Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127269 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2565 on: September 18, 2014, 03:45:36 pm »

Zechariah tensed up a bit. Maybe he wasn't wrong with his hunch. He still didn't have much in the ways of solid evidence, but there were some things popping up that resembled what he knew about before.
He had to remain vigilant. Something.. odd.. was happening in the background of all of this nonsense, and he wanted to find out what it was.

He nodded to the shadowy man and said "I.. I understand."
He then directed his attention to the general area of the room and called out to another entity.
"Darkstar, what do you have for us as the target? Anything or anyone specific, or are we just looking for a general objective?"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: September 18, 2014, 03:48:32 pm »

Nikolai whispers something quickly to his entity, then he observes the tavern, and picks out his new teammates among the crowd. No one else from the BETA crew sadly.
He stays silent for now.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:59:08 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: September 18, 2014, 03:52:46 pm »

Alan heard words.

Yo, HIM! Who's this thing we're killinating or whatever?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: September 18, 2014, 04:27:09 pm »

"Hm, gangs in 50's New York.  This should prove to be interesting.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: September 18, 2014, 04:32:18 pm »

I still have my links? in some form, at least? They're just really far away, I still have them? I...
I look down and breathe a sigh of relief.
"Thank you. I... I suppose I owe you an apology. I'm still trying to come to terms with what happened, and it's hard to trust you, with the way you present yourself and the situation I'm in. I... I shouldn't be accusing you at every turn like this. Sorry. So far you entities have been fair, and don't deserve the way I've been lashing out at you. I'm... I'm sorry for that."
I continue looking down while speaking.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
« Reply #2570 on: September 18, 2014, 05:56:23 pm »

"Who is the entity I am working for"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2571 on: September 18, 2014, 08:00:22 pm »

((Paris, y u do dis. Oh, and by the way, it's 132))
"I thank thee, human."

Nonchalantly take the couch off myself and sit down on it.
((Sorry man, thought you were just RPing. I'm not doing this on purpose, I swear.
And I think I've already proven several times that I suck at noticing the spelling of names.))

You get the couch off of you and sit on it after thanking the now pouting Alan for it. The couch complains a bit and the pillows bend more than usual, but other than that, the couch holds.

Zechariah tensed up a bit. Maybe he wasn't wrong with his hunch. He still didn't have much in the ways of solid evidence, but there were some things popping up that resembled what he knew about before.
He had to remain vigilant. Something.. odd.. was happening in the background of all of this nonsense, and he wanted to find out what it was.

He nodded to the shadowy man and said "I.. I understand."
He then directed his attention to the general area of the room and called out to another entity.
"Darkstar, what do you have for us as the target? Anything or anyone specific, or are we just looking for a general objective?"
The wolfman near Theri responds to your question.
"We're looking for a traitor. A murderer. A coward. A severer. One who dared violate the very nature of my species."
His voice is a mix of a deep human voice and growls.
"The despicable creature tried to flee into another world, thinking I could not track it and follow it there. We will arrive at the place it was last known to be, find whatever hole it has chosen to hide in and bring it to justice."
The anger is clear, both in his voice and in his snarling face.
"Its form has some power. The magical and physical strength my kind possesses, along with the gifts that were granted to it, all of them now squandered. Its size is larger than yours, it can fly, it can modify its form and it has some skill in manipulating the world, both the living and the dead."
He walks towards you, his body low, his ears facing forward, his tail moving nervously from side to side, looking like he is ready to attack.
"Nevertheless, it should have been made weak by its heinous acts. Meaning that even a few of us should be able to end its existence, provided we move quickly. I have acquired basic knowledge of the surrounding area and I am an expert tracker, so locating it should not be a problem."
He stops walking when he is face to face with you.
"Even if that is not the case and it is more powerful than I anticipated, we will see that it is punished for its deeds."
His teeth are a bit too close to your face for comfort.
"I will make sure of it." he adds more quietly, mostly to himself.

