Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127109 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Somebody set up us the bomb
« Reply #2595 on: September 21, 2014, 12:09:28 am »

Zechariah shrugged. There wasn't much else for him to say. Not at this point at least.
"I still don't know much about our target, but I guess I'll find that out soon enough, right?"

Pick up a pack and look through its contents. Once dialogue is finished, go ahead and enter the portal.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: September 21, 2014, 12:33:31 am »

"Stellar? You there? We're starting now, so I'm not going to be able to talk to you again for a while. Good luck, okay? Take care of yourself."
I look myself over, seeing what I'm wearing, and if the Entities have forced me into one of my other forms yet again (and changing back to hybrid if they have). I then dig through my backpack alongside everyone else doing the same, checking its contents. I make a point of moving the water and fire steel to the outer pockets or top of the main one, where I can access them easily as necessary. I also check the clothing very carefully, looking to see which form they're intended for. Finally, I put everything away where I can find it again later if needed, heft the backpack and make sure everything is secure, and put it on and step over to the rods.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
« Reply #2597 on: September 21, 2014, 12:57:27 am »

Find the nearest safe exit and tell the other bodyguards about it

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: September 21, 2014, 01:08:49 am »

"So you're my new team. I'm Nikolai. I can make machines and tools bigger and more powerful.
It would be good if I knew who you are and what you can do.
"

Claim a bag and search it thoroughly. It is important with Nikolai's powerset to know exactly what I have available.
Also check what I'm wearing. My usual outfit?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: September 21, 2014, 01:22:18 am »

"Irine, I control flame. You make tools stronger? What defines what a tool is? can you make your nails into claws?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: September 21, 2014, 01:24:08 am »

I am Alan, and my power is being amazing! yells Alan as he runs flabbily toward the portal.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: September 21, 2014, 01:32:12 am »

Zechariah looked up as he searched through things in his bag. He instinctively touched his crystal-flagged wooden staff, and then continued to search through the bag.
"My name's Zechariah.. Dimikaelo." He was hesitant to say his last name, as it carried some negative connotations with it. Yet, it was still a part of his identity.
"I.. harness the power of the Medium through my staff, Joma. Through my access of different dimensions, I can manifest willpower in the form of crystal hardlight constructs and illusion through shadows.

Um... well, where do you come from, Nikolai?"

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 01:34:00 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: September 21, 2014, 01:49:18 am »

((DEAR GODS TYPHOON HITS THEN THIS  :'(
I...missed a lot. And I really wanted to poke River too...nghh
Recap?))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:25:54 am by Tiruin »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: September 21, 2014, 03:09:27 am »

"Irine, I control flame. You make tools stronger? What defines what a tool is? can you make your nails into claws?"
"I can "Tsar" pretty much anything John could summon... and some things he definitely can't. Can't use it on my nails while they're attached, but maybe I can kill someone with a fingernail clipping."

I am Alan, and my power is being amazing! yells Alan as he runs flabbily toward the portal.
"...ok"

Zechariah looked up as he searched through things in his bag. He instinctively touched his crystal-flagged wooden staff, and then continued to search through the bag.
"My name's Zechariah.. Dimikaelo." He was hesitant to say his last name, as it carried some negative connotations with it. Yet, it was still a part of his identity.
"I.. harness the power of the Medium through my staff, Joma. Through my access of different dimensions, I can manifest willpower in the form of crystal hardlight constructs and illusion through shadows.

Um... well, where do you come from, Nikolai?"

"You have the power of the Medium? I have the power of the big. Hehe, bad joke. I think we can work well together.
I'm from Universe number something, as the entities would call it. It wasn't very nice, the air was poison and it was very cold. Here is much better.
"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: September 21, 2014, 03:23:35 am »

"So you're my new team. I'm Nikolai. I can make machines and tools bigger and more powerful.
"

"Ike! I can hear and smell rather well. And I'm also a bit faster than average."

To Drake: <Bye, dude! I shall return with tales of terror and explosions, I hope!>

To the portal! Adventure!

