Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124550 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Burn it down
« Reply #1740 on: March 18, 2014, 04:56:48 pm »

Rhinos can run many times faster than a human, let alone a human carrying another human, even a young one. My rhino will beat you to the spaceplane, and, with it's current plating, the bullets will be ineffective. It will just make it even more sure that you are an enemy. The only thing you have over it is your small size. You can fit into elevators that I cannot, and take small corridors that I will have to go around. That is, if you survive the initial encounter.

Also, added on to my original action >:)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 04:59:02 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: March 18, 2014, 05:04:46 pm »

((You forgot that Rhinos can't jump - at all, have short stubby legs that can't climb, and have some of the worst eyesight in the world - the real weaknesses of Earth's natural Main Battle Tank. You don't fight that, you avoid it. Even unarmored rhinos are immune to small-caliber bullets, let alone this up-armored model. You best bet is to get a couple feet of elevation, three or four should be enough to stop it from being able to touch you.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 18, 2014, 05:08:14 pm »

Oh, Lenglon, if only some feet above me would stop me. If he tries to evade me, I shall simply use biomass to add on hydraulic-legs... or maybe even wings :D
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: March 18, 2014, 05:12:26 pm »

Sink into my comfy chair, try to find some cool music on the radio, and go giant robot hunting.
Drive to where the building collapsed. Try to catch the robot from behind. Shoot it in the torso if I can get a clear shot.

<Nikolai's on his way bringing some heavy artillery.>
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: March 18, 2014, 05:12:38 pm »

Oh, Lenglon, if only some feet above me would stop me. If he tries to evade me, I shall simply use biomass to add on hydraulic-legs... or maybe even wings :D
((Hey, I'm listing off rhino weaknesses, not shapeshifters. Shapeshifter traditional weakness is fire.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: March 18, 2014, 05:19:30 pm »

Fire, eh? Can fire penetrate bone-plating? >: )

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 18, 2014, 05:25:34 pm »

Fire, eh? Can fire penetrate bone-plating? >: )
((4th-degree and higher burns scorch your bones themselves, and are fatal a massive amount of the time. By having your bones on the outside, you're actually far more vulnerable to fire, not less. flesh is a good insulator, bone is not.))

EDIT:
((Just checked with a friend of mine on the fire vs bones thing, he confirmed that at BEST the bone armor doesn't help you any. Odds on it makes things worse. Bones burn, and they transmit heat better than flesh does, and they don't heal, and the interior of your bones (the bone marrow) houses a lot of critical systems for your bloodstream. 4th-degree burns require amputation of the affected area, and are sometimes fatal even with treatment. Fire is stronger vs your bone exoskeleton than it would be vs normal flesh.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:15:47 pm by Lenglon »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: March 18, 2014, 05:46:18 pm »

Jordan's just doing what he can. Anyway, I doubt charging around is going to do you much good on the top of a skyscraper. Also, I'm pretty sure murdering a person who was trying to save a six year old (And presumably murdering the six year old too since you're a rhino and subtlety is not their forte) is going to get you in the bad books for the team. Though Jordan dying as a martyr for a child would really enhance his reputation even though he did it solely so that people would think he was a good guy.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:47:51 pm by Fniff »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1748 on: March 18, 2014, 08:03:09 pm »

<How dare you! My driving instructor was a box of oatmeal, you bastard!>

Hard right! Ram that bitch!
You try to ram his car again but he manages to accelerate and turn right fast enough to get out of the way.

<You call that ramming?! Bugs going splat on my windshield can hit harder than you!> comes the voice from the car that is now in front of you.

The two police cars come at you, trying to force you to stop. You manage to evade one, leaving it behind you, but the other hits you from the left. You turn left while the police car turns right, each of you trying to force the other off the road and to the sidewalk. Despite the police car's superior technical characteristics compared to yours, you manage to handle your car better and push the other car onto the sidewalk, causing it to loose control and ram the corner of a house.
Well, that's going to leave a mark.
"This reminds me of that time on the school bus. Ah."

>Look at that guy who's being a flagrant traffic violator. See if the police are about to do anything, maybe? Point at the fucker if they don't seem to be getting it. Try not to get hit too badly.

If evasive driving fails, assume direct control and utilize superior abilities to avoid death and injury.
<How dare you! My driving instructor was a box of oatmeal, you bastard!> Ike hears a voice coming from his Interface. He gets the feeling the voice is coming from the offending car.

Your host manages to evade the attack coming at him by accelerating and maneuvering out of the way. He manages to get in front of the offending car.

