Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128496 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Let's get ready to rumble!
« Reply #3525 on: February 20, 2015, 07:25:38 pm »

I do not like that environment. VETO'D!

Equipment:
Bare hands. Nothing.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: February 20, 2015, 07:29:58 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Try a bunch of random combinations until one of them does something unusual!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: February 20, 2015, 07:56:22 pm »

A desolate city, overgrown with alien vegetation, this better.? I like it better than the last one
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: February 20, 2015, 07:58:23 pm »

Nevermind, that's taken :(.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: February 20, 2015, 08:00:08 pm »

An overgrown zoo! With zoo animals roaming around, and alien vegetation growing all over the place.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: February 20, 2015, 08:50:56 pm »

Triple Post?

And once it's vetoed, the entities decide.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3531 on: February 20, 2015, 09:19:17 pm »

Small clarification post:
Triple Post?

And once it's vetoed, the entities decide.
Let's say you can consider his final proposal. After all, I was going to do a little turn where I show you the environment before you choose whether or not to accept it or say if there are minor adjustments you could do to make it acceptable. This is more like you talking and negotiating, I suppose.

Unless you're going to veto anything he proposes, in which case I can just move on to having the entities choose.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: February 20, 2015, 09:28:18 pm »

Veto EVERYTHIIIING!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: February 20, 2015, 10:16:12 pm »

Ok, go ahead and let the entities choose.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: February 21, 2015, 05:48:16 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"So it's not a reset lever! Cool!"

Experiment with combinations until something fun happens or I get bored.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: February 21, 2015, 11:32:51 am »

((situation is mostly stabilized now, should be able to post reliably. Things that I thought were going to happen didn't.))

<Ok! This way then!>
to the water!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3536 on: February 22, 2015, 11:03:50 pm »

Wolfkit VS Toaster

"Well then, let's see..."
A lab with a couple of interconnecting rooms, frequent cover in the form of various scientific apparati, lab counters and server banks, a network of maintenance passages, and a deathpit spammed by catwalks.
John laughed.  "Well now, looks like it's battle of the brains!  Well met, sir!  I choose laser pistols at dawn!"

Pew pew blaster style laser pistols!  As cheesy science fiction as they get!
You stare at the message blinking on the computer screen, trying to contain your anger. That's it. You can not let that man get in the way of your work like that. You can not stand an insult like that go unpunished. Oh, you'll show that arrogant bastard.

You open a drawer and retrieve your trusty prototype raygun, fresh from the weapons lab. A machine with an overabundance of curves, disks and blinking lights. It kinda looks like a toy. It's even powered by a simple pair of D batteries. But it is good enough for taking care of scum like that one.

John walks out of his office, walking through the workspaces of others. Most of them wear orange work clothes, like his, with a few greens and very rare reds amongst them. Most of the orange ones are working on various manufacturing machines, manipulating giant robotic arms to perform various tasks, preparing to operate on a test subject or even playing experimenting with robots of their own.

Welroki also gets out of his office, but the route he follows gets him through a quite different setup, small workspaces filled with strange glowing things, bubbling beakers, microscopes, chemical stations, thick tubes, holding pens, sequencing machines and a ridiculously large number of whiteboards and post-it notes, manned by men in white lab coats, like his.

You both keep walking with determination, moving towards your target. You pass through the white plastic-like halls, with walls decorated by coloured lines leading to various areas. There's also the occasional clear window on them, showing you a brief glance of the rock this place was built under and the various cramped maintenance areas that exist behind those clear white walls, reminding you of where you are. The ceiling on the other hand is filled with various sensors, speakers, detectors and lights, with the most prominent thing being the large armoured cameras, many of them tracking you as you move.

A colleague approaches you and matches your walking speed, trying to get your attention.
"Uh, sir?"
You do not stop. Do not even look at her.
"Where are you going with that? Sir?" she asks, trying very hard to not sound insubordinate and to contain the worry in her voice.
You continue to not respond. But it should not be hard for her to guess your intentions.
"Shit. This is not going to be good."
Yep, figured it out. You knew you didn't have total morons working under you.
"Quick! Back up your work, secure your test subjects and get to co-"
You raise your raygun and fire several shots at the door. Bright pulses of energy hit it, causing it to start melting. Not really necessary, but appropriately dramatic and indicative of your intentions, for those who did not yet knew what those were.
"Scratch that. Get to cover! Immediately!"

You walk through the hole in the still melting door and cross to the other side, to the heart of the roughly cross-shaped base. Said heart consists of a deep pit filled with magma, over which a potent thermoelectric generator stands, converting heat and water into energy for the entire base. Close to it are the elevators leading to various levels of the base, all the way up to the surface, including one rather large cargo elevator. The pit has various catwalks at different levels, connecting various points of the base. Around the pit runs a corridor, connecting the four main branches of the base.

At this time, it is filled with people taking their break, probably going to to the rec room, heading outside, checking up on an acquaintance on some other department or simply enjoying the heat coming out of the generator like cats, with their arms dangling from the low wall separating the corridor and the pit. Those with good survival instincts have already started running. The rest watch in shock as you continue walking towards the catwalk crossing right above the generator, the quickest link between the two departments.

