Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125807 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2325 on: September 01, 2014, 01:56:21 am »

((I'd probably like a campaign. A high-fantasy one, to balance out the sci-fi that's been going around so far.))

<I'm probably not getting too many points for that, but boy, was it fun! And I even know what I want to get!>
((I voted survival, but this also interests me))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: September 01, 2014, 02:09:54 am »

((I'd probably like a campaign. A high-fantasy one, to balance out the sci-fi that's been going around so far.))

<I'm probably not getting too many points for that, but boy, was it fun! And I even know what I want to get!>
+1

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: September 01, 2014, 02:26:04 am »

+1

+Yes

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2328 on: September 01, 2014, 05:14:16 am »

I find it funny that my notes for this are in a folder named "Arena Thing" (due to the original idea being a strictly arena DM/TDM game, with the other modes added as an afterthought for variety) and we have yet to play a single Arena Type mission. Perhaps I should simply rename that folder...

I've actually had a fantasy story sort of thought out for a long time, but I wasn't really happy enough with it to put it in the game modes section. Not so good with thinking about fantasy stuff, that's why I prefer more modern settings (1900s and later).

Hm. It's a good idea, variety is generally a good thing. And it's what the people demand. I'll think about it, see if I can get any inspiration.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: September 01, 2014, 08:37:35 am »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'd do whatever, of course, but I can't pick just one.  Survival's a game concept I like.  I'd like to do a tournament (or other straight PvP) one at some point as well (despite tournament probably being a bad one for my character.)  Race would likely be good too.

And I just noticed there's a campaign suggestion based of the BETA mission.  Huh.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: September 01, 2014, 04:45:36 pm »

((Well done Lenglon.  Hmm, at the moment I'd like to do survival.  The fantasy campaign would probably be fun to do later though.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2331 on: September 06, 2014, 06:41:09 pm »

Hmm... no one's around, then?  I'll take it, then.

Head in and explore it.  Look for a nice place for a foosball table.
When you decide the house is yours, the air around it shimmers for a second.

You shrug, walk up the stairs to the entrance, twist the handle, open the door and enter the mansion.

The inside is sufficiently huge and imposing. Most rooms are lit by candles hanging from the walls or resting on chandeliers. Their stone floors are covered by thick carpets. The walls are covered by dark red or green wallpapers, with molding made out of polished wood to make the transition between walls smoother and some sparse paintings for decoration. It has an overall warm (if a bit dark) feeling.

The first room you enter is an entrance hall, a large, mostly empty room featuring a large stone staircase leading up to a balcony the second floor.

The second room you enter is some sort of entertainment or event room, can't really tell for sure. Another mostly empty area, with a large fireplace, a few seats, lounges and tables. On one side of the room, on a raised platform, rests some kind of string instrument that resembles a cello, while the other holds a cabinet full of drinks. This could house the foosball table.

Other than that on the ground floor we have a grand dining room, a kitchen, a cellar and a study, as well as various other utility rooms. Some of them are obviously designed to be used by servants, since they lack the same attention and lavishness as the other rooms.

As you walk through the quiet halls of the manor, you get the feeling that there's someone there with you. Seeing however as you don't notice anything else beyond that feeling, you just discard it as it being your imagination.

The upper floor is more of a residential area, the part of the house that is actually meant to be lived in, rather than be displayed on special occasions or be used to maintain the rest of the house. It is filled with bedrooms and a couple of bathrooms, as well as a smaller dining area.

As you walk through the upper floor you go past the glass door leading to the balcony you saw from the outside. There's a small wooden table with two chairs there. On one of them sits that entity that looks like shadow in fire's form, holding a cup full of hot liquid. He raises it towards you in a sort of "cheers" motion as you go by.

The upper floor also holds another, smaller study. However, this room is strange in that it seems to contain some of the objects from the previous form of your personal area. The holotable is on the centre of the room instead of a normal table and your spear hangs from the wall.

Bounce upon the trampoline! Bounce all the way to the heavens (and possibly come crashing down upon another player)!
You bounce up and down the trampoline.

Nothing happens.
You bounce higher.

Nothing continues to happen.

Why isn't this working? Why aren't you going anywhere?

The moment you make that thought, a purple ring appears over you. As you go through it, gravity reverses and you start falling.
Headfirst.
And there's no trampoline below you.

Not again.

((Read the turn below you.))
"That... never happened. There was something in the drink. Peace?"

If peace, then head over to John's village and summon another drink.
If no peace, then stab.

You walk through the late medieval village John willed into existence, making your way through the small wooden houses, holding a drink in your hand.

