Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125830 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2355 on: September 08, 2014, 02:58:00 pm »

I want to do the fantasy campaign, and I want to do the survival. So put me wherever.

Drunkenly matrix under the couch.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: September 08, 2014, 04:43:55 pm »

((Put me in either, should be fun whichever one I'm in.))
Bryan stands up, picks up one of the clear phials of liquid from before and considers it for a moment.  No, I need to think a bit more before I relive that.  He sets the phial down and moves to the piano room.  Once there he sits down.  "It's been awhile.He attempts to play this.
((Please note that the comments on that video might be spoiler heavy.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: September 08, 2014, 06:53:30 pm »

((Wait, I thought the legend was they had up to nine tails?))
((that is correct, Irine is an entirely different being, similar in result but not in means.))
((And although I'd enjoy a high-fantasy campaign, I'm also quite happy with survival or whatever.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: September 08, 2014, 08:46:31 pm »

I think we've reached the player mass where two missions can comfortably be run at once, especially if one caps out at six entries.  Survival, with its likely lower flavor intensity (though I wouldn't put it past Paris to keep it flavor heavy as well) shouldn't be as hard to run.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: September 08, 2014, 09:02:49 pm »

I think we've reached the player mass where two missions can comfortably be run at once, especially if one caps out at six entries.  Survival, with its likely lower flavor intensity (though I wouldn't put it past Paris to keep it flavor heavy as well) shouldn't be as hard to run.
((IF you need tips in running dual-missions with efficiency at the same time, Paris, I'm REALLY open to help there :3))
Err, personal experience.

((Also, Na'vi? x3))

"Most of the others are down in the town. Would you like to go there? Or would you like me to send a message to Irine?"
Theri pressed the back of her index finger to her chin.
"Mmm, how's about you tell me where she is--message her (as a distraction) and I'll greet her with a hug? I do recall tidbits of what happened in the end and...if what I recall is really true, I'm quite happy to see Awena ok."

Her smile faltered, "Though...I never got a chance to say goodbye. Or thankyou--enough, anyway."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: September 08, 2014, 09:47:58 pm »

((And although I'd enjoy a high-fantasy campaign, I'm also quite happy with survival or whatever.))
+Ditto

Zechariah
Zechariah stopped to consider this. Scion's attitude hinted at a sort of ambition that she was hiding - an ambition that went beyond what she had in mind for Zechariah himself.
Still, he was curious about what she had to say here. Might as well not waste the opportunity to learn something new about this place.
"What was it that was pointed out to you? And.. yes, this is something I should be concerned about. This is my world now. I should not be existing right now, but I am, so I might as well involve myself while I still have the chance."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2361 on: September 08, 2014, 10:16:43 pm »

carefully remove and set aside the flower, then change into hybrid form, then put it back in place before going towards where I'm hearing voices.
"Stellar? could you tell me if there is anything weird about this flower? or is it just a pretty flower?"
take advantage of the nature of this place to be hearing what is being said over there clearly, and to not have my voice travel to anyone but Stellar.
You remove the flower and then use the fire in the surrounding area to transform into your hybrid form. It is a bit better than you remembered it, but it still feels bad.
idspispopd
You change the properties of the wall in front of you, making it absorb light and sound from one side but not the other, and do the reverse to the wall on the other side. The result resembles what you get when you activate no clipping mode and go through a wall in a game. A large empty expanse beyond the walls that is invisible from the inside.

On the other side, standing in front of your fire portal, you can see the outline of a humanoid made out of distortions in the air and a fox with a fur that is a mix of shining red and orange. The fox looks at the form with its head lowered and its body tense, its tail low.
"-what you said. I made the choice that I thought was right."
The sound comes as if from far away, the gap you created distorting the acoustics of the room. He is talking quickly, yet with a low voice. You can barely hear what he is saying.
"You were supposed to be on my side. Support me no matter what." She speaks with a tone of voice that is normal yet carries no discernible emotion in it.
"But I did! I helped! As much as I could! But I couldn't betray my player. I had a responsibility to him! And to you! Don't you know in how much trouble you could be if-" He is speaking more loudly now.
"I revoke your permission to be in this area." She continues speaking in her previous tone.
"No, wait-"
The fox disintegrates into orange and yellow sparks.

