Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124618 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Burn it down
« Reply #1755 on: March 18, 2014, 09:15:46 pm »

<...I hope that is a sign of improvement on your part. I sometimes wonder if you are some kind of a test for me and if so, what is the correct response...

So, it looks like we'll be stuck here for a while. Thanks to you. Any interesting stories to share or perhaps some clever -ha!- questions to ask?>

Ask again later.

Interface, Scion: <Hmm... well, what is the relationship between you entities? It seems like there is a lot of friction between some of you, kind of like the Guardians... except with much more power, like Eido...>

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1756 on: March 18, 2014, 09:36:08 pm »

I will refer you to DAF's post for the picture of a cat telling you what you should do.
Which post?

Come on, Angel! Don't go to the light! Come back to us!
((Turn! I meant turn.))

Ever read Homer's Iliad? There are places in it where a great hero is slain in battle, so the two opposing forces start fighting over who gets to keep the body.

Let's see how this pointless battle over your unconscious and soon to be dead body turns out...
Notice how injured angel is, and the fact the man is running away. Put two and two together.

Roar, "YOU HEARTLESS MURDERER!!!"

Get to the spaceplane before them, and smash it off the roof. Turn to glare at Angel's murderer.

"Today, you die, coward!!!"

Use all my remaining biomass to increase the weaponry on my head. Make sure to do it in view of the evil, murderous human.
You start running, extending a spike from your head, like a unicorn. But then you feel the weight-
And that's where your coherent thoughts end and everything becomes "OW OW OW, MY HEAD, MY NECK, MY SPINE, MY HEAD, MY EVERYTHING HURT."
Despite the pain, you manage to remain conscious.

Most of the pain subsides after a second, leaving you with the dizziness and pain in your head. In fact, you can't feel anything from the neck down. You can't move anything either.
If this was a movie, this would be a good time for you to say "I can't feel my legs." But you can see your legs. And your abdomen. You're fairly certain your head is not supposed to bend enough for you to see your abdomen.
You probably don't have long to live.

You watch, unable to move, as the man climbs onto the spaceplane, Angel on his shoulder, and then takes off.
<"I'll see if I can't fly over and disable the thing when I-- Holy skit! Talking rhino, must be some kind of drone, gonna kill me! Someone help me kill it first!" *gunfire*>
Disregard Angel's safety and draw pistol while holding Angel in one arm, firing at the rhino while trying to get to the spaceplane before it charges into it.
You pull out your handgun (a rather large yet sleek looking thing thing made of plastic and metal) aim at the rhino and... it turns out shooting won't be necessary.

A large horn starts growing from the rhino's head as it runs. And it gets larger. And larger. And then the rhino's head bends down, the spike embeds itself on the concrete, causing the rhino to stop, its neck to bending unnaturally, its legs lifting, the entire weight of the rhino being supported by its neck for a moment... And then the neck snaps. The bone-like spike on its forehead also breaks.

You continue running, enter the Spaceplane, tie Angel in the passenger seat and then take off.

Sink into my comfy chair, try to find some cool music on the radio, and go giant robot hunting.
Drive to where the building collapsed. Try to catch the robot from behind. Shoot it in the torso if I can get a clear shot.

<Nikolai's on his way bringing some heavy artillery.>
Well, I can't write whatever alien music you should be hearing, so have something fitting to the situation. We'll just say your power Tsarified the music coming from the radio.

You start driving towards the continuing sounds of destruction.
It's a good thing this chair is comfy, because this thing sure wobbles a lot.
We're in combat time, so it will take a while to get there.

Summon a pair of shades to put on

Speed.  Need more speed.  I don't want to leave that to chance again.

<<The coilgun's gone, but I'm alive.  We blew its face off, but that didn't stop it.  I think whatever controls it is in its chest.>>

Land safely wherever I can.  Take cover and see what it's doing.
You land among the debris (not that you had much of a choice, you were close to the ground anyway), a bit harder then you would had liked, but unhurt.
There's something wrong. You hear a lot more noise behind you then you expected. You take a quick glance behind you. Yep, it's going through the building, using its glowing (or at least, it looks glowing through your sensor helmet) dome-hand to smash what little remains of it to pieces.
It's close enough now that you can see part of its insides, you can hear the whine of its electrical motors and the creaking of metal joints.
You have a feeling its coming for you.

