Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125835 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Explosion, it does the body bad.
« Reply #1965 on: May 27, 2014, 04:48:13 pm »

(I find it heartening that no-one thinks the BETA is going to win. I find it terrifying that apparently half of the players here think something else is going to happen that doesn't involve any of the team winning nor the BETA winning.)
((Bah, everyone knows Angel's going to win.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: May 27, 2014, 07:56:41 pm »

<<I'm trying to get mobile as fast as I can.  Be my eyes- what do I need to bring?  I can summon up pretty much anything mechanical.>>
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: May 27, 2014, 08:05:04 pm »

<"Something that can cause a lot of damage to structural systems that we can activate from a distance like C4, RPGs, or anti-materiel sniper rifles. I think I see the heart of the BETA but I don't want to be anywhere near this bot when it breaks.">
Keep behind cover and quiet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: May 27, 2014, 08:58:01 pm »

<<Right.  I can always do another bomb like the last one.  Can you deliver them if I make them?>>
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: May 28, 2014, 08:12:59 am »

<" I can give it a shot, any idea where you are? I entered through the big hole you left by that bomb you detonated.">

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: May 28, 2014, 08:14:27 am »

<<I'm on top of a nearby building; crashlanded here after the bombing run.>>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: May 28, 2014, 08:15:43 am »

"Really? Shit, I thought you were nearer. This complicates things. Is the BETA still firing off?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: May 28, 2014, 08:22:50 am »

<<I can't see it right this second.  I think it shot the other two guys.>>

((PS I just realized I never answered the "is it too graphic" question.  The answer is that pretty much nothing you can write is going to offend me.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1973 on: May 28, 2014, 10:55:22 am »

<"Something that can cause a lot of damage to structural systems that we can activate from a distance like C4, RPGs, or anti-materiel sniper rifles. I think I see the heart of the BETA but I don't want to be anywhere near this bot when it breaks.">
Keep behind cover and quiet.
You move around the cube, quickly grabbing wires, trying to avoid the robotic arm searching around. While you jump between two wires, you misjudge the distance and end up slipping, barely holding on to it with one hand. You look down. It's not going to be a smooth landing if you fall.

Despite your tiredness, you manage to find the strength to catch the cable with your other hand and lift yourself up and onto the cable. You balance yourself there. You stay balanced like this for about half a second, trying to catch your breath. And then the robotic arm appears in front of you. It buzzes and swaps the tool on its tip for something like a fat cone with a tiny hole on its end before charging at you.

((About 40 seconds before you can use your ability again.))

Hell with this.

Go back and technosense the jetpack.  Use that as a template to summon another one.

((Does this actually get a bonus?  Seems like it'd be worth something, or maybe an upgrade later or something.))
You lay your jetpack on the ground. You touch it, close your eyes and focus, trying to hold its every component in your mind before summoning another one.

It goes a lot quicker and smoother then it normally would have, the blueprints of the original guiding your construction of the replica. You spend some time mentally repairing the broken joysticks so that the damage to them won't be replicated to the new one, slightly improving them to fit your hands better and be more responsive while doing so.

However, when the summoning and assembly is complete and you open your eyes again, you notice there's a tiny problem. A lot of the components you have used for the new one seem to be older than the original, some of them slightly scratched by use or worn by time. It's nothing life threatening, but it's going to be a lot weaker and less powerful than the previous one. Meaning that you'll be more hovering than flying with it and that it can't lift as much. Good thing your new metal leg is lightweight, eh?

"Great. Now, can I go back and see what is going on? Is the BETA almost dead?"
In short time. Waiting for death acceptance.
I can ask S0 to get you back to your section sooner. Want me to do that?

Keep watching.
The gremlin-man walks around the cube on the tip of his toes while the robot does the same, circling around it without meeting. Then the robot stops and scratches its chin while the gremlin-man keeps moving around the cube, looking behind him wearily. He doesn't see the robot and collides with it.

They both jump with surprise and fear and run around the cube in opposite directions, coming to meet each other on the other side. There they screech to a halt and stare at each other in surprise. They stand there looking at each other for a second.

Then the robot lets out an angry-sounding machine noise and charges the gremlin-man.

OOC
(I find it heartening that no-one thinks the BETA is going to win. I find it terrifying that apparently half of the players here think something else is going to happen that doesn't involve any of the team winning nor the BETA winning.)
Indeed. Wonder what they've guessed.

Also, hey, the BETA got a vote. Good to see someone believing she can still win. Well, not good for you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: May 28, 2014, 10:59:00 am »

((Bah, everyone knows Angel's going to win.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: May 28, 2014, 11:17:16 am »

It'll have to do.  More satchel charges ahoy!

<<Okay, I've got a functional-enough jetpack now; going to make more bombs.>>

Focus on that bomb I summoned earlier, and start making more.  Make as many as possible in one turn.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: May 28, 2014, 11:26:39 am »

Jordan yells into his Interface <"Javla helvete! John, get over here quickly or--Aggh!">
Swing weakly on the cable so the robot arm can't get me!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: May 28, 2014, 11:35:11 am »

<<Quickly?  I'm not sure where you are; there's no quickly.>>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: May 28, 2014, 11:36:52 am »

<"Agggh! Just head into the section where you bombed the BETA then go right, up--eeeaaa! Just ask your entity or the Interface or build a Find-Jordan-Svenson device or something so I don't get ripped apart by robots!">

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: May 28, 2014, 11:59:12 am »

((My guess is that nobody wins somehow! Maybe another BETA comes along and eats the weakened one to gain power and status, then messes up the rest of the planet because that sort of thing is right up its alley.))
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 521