She stays there for about half a minute before she starts walking towards the chamber you are in. You reverse the effect and ask your question.
"No... No, there's nothing wrong with it. At least, not from what I can see. Let me have a closer look at it." She sounds calm and a bit tired.
She approaches you and extends her blurry arm, palm open.

John nodded at the shadow entity.  "Huh.  So you're the coordinator; fair enough."

John looked out into the town he had made that was quickly becoming a gathering point.  Fine by him.  "I don't mind if you drop by; not like I could really stop you, I guess.  You make the whole business or just this part of it?"
"Actually, you could kick me out. We are obliged to respect your privacy." he cuts you off and says while lifting his finger.
"Well, your entities' privacy really, but it extends to you, as long as they want to." he adds with a dismissive wave of his hand, as if the distinction is not important.
"Point is, I can't enter your personal area uninvited."

"Anyway, what do you mean make the 'whole' business? Which part do you see as the whole?"
The last sentence carries a hint of amusement, as if he is enjoying the antithesis in his words.

"Hm, I prefer to build up more of an innuendo train, myself, but rather nice work there! Anyhow, got some milk? From a goat, preferably, to keep with the theme. Or kefir if you've got any, that'll work nicely as well."

Continue breakfast.

EDIT: ((Also, if that's not apparent already, High Fantasy for me! Although I wouldn't have anything against Survival, either.))
"Hmmm..."
He scratches his chin and looks up.
"Think I saw some cheese, but I didn't see any goats in the storeroom... And from what I remember, humans usually don't keep goats in basements either... Well, there was that one guy, but he was rather strange."

He removes the pan from the fire and pokes its contents with a wooden spatula. Deciding they need more cooking, he puts it back on the fire.

"Perhaps I should had summoned a barmaid or an innkeeper to do the work."
At that moment, the door opens, briefly illuminating the establishment before it shuts again.
"Oooorrr...." he adds sinisterly before shouting to the new arrival "Hey! You there! There is a shortage of milk in this store! I'll reward you handsomely if you can milk a goat and bring the result to me!"
Having given a ridiculously simple quest that he could fulfil himself with but a thought, like so many NPCs in RPGs before him, he returns to his cooking.

The person who just entered is a very muscular man, one you have never seen before. He is shirtless, a fact that allows you to see his many tattoos. And he is looking around like he is lost. All in all, clues that he is pretty much a clueless new arrival.

( I'll head off to the fantasy campaign, I think that sounds cool. Another dose of wierd before my guy gets to familiar stuff would be cool. So that makes 7.)

I will now retreat to the inn, a bit too odd for me right now.
You approach the inn and look at the sign above the door. The image of a fox with orange fur drinking beer out of a barrel has been engraved on a wooden board and painted with simple colours. The board bears no other images or letters. It has been has been hanged from a wooden beam with the use of ropes. ((Here you can see some of my awful drawing skills, after I have marginally improved them and coloured them via GIMP. Here is the original drawing I made, processed a bit to remove impurities.))

You shrug, push the door open and enter the inn. The sound of the door closing is immediately followed by a great many loud thumps coming from outside. Hope you didn't accidentally break something.

The inside is a lot darker than the outside. All the windows are closed and the only light comes from a large fireplace and a few torches hanging from the walls

There are a lot of old wooden tables and chairs in here. And yet they are all empty, save for one, which is being used by a man with very large ears. Said man is currently looking at you.

You can also see several large wooden barrels near the walls of the room, the ones that usually hold alcohol. There's also a stair leading up as well as a space with smaller barrels and cooking implements in it that is separated by the rest of the area by what looks like a bar. There's a large blonde man there, standing in front of a fire which has a metal pan over it. Said man is also currently looking at you.

The man behind the bar quietly says something to himself before speaking.
"Hey! You there!"
He says and points at you.
"There is a shortage of milk in this store! I'll reward you handsomely if you can milk a goat and bring the result to me!"
With that said, he turns his back to you and returns to looking at the pan over the fire, occasionally poking its contents with a wooden spatula.

Yeah, a high fantasy thing would be pretty cool to do. I'm good with the prospect.

