Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125867 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Explosion, it does the body bad.
« Reply #1950 on: May 25, 2014, 02:50:23 pm »

<<Ugh... I think I just gave myself a replacement metal leg.  It still hurts, but it works.  What do you need to get the job done?>>

Give it a test.  Start working my way back toward BETA if the leg holds, but stay out of reach of any of its blasty bits.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1951 on: May 25, 2014, 04:13:43 pm »

<"Okay... I think I see the heart. I'm almost gone here, but I'm going to do the best I can."
Start running as fast as possible, then start ripping out of wires out of the cubes, the arms, anything. Just get as many out as possible before retreating to a safer place.
You jump, passing through a gap in the arms' sensors and manage to reach the cube while remaining undetected. You grasp one of the wires coming out of the cube and hide behind it. The cube is hot and you can hear the sound of machinery inside.

You find the thickest bundle of wires, a fat cable coming from one of the spheres, and fire off a shot with your silenced pistol. It doesn't completely sever it but you feel the cube shudder in response. You can hear robotic arms stopping and then approaching, rolling on their tracks towards your position.

Come on, just one more hit.

You kick the cable, ripping it free of its socket and causing a lot of noise in the process. The cube shudders once more and grows silent, save for some gas escaping from its insides with a monotone whistling.

You grab hold of another wire, slide onto it and hide under the cube, just as one of the robotic arms reaches this location. Your ability deactivates the next moment.

The two orbs are a bit higher than you. You can tell where they are because the light they're giving off seems to be passing through the cube. It's the same light that bathes everything inside the BETA, a light that is somehow capable of passing through walls and bending into tendril-like appendages. Although those ethereal things seem to have little effect on you other than being mildly disturbing.

You could try remaining hidden here. You could try running away. You could fight. Or you could do something else.

<<Ugh... I think I just gave myself a replacement metal leg.  It still hurts, but it works.  What do you need to get the job done?>>

Give it a test.  Start working my way back toward BETA if the leg holds, but stay out of reach of any of its blasty bits.
You push yourself up, trying to put most of your weight to your not-metal leg while doing so. You use the metal leg to balance yourself. Seems solid enough. Its pointy ends mean that it has traction even on the blood-slick surface under you. It probably won't have very good traction in a flat polished surface so you should probably avoid any ice lakes or dance floors you come across for the rest of the mission. Or maybe just find a shoe for it if you absolutely must dance.

You start walking with a small limp. The metal leg is a bit short but not so much that it will cause you trouble. Just got to get used to walking like that. And the pain.

The joysticks of your jetpack have been damaged by your less-then-perfect landing so you don't risk using it to descend. You reach the stairwell and start walking down, one hand holding the rail for support, your metal leg clinking on the floor.

This is going to take a while.

"What are you?"
I am a bond-previous. I am yours divine, one not-outsider.
For understanding's sake, use your translation suggestions please? This is asking for a misunderstanding to happen.
I refused that utterance. My lecture ability is terribly crackerjack. I am teaching me the idiolect of Rune-competitor from mission advent using the wordbook of the interconnected.
*sigh* He means he's a bond-former and your entity. He'll start speaking correctly again when he gets over this... whatever this is. Hopefully.

OOC
This post's favourite symbol is the hyphen-symbol. Noticed that after posting.

(Funny, I was just listening to this when you mentioned the "climbing up like an ubisoft character" part.)
I was talking more generally about the fact that almost every Ubisoft game I remember playing had some sort of climbing, usually over-the-top. Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, even Rayman.

The music does fit nicely.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:30:34 am by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: May 25, 2014, 04:15:34 pm »

"Okay then... What's your name, 'Bond-Former'?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: May 25, 2014, 04:34:08 pm »

"Am I dead now? Damn. Thought I could win it.

Dragon, little girl, are you here too?
"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1954 on: May 25, 2014, 04:48:39 pm »

"Okay then... What's your name, 'Bond-Former'?"
Yeeeah, why don't you tell him your name.
My title is Sparky-Red-Shift-Lightning-Feather.
She laughs.
My title sounds to have many lengths in the idiolect of Rune-competitor.

((You can hear NAV's character.))
"Am I dead now? Damn. Thought I could win it.

