Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126726 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: The Core of the Problem
« Reply #2205 on: July 25, 2014, 12:35:40 am »

MAYBE YOU HAVEN'T REALIZED MY TRUE POWER! YOUR EDUCATION WILL BE SWITFT AND AGONZING! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Begin pre-battle shouting match.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 25, 2014, 11:05:40 am »

"Good fight."

Free my arm, grab my coat and walk away.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 26, 2014, 10:44:36 am »

Give a tiny little spring, and hop into the air. Quickly morph to a raven as well, and follow my entity through the turns.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: No One Could Survive That
« Reply #2208 on: July 27, 2014, 03:11:46 pm »

Irine
Continue the process from the PM

Zoe
Reassert yourself! Irine doesn't want to control you, don't let her do it by accident!
Your attack continues. It feels like the fire is guiding you rather than the other way around. The pillar rotates faster and faster, causing wind to pick up inside the room, the pillar acting like a pump, drawing air from all around it, heating it and then pushing it upwards and away. Anything flammable caught in the whirlwind creates more fire which is in turn trapped by your pyrokinetic field, the temperature in it high enough to reignite ashes.

"Huh. Interesting!"

Time to get in on this hot PM action!
You run towards the door as fast as your body and armour will allow you. Which is, unfortunately, not very fast. As wind begins to pick up inside the room, the air becomes hotter and hotter. The parts of your skin that are exposed feel like they're burning. You lungs feel like they're on fire. You won't reach the door in time like this. Not before you're burned to a crisp. So you simply make your best throw, aiming for the hallway, before you fall on the floor exhausted, looking for some cover both from the raging firestorm and from the destruction you are about to unleash.

Ngh, got to keep going.
Another PM
((I think that word does not mean what you think it means. But I understand what you mean, so I'll try to do what you mean by all means.))

You focus and make another push. The old metal door starts bending, whining as it scrapes against concrete in ways it was never supposed to move. When the gaps in the door seem large enough, you send another telekinetic wave forward, blasting the door the rest of the way open.

A man is standing on the other side of the door, his knees bent, his body leaning forward, like he was trying to resist a wave or a very strong wind, his arms extended forward and above his head. He's well dressed and old, his face full with greying facial hair. If you'd have to guess you'd say he's from northeastern Europe, probably Russian. He has been lightly injured in places, probably by the metal debris your blast sent out. There's an interface on one of his arms.

Beyond him, there's a medium sized room. Tables full of various computers and tools line its walls. On its centre is a round sphere of machinery with a faint glow coming from a gap leading inside it. There's a single skylight in the metal roof high above.

The man stands upright, his hands still above his head, showing you his palms in an "I surrender" stance, and smiles.
"You should look behind you." he says with an accent that sounds more American than Russian as the blood from his wounds begins branching out into very thin red lines, forming the outlines of hexagons that hover a few centimetres above his skin, while the machines around the room start beeping. You're about to say you aren't going to fall for that, when you hear something hit the concrete some distance behind you. Fearing a telekinetic attack, you turn your head and look.

You squint, trying to see what it is while the bright fiery glow and superheated wind coming from the other room try to blind you. On the other side of the hallway, on the floor, you can make out the outline of a small box. It emits a high pitched noise. It takes about a second for you to realise what it is and start lifting your hands. But by then, it's too late.

Um..um...PM! :-X
Uh, I got nothing from you. Maybe it didn't get sent?
If you have any questions, just ask, here or in PM.
...My PMs seem to be disappearing lately.
I'm being intercepted by owls! D:

I'll just post it here. :x

I see some influence on Zoe's side...maybe its my friend?

<River, what does that mean? *pertaining to the interface*>

<Irene! Time is nearing the end. If there's anyway we can forestall anyone from hurting Amelia or otherwise, now would be a good time for planning! This room--and the machinery anyway--must not be damaged! Is there anyway I can render aid?>

Awena, I'm trying to contact my friend on Zoe's side. She seems perturbed. Are you feeling alright?