Yay thanks! Here, have a sofa in thanks!

Fire a sofa out of my hand at the guy, forgetting about the frailty of human bodies!
I want to do the fantasy campaign, and I want to do the survival. So put me wherever.

Drunkenly matrix under the couch.
Nikolai observes as Alan raises his hand. He turns to face the crow standing by the fountain.
"Entity!"
Alan is starting to vibrate, his body reacting to the enormous power he is about to unleash.
"Help!"
Nikolai jumps to the side, dodging the first couch. The couch that comes after that is a bit trickier, since it is wider and so he is forced to jump over it. And it is immediately followed by a high couch, meaning he has to slide under it. That last one proves too much to handle for our lightheaded hero. As he slides under it, the "tip" of the couch hits him in the chin, sending him a few feet backwards but mercifully pushing him out of the way of the following onslaught of couches.

Said onslaught litters the rest of the plaza with couches of various shapes and sizes and in various states of brokenness, creating a small mound and making it look like there is some sort of used couch sale going on.

((Put me in either, should be fun whichever one I'm in.))
Bryan stands up, picks up one of the clear phials of liquid from before and considers it for a moment.  No, I need to think a bit more before I relive that.  He sets the phial down and moves to the piano room.  Once there he sits down.  "It's been awhile.He attempts to play this.
((Please note that the comments on that video might be spoiler heavy.))
((Ah, I wish I was as good at playing the piano as the one in the vid.))

You get up. You notice that there is a note on your nightstand, a note that reads [Sorry. Busy. Will be back soon. -K].

You get dressed and walk to the piano room. After a few seconds to mentally prepare yourself, you start playing.
It's not one of your best performances, but you think you manage pretty well, considering the difficulty of the piece. For the most part, the music helps loosen your hands, makes them move naturally, like they have a memory of their own.
Still, your hands got a bit tangled near the middle and you think you were out of tempo in places. You kept on playing, of course, like a pro should. But you'd need to practice a bit if you want to make it perfect.

((IF you need tips in running dual-missions with efficiency at the same time, Paris, I'm REALLY open to help there :3))
Err, personal experience.

((Also, Na'vi? x3))

"Most of the others are down in the town. Would you like to go there? Or would you like me to send a message to Irine?"
Theri pressed the back of her index finger to her chin.
"Mmm, how's about you tell me where she is--message her (as a distraction) and I'll greet her with a hug? I do recall tidbits of what happened in the end and...if what I recall is really true, I'm quite happy to see Awena ok."

Her smile faltered, "Though...I never got a chance to say goodbye. Or thankyou--enough, anyway."
((Thanks for the offer. I might PM you later.))

"Don't worry. I am certain she will remember you and be forever thankful for your help. Even if you never meet again."

"You helped. I am proud of you."

"About where she is..."
He looks in the distance, considering it for a second.
"let me see what I can do."

He makes his hand into a fist, brings it close to his head and extends the index finger.
A single sparrow flies away from the flock and lands on it. It chirps twice as it flutters its wings, trying to balance itself.
Once the sparrow has settled and calmed down, he leans closer and whispers something to it, a long sentence that takes him about half a minute.
After he is done talking, the sparrow stays there for a few seconds before flying away.

"Done!" he says. "Let's head towards the town. I'll have an answer by then."

+Ditto

Zechariah
Zechariah stopped to consider this. Scion's attitude hinted at a sort of ambition that she was hiding - an ambition that went beyond what she had in mind for Zechariah himself.
Still, he was curious about what she had to say here. Might as well not waste the opportunity to learn something new about this place.
"What was it that was pointed out to you? And.. yes, this is something I should be concerned about. This is my world now. I should not be existing right now, but I am, so I might as well involve myself while I still have the chance."
<This is not your world. This is my world. You are just allowed to be a part of it. And if you would just be quiet for a minute and let me say-> she starts angrily but then stops.
She remains quiet for a few seconds.
<I... I might have been a bit... I mean, my choice... it was...>
More silence.
<I wanted to say I am...>

<I don't want this to go to your head, but I just wanted to... say that I will try to... maybe be a bit calmer in the future and not... raise my tone of voice and... avoid saying things that you perceive to be insulting, even when you do things which are completely unreasonable and wrong.>

OOC
There might be some sleep-deprivation induced mistakes here which I am not in the correct state of mind to correct. Please excuse them.