You reach the central plaza with the fountain. There is a large manor here. There's also a three storey building with a sign hanging outside. Some kind of tavern or inn probably.
The crow shaped entity is sitting on the fountain, lazily throwing a ball of dim lightning in the air with one wing and catching it with the other.

As you walk, you hear a noise come from above you.
You look up.
There's a fat guy falling towards you.
You take a step back.
The fat guy falls on the ground in front of you, embedding his head in the ground and pelting you with dirt in the process.
After some effort, he manages to pull his head out of the ground with a rather comical pop.

"Yeah, truce. This place sure ain't Urbania, why the heck would Haz have turf out here, nothin radiatin' out here, and I've never seen anything like this out in Urbania, only on Postcard Planet. What type a' radiatin' did ya use on ya mug, anyway, neva seen that".
Actually take a good look around the place. Question the possibility i'm sleeping. Explore some while dreaming
((Read the turn above yours.))

You follow the masked man as he makes his way through the forest and the medieval town. ((If you want a more detailed description I can provide it. It's just that I've already given a rather detailed description to Toaster and I'd hate to have to repeat it all so soon unless I am explicitly asked to do so. Unless you want exactly the same info, in which case, it's here (Toaster's part).))

Well, sleeping is probably the only way you could explain all this. How else could you had gotten here? Why is there a crow sitting on that fountain playing with a ball of lightning? And why are overweight people falling from the sky?

Yes, you're either dreaming or having a very bad trip.

Harry Bladman
You wake up.
You're sitting and your head is resting on something made of wood, a table probably.
You super sensitive nose can pick up the scent of wild boar being fried.
Yes someone is definitely frying something. You can hear the fat boiling. You can also hear someone whistling. They're whistling the refrain from "Play that Funky Music".

You open your eyes and lift your head.
You're sitting on a wooden chair next to a wooden table. Simple and old looking.
The room you're in is large, made of stone and wooden supports. It is filled with tables and chairs like the ones you're sitting on and one of the walls features a few of those gigantic wooden barrels that usually hold alcohol. It is lit by a large fireplace, complemented by a few torches hanging from the stone walls.
There's a wooden staircase leading somewhere further up.
And finally there's a bar, with a few smaller barrels and cooking implements behind it. The whistler is behind the bar, facing a small fire and holding a pan. When you look at him, he sets the pan down and turns to face you.

He's a burly man with medium length platinum blonde hair, blue eyes and the facial characteristics of a stereotypical Viking, sans the braided beard. He simply has some short facial hair.
He's wearing a light cloth shirt with short sleeves that show off his muscles.
"Goodmorning!" he says merrily and quickly, like it's one word,
He shows you the pan.
"Want some sausage for breakfast?"

DarkArtemisFowl
You wake up.

You're in your bed, on your small cluster of floating islands in your personal section of the Staging Area.
It seems a bit darker than before. Some of the green crystals on the ceiling of the cavern are cracked, giving off a dimmer light.
<You are awake.>
You're not really sure what the purpose of the sentence is. It's a mere statement with no emotion in it.

Tiruin
You wake up.
You can feel someone gently brushing your hair with their hand, occasionally moving it from them to your ears, rubbing them gently.
You can hear sparrows chirping.

When you open your eyes, you can see you're in a forested mountainous area, the one River brought you the first time you were here. It's similar to how you remember it being, a large area full of pines and sparse bushes, with a small stream forming a waterfall on the side opposite to the one you are in.
But there are a few small differences. You can see the upper storey of a building made of stone and wood visible behind the treetops, with smoke rising out of one of its chimneys. There weren't any buildings here before.
You can also see the flock of sparrows. Most of them are hiding in the bushes a few metres away, chirping happily, while others are jumping around on the ground searching for seeds or fluttering their wings as they dust bathe.

"Good day to you."
The hand is removed from your head.
"Are you... feeling well?" he says with a small pause, as if he is unsure of what he wants to say.

Alarith
You wake up.

You're in your bed, the one you woke up in before you went on that mission. It's just as you remember it being, a large room with walls made of white and black marble.

Lenglon
You regain consciousness. Everything is dark.
Not that everything weren't dark before. It is always dark before or after a mission.
But now it's different. You have a body. You can feel it, even though you can't move it or feel anything on your skin.
Everything is cold and quiet and there's no smell here but your own. And yet there is a feeling of familiarity, as if you've been here before, as if you know this place, even though you can't see it.