You stand there, at the beginning of the catwalk, looking at the other side, staring at the man who insulted you doing the same, barely visible behind the vapour coming out of the generator. You raise your weapon. He does the same.
You start firing at each other, bolts of bright energy zipping past you, accompanied with "Pew pew" noises, melting whatever they hit.
"God damn it! They're at it agai-"
The man's cry is cut short by a blast of energy. That will teach him to complain instead of diving for cover.
Speaking of cover, you get behind the low wall separating this corridor from the main generator's pit. You don't need to make this easy on him. Besides, maybe if you stay low, you can get to his office without him noticing and do some "redecorating"...

Time pauses, allowing you to very clearly see the results of the ray gun hitting the poor staff assistant, the flesh in the area struck by it dissolving into a quickly evaporating greenish sludge, his green clothes still slightly glowing near the burnt edges around the hole.
<Is the provided environment and equipment acceptable?>

Alarith VS Hawk132

Bryan, environment maker
"Let's have a ruined city. Areas with long stretches of road, other areas with tightly packed buildings in various states of ruin, from pristine to a hole.Alleyways, some roads with holes in them. Stuff like that."
"I fight with the traitor? I shall enjoy this."

"We will duel with longswords."

Desolation. Death.
That is the best way to describe this city. For something far worse than destruction has been done to it.

It is clear that it has suffered great destruction a long time ago. The fires are no longer raging. The corpses have been picked clean. Those buildings still standing have started crumbling. The cars have started rusting. Nothing living can be seen or heard. There is only emptiness, grey and black emptiness. Even the skies are dark and grey, the clouds oppressively close and disturbingly still. The eerie sound of wind going through destroyed homes is the only thing heard. The only thing this place has to look forward to is the approaching winter, where another shade of grey will be added to it, mixing the ash with dirty snow and frozen water.

Against all expectations however, there is something new here. There is something disturbing the silence of this tomb. As if momentarily affected by the state of the city, they too stand dead still, staring at each other, like statues left in the middle of the street at a futile attempt to make this place feel less empty. The only thing that betrays they are not dead is them occasionally adjusting their grip on their longswords. Holding the heavy two handed weapon still for that long can become tiring. But the two do not mind. They are determined. They know that only one of them is coming out of this alive. Only one of them is going to get what he wants. They know that nothing else will disturb them in this place. So they wait. Bide their time. And prepare.

Between them lies a simple asphalt road and some of the cars that used to drive on it. The road is marked with holes that expose this city's dead veins: pipes that have run dry a long time ago, wires transmitting nothing. The buildings on either side of the street are ruined. Ruined homes, ruined businesses, ruined offices... Nothing remains but their skeletons, filled with barely recognisable furniture. Behind the man, the road continues into the wastes, grey, flat, barren plains where there are no landmarks, nothing to help you judge distance or size. In front of him, beyond the one standing in his way, is his goal. The home of death itself, from whence it rules its ever expanding domain.

Time pauses. You can no longer hear the wind or smell the scent of death and destruction, but you can still see your opponent standing opposite to you.
<Is the provided environment and equipment acceptable?>

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

"So it's not a reset lever! Cool!"

Experiment with combinations until something fun happens or I get bored.
You put the slider to seven and pull the leftmost lever. The lever feels a bit harder to pull again. You can hear that shift again, happening near the lower left and lower right corners. But this time it sounds much, much louder, like a gong reverberating through the entire building.

You put the slider to seventeen and pull the leftmost lever. This time the same thing happens. But it is incredibly loud. Loud enough to cause the building above you to vibrate hard enough for something in it to collapse. Doesn't look like it was anything important, but it is indicative of the strength of the noise.

You're starting to see a pattern here...

"You are going to attract the attention of everything nearby. If you can not figure this out soon, we should leave."

((Gah! Curse you, internet! You have failed me once again for two more days!))

"You know," Zechariah says, "Water doesn't sound like too bad of an idea right about now. Actually, I'd probably drink anything. Barring blood or anything that would kill me, of course."

Nah, who am I kidding. I'd probably drink blood too if I'm given the chance and I'm thirsty enough.
It's not like worse hasn't happened to me.

Follow Irine to the cistern and drink something potable. Afterwards, start the trek to the volcano.
((situation is mostly stabilized now, should be able to post reliably. Things that I thought were going to happen didn't.))

<Ok! This way then!>
to the water!
You lead Zechariah to the building containing the small water fountain/cistern thing. The route is pleasantly quiet and the building looks undisturbed when you get there.

You take the stairs down to the water level, carefully looking around to ensure there is nothing lurking in the room or in the stairs leading further down. There's nothing there. The things around here have been disturbed and move around a bit, but whoever did that is not here now. Seeing that everything is safe, you use a nearby bucket to take some water from the dwindling supply and use it to sate your thirst.

You are about finished drinking when you hear something like the sound of a very large bell coming from somewhere relatively close.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:08:45 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: February 23, 2015, 12:17:38 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"I get the feeling it might not be worth finding out what happens when I pull this three more times. With that in mind, let's roll!"

Let's get back to our regular quest, shall we?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: February 23, 2015, 07:39:15 am »

Our settings are ready, ready to fight
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: February 23, 2015, 11:52:13 am »

"This is acceptable."

Get ready for the battle.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 521