<You call that ramming?! Bugs going splat on my windshield can hit harder than you!>

Your host watches from his rear view mirror as the offending car evades the efforts of one police car to force it off the road and causes another one to crash. Useless. Looks like you're going to have to take care of it yourself. Your host reaches for his machine pistols.

Relent! Relent! Relent!

Awena stepped back and checked the subdued man before
"Let her go! Don't hurt her! Speak!"

Let him speak, give Awena the option of full control.  Do not withdraw unless asked.
Also identify the man for any markings or such to indicate organization.

Oh goodness...my head...ugh, sorry Awena!
The men bear no identifying marks. If it weren't for their guns and behavior, they'd look like regular people you could find anywhere in this city. The only thing they have in common are their dark clothing.
They could be common criminals. Or they could be something worse. Mercenaries. Government agents. Or members of some other kind of organization.

Awena doesn't ask you to regain control. You aren't really sure if she even can at this state. Still, it might be better to relinquish control. Maintaining control is making you fell more and more tired. You don't think you can hold on much longer.
{Irine}
That seems to have worked. Not really my style but still quite efficient.
continue to grow the wall of fire, but don't have it advance anymore, instead forming a ring around the area that encompasses Zoe, Awena, Amelia, the vehicles, etc. blocking anyone from leaving and anyone from coming to interfere but without getting the flames dangerously close to anyone involved.
Through Interface, to Theri <You might want to let Awena know that I'm here and that the fires are mine. I think possessing her like that is going to desynchronize you. I spent some time earlier separating my flames from Zoe, I can keep this up all day, but I'm not talking to Zoe or messing with her head any. I don't think Zoe even knows I'm here.>
I wonder how Zoe is going to handle the negotiations. I hope she stays focused like this, and doesn't let my flames mess her up any.
A thin line of fire begins extending from your firewall. It isn't enough to block the area you wanted it to block, but it's enough to cover its south side. Zoe is worried about it but it isn't her primary concern right now.

Your Interface starts beeping every other second. Looks like even at this state, this is somehow causing her to reject you. Still, it isn't that worrying. You've done a good work separating your mind from hers. You could probably keep this up for an hour before you get desynchronized.

Zoe retrieves the unconscious guard's firearm. She points it at the men carrying Amelia and starts walking towards them.
The men look at her and the fire in fear.
"...doing it?"
"No, she's sedated. And she can't do things like that. I think it's them."
You catch a glimpse of their whispering before they stop talking. Zoe bends over Amelia and checks her vitals. Unconscious. Weak pulse. She looks pale, famished, bruised in places. She has an IV drip going in her arm.

"Let her go! Don't hurt her! Speak!" Theri orders the men.
"Hurt her? We don't want to hurt her."
Zoe inspects Amelia's arm, her newly found weapon still pointing at the two men. There are multiple needle marks on it and they look red in places. Collapsed veins. Phlebitis. Like the arms of IV drug addicts. The situation is the same with her other arm.
"Yes, we want to help her. That's what they told us. Keep her sedated and-"
"Help her?! You call this helping?" Zoe asks, waving the gun at the two men, anger clear in her voice.
"Why did you took her?"
"I don't know. We were told to keep her safe and not let her wake up because it would be dangerous. We have no idea-"
"You're lying! Why did you do this? She wouldn't hurt anyone!" Zoe closes her eyes. You can feel the tears running in her cheeks.
Who knows what else is wrong with her. How much they have hurt her. Can't know without more thorough examination. Has she been sedated since the time they took her? Should the needle be removed or will that cause more damage?
Zoe leans and whispers to Amelia's ear.
"Don't worry. I'm here now. Everything is going to be all right again."

"Who do you work for? Who are 'they'?" asks Theri while Zoe continues checking Amelia, her worry increasing by the second.
"We don't know. We're mercenaries. We were contracted for this job. We never met our employer." More lies.

One of the men groans and starts speaking.
"Look, we need to get out of here. We just got information that the government is sending people here. There's an abandoned warehouse at the-"
"Duuude! What are you doing?"
"-the edge of the residential district. There's people there that can help her. Scientists. Medical equipment. I promise that after we get there and do whatever we can to help her, we'll let her go."
Zoe paces, thinking, unsure of what to do. These men hurt her. But what if they're right. She needs medical attention, that much is clear. But they're the ones that hurt her like that in the first place. What other option is there?
"Look, I can see that you care about her, but things are much more complicated then you realize. If you don't let us help her, she will die. If the government takes her, she'll be locked up in a godforsaken lab and you'll never see her again. We have to go now."

