Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125107 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Burn it down
« Reply #1695 on: March 14, 2014, 10:43:05 pm »

((I didn't realize I got half a shell from that go.  I'll take the result, though.))

<<Errr... oops?  Hey, I hit it, at least.  Everyone okay?>>  John adjust himself briefly to speak to his Entity.  <<Hey Zero, got any suggestions?  I'm thinking hit it again while it gets out a secondary weapon.>>

Summon another shell- this one amounting to a giant shotgun shell.  If he looks like he's about to open fire at me and I'm not ready to shoot, run.

((How many shells do I have?  I've lost count.))
((You overshot and started summoning a very big shell which would have taken too long to complete. Thus I had you stop the summoning and fire so that you wouldn't be vaporized. You've only got that half of a CIF3 shell right now.

Also, I like how your reaction to "I just accidentally shot the city with what amounts to a giant shotgun." is "Let's do the same thing intentionally!"))

<Maintain situational awareness. Remember. Utilize all the information available to you. Do not underestimate your enemy.> Well, those are a lot of important sounding words that don't really say anything specific.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: March 14, 2014, 10:52:40 pm »

Hmm. Government people supply ice cream. And polka music. Should I kill him, then? After all, he might regulate polka or something.

Is there any way I could kill him without being seen/recognized that my host sees?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: March 14, 2014, 10:59:07 pm »

Bryan
What in the world is this man capable of?  Unless there are many worlds like mine this should be impossible.  Or did they implant something in him?  A shame I can't find out, I need to focus.

Faron
Find the information get out quietly.  If my host is found and the people are not acting aggressively pretend to be a friend.  If they are aggressive, let Faron handle it.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: March 14, 2014, 11:02:11 pm »

Also, I like how your reaction to "I just accidentally shot the city with what amounts to a giant shotgun." is "Let's do the same thing intentionally!"))

((Hey, it worked, didn't it?  They did tell me that mission completion was paramount- their mistake.  At least I'm not going for a nuclear shell.))

<<Thanks, Zero.  I think I know what you mean.>>

[Action edited a bit]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: March 15, 2014, 04:28:24 am »

"Oh, what a big softie he is."

What happened to the double agent man? He did get shot through the chest several times, and it didn't seem like he got a lot of immediate medical aid.

>Make sure that double agent's locked up tight somewhere. Also, VIPs sound like very important business, exactly the sort of mobile asset that would be moved once word gets out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: March 15, 2014, 09:23:05 am »

{Irine}
Not interfereing - will write up the full set of if-thens and conversation when I have a little more time.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1701 on: March 15, 2014, 10:36:06 pm »

((Update only for BETA mission. Sorry. I somehow end up being more busy on weekends then on weekdays.))

Spoiler: GM ONLY! AGAIN!!! (click to show/hide)

((Occurs to me I didn't say anything, when that would be sensible.))

<<My gun's about ready, and I'm aiming for the head.  He's coming for me though, so if anyone can distract it, do it!>>
<I think I got its attention...>
<That was loud! And you almost killed me!>

Throw more big heavy stuff at the BETA's joints and head. Teleport away in case of friendly fire or enemy attack. Or environmental hazard. Or rift in the space-time continuum. Or evil clone. Or--well, any kind of danger one can teleport from really.
The Rhino leaves you and goes downstairs.

You throw a large piece of metal from the collapsing building at the BETA's head, hitting it from the side and completely destroying what little was left of it (the mouth, mostly). The headless giant robot continues moving forward.

A spaceplane flies overhead at high speed, releasing one of those hovering balls with the lenses above you. It looks at you with its giant lens.
I assume you want to bravely run away?

<<Errr... oops?  Hey, I hit it, at least.  Everyone okay?>>  John adjust himself briefly to speak to his Entity.  <<Hey Zero, got any suggestions?  I'm thinking hit it again while it gets out a secondary weapon.>>

Summon another shell- this one amounting to a giant shotgun shell.  Keep looking around as the summoning happens.  If he- or any of his buddies- look like it's about to open fire at me and I'm not ready to shoot, run.
You get a large number of metal spheres the size of a marble inside a can. Maybe you could summon a slingshot?

You look around with the aid of your sensor helmet. You think you can see something. A pattern of light similar to the one surrounding the BETA but much less complex and much more faint somewhere below you, near the facade of the building (or what would be the facade of the building if it wasn't under construction). Seems close.
Do you dare to look over the ledge?

Memorize every detail of that poster, I'm sure it's important.
Then continue building the death-machine.

Hey! I was just up there! I could've died! I thought we were supposed to limit collateral damage.
You look at the picture, making sure to memorize every detail, certain that it is some great secret or important piece of evidence or something. Yes. Yes, the solution is there... and that solution is... make a robot lady for the giant robot! Yes, that always works, you saw it on television. It was right after that documentary about hunting birds in the desert with cutting edge equipment.

"Hey! You! Wake up!" Your observation of the poster and your train of thought are interrupted by the your entity shouting at you. She sounds rather annoyed. "You're not here to gawk at pinups. Get to work!"

You get back on making your death machine. Well, you make it awesome. Or as awesome as a crossbow made of scrap tied on the roof of a hover-truck with copious amounts of office tape can look, at least. You make sure to give your crossbow an upwards angle, since you'll probably be aiming high. You also manage to glue your remaining scissor-arrows on the front of the truck with some effort.