Nikolai whispers something quickly to his entity, then he observes the tavern, and picks out his new teammates among the crowd. No one else from the BETA crew sadly.
He stays silent for now.
You consider the prospect of learning to work with new people.

Alan heard words.

Yo, HIM! Who's this thing we're killinating or whatever?
I am certain you read DAF's response and are now preparing some sort of silly inappropriate important follow-up question.

I still have my links? in some form, at least? They're just really far away, I still have them? I...
I look down and breathe a sigh of relief.
"Thank you. I... I suppose I owe you an apology. I'm still trying to come to terms with what happened, and it's hard to trust you, with the way you present yourself and the situation I'm in. I... I shouldn't be accusing you at every turn like this. Sorry. So far you entities have been fair, and don't deserve the way I've been lashing out at you. I'm... I'm sorry for that."
I continue looking down while speaking.
"No need to apologize. I always try to be fair, to follow my rules, to not go back on my deals. Because it is the best way to ensure others do the same. And that is all."

"Not that I'm complaining. It'll be an opportunity to count how long it will take you to discover some other terrible thing I have actually done that you find the need to accuse me of."

"Who is the entity I am working for"
<It is I, the Knight cloaked in darkness.>
<He's batmaaaan!>
<Sush, Jester. I am no bat. I am an honourable knight. Do not listen to him my champion. I always speak the truth. Do you know why?>
<Because he's batmaaaan!>
<No, because mine honour compels me.>

((EDIT: I just thought of a name for the orbs. Call them Soul Spheres.))
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:10:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: September 18, 2014, 08:48:15 pm »

"An' who iz da boyo talkin' in mah head comin frum?"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: September 18, 2014, 09:23:18 pm »

John stood up, clearing his face a bit.  He smirked at the shadowy entity, then spoke.  "Do we know the nature of the gang we'll be facing?  Grunts with guns?  Ties to deeper pockets?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: September 19, 2014, 12:05:31 am »

"We're looking for a traitor. A murderer. A coward. A severer. One who dared violate the very nature of my species."
"The despicable creature tried to flee into another world, thinking I could not track it and follow it there. We will arrive at the place it was last known to be, find whatever hole it has chosen to hide in and bring it to justice."
"Its form has some power. The magical and physical strength my kind possesses, along with the gifts that were granted to it, all of them now squandered. Its size is larger than yours, it can fly, it can modify its form and it has some skill in manipulating the world, both the living and the dead."
He walks towards you, his body low, his ears facing forward, his tail moving nervously from side to side, looking like he is ready to attack.
"Nevertheless, it should have been made weak by its heinous acts. Meaning that even a few of us should be able to end its existence, provided we move quickly. I have acquired basic knowledge of the surrounding area and I am an expert tracker, so locating it should not be a problem."
"Even if that is not the case and it is more powerful than I anticipated, we will see that it is punished for its deeds."

Ike listens quite intently to this, most surprised by this turn of events.

"Wait, you're Darkstar? You don't look much like a Darkstar. Though you do sound exactly like one. Hm."

He ponders these data a moment.

"Also, would this heinous unperson possibly have an unfortunate hoarding habit? Just what does qualify as a heinous act under god-law, anyway? Did it murder someone or steal something? Or was it something relatively trivial, yet nonetheless unpleasant, like insulting somebody above their weight category, or flirting with the girlfriend of the same?"
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:20:08 am by Harry Baldman »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: September 19, 2014, 12:17:48 am »

Zechariah tries not to flinch. If he did, that would seem weak to Darkstar, and he didn't want to get on the wrong foot with Darkstar.

"Wait, you're Darkstar? You don't look much like a Darkstar. Though you do sound exactly like one. Hm."
"Also, would this heinous unperson possibly have an unfortunate hoarding habit? Just what does qualify as a heinous act under god-law, anyway? Did it murder someone or steal something? Or was it something relatively trivial, yet nonetheless unpleasant, like insulting somebody above their weight category, or flirt with the girlfriend of the same?"

Zechariah nodded and turned back to Darkstar. "I would also like to know what this person did to insult your species."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: September 19, 2014, 12:49:27 am »

And you'd be right in that!

