Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128613 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Let's get ready to rumble!
« Reply #3570 on: February 26, 2015, 02:28:15 pm »

"Well struck, good sir!  But alas for you I have more tricks up my sleeve!"

Spoiler: Me too! (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: February 26, 2015, 02:56:38 pm »

Assess the situation. Can I see my foe? How much biomass do I have? If I see my enemy, swim towards him and start beating him with my admittedly small tail.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: February 26, 2015, 03:20:26 pm »

Campaign

Zechariah watched the sun move down the horizon, the shadows stretching across the landscape. There was an odd feeling of unsteadiness that Zechariah possessed, but he paid attention to what River was saying.

He shifted around a bit, still unsure about River. So far, he seemed to be trustable to Zechariah, but he had also been pretty unpredictable. Knowing this made him both uncomfortable and at ease at the same time. It was a weird kind of feeling that left Zechariah in a place of loss.

He sighs, proceeding in spite of his inner, murky feelings. "Okay. What's this about, then?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3573 on: February 26, 2015, 03:35:57 pm »

Just making some quick dialogue. Haven't forgotten about you HB, Toaster and the rest.
Campaign

Zechariah watched the sun move down the horizon, the shadows stretching across the landscape. There was an odd feeling of unsteadiness that Zechariah possessed, but he paid attention to what River was saying.

He shifted around a bit, still unsure about River. So far, he seemed to be trustable to Zechariah, but he had also been pretty unpredictable. Knowing this made him both uncomfortable and at ease at the same time. It was a weird kind of feeling that left Zechariah in a place of loss.

He sighs, proceeding in spite of his inner, murky feelings. "Okay. What's this about, then?"
You follow River into the crater. The ground is smooth and cracked here, having been molten and then cooled down again. The lava bleeding into the crater from the volcano has started to cool off, but it still appears much hotter than it should be. Good thing the crater is so large and you are merely on its edge. Otherwise the heat would be a big problem.

A few seconds of walking later, he stops and turns around to face you.
"I need you to get me up there and hold me there until the process is complete." he says and points at somewhere in the sky. At first you cannot see what he's pointing at, it looks like he's merely pointing at the sky. But a moment later you spot it. There's something distorting light up there, like there is an abstract glass sculpture hovering very high above you.

You aren't really sure about how he expects you to get him up there with dwindling light and without your staff.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: February 26, 2015, 03:48:36 pm »

go to the tunnel with the frisbee things
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: February 26, 2015, 10:25:10 pm »

Bryan tournament
"Is this entertaining enough for you?"
Spoiler: Hit first and hit hard (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: February 26, 2015, 10:35:26 pm »

You aren't really sure about how he expects you to get him up there with dwindling light and without your staff.

((Wonderful thing to bring up. I'm going to shamelessly steal your words.))

"I'm not really show how you expect me to get you up there with dwindling light, especially since I don't have my staff with me. I might be able to hold some footsteps up there so that you can get on whatever platform seems to be there, but I don't think I'd be able to hold it for long."

Zechariah looks around, half-expecting his staff to appear out of thin air. It won't, of course, but he could dream.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3577 on: February 27, 2015, 08:47:20 pm »

Toaster VS Wolfkit

Beyond the west door is a rather long hallway, leading to another door that has what the coloured lines inform you is "Security" behind it.

On either side of it there are large arrangements of interconnected transparent plastic boxes that appear capable of having each of their sides opened or closed, thus allowing them to form mazes and rooms of different size. They must be some sort of testing area, since some of them have battered dummies in them or faded scorch marks on their walls. Others have... things in them. Strange things. Some of them are moving around.

Some boxes have panels with buttons on their outer walls, probably for controlling them. There is a network of catwalks going around the boxes, some of them with computers or control panels on them.

Doesn't sound like a good idea to put Security somewhere where it could easily be cut off or eliminated by an experiment going wrong. On the other hand, if an experiment going wrong needs to be dealt with by security, it's probably good to have them close by.
"Well struck, good sir!  But alas for you I have more tricks up my sleeve!"

Spoiler: Me too! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tournament

"I suppose that wasn't enough to kill you? I shall have to fix that."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hawk132 VS Alarith

"..."

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Bryan tournament
"Is this entertaining enough for you?"
Spoiler: Hit first and hit hard (click to show/hide)
Doing his best imitation of the black knight (which is a bit of ironic since he is fighting one) Bryan raises his longsword and charges his fallen enemy. He reaches Saevus, who is currently in the process of getting up, swings down and before Saevus can react he... hits the ground? The sword emits an alarming sound as it hits the ground, its blade not very happy about meeting the asphalt.

Saevus takes advantage of Bryan's surprise to counter-attack. Bryan stands completely still as Saevus raises his golden arm, using it to point his longsword at Bryan. He remains still as Saevus pulls... the air in front of him.

