Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128260 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission Landing
« Reply #3735 on: March 20, 2015, 03:44:15 pm »

Try to listen to the whispers. Discern what they are. If it seems threatening to me, run the fuck away like deer do. If not, then move back outside of the crater and devour every piece of grass possible.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: March 20, 2015, 03:54:39 pm »

"Did I miss something while screaming? Eh. Can't have been that important."

You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: March 20, 2015, 04:00:45 pm »

"I wish I was a tank."

Spoiler: Keep it up. (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: March 20, 2015, 08:44:03 pm »

John turned and grinned at the assemblage of entities.  "Ladies."

Put it out to short spear length, then try the front/back buttons.  Safe/Unsafe too, though I figure I know what they do.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3739 on: March 20, 2015, 09:47:38 pm »

Campaign

"I-I wasn't trying to threa- but I just-I didn't-I-Sorry!"
I release almost all of the flames, leaving a single mote near me lit, and then carefully put it back in the jar and see if the stone reacts to it.

if it doesn't then I ask him:
"H-How do I fix the light-jar?"

either way I stay still, curled up in the chair, and see what he says next.

"sorry..."
"I-I wasn't trying to threa- but I just-I didn't-I-Sorry!"
Kassiver says nothing, he simply continues looking at you. He relaxes a bit when you release most of the flames.
You slowly put the remaining fire back inside the light-jar, but the stone does not turn back into a fire.
"H-How do I fix the light-jar?"
"You probably scared it. Just give it some time to feel the flow of fire. The magic inside the lantern should- Ah, there it goes."
True enough, the stone dissolves, transforming back into floating fire.
"sorry..."
*quiet*
"... We should try to remain calmer."
He slowly crouches and reaches for the chair so that he can get it upright again, not taking his eyes off of you.
"Make no mistake though. If I feel-" it looks like he's about to start shouting again when he is interrupted.

Campaign, Ike!

"Massah, massah, why is screaming? Is it I? I will leave if it is I! Innocent children are waking!" Ike reacts, speaking under his breath as if completely shocked while averting his eyes completely, trying to shrink away from the hostile atmosphere in the room.

Suggest fearfully.
Ike can hear the two guards outside conversing.
"Yes, but he said he didn't want to be disturbed. Maybe that's the reason why?"
"Look, with all the things going on here it doesn't hurt to check."
"Doesn't it? What if he burns us alive for stumbling upon some great arcane secret?"
"Screw that, I'm checking."

The moment the tent flap opens, Kassiver immediately stops talking to Irene and yells towards it.
"I SAID NOBODY DISTURBS US!"
The flap immediately closes, followed shortly by someone responding "Sorry!".
Ike continues to hear talking outside.
"See? Told ya."
"Yea, goddamn mages."

Kassiver looks at Ike for a second and then back at Irine.
"What is wrong with him? Is he always like that?"
He immediately shakes his head slightly.
"Nevermind, don't answer that."

"I understand that what happened at the Tower was not entirely your fault. And I understand that you are not human, not from this world, so there are perhaps a few things that... escape you. So I will give you the benefit of the doubt."

"We both hold weapons that we cannot be disarmed of. And we have no understanding of the weapons of our enemy. So let us at least try to not brandish them, even by accident."

"Do you know why it happened? Whose fault it is? Why they would create a portal to such a... gateway world as you described it? Could it had been because of the one you are hunting? Do you think it could be nearby?"

((I apologize deeply for being so late and out of the loop. Real-life chaos and all that smooth jazz...))

Campaign

Zechariah twitched his fingers, digging into the rough ground a bit. He was fighting with himself to choose the right words. He didn't want to break the momentum that they were gaining with his energy and train of thought. Still, he would feel wrong if he were just to idly agree with River. That wouldn't agree with his conscious thoughts. 

The physical body of the demon was long gone, but the spirit was still tormenting Zechariah in all of his waking hours. Making him doubt his every decision. Sending him into melancholy and depression, allowing his dark thoughts to pervade his mind and cloud his judgement.

"Look, I... I understand that you may have gone through different things in this.. place. There are different paths that you took, and maybe there are different things that I can do here. But that still doesn't forgive what I did so long ago. I still have ghosts that haunt me. There are so many things that I could have done to give us a better chance against the Shadow, but I didn't. I know that it's not the end result that counts, that it's the journey that makes us who we are. But even I can't believe in that now.

I know I'm being stupid. I know it's silly, and that I should be focusing on what I can do now. And I am. That's why I am here now. But there's still a feeling of.. loss. I'd call it loss. It's like something was torn from me that I can't get back. The Medium was my addiction. I loved being there, I loved helping people and creating things. There were many people that I met and talked with, interacted with and stood with.

But I didn't plan on coming back. I was planning on dying. I wanted to leave it all behind so that I could no longer cause suffering through Artemis, and myself. I didn't plan on leaving loose ends. I didn't plan on... being alive again."
Zechariah brushes some of the dust away from his surrounding area and stares at the ground, not knowing what to say.

"It just feels like... I'm lost. That was my final goal. I wanted to die. But now... I'm still here. And I don't know what I will do."
((No problemo. I'd prefer it if you didn't go too far ahead in time anyway (to avoid time travel and paradoxes), since Irine's conversation will probably take a while. Especially if she keeps almost causing diplomatic incidents.))