Converse!
((Hou! Hou!))

<It means your ally has decided to take control of Zoe. From the looks of it, she seems very focused on something. She may need your help to ensure she remains safe. It doesn't look like she can do anything in this state and she'll probably be weakened afterwards.>

I'm OK. Is your friend doing this? Should I- Awena begins responding, but her thoughts are cut off by Boris.
"I said get back!"
She reluctantly agrees and starts trying to find a way to pull Zoe back. Zoe, for her part, continues to stand there, tense and unmoving, like a statue, which makes moving her a bit more difficult, especially for someone with as little physical strength as Awena. And Zoe is still holding that gun, a fact that makes Awena even more reluctant to approach her given her current state. Despite that, she manages to find enough strength and courage to grab her and start moving her away from the door.

It turns out this was the right thing to do, for a few seconds later, the door bursts open. You cannot see exactly what's going on there, given that the shell of machines surrounding Amelia is in the way, but you can see pieces of the metal door being pushed away.

"You should look behind you." you hear Boris saying, although his accent sounds different. Before Awena can contemplate what that could mean, the machines around the room start beeping. And then there's an explosion.

You are not sure how much time passes before your host wakes up. There's dust and debris everywhere around you, limiting your view distance, and yet it is eerily quiet and surprisingly bright. She doesn't feel injured, but her head hurts, like there's something pressing against it from all sides. She searches around for her friend, the fact that she's dizzy forcing her to crawl around. Eventually, she finds her. Zoe's alive but injured. A slab of reinforced concrete has fallen, trapping her left leg.

Awena lightly touches Zoe. "Zoe." Her voice sounds muffled. She tries again, louder. "Zoe!" There is no response.

Alarith
There is only pain, followed by darkness.

Harry Baldman
You open your eyes and raise your head from the floor. Well, that was definitely a good throw if you've ever seen one. The fire that was killing you moments ago is gone, although the air is still unbearably hot, at least for the moment. As for the site of the explosion, it looks like the wall there has collapsed, leaving a small mound of concrete fragments and twisted rebar mesh. The roof above it has started bending inwards but has not yet collapsed. Still, it looks like your job is not done yet. There's a very bright light coming from behind the cloud of dust the collapse has raised.

You cough a bit. You can taste blood in your mouth.

Lenglon
Something hits your body from top to bottom, momentarily breaking your concentration and jolting you back to reality, only to push you into unconsciousness a moment later. The last thing you feel is a sharp pain on your left leg. There is only darkness.

Get into the fire-escape door. Look for a phone and use it if there is one. If not, go inside a bit more and try some more doors until I find a phone.

Ah, my host's life depends on a simple, common object in most households. At least, in my previous world, it was.
I hope that's the same case here. Otherwise, I'm screwed.

Oh, hey, look, someone not using PMs. And not using superweapons. That's so last turn. Let's drop a meteor on you to make it even.[/joking]

Your host puts his fingers in the seam and starts pulling, trying to get the door open. With some effort, he succeeds. Beyond the doorway it is a dark hallway. There is a door on his right and another one at the end of the hallway. There's light coming from under the door at the end of the hallway. You can also hear muffled voices and thuds coming from behind it.

MAYBE YOU HAVEN'T REALIZED MY TRUE POWER! YOUR EDUCATION WILL BE SWITFT AND AGONZING! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Begin pre-battle shouting match.
You prepare for some EXTREME EXORCISM!

"Good fight."

Free my arm, grab my coat and walk away.
"Yeah, it was OK, I suppose."
You turn around and start walking away. As you do so, the signs of the battle start dissolving into violet fire before disappearing. Which means your arms are now free. At the same time your wounds begin to heal.
"Good thing she likes playing with her food, right?"

