is hilarious from my perspective, especially since I have no idea why you guys started fighting all do a sudden.))
((Something happened while we were talking and the mage walked out while telling the guards to hold us prisoner. I objected and asked what was going on. He then sucker-punched me and is currently attempting to suppress and immobilize me. I don't know if I'm being paralyzed or stoned right now, but either way it seems to be progressing on its own now that he started it so I have to take him out right now, before I'm overwhelmed.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: April 17, 2015, 04:27:00 am »

((For all the talk about not wanting to kill people, to me it appears that Irine brought this upon herself. By things like not cooperating on minor things for some reason. And being more distrustful of Kassiver than he was of her. And keeping up orbs of flame that could be used as a weapon during a peaceful talk. And having all the "if attacked" reactions be of a "immolate him until only ash remains" flavor, with no less-than-lethal ones (even if your abilities are lethal, your fists and legs are usually not). You could even say that she actually wants to kill people a little. But at the same time I'm an asocial jerk who doesn't understand emotions sometimes, so I guess I may be missing something.))

Since this is getting too easy, let's stop tapping into the Staging Area and continue target practice. Unless John wants to start shooting each other for teh lols.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: April 17, 2015, 05:08:50 am »

It wont. The turn is half written up somewhere, before I decided to go do something else. Expect turn in the next few hours.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: April 17, 2015, 05:27:43 am »

It wont. The turn is half written up somewhere, before I decided to go do something else. Expect turn in the next few hours.
((Pretty sure you wanted to post this in here.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: April 17, 2015, 06:26:53 am »

((I hate my internet, this was supposed to be posted 5 mins after my action but...))

((Oh, and HB, I understand Ike probably can't do anything to help Irine, she is a lil more focused on what's happening to her and on the mage than the whole dynamic of the guards and you and everything else going on. Priorities and all.

Damn those guards, they're helping the local mage attack a lil girl, that is not cool.))

((Well, he can at least distract Kassiver for a moment to let Irine fire off her win condition and kill the remaining people we didn't get to the previous time we set off a magical cataclysm.

Also, doesn't Irine's transition into fox-form set off a gout of flame, or am I remembering that wrong?

Will edit action slightly at any rate.))
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:31:13 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: April 17, 2015, 07:14:45 am »

((For all the talk about not wanting to kill people, to me it appears that Irine brought this upon herself. By things like not cooperating on minor things for some reason. And being more distrustful of Kassiver than he was of her. And keeping up orbs of flame that could be used as a weapon during a peaceful talk. And having all the "if attacked" reactions be of a "immolate him until only ash remains" flavor, with no less-than-lethal ones (even if your abilities are lethal, your fists and legs are usually not). You could even say that she actually wants to kill people a little. But at the same time I'm an asocial jerk who doesn't understand emotions sometimes, so I guess I may be missing something.))
((Not really. I agree she was being rude, but that doesn't justify what he's doing to her. And him deciding to sucker-punch her because she doesn't trust him? that really seems counterproductive. He never intended for her to leave that tent under her own power. that was a trap. as for the "if attacked" reactions being lethal, that's because she didn't have a chance in hell of taking him on physically. remember that Irine isn't fully grown, Kassiver is bigger and stronger than her, even without his magic.))

((Well, he can at least distract Kassiver for a moment to let Irine fire off her win condition and kill the remaining people we didn't get to the previous time we set off a magical cataclysm.

Also, doesn't Irine's transition into fox-form set off a gout of flame, or am I remembering that wrong?

Will edit action slightly at any rate.))
((>.> murder wasn't her goal at all here. right now she's attacking in self-defense, and has a single target. she's going all-out because he's successfully convinced her that he's really dangerous.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Making friends wherever we go
« Reply #3833 on: April 17, 2015, 07:27:15 am »

WARNING: Last chance for DAF to post an action. Otherwise, I'm autoing you to helping revive the others, because people are now 'making friends' with liberal application of fire.

Campaign

"I AM A PERSON, NOT YOUR TOY! SOMEBODY HELP ME!"
I have no choice, and I warned him as best I could.
I form a swirling chimney of flame, burning every flame generation charge I have, centered directly on the mage. All nearby fire flows at him, then rises up above him into a pillar of fire. The surrounding air, to fuel the flames, gets sucked in low, bringing everything nearby along with it. for the second time in the course of the Games, I create a fire tornado. Augmented by my desperation, my rage, my sense of betrayal. I go all out in my attack and simply make sure that this treacherous bastard dies for his sins.
Ike... please... save me.
A large collumn of fire appears a few centimetres above Kassiver's head, streaming down towards him. The mage displays amazing speed, not taking more than a second to recover, roll away and start getting up after you release him from your incapacitating effect. But he is still not fast enough to fully escape the fire streaming towards him. Part of his face gets burnt and his robes get singed. He lets out a cry that sounds more like a growl made out of anger than out of pain or fear.

