Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127420 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Somebody set up us the bomb
« Reply #2625 on: September 22, 2014, 05:34:44 am »

Get back up, and observe. Actually look at what's happening. Do the thing known as paying attention
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2626 on: September 22, 2014, 06:06:10 am »

Slither up towards the voices. Bite them each in the legs, then slither back to the group.
People seem to have a hard time understanding that they are trapped. I should had put you in a cage or something to make it more obvious.

Use my acid powers to get the person off
You send a splash of acid out of your hands, but both John and Ron are quick enough to get out of the way. Which is exactly what you wanted.
Now there is a small puddle of acid in your circle. It's starting to smell badly in here.

"Get off me, you idiots!"

Summon up a nice order of classic gangster Tommy guns.  Grab the first one and perforate Mr. Red.
You summon a perfect Tommy gun with a drum magazine.

Hmm, I'm a bit worried about trying to use telepathy on a supernatural being, I don't know what would happen.  Maybe I could try using it with that man though.
There's plenty of debris outside the circle, right?  Try to use telepathy to send this message to the man outside the circle.
"I'm one of the people inside the circle.  Do you want us to attack the beings?"
You can sense the mind of the other man but you can't for the life of you concentrate enough to communicate with him. It feels very hard, like he is there and yet he is not.
There are debris outside the circle, but they consist mostly of wood from the broken table and chairs.

"I shall assist thy endeavor."

Assist by attempting to break the barrier thing using repeated kinetic blasts. If barrier thing is broken, charge at Mr. Blue and impale him. If he's dodging me, just pull him onto my shaft.
Must resist making innuendo.

Everybody
John starts shooting wildly towards the two men in full auto, followed shortly by Saevus who starts hitting the barrier with powerful telekinetic blasts.
This turns out to be a bad idea, as the barrier seems to be also capable of stopping bullets. Which means that the bullets break into shrapnel when they hit the barrier, shrapnel that get redirected back towards them.
When John finally stops shooting, the barrier is still there, although there is shimmering in the air where the shots and telekinetic blasts hit it. John can barely hear the moaning of his teammates through the ringing in his ears.

One of the pieces of shrapnel has become embedded in Lioraw's right upper arm, causing him a lot of pain but no major injury.
Another has hit Saevus, but his armour easily deflected it.
The third hit "Rune", but it merely scratched his scaly skin.
Overall, the universe thinks you got very lucky this turn, considering the potential your actions had for teamkilling.

The two men turn around and quickly approach you.
"Hey hey hey! Stop that!"
"You're going to get yourselves killed. We're supposed to take you back alive."
"Where did you get the weapons? I thought you took their weapons."
"I did! I searched them!"
"Well, you obviously didn't do a very good job at it."

It looks like this (or something like this anyway) is what the man in white was waiting for. He slowly unsheathes his scimitar and then he breaks apart into three copies of himself (one red, one green, one blue) that move away from each other and disappear. The three copies reappear behind the two horned men and merge behind a piece of the table.

The man in white starts sneaking towards them, but your captors seem to somehow know he is there and start turning around to face him.
He runs between them and towards you, shoving them to the side before they can react and hits the circle with his sword. There is a flash of light and everyone feels something burning near where their stomach is (or would be, for the non-humans). After the flash, the circle no longer exists on the floor.

NOW you are free.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: September 22, 2014, 06:44:32 am »

((Sorry, RL in the way...))

Theri looked at River and spoke.

"River? Everything is alright, right?"

Recall how I brought Irine's sword and do the same idea here.

"Can I-May I speak to you a bit? Or-or are we at the destination you were going to show us?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2628 on: September 22, 2014, 06:55:57 am »

@Everyone: Do you find running two missions in the same thread confusing? Should I split this into another thread? I hadn't considered this before because it looks fine to me, but if you think it would be better if we had a primary and secondary mission thread, then I could do that.

((Sorry, RL in the way...))

Theri looked at River and spoke.

Recall how I brought Irine's sword and do the same idea here.

"Can I-May I speak to you a bit? Or-or are we at the destination you were going to show us?"
You focus on the idea of a sword again, but when you wish for it to appear, nothing happens. Looks like this place has different rules than the one you were before.

You follow River as he slowly walks towards the doorway with the bright light coming from it.
"I don't know. I don't see any danger around, but that doesn't mean everything is alright."
"No this isn't where we were supposed to stop. This is the halfway point.
You can follow me and talk to me if you want. Just make sure to stay behind me."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:57:39 am by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: September 22, 2014, 07:01:08 am »

@Everyone: Do you find running two missions in the same thread confusing? Should I split this into another thread? I hadn't considered this before because it looks fine to me, but if you think it would be better if we had a primary and secondary mission thread, then I could do that.
((A special person (Skyrunner) suggested that people in a thread tag themselves or their posts in a way to discern one (mission) from another--she noted it in my game, at least, and I find it respectable to be used here, in lieu of anything else. It's a very simple solution that only requires the effort to type one word, probably ctrl b or click to bold it.

However we need said word for it to be used :) ...She used Subquest, respectively.))

"Alright-um, this...is pretty much about Irine." Theri says as she tries to keep the pace up, after glancing at where the rest she met are.
"I...don't understand. As in, she's really not the tricky type--thinking that I overheard all of what you said anyway, but she's pretty sweet. Determined and all, yeah, but she's...well, likeable. She has a sense of duty. You saw it back there right? When I-we...met Awena?"