Make sure I've taken my pack along, too. Back to the woods at last, hopefully!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: September 21, 2014, 04:40:05 am »

Well, first of all - a warrior is nothing without his weapon. Summon myself a spear. Then observe the white human. What is he trying to show?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:24:57 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: September 21, 2014, 06:44:52 am »

"Can you... Tsar? fire?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2607 on: September 21, 2014, 09:20:07 am »

Your bags don't have much more than what is absolutely necessary so that they don't become too heavy. Just the objects that were mentioned. A sleeping bag, a small knife, a fire steel, an extra set of clothes along with a short waterproof cloth cloak (made so with the use of wax as far as you can tell) that can be worn over them to offer some protection from rain.

((I'm leaving it a bit vague in case I forgot to pack something absolutely necessary.
If you think there's something else one going to a camping trip or preparing survival gear would pack with them, then you can search the bag for it. Provided that it is not something beyond medieval tech level.
But if I haven't made some sort of enormous blunder and forgotten something very important, then those are the objects you have with you.))

River's bag looks larger and heavier. Along with the standard supplies you all have, he is also carrying some rope, a small metal cooking pot and a piece of canvas that could be used to make a crude tent with the use of a branch or stick.

"Oh, forgot to say, the communication pendants you are wearing work when anywhere on your body, so you could wrap them around your hand or put them in a pocket if you wanted.

We just considered the pendant to be the best form because it is easy to conceal underneath clothing and harder to loose if your body is damaged, considering someone would have to stab you in the chest or cut your head off to remove it. We believe that outweighs the danger of strangulation.

If you think they have become a liability, you can either break the circle or just stop wearing it and it should stop working. If they are damaged, he should be able to repair them, if given some time and energy."

Yuppity duppers!

Search bag, aquaint myself with what's in it. Then run into the portal without regard for other things.
You stand in the centre of the square created by the rods.
Nothing happens.

Zechariah shrugged. There wasn't much else for him to say. Not at this point at least.
"I still don't know much about our target, but I guess I'll find that out soon enough, right?"

Pick up a pack and look through its contents. Once dialogue is finished, go ahead and enter the portal.
You stand next to Alan, who seems to be jiggling with excitement.
<Can you try to prevent him from killing himself again?>
"Do not worry. I know I am responsible for them. I will take care of them."
<Good. I don't want my effort to be wasted.>

"Stellar? You there? We're starting now, so I'm not going to be able to talk to you again for a while. Good luck, okay? Take care of yourself."
I look myself over, seeing what I'm wearing, and if the Entities have forced me into one of my other forms yet again (and changing back to hybrid if they have). I then dig through my backpack alongside everyone else doing the same, checking its contents. I make a point of moving the water and fire steel to the outer pockets or top of the main one, where I can access them easily as necessary. I also check the clothing very carefully, looking to see which form they're intended for. Finally, I put everything away where I can find it again later if needed, heft the backpack and make sure everything is secure, and put it on and step over to the rods.
<Good luck to you too. Stay safe. I care for you. I don't want to loose you.>

Assume you've transformed into hybrid form.

You make sure the fire steel and water flask are on the top of the backpack to render them more easily accessible.

The clothes are for your human form. As far as I understand, your hybrid form is a bit shorter and smaller than your human form, so both forms should be able to wear the clothing. It will just be a bit larger for your hybrid form, but nothing that would cause anything more than mild discomfort. You'll just have to lift the sleeves a bit. The trousers do not have any sort of hole for your tails though, unlike Theri's.

Generally assume you can change your clothes to whatever you want (within reason). The entities aren't going to have a problem with that.

You join the growing group near the rods.

"

Claim a bag and search it thoroughly. It is important with Nikolai's powerset to know exactly what I have available.
Also check what I'm wearing. My usual outfit?

Usual outfit, although your green coat is a lot less modern. Still, the broken gas mask might look a bit weird considering where you are going. Strange that the entities did not remove it. Perhaps they thought it was part of your identity.

"

"Ike! I can hear and smell rather well. And I'm also a bit faster than average."

To Drake: <Bye, dude! I shall return with tales of terror and explosions, I hope!>

To the portal! Adventure!