Does he have a hat I can steal off his corpse?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
« Reply #2577 on: September 19, 2014, 02:33:36 am »

"I thought that entities is Much larger than that, but that does not matter anyway"
"What Morality System do you subscribe to, Utilitarianism?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: September 19, 2014, 05:09:06 am »

"Please be more specific. What forms has it been known to take, how limited is its ability to reshape the world around it, what special abilities has it been known to demonstrate, and what is its name."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2579 on: September 19, 2014, 07:01:27 am »

"An' who iz da boyo talkin' in mah head comin frum?"
"From here! From me!" you hear a voice coming from besides you.

John stood up, clearing his face a bit.  He smirked at the shadowy entity, then spoke.  "Do we know the nature of the gang we'll be facing?  Grunts with guns?  Ties to deeper pockets?"
"Everything."

"Also, would this heinous unperson possibly have an unfortunate hoarding habit? Just what does qualify as a heinous act under god-law, anyway? Did it murder someone or steal something? Or was it something relatively trivial, yet nonetheless unpleasant, like insulting somebody above their weight category, or flirting with the girlfriend of the same?"
"If that coward hadn't fled, then he would be facing the form of Darkstar. I am River now. That is the form and name I have chosen for myself. But I am also Darkstar. The name that was chosen for me and feared by my enemies. Even if I have chosen to not look like me or wield the full range of my power, I still have the gift of Sight, I can still Silence the world, I can still strike fear to my enemies."
"Also, would this heinous unperson possibly have an unfortunate hoarding habit?"
"Not that I know of. Maybe it will have some magic items from that world for protection. But not enough time has passed for it to gather many."
"Just what does qualify as a heinous act under god-law, anyway? Did it murder someone or steal something? Or was it something relatively trivial, yet nonetheless unpleasant, like insulting somebody above their weight category, or flirting with the girlfriend of the same?"
"It is not a god and neither am I. It did not break the law of the Entities. It broke my law. The law of my species. Went against our nature. It run away from its responsibilities. It severed its bonds. It killed the one it had bonded with."
He says that last part like its the worst, most unthinkably bad thing anyone could ever do.

Zechariah tries not to flinch. If he did, that would seem weak to Darkstar, and he didn't want to get on the wrong foot with Darkstar.

"Also, would this heinous unperson possibly have an unfortunate hoarding habit? Just what does qualify as a heinous act under god-law, anyway? Did it murder someone or steal something? Or was it something relatively trivial, yet nonetheless unpleasant, like insulting somebody above their weight category, or flirt with the girlfriend of the same?"

Zechariah nodded and turned back to Darkstar. "I would also like to know what this person did to insult your species."
He takes a step back and turns to reply to Ike, although he remains close to you.
I assume you read that reply.

And you'd be right in that!

Does he have a hat I can steal off his corpse?
"It may have acquired protective headgear. I do not know. It will probably be too large for you to use."

"Please be more specific. What forms has it been known to take, how limited is its ability to reshape the world around it, what special abilities has it been known to demonstrate, and what is its name."
"The traitor deserves no name." ((Or, more accurately, I haven't thought of one.))

"From what I know, he proffered the form of a giant insect, longer than it is tall, like the worm that it is. But with time it could probably take any form. It is likely to remain at its current size and form, unless it would gain some advantage in hiding."

"Its abilities are powerful, but they take time. It may have altered the environment to create traps, but I should be able to detect them. It could change the terrain to hide and make approaching it difficult. It could modify life around it to support it, but again, that would take time and energy. The worse it can do is to acquire power and somehow completely break the terrain, but that would bring attention to it and I doubt a coward like it would do that."

"I thought that entities is Much larger than that, but that does not matter anyway"
"What Morality System do you subscribe to, Utilitarianism?"

"Guess you could call it that. Although it's more 'let everyone do what they want, we'll sort things out later if they do something they weren't supposed to or something that goes against the progress of the collective' sort of thing."

"Any more questions or shall we begin?"
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 521