You manage to keep the fire from burning you (you're still very uncomfortably hot though) and start moving it around to form your fire tornado as nearby lights go out. You hear footsteps coming closer and a scream coming from somewhere nearby, perhaps one of those tents or temporary dwellings.

The feeling of coldness continues spreading, rising up your lower arms and going down your palms. They feel cold and stiff, becoming harder to move. You've lost almost all movement on your hands and fingers. The effect feels like it's slowing down, but it is still spreading.

Campaign, Ike!

"Sorry, guys. You're cool and all, but we're a little past rational dialogue at this point."

Make a break for the wizard if he doesn't get consumed in flames and do that anti-magic-stone-in-the-ear trick, on the ear, the nose or a similar orifice, whichever proves handy at the moment. Or just knee him in the kidney sharply if those two guards are faster than I surmise or have tricks up their sleeves.

If Massah Kassah is taken care of already, defensively fight the two guards - focus on dodging and exploiting openings to disarm one of them and then proceed with violent murder (unarmed first, armed second).

"No, wait!" the heavyset guard exclaims, but you're already moving.
You jump back and twist around just as the column of fire manifests and moves against the mage.

You reach him as he's getting up, hold your skull high, scream "BY THE POWER OF SKULLFLAIL!" and smash it into his face (Is it still headbutting if you're using someone else's head?), the metal plate emitting a loud thunk as it hits his forehead and sends him falling on his back. He screams as he falls, probably because the two dark grey stones that were in the skull's eye sockets stab into his eyes, getting embedded there. All in all, a good strike.

The two stones quickly become a light grey colour, dissolving into dust as they do so, their remains mixing with Kassiver's blood and vitreous humour (a bit hard to see that, as he keeps thrashing about). Only one dark grey stone remains in your possession.

The guards sure are quick. They're right behind you, the heavyset one going for you while the other moves towards Irine. The young woman that was watching you screams and runs away.

OOC
Well, trying to punch a powerful mage while having no weapons or training probably wouldn't turn out very well for her. Like many characters here, she's a focusing on one ability above all others. Not that that's a bad thing, it's simply a matter of power vs versatility. So everything is a nail.

And it's not that hard to see why things turned out the way they did with Irine speaking with Kassiver. I'm certain things would go differently if Ike was in her place, although I'm not sure if they would have been better.

Ninja'd by Lenglon.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:29:58 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: April 17, 2015, 07:40:38 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Quick word of warning, guys, let's not fight, shall we? This fucker right here decided to start a fight he couldn't finish, so do us all a favor and not follow his example, alright? This place is already about to go up in flames (sorry!), so probably best to just go along and rescue whoever we can, then go our separate ways, alright?"

Give Massah Kassah's throat or head, whichever I can confidently hit, a good stomp for safety's sake, then fight defensively (dodge first and foremost, seek to disarm one during an opening) against these poor fellows if they really don't seem about to see reason.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:44:37 am by Harry Baldman »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: April 17, 2015, 07:40:56 am »

((I don't know how I missed all these updates))
Bryan, Tournament
Spoiler: keep on trucking (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: April 17, 2015, 07:44:22 am »

((Not quite what I'd intended but I'll go with it.))

((Um, I need to know what I can see of what is happening from my position on the ground to make my next action.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3837 on: April 17, 2015, 07:47:32 am »

((Not quite what I'd intended but I'll go with it.))

((Um, I need to know what I can see of what is happening from my position on the ground to make my next action.))
Isn't it "Summon fire, make fire start spinning"? Am I forgetting things? My memory isn't the best.

You're face first on the ground, looking to your side where Kassiver just fell. There's also your fire there and Ike somewhere in the edge of your vision. You could simply turn your head the other way, but trying to get up without using your hands would be a bit hard. You can hear footsteps behind you. Behind you meaning from the side opposite to the one you are looking at. There's also that woman that screamed and run away that you can't see.

EDIT: Not that you'd need to get up to turn your head the other way. Those two are unrelated.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:51:30 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: April 17, 2015, 07:52:09 am »

Isn't it "Summon fire, make fire start spinning"? Am I forgetting things? My memory isn't the best.

You're face first on the ground, looking to your side where Kassiver just fell. There's also your fire there and Ike somewhere in the edge of your vision. You could simply turn your head the other way, but trying to get up without using your hands would be a bit hard. You can hear footsteps behind you. Behind you meaning from the side opposite to the one you are looking at. There's also that woman that screamed and run away that you can't see.

((I think Lenglon means that thing Irine did at the factory during Target Amethyst that probably killed all of those rebels that Ike didn't bother to finish off. That oppressive heat apocalypse thingamajig.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3839 on: April 17, 2015, 07:54:44 am »

((I think we're talking about the same thing. It just summons fire and then starts spinning it around. Just takes some time to happen and the time of combat turns is variable, sometimes they're 6 seconds sometimes they're half a minute, sometimes they're a full minute, etc. depending on what's going on, so you can't always start an action and finish it in the same turn.))
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 521