Dragon, little girl, are you here too?
"
Hey, how did you know? I'm not that young! I mean, is it that obvious?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:34:28 am by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: May 25, 2014, 04:59:17 pm »

"Hmm... That's a bit of a peculiar and hard to remember name... I'll just call you Nick. You okay with the name 'Nick'?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: May 25, 2014, 05:49:47 pm »

"I was talking about my dead teammate, Angel I think. Obviously you're here, oh wise ancient entity. You're in my head.

Don't think I ever asked your name. How rude of me.
"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: May 25, 2014, 07:10:54 pm »

Hell with this.

Go back and technosense the jetpack.  Use that as a template to summon another one.

((Does this actually get a bonus?  Seems like it'd be worth something, or maybe an upgrade later or something.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: May 26, 2014, 09:54:51 am »

((Host body only declared unrecoverable now?))

Try to figure out what show is on. If it's good, watch. If not, switch to another channel.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1959 on: May 27, 2014, 07:10:38 am »

((Does this actually get a bonus?  Seems like it'd be worth something, or maybe an upgrade later or something.))
((Indeed it does. It was designed with that in mind in fact, since it makes sense given the progression of your upgrade tree. I mean, your ability was described as visualizing objects and then assembling them from parts and this power allows you to do that visualization, similar to that computer you were using in your personal section of the staging area.

I try to put less-than-obvious uses and drawbacks to your (plural) abilities if possible so that there is cause for experimentation. And I like experimentation because it can lead to new things I hadn't thought of.

Speaking of upgrade trees, I really need to work on updating yours (plural). I've got ideas for abilities scribbled at the edges of notebooks or as notes in my phone but I haven't found the time to sit down and update them.))

"Hmm... That's a bit of a peculiar and hard to remember name... I'll just call you Nick. You okay with the name 'Nick'?"
The wordbook of the interconnected states Nick is a small cut. But my now-self is not feline not young. My understanding is unhelpful by this.
*sigh* Search for Nicholaus.
This title means Victory of the People! I like this title. You may entitle me as Nick while not-frightened, Rune-competitor.
"I was talking about my dead teammate, Angel I think. Obviously you're here, oh wise ancient entity. You're in my head.

Don't think I ever asked your name. How rude of me.
"
Oh. Good. Uhh... That's right. You better remember that. That I'm wise and ancient. Not the in your head part. Because I'm not in your head. Although I will be soon, depending on how things go. Not that I like that. I mean, sure, I bet it's perfectly fine for you, but knowing other people's thoughts can be a bit disturbing. I'll try to stay away from your thoughts and memories. Don't want to accidentally delete something. But I make no promises. Although really, the chances of that happening are really slim. Probably.
What were we talking about, again? Oh, right, name, mine. I'm... Hmmm... Actually you know nothing about me, so I could choose any name I like... What would I like to call myself...

Her name-title is Violet-Crest-Very-
Violet! she hurriedly cuts him off before he can continue. Just call me Violet. she continues, sounding a bit embarrassed.
((Host body only declared unrecoverable now?))

Try to figure out what show is on. If it's good, watch. If not, switch to another channel.
((Yeah, you're right, it should had said Player Body. And S0 gives you a minimum of three minutes (turns) before proclaiming you unrevivable regardless of state. He waited a bit longer for you because your body was more or less intact.))

Pressing the info button says this is Mission 2B, action camera, cartoonified. As for whether or not it is good, I'll leave that judgment up to your character, since I don't know how she thinks. Except if you mean if its art is of good quality, in which case it's about what you'd expect from the Roadrunner show.

The gremlin-man is hiding under a cube from a robot. A question mark forms over the robot as it searches around the cube. The gremlin man starts sweating and shaking.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: May 27, 2014, 08:42:29 am »

Keep watching.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: May 27, 2014, 03:32:52 pm »

"Great. Now, can I go back and see what is going on? Is the BETA almost dead?"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: May 27, 2014, 03:51:53 pm »

<"Hey, hey, John? Do you read?>

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: May 27, 2014, 04:02:32 pm »

<<Yeah.  Leg is... not killing me any more.  Gonna go for another jetpack- this one's done.>>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: May 27, 2014, 04:10:14 pm »

(I find it heartening that no-one thinks the BETA is going to win. I find it terrifying that apparently half of the players here think something else is going to happen that doesn't involve any of the team winning nor the BETA winning.)
<"I need some help, I'm utterly wrecked and I'm not sure if I can do much from here. I think I'm in... [gives as precise description of area as possible, including exits]... Think you can help me take out the BETA?">
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 521