Before you have a chance to consider why that might be there's a draft of air. You can't feel it on your skin but you can hear it as it passes by your ears. It lasts for a second before it is replaced by a voice.
"Hello. Are you conscious?"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:05:27 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: September 06, 2014, 07:47:27 pm »

"I'm conscious... yes... what happens now? Why do I feel different?"
Attempt to move each part of my body, or at least make sure it's there. Attempt to open and close my hands, to move my tails, my feet, and so on. Attempt to shake off the numbness and regain awareness of my surroundings... or my personal illusion of surroundings? it's so hard to tell what is really real and what isn't around here.
"What happened to my hosts? both Zoe and... her... are they both ok now?" Are my responsibilities fulfilled?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:49:49 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2333 on: September 06, 2014, 08:04:09 pm »

Your can't hear your words being spoken, but he answers all the same.
"Oh, don't worry, it's for your safety during the operation. Won't take much time at all."
Your body is there... or at least you think it's there. You can hear your heartbeat and your breathing.
"Anyway, this is technically not entirely legal, so we don't have much time before I have to put you under again. You can learn about what happened to them later."
But it's all involuntary. As if you are under the effects of some sort of anaesthetic or sedative. You can't consciously move your body. Or if you can, then you can't feel it happening.
"I want to offer you a trade. A favour for a favour."
You can't open your eyes. There's only a grey blur with a pinkish hue visible.
"I believe you care about her. Or if you don't, then you care about what you have gained through her. There is going to be a trial soon. I can use some of my influence to protect her, but if I am to expend those favours on her, then I would like to gain one in return."
Still, there is that feeling of familiarity. So there is probably something here.
Unless it is just another trick to confuse you.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:13:48 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: September 06, 2014, 09:07:01 pm »

I can't agree to this blindly, but this sounds like something I want to go along with
"What is your wish? What favor of mine do you desire?"
might as well make sure he remembers who I really am with the why I phrase my answer.

((to save time, here's Irene's response to his answer, be it specific or vague:))
"As long as you don't ask me to betray my responsibilities, my friends, or myself, then you shall have your one favor. Use it well."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:40:09 pm by Lenglon »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: September 06, 2014, 09:10:14 pm »

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:15:29 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: September 06, 2014, 09:13:07 pm »

Oh. Well, I'm actually quite equipped for this.

Summon a huge pile of fluffy pillows!
((read the turns following yours))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: September 06, 2014, 09:15:09 pm »

((Ah. I'll edit in a few hours.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: September 06, 2014, 11:24:43 pm »

Zechariah squinted his eyes and blinked twice.
"Do you take that as a good or bad thing?"
He looks up to the glowing crystals, now cracked in some places. He grimaces, uncertain of his future now.
"I failed. I failed, didn't I?"

Get off of the bed and look around me. Try to observe the crystals and find out why they are cracked.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2339 on: September 07, 2014, 07:07:04 am »

I can't agree to this blindly, but this sounds like something I want to go along with
"What is your wish? What favor of mine do you desire?"
might as well make sure he remembers who I really am with the why I phrase my answer.

((to save time, here's Irene's response to his answer, be it specific or vague:))
"As long as you don't ask me to betray my responsibilities, my friends, or myself, then you shall have your one favor. Use it well."
((Now I'm tempted to have you agree with something completely absurd, like cutting down the biggest tree in the forest with a herring.))
"A rather simple thing, really. In the future, I'm going to ask you to protect someone from something. I want you to protect that someone to the best of your ability. Deal?"
You speak your answer, but once again, you do not hear it.
"Excellent. As long as you keep your word, then you have nothing to fear from me. I'm nothing if not fair.
Oh, and try to not tell everyone about this? To not speak about this out of your Personal Section? Not really part of the deal, but it would complicate things.
So, unless there's something terribly important, I'm going to have to put you under again. They'll be here any second now."

You feel like your thoughts are getting slower (or maybe the world is getting faster?) There is another gust of wind and then nothing.

Zechariah squinted his eyes and blinked twice.
"Do you take that as a good or bad thing?"
He looks up to the glowing crystals, now cracked in some places. He grimaces, uncertain of his future now.

Get off of the bed and look around me. Try to observe the crystals and find out why they are cracked.
<It is...>
She lets the sentence drag on, as if she is considering it, but she never completes it.
<You... could had done better. But you did not fail. Not completely>
There seem to be tiny holes near the cracks on the crystals. There are also a few scorch marks on the floating island holding your portal, as well as on some of the walls of the cavern.

((Ah. I'll edit in a few hours.))
((Sorry, I forgot you don't read the other's turns. I'll make sure to indicate that your turn extends into other's more visibly in the future.))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:09:06 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 521