Bryan
<No I am not certain that he isn't doing good in this world.  I also know that I couldn't give him an ordinary life. Yet, it is hard to believe that this is good for him.  I'm sure that the correct decision will be clear in hindsight.  Also, sorry about this mess, I'm sure I could have handled it better.>
If I see any grenades, use telekinesis to move them away from me, making it look like a bad throw or bounce.

Faron
Whatever Faron thinks is best.
<Unfortunately, that is true. Everything looks clear in hindsight. If only things could be different...
My only suggestion is that you use the full range of your powers. Why limit yourself, when you could do more to help?>

True enough, you see a hand throwing a grenade up the stairs... and you send it back down again. Your host doesn't wait to see the outcome. By the time you hear the explosion, he's already reached the other side of the building. He exits through a broken window there, hangs from the ledge and breaks through another window to the ground floor, all in one swift motion.

Three men turn to face him. He manages to take out two of them but the third one manages to shoot your host at the lower left abdomen before your host puts a bullet between his eyes.

Your host listens for a few moments. His ears aren't ringing from the noise of the battle. Another sign he isn't entirely human. He hears nothing. The church looks empty. The bodies of them men you killed are lying on the rotten pews, among the material they were packing or burning in small pyres.
He looks down at his wound. He's bleeding. But he isn't concerned. The bullet went right through.

He searches the church. There is indeed a boockase in the sanctuary. There's a portable computer behind it.
Your host connects his cell phone to it and waits as the screen flashes.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:13:47 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 18, 2014, 08:13:19 pm »

I will refer you to DAF's post for the picture of a cat telling you what you should do.
Which post?

Rhinos can run many times faster than a human, let alone a human carrying another human, even a young one. My rhino will beat you to the spaceplane
Rhinos are faster, but you aren't a rhino. You're bigger (which means more weight, which means the cube-square law is going to be giving you some warnings), and you have bone plating (which will encumber you and weigh you down more, but won't help take the strain off your limbs because plating doesn't work like that). They also take longer to reach top speed; inertia is a harsh mistress. There is every possibility you won't be able to do so.

and, with it's current plating, the bullets will be ineffective.
Haha, no.

It will just make it even more sure that you are an enemy.
Well, yes.

Oh God. Stop it. That...that just wouldn't work. Best-case-scenario, you'd end up with broken legs, or ones that don't do what you want. And don't get me started on the wings...

Come on, Angel! Don't go to the light! Come back to us!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: March 18, 2014, 08:36:23 pm »

When's our turn coming? :D

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: March 18, 2014, 08:42:47 pm »

Bryan
Heh, inexperience is why I limit myself.  In the heat of the moment it is hard for me to of more than one option.  It leads to mistakes.
I just wanted to get in and out quietly and quickly.  Now I might have a problem.
Sense for minds.  If I can tell that someone is getting close give them reasons to stay away, such as the jobs in that area are done.

Faron
While waiting for transfer of information, try to put a basic bandage over the injury, plenty of fabric around to do that.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:02:04 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: March 18, 2014, 08:48:03 pm »

<That implies you have a car, you hobo head voice!>

Does Alan have the capability to use his powers? If so, summon a sofa in front of the rest of the police cars, then ram the sissy government agent from behind.
If not, attempt to get in front of sissy government agent and abruptly stop. If that doesn't work just ram him.
Or do I have guns? Use the guns if I do.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1753 on: March 18, 2014, 09:02:09 pm »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: March 18, 2014, 09:04:39 pm »

{Irine}
curve all my fires up into a dome-shape, all pulled into a central point overhead of us. as they reach that central point, where there is no fuel for it to sustain itself upon, relinquish control of it, making it disappear. continue this until all the fire is gone except a single tiny sphere of flame, about four inches / 10cm in diameter. additionally, allow the fires that I'm not actively controlling to act normally - guns and engines and such are allowed to work again.
Zoe doesn't need my firepower anymore, now that she's armed.
Bring the tiny sphere down to Zoe's eye level, arm's length away, and let it bob gently beside her, and follow her around. If she enters a vehicle, I'll relinquish most of it, reducing it to a mere 1 inch / 2cm diameter, and have it carefully enter with her, avoiding touching her or anyone else at all times. If Zoe speaks questions aloud, then I'll use the mini-fire-orb to answer them as honestly as I am able. I'll have it go up and down 3x for yes, left and right 3x for no, circles for other.
If she seems frightened by it, have it back off from her, and if she still doesn't calm down about it, then just relinquish control of it and let it fade as well.
((Example question: "Are you the one controlling the fires?" answered by the orb going up and down three times.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:05:01 pm by Lenglon »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 521