Her last sentence was punctuated with a chirpy tone. Just the memory of that woman gave her joy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: September 22, 2014, 07:06:49 am »

((Yeah, just have us post team names on top of our posts like in the clusterflup missions in ER))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2631 on: September 22, 2014, 07:22:07 am »

((A special person (Skyrunner) suggested that people in a thread tag themselves or their posts in a way to discern one (mission) from another--she noted it in my game, at least, and I find it respectable to be used here, in lieu of anything else. It's a very simple solution that only requires the effort to type one word, probably ctrl b or click to bold it.

However we need said word for it to be used :) ...She used Subquest, respectively.))
((Yeah, just have us post team names on top of our posts like in the clusterflup missions in ER))
((Yeah, good idea, I could do something like that. I could just use the mission type for my posts, since it's a simple thing. So you just do something like this at the beginning of your posts:))

Campaign

((And I'll do something like this:))

Campaign

"Alright-um, this...is pretty much about Irine." Theri says as she tries to keep the pace up, after glancing at where the rest she met are.
"I...don't understand. As in, she's really not the tricky type--thinking that I overheard all of what you said anyway, but she's pretty sweet. Determined and all, yeah, but she's...well, likeable. She has a sense of duty. You saw it back there right? When I-we...met Awena?"

Her last sentence was punctuated with a chirpy tone. Just the memory of that woman gave her joy.
"I... I understand what you are saying. I like her, that is why I took her with us. I know that she will probably not hurt me as long as I do not hurt her. It is not that which concerns me, it is..."
River stops and turns to face you. He looks down and whispers this to you.
"I know she does not want to hurt me but I am afraid that she may want to use me. I am afraid of what she may ask of me. That she may try to make me hurt the ones I care about. I am afraid that she may try to hurt me if she thinks it would be 'right'. I am afraid that she will hate me if she does not already. I don't want that to happen. So I prefer to not talk to her."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:24:15 am by Parisbre56 »
« Reply #2632 on: September 22, 2014, 07:36:57 am »

Survival
 >Find my pole arm and find an safe exit
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:07:01 pm by Roc CURIOUSBEAST_EATER »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: September 22, 2014, 07:46:53 am »

((*YAY*))

Campaign
> Examine surroundings.

Theri pouted, and memories of her own life hit her like a flowing river. Calm, yet making you very much aware of where you stand.
And she had a choice.

"River," she said, tapping him lightly on the arm, "I really doubt that she's the type of person who uses others...or even hurts others out of her own volition. And by that, I mean I doubt she looks at others as objects rather than...erm, people, to...um, be used."

Putting stresses on words her thoughts mixed up on, yet failed at the moment to produce the needed word was the best hint she could give as to her intent. "She...really doesn'-...isn't that kind of person who returns hate with hate."

"I can see it in her person." Theri glanced at where Irine was, before looking back at River. "What caused that idea though? It's like you're focused on something in particular?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: September 22, 2014, 07:55:58 am »

((I was considering doing this anyway.  Time to make it official.
That said, should we use underline to prevent confusion with bolding posts that don't have actions in them?))

Survival

"Oops?"

Keep shooting them!  If ammo's gone, summon up another magazine and reload/fire.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: September 22, 2014, 08:45:19 am »

Irine, Campaign

I follow River, but don't get too close, giving him the space he seems to want from me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: September 22, 2014, 09:07:55 am »

Campaign

"And here I was thinking this would happen as described. Thank goodness my fears were unfounded."

First of all, close my eyes and click my tongue a few times and get a feel for the room and the objects within, then listen without clicking for any presences in the air. Walk around a little bit.

Then smell the air. What can I discern?

Then check out the two unopened doors if the haven't been already checked. Listen for anything interesting in their vicinity, and try opening them a crack (while standing off to the side) if possible, check for smells and sounds when doors are opened if applicable.

River stops and turns to face you. He looks down and whispers this to you.
"I know she does not want to hurt me but I am afraid that she may want to use me. I am afraid of what she may ask of me. That she may try to make me hurt the ones I care about. I am afraid that she may try to hurt me if she thinks it would be 'right'. I am afraid that she will hate me if she does not already. I don't want that to happen. So I prefer to not talk to her."

As a side note, how well can I hear this fella at his current distance and volume?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: September 22, 2014, 09:10:16 am »

As a side note, how well can I hear this fella at his current distance and volume?
((As a general note--was all conversations we all had before the sudden 'non-plain D:' event heard by...well, all those in the vicinity of River?
And can we all hear each other despite (?)not seeing each other due to the [?]darkness[?](?)
...I think I need to re-read again. This is awesome and I'm confused due to my sads.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: September 22, 2014, 10:47:17 am »

Saevus, Survival

Thrust my mighty spear into Mr. Red. Repeatedly. Pull him in range if needed. If Mr. Red is too far to be pulled back into melee, attempt to fire my weapon (by pushing it, ofc) in his direction.

((The double entendres cannot be stopped. I should've summoned a sword.))
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:52:56 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: September 22, 2014, 12:12:19 pm »

Campaign
Go ahead and examine the windows further. I'm not yet satisfied.

((Gah! You're too fast for me, Paris! I only have so many minutes in the school day to read up on this!))
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:30:47 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 521