Yeah, that's not really the problem. I'd be running 2 missions anyway. I just like to make those kind of choices linearly. First decide what the first mission is going to be, then see who will be going there, then do the same for mission 2, even though in the end I'll probably end up starting both of them at the same time. No real reason I do it this way other than personal preference or quirk or whatever word you want to use.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 06:50:27 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: September 08, 2014, 10:21:43 pm »

((Idiom?))

John laughed.  "Yeah, I get it, so much more going on that us pawns can't see.  Ha hah.  Anyway, I meant the whole 'games' bit that we're involved in, though I'm sure there's more here that meets the eye.  I guess the others could do stuff like this in line with their powers, as long as they're not shooting each other or anything?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: September 08, 2014, 10:52:53 pm »

"If there's nothing wrong with it, then please be gentle with it. It was a gift from Theri."
I hand over the flower to Stellar
"Um, what... what happened to my previous host? The girl whos name I never even learned?"
((Insert Stellar's response/explanation here))
"And Zoe? Amelia? Awena? Boris?"
((Insert Stellar's response/explanation here))
I wait several moments, unsure what to say now.
"And what about us? What happens now that I twisted the game's ending... again? I... I... I REVOKE EVERYONE BUT STELLAR'S AND MY OWN PERMISSION TO THIS AREA!"
I dash forward and hug Stellar as I yell, and hold her tight for several seconds before asking my final question, my eyes tightly clenched shut and my ears folding down.
"W-why are you being put on trial Stellar?!?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: September 08, 2014, 11:10:52 pm »

Ah, perfect. Say guy, do you do food?

Sit down on one of the sofas and summon a microwave.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: September 09, 2014, 12:39:53 am »

TO THE TOWN!

Theri walked by River's side, eagerly grasping his hand in hers. "So...tell me more about you? I wonder what you prefer to eat, or what your favorite color is. Where did you live before I met you back in the forest there?"

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: September 09, 2014, 05:10:39 am »

"No clue wat a 'gat' is, sorry man.[/glow]

Sit on the table where the big-eared Gene is

"Ey, man. Whatchu ben hearin roundz dis place. Ya see, I'm a fellow Gene, what her be like, sure ain't Urbania."
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: September 09, 2014, 05:33:12 am »

"No clue wat a 'gat' is, sorry man.[/glow]

Sit on the table where the big-eared Gene is

"Ey, man. Whatchu ben hearin roundz dis place. Ya see, I'm a fellow Gene, what her be like, sure ain't Urbania."

"A goat's like the devil, but on four legs, and has milk. At least roughly half of them do, I think. The ones that have milk don't have the horns, if I'm not mixing something up."

"But do tell, my friend. Who are the Genes you speak of, and when or how did I get invited into their club?"

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: September 09, 2014, 03:02:14 pm »

Zechariah blinked once, then twice. He should have been used to these kinds of turnarounds by now, but this was by far one of the most unexpected things that Scion could have said. Hell, she could have said "I love you, Zechariah" and that would have been less surprising than this.

..Okay, that's probably an extreme exaggeration, but you get the point. Besides, 'tis a lonely world for the Hybrid Dragonfly. One such as himself can only dream of a true friendship, even with a guiding entity who probably has the power to erase him from the fabric of reality with the ease of pressing the Backspace key.

Zechariah steps back and slowly sits down on the edge of the bed. "I.. I understand," he says softly. "I didn't mean to say I control this place. I just want to find the truth of why I'm still here and what I can do to finish this competition." He sighs and tries to gesture a bit without words, but then sighs again and asks his question.
"Still.. if I'm not intruding, why the sudden change? This is.. somewhat unexpected, I think. Not bad, but just.. unexpected."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 06:05:29 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: September 09, 2014, 05:44:18 pm »

((I wish I could play like that too.  Unfortunately, I have trouble playing things much simpler than that.))
"Back soon... Well, I can wait."
Start playing scales and chords on the piano as a warm up.  Then try to play something a bit more upbeat.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 521