Give a tiny little spring, and hop into the air. Quickly morph to a raven as well, and follow my entity through the turns.
The change helps move faster, much faster than your entity, however as the flashes of light keep getting brighter and brighter, it gets harder for you to see. At one point, you fail to spot an upcoming turn in time and crash into the tunnel's wall. You manage to turn your body at the last second so that your head doesn't get crushed and you easily reform your broken bones and flesh, however doing so has cost you some time and distance. Meanwhile, your entity has stopped flashing and has instead started becoming darker and darker, a dark cloud forming around him, obscuring him from sight.

"They call me a beast, a being of shadows~"
The tunnel splits up ahead into three paths. The dark cloud divides into three parts, each part following another path.

==========================>======================o

OOC
We can't have a mission without blowing stuff up and everyone dying, it seems.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 27, 2014, 03:57:07 pm »

Irine
Wake Zoe up

Zoe
Wake up
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:40:35 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: July 27, 2014, 05:39:50 pm »

<Man, Ike Wayne's made of stern stuff, I'll give him that! Best body I've inhabited yet!>

Check time left if possible.

Then PM. For fun.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: July 27, 2014, 06:37:47 pm »

Quickly return to falcon form, and use my incredibly sharp, bird eyes to see through the smoky material blocking the tunnels. See which one is least obstructed, and go through it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: July 27, 2014, 07:37:40 pm »

-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Begin spinning like a top and perform a ballerina kick of intense force to the liver stickman!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: July 27, 2014, 10:09:32 pm »

"Hey, I went easy on her and still won. If I didn't give her that chance, then she wouldn't even stand a chance.
What was her power? I was expecting fire and ice because of the tattoos.
"
Talk to Violet, and see if I can find anyone else in the staging area.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:16:44 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: July 28, 2014, 01:46:27 am »

Hallowed fish. o-o

That...was unexpected. Awena, Zoe probably can't respond due to the stress on her body. If you will it, I may be able to help lift that thing off her. Such a slab it is.

River, any ideas of what happened? Where is Boris? Where is Amelia?

...Awena, if the worst comes down to worst and we need to carry these people out, may you grant me control enough that I could activate any adrenal response for this emergency?

My knowledge is open to you. I'll try sensing for the rest.

Give ideas to host; mutuality is a go.

Sense around for Irene and Boris'...other. And probably other life forms in the vicinity.
Where is Amelia?
Also converse with River.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:52:28 am by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: July 28, 2014, 10:14:39 am »

((I thought the whole point of the RTD subforum was explosions and death?))

"Hey Zero, this spear... do I get a copy for each mission?  Like if I get blown to a million pieces in one mission, do I lose it forever or no?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: July 28, 2014, 12:40:47 pm »

((While it may not have been what I meant, it turned out to be an apt description didn't it.))
Bryan
It turns out I was justified to not work with my team mate, at least he still might have a chance.  I hope it was a worthy sacrifice.  I don't think I can continue but I have to try.  ((I'm assuming that because of how the possession works for this I can still think.))

Faron
Wake up?  At least to see what's going on.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: July 28, 2014, 12:59:57 pm »

((While it may not have been what I meant, it turned out to be an apt description didn't it.))
Bryan
It turns out I was justified to not work with my team mate, at least he still might have a chance.  I hope it was a worthy sacrifice.  I don't think I can continue but I have to try.  ((I'm assuming that because of how the possession works for this I can still think.))

Faron
Wake up?  At least to see what's going on.
((Based on the first page, I think you died.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: July 28, 2014, 08:55:53 pm »

((It's possible, but assuming that you are talking about how my name is separate from everyone else on the first page, that was there before the turn was posted.  It might mean something, might not.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: July 31, 2014, 02:49:22 pm »

>Move into the building slowly and quietly. Observe where the voices are coming from - hopefully, not from my mind, because that would suggest something far worse. Use the Shadow if you need to in order to make your profile a bit less noticeable - even though you are wearing hospital clothing.

In spite of my recent luck, Zechariah thought to himself, I have a feeling that this is not going to end the way I want it to.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 521