Make sure I've taken my pack along, too. Back to the woods at last, hopefully!

<Bye! See you soon! I'm certain you are going to have loads of fun!>
You join the rest.

"Can you... Tsar? fire?"
"Please try that. I'd love to see you try that."

((DEAR GODS TYPHOON HITS THEN THIS  :'(
I...missed a lot. And I really wanted to poke River too...nghh
Recap?))
No pressure. Mission hasn't properly started yet, although it will once you get through the portal.

Basically, your group is being sent along with River to another world. A murderer has fled there and River has asked for your help in finding and punishing him. From what River has said, said murderer is the same species as River (which means that he too possesses magical powers) but is much larger and looks very different from him.

You've been given some backpacks with some basic equipment, as shown in the beginning of the post. You've also been given magical pendants that allow you to telepathically communicate with each other in a short range.

Even if one of you dies during the mission, then that is not the end. River might be able to revive you.

I think that's all the important stuff covered.

And since River will be going with you, you'll have plenty of chances to poke him.
Must resist making an "I hardly know him" joke...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:51:53 am by Parisbre56 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2608 on: September 21, 2014, 09:58:12 am »

"Well now, just like Urbania, if a bit retro. They justa got demselves soma augments. Letus have som fun, nao, right ya Devils."

Grab some loose rubble, or anything heavy, and, when I can, whack Mr.Blue. Look at Mr.Red afterwards, then, after cooing at him like a pigeon, whack him too.
anything heavy
You should be more careful of your wording when the result is going to be determined by dice rolls...

Seeing as there are no rubble nearby, you instead resort to trying to grab Lioraw so that you can throw him at Mr. Blue. Lioraw sees the punch coming and tries to get out of the way, but his feet get tangled on John's and he looses his footing. This surprises you greatly, so much so that you don't manage to stop in time, also trip into John and fall onto him, smacking your head on the ground in the process.

John is having trouble breathing under the weight of two men who have just smacked onto his chest.

Find the nearest safe exit and tell the other bodyguards about it
You are in a circle, while out there there are a bunch of people trying to kill you.
And one person trying to kill you is currently lying over you, trapping you.
There is no escape from this madness. You can't move.
Now would be a good time to panic.

Morph to the most venomous snake in the world: An Inland Taipan.
You transform your entire biomass into that of a snake.
It's kinda hard to move well and do anything inside the circle when you're a four metre long serpent.
Not to mention that your eyesight isn't that well. You can't tell who is who unless they stand still and allow you to bob your head around. Damn motion sensitive vision.

Ugh, I'm really starting to hate explosions.  Let's see...
Bryan sends a message to everybody. <Let's try to stay quiet for now.  Don't want to attract attention.  And no, I don't know anything about magic, not my area of expertise.  If it gets too hot I can try to put it out>
Inventory check, do I have anything useful?  Try to figure out what the signal means exactly.  Does my host have any ideas about it?
Nothing with you besides your clothes.
You think he might be telling you to do something about those two? He shows you his eyes, so maybe he means look? Asking you where they are looking? Make them look somewhere? You're not really sure, his signals are very vague.

Well, first of all - a warrior is nothing without his weapon. Summon myself a spear. Then observe the white human. What is he trying to show?
You summon yourself a spear and then stare at the man, trying to decipher what he is saying.
You're fairly certain he is asking you to make two drinks for the red and blue gentlemen over there and make sure they come get them themselves.

Everyone not currently trapped under someone.
"Yeah, I heard they got the police held up in the bridge and everyone else in the island is trying to kill each other."
"Think they got magic weapons?"
"Don't know. Maybe. I wouldn't want to find out. Being summoned again is a bitch."
"Because he is certainly going to summon us again. That's for sure."
"Yeah, stupid bastard. We should unionise. Organize a strike, you know?"

The man in white facepalms as he watches what you're doing. You're fairly certain that gesture needs no translation.
He then gestures towards the scimitar hanging from his belt.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:11:18 am by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: September 21, 2014, 10:04:20 am »

Slither up towards the voices. Bite them each in the legs, then slither back to the group.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 521