So you do the sensible thing. RUN AWAY!
You turn at the next intersection, hiding behind the corner of a building. You really wish you had something faster than your MK1 legs right now.

((So, this mission is really going to hell, isn't it?))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:46:02 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 18, 2014, 09:42:50 pm »

((Yeah, but at least Angel and I blew its head off.))

Okay, blew its main cannon off, it's fisting the building down.  So if I keep my distance, I'm safe... right?  Wonder how well it can track me.

<<It's chasing me- I don't think it has any ranged weapons left!  If anyone has a gun, now's the time to use it!>>

How about a dirt bike?  Summoning one of those shouldn't be too hard, and it should outrun that bastard.  Run if it doesn't go right.

ALTERNATIVELY- If the spaceplane can pick me up, ride that instead (I should be able to detect it and therefore guide it to me).  Sense the plane to determine its capabilities, including weapons loadout.  Advise pilots on functions.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:56:26 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: March 18, 2014, 09:44:40 pm »

Quickly jettison all my biomass into exploding into a swarm of earthworms, but only control one. Having no neck bones, it SHOULD fix me, and stop me from dying instantly. Follow the rest of the earthworm swarm if I survive.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: March 18, 2014, 09:48:41 pm »

(Hey, it's going to hell in a fun away. Also, coolrune, if you explode into a swarm of earthworms but only control one, does that mean you just created life or just made most of your biomass into dead worms?)
<"Nevermind. Problem solved itself. Where are you, John? I'll come pick you up.">
Pilot Angel to somewhere safer and away from the combat range, then put her down there.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:57:24 am by Fniff »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: March 18, 2014, 09:53:13 pm »

<<Had to hang-glide off the building, and landed in some wreckage.  Not really sure, but I'll try to guide you in.  Watch out for its domed fist.>>

((Addendum to turn above.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1761 on: March 18, 2014, 10:00:22 pm »

((Getting to Toaster in the next turn would require you to not leave Angel in a safe place and do some very good flying. Are you OK with that Fniff?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: March 18, 2014, 10:06:41 pm »

((Psh, where I am is safe.  Probably.  Just swap!

I can just go with Plan Dirtbike if you don't want to do that, though.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: March 18, 2014, 10:50:35 pm »

Keep going. Full speed!
Sing along.

((Hey Toaster, now would be a good time for plan B.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: March 18, 2014, 11:11:47 pm »

((That's one thing the dirt bike would be good for, since it's touch range.  Of course, I could just bail on top of it...))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: March 19, 2014, 08:55:51 am »

"I think I vaguely remember that guy."

>Fire at the guy trying to ram me. Aim for the driver, obviously.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: March 19, 2014, 08:57:46 am »

(I'll do it next turn. Sorry John, but you can survive on a dirt bike for a turn, right?)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: March 19, 2014, 08:58:15 am »

((It's all good.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: March 19, 2014, 05:06:38 pm »

Collapsed veins. Phlebitis.
D:

<You might want to let Awena know that I'm here and that the fires are mine. I think possessing her like that is going to desynchronize you. I spent some time earlier separating my flames from Zoe, I can keep this up all day, but I'm not talking to Zoe or messing with her head any. I don't think Zoe even knows I'm here.>[/i][/color]
I wonder how Zoe is going to handle the negotiations. I hope she stays focused like this, and doesn't let my flames mess her up any.
Relinquish control; hold on!
Withdrawing now, Awena! Don't worry about the fires either, Irene has it under control!

"Warehouse, then. Come with us."
Withdraw after speaking, leave Awena full control.

I really doubt that he would just blurt that out and for it to be a lie...despite my better judgement.
I'd advise for you to believe them-hence my order, yet I know you know better than I, here, Awena...
Listen to the spirits.
Listen to yourself.

...And sorry for that one punch I threw that hurt your hand. I must've hit his jaw too hard. Erm...sorry?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: March 19, 2014, 05:49:42 pm »

((So, this mission is really going to hell, isn't it?))
((One character was mortally wounded by a bullet to the knee thigh. Another killed himself in the squabble over her bleeding-out body. Basically no one is attacking the actual boss. You're really a master of understatement, aren't you?))

((Hey Toaster, now would be a good time for plan B.))
((We had a Plan A?))

Don't die.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 521