River appears confused, looking at you and then around you. He starts speaking quickly.
"I do not understand. Did you- Do you want to give up? To die because of a mistake you did in the past? Why? I do not understand. Do you have no purpose? Nothing to live for?"

"Even when I lost the thing I cared for the most, the reason I am alive,... I kept on fighting. I found a new purpose. Because I knew- The people. Did you not have any others that you cared about? Any that would want you to keep on fighting? To find a new purpose? She chose you. She must think that you are strong or important or useful. That you have a purpose. You were chosen by her for a reason."

"Why? I do not understand. I-"
He raises his hand and moves it towards you, as if he is about to touch your shoulder, but he stops halfway through, hesitating. His hand moves slightly for a second before he lets it fall back down. He looks down.
"I do not know how to do this." he half-sighs half-growls.

"Is that really what you want? To give up?" he asks more slowly and quietly.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:54:16 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: March 21, 2015, 02:44:04 am »

"I... I really don't know. I know there's something wrong with my task, that something else is going on, but I don't know what that something is. I don't know the answer to any of those questions, except the last. I'm sure that it isn't near, because one of my teammates can track it, and he said it's not."

"Um... isn't it my turn? Are you going to keep your promise to me? I... I'm not threatening you, okay? If you don't, I won't... I won't do anything to punish you."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: March 21, 2015, 03:09:50 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Make no sound. See nothing. Hear everything. Take in the smells of the area.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3742 on: March 21, 2015, 04:06:37 am »

"I... I really don't know. I know there's something wrong with my task, that something else is going on, but I don't know what that something is. I don't know the answer to any of those questions, except the last. I'm sure that it isn't near, because one of my teammates can track it, and he said it's not."

"Um... isn't it my turn? Are you going to keep your promise to me? I... I'm not threatening you, okay? If you don't, I won't... I won't do anything to punish you."
"Yes. Yes, of course. We had an agreement. What do you want to know?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: March 21, 2015, 04:15:06 am »

"Who's that?"
I limply wave my arm in the direction he keeps looking when he's startled.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3744 on: March 21, 2015, 07:02:29 am »

"Who's that?"
I limply wave my arm in the direction he keeps looking when he's startled.
"Hm? Oh, that's nothing really, that's just... another exit I could take."
He remains silent for a few seconds, although he looks like he's uncomfortable about something.
"And a focusing crystal I could use to amplify my magic." he adds a few seconds later.
"I was thinking about whether or not I should try to go for it and get out or fight you here."

"I am going to be honest with you. I am currently... ambivalent about you. But if I feel letting you live is a wrong, I will deal with you. I cannot know I've let monsters roam the lands of our kingdom. I hope you understand why I am saying this."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: March 21, 2015, 09:44:09 am »

"What makes a monster? Is it what they are, what they do, or why they do it? Am I a monster because I'm not human, or because of the choices I've made, or something else?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3746 on: March 21, 2015, 08:16:08 pm »

"What makes a monster? Is it what they are, what they do, or why they do it? Am I a monster because I'm not human, or because of the choices I've made, or something else?"
"If you are asking a philosophical question or a question about morality, then we could probably spend the entire night talking about the subject and still be no closer to an answer. Trust me, few of the Tower mages often indulge- used to indulge themselves in such conversations."

"However, such conversations tend to hold little weight when confronted with experience, with history, with reality. And what experience tells me is that 'non-human' and 'monster' often have very little difference. That almost every time the citizens of this kingdom have faced a non-human creature, it either did not care about their lives or actively tried to hurt them. Take the various races, for example. The Beastmen are savages, raiders, pirates that have no qualms about enslaving or killing us, infesting our lands, stealing from us, refusing any form of civilized interaction. The Elves only care about their trees and forests, fanatics willing to kill in the name of what they call perfection. The Night Knights pillaged, tortured and killed without stop for their pleasure until the Tower exterminated every last one of them, saving not only this kingdom but many others from their evil. Those are only a few examples. It is very rare to find a creature, especially a magical one, that is friendly to humans. That is what I and every other citizen of this kingdom knows. And that is why we work so hard to ensure this land stays safe from them."

"But, like I said, I am willing to give you a chance. Especially considering my current circumstances. And because as a seeker of knowledge, I should remain open to new ideas."

"I am simply being honest with you. If there was someone else instead of me here, they would  had probably chosen to eliminate any threat you could pose as soon as they got the opportunity."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:18:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: March 21, 2015, 09:12:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: March 22, 2015, 01:50:42 am »

((I'm loving the evolution of this story, Paris and co. :) Keep at it Lenglon! (and friends)))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: March 22, 2015, 02:14:06 am »

"Oh!"
I perk up at his response, his statement that I'm not to blame for his hostility.
"So it's not because of me that... Ok then."
"Um, I was hoping to wait until you had a chance to start trusting me to ask you to teach me about magic, but if the reason you don't trust me is because of what I am, something that I can't change unless I start lying to you, then there really isn't anything more I can do to establish trust, is there? Um, is there anything you want me to tell you or do before you'll be okay with teaching me about magic?"
I put the wood slab he had been drawing on back on the table, and push it towards him, lowering my feet back to a normal seated posture as I do.
after a pause I add:
"Would you feel better if you got your focusing crystal first?"
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:25:10 am by Lenglon »
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 521