<There is no point in missing on purpose. This fight will end with one victor, one way or another.>
Yeah, missing on purpose. Sure. That's why you can't hit each other.

Coolrune206 VS Salsacookies

go to the tunnel with the frisbee things
You squeeze through the two large columns in your way and reach the Frisbee tunnel. You do your best to resist the pull of the stream and the moment you see an opening you let go, letting the stream carry you.

The moment the tunnel starts opening up and the frisbees stop getting squeezed through it, you start going faster again. More tunnels merge with the one you're in, making it larger, bringing more and more of those frisbees, now looking a lot darker than they used to.

Your opponent is nowhere to be seen. Maybe he's in a different tunnel? Or maybe further ahead? Or behind you? You have no idea. This place is so huge and you're moving so fast, he could be anywhere.

That loud sound you hear every time you are pushed forward is getting louder...

Assess the situation. Can I see my foe? How much biomass do I have? If I see my enemy, swim towards him and start beating him with my admittedly small tail.
Your foe is nowhere to be seen. Which is a bit strange, since he was right behind you a few seconds ago. Maybe he got pushed to a different tunnel?

And, like I said, you're about 30kg of cod. The fish.

You are currently in a giant tunnel, so large you can only catch glimpses of the walls from time to time. Looks like there's something very large coming up ahead, like an end to the tunnel, getting pushed open by the stream of red disks and then closing, momentarily slowing you down. And it does so very quickly. It's just seconds away.

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

"Damn I'm hungry. And I took guard duty last time. So, unless Irine here wouldn't mind hunting me up some wildlife, I'd say let her field this particular watch. At least initially, I mean. I'll probably come right back a little later when I've got at least something to keep me from blowing away in the wind."
"Do whatever you want. I do not need you right now."
Well, looks like he has no problem with that.
Let's say you take Irine's clothes from Zechariah, since he'll be busy doing other things with his hands. And let's say that Irine accompanies you, so that she's not left alone.
Quote from: Lenglon:autoaction
Follow Ike.
The two of you move away from the crater in your search for something to eat. You don't have very high hopes of finding something from before the explosion, since everything above ground has been thoroughly wrecked. Maybe if it was underground and sturdy enough to survive the tremors...

Your search in the surface turns out nothing. However, as you approach one of the fissures, you start smelling something awful. Smells like a garbage dump mixed with raw sewage. You're pretty sure it's coming from down there, a hole in the wall of the fissure. You could climb down there with little risk of accident. You probably won't be able to eat whatever is emitting that smell, at least not without some serious health concerns. But you could probably find something like a rat or some other sort of vermin down there.

((Wonderful thing to bring up. I'm going to shamelessly steal your words.))

"I'm not really show how you expect me to get you up there with dwindling light, especially since I don't have my staff with me. I might be able to hold some footsteps up there so that you can get on whatever platform seems to be there, but I don't think I'd be able to hold it for long."

Zechariah looks around, half-expecting his staff to appear out of thin air. It won't, of course, but he could dream.
"No. Footsteps will not do. I need it to be constant."
He doesn't sound very happy.
"I know you are weak, but this is the only way I can revive the others and leave this place quickly. Otherwise, I will have to drag their dead weight with me. I will have to spend too much energy, too much time reviving them. And the more I am delayed, the more time the traitor has to flee, the fainter his trail gets."
He looks down and takes a couple of seconds to slow his breathing.
"How does your ability work? Is it connected to thoughts and feelings?" he asks more calmly.

((Well, if you want a staff you can always use that stick he has up his arse.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: February 27, 2015, 08:51:04 pm »

Ride the Frisbee!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3579 on: February 27, 2015, 08:56:02 pm »

Ride the Frisbee!
((Suddenly, Doctor Strangelove but with frisbees instead of nuclear bombs.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: February 27, 2015, 09:11:22 pm »

"I will get you, disagreeable scientist fellow!"

Spoiler: Still Alive (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: February 27, 2015, 09:26:00 pm »

"I think not, uppity engineery individual!"

Spoiler: Not for long, John! (click to show/hide)
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: February 27, 2015, 11:38:02 pm »

((Day 3 of attempting to get a post out. Lets see if my internet stays functional long enough to get this to actually post!!))

<Well, I'm kinda curious about those people we met earlier. I think I'll go see what I can find out about them.>

change to full-human form, dress in the clothes Zech has been carrying for me, and walk openly over to the human village.
((assuming that changing forms doesn't go horribly wrong and the trip is uneventfull))

"Hello? May I visit?"

((edit: just saw my autoaction. thank you for doing that, I'll just need to adapt a bit. the above dialogue was ment for River. I'll try to get this edited to match my new situation.))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:40:42 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: February 28, 2015, 12:30:21 am »

Tournament

"...?"

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: February 28, 2015, 03:18:42 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Follow Irine to that human village. This ought to be fun. And perhaps filling, too!
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 521