You attempt to use your power on the truck but you just can't concentrate enough. Perhaps deep down inside you, you know that building a female giant robot is the only way to end this conflict. Or maybe you're just thinking about the blue-haired girl.

GWG and Toaster
The BETA takes a few more steps before crouching and then jumping. Its feet and back erupt with orange-blue fire as the rockets there struggle to keep its immense weight in the air. Smaller fires can be seen all over its body, wherever its maneuvering thrusters are positioned.
You can see most of it clearly now that it has risen out of the dust and  smoke, save for its back and legs. Its entire body is made out of angular metal that has turned black from the heat and smoke. Its torso seems to possess the thickest metal, followed closely by its left hand, which isn't really a hand at all. Rather, it's a dome like piece of thick metal attached to the end of its left arm. Its right hand looks more like a hand, but it has something that looks like barbed wire wrapped around its palm and fingers. Its head is gone, nothing more than a few metal beams rising upwards left to remind anyone of its presence.
The most interesting feature lies in its torso, where you can see a shape made of bright light moving. It's like the torso of the BETA is transparent and some kind of aquatic creature can be seen through its walls, moving inside it, its tendrils reaching out to touch various parts of its body or just moving aimlessly, as if they were affected by some unseen current of water.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:39:59 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: March 15, 2014, 10:42:50 pm »

((Will the can properly load in the coilgun?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1703 on: March 15, 2014, 10:48:04 pm »

((Will the can properly load in the coilgun?))
Yeah, I guess. The cradle could hold it. Although it would be kind of small for it. It's a can, after all, not a shell.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: March 15, 2014, 10:50:31 pm »

<<Something's approaching the coilgun building from below!  Anyone available to check it out?  I'm about to shoot out its knee!>>

Load that canshell and shoot out its knee.

((Oh man, what if my coilgun got Tsared?))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: March 15, 2014, 11:06:13 pm »

Try tsaring it again, and drive towards the BETA full speed.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: March 16, 2014, 05:19:56 am »

Consume many more cans, then grow to as large a size I can with this form.

I better not be in the science lab eating chemicals.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:51:37 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: March 16, 2014, 08:56:57 am »

((You just had to ask.))

"Aw."
Sure. Also, toss some rubble at the sphere thingy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1708 on: March 16, 2014, 03:27:54 pm »

((I don't know if that was a roll or not, but thank you/random.org. Now you won't have to go through additional pages of Zechariah's self-hate and more Artemis Dimikaelo shenanigans.))

If Zechariah could have cried, he probably would have.
No, scratch that, he probably is crying right now in his host's unconscious. Forget physical limitations.

He's alive. By Eido Aeterno, he's alive. One in a million chance and his heart's still beating, even if only a little.
Now stay alive, dammit.

">Rest and let your body do its repair thing. Don't fight it, just rest."
<Help me understand, human. Because I'm trying to remain calm. Are you pleased with the choices you made?>

Hmm. Government people supply ice cream. And polka music. Should I kill him, then? After all, he might regulate polka or something.

Is there any way I could kill him without being seen/recognized that my host sees?
The man enters his car and starts driving away, followed by a couple of police cars. Unless you're willing and able to somehow eliminate all witnesses, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this cleanly.
Then again, you did do a good job with witness elimination at that bar...

"Oh, what a big softie he is."

What happened to the double agent man? He did get shot through the chest several times, and it didn't seem like he got a lot of immediate medical aid.

>Make sure that double agent's locked up tight somewhere. Also, VIPs sound like very important business, exactly the sort of mobile asset that would be moved once word gets out.
<Depends on what you mean by "softie". If the guy survives, he's gonna have to go through whatever medical treatment is required for hole in the chest, interrogation, which will probably happen at the same time as the treatment, experimentation, which will probably involve lots of people prodding him with sharp electrified sticks and if he survives all that, execution for treason. I'd say trying to kill him was very merciful of you.>
Guy looked dead when the ambulance picked him up. Still, your host asked a couple of police officers to go along for the ride. And he's heading straight for Central, the medical facilities should be adequate to either treat him or perform an autopsy on him. So he'll be guarded at all times while going to a building full of guards. What could possibly go wrong?

Your host starts his engine and calls for all police units that can be spared to accompany him. He starts driving Northeast, towards the Northern suburbs.

Please stand by while you are synchronized with Irene's timeline. Would you like to hear a joke from your entity while you wait?
<So, ever heard the one about the magician and the parrot?>

{Irine}
Not interfereing - will write up the full set of if-thens and conversation when I have a little more time.
This is it. Zoe reaches down for the gear stick, so that she can downshift and-
"Wait!" Awena catches your host by the arm. Zoe turns to look at her. "These men abducted her. What if it's dangerous? What if you they hurt you? You can't help anyone if you are dead."
"I've got to do something! Who knows what those bastards are going to do to her?"
Awena continues to hold Zoe. She closes her eyes for a second and then opens them again. "Go left, through there, towards the driver. I'll go right. When I distract them, take care of the driver. I'll... I'll think of something." She doesn't sound so certain of herself.

Zoe stops the car near the Van, gets out and hides behind the Van, all in one quick motion. It looks like the men weren't expecting this. It doesn't look like they were expecting anyone to be around here. The driver, currently standing near the back door of the van, reaches for a gun and shouts at you to stop right there, but your host has already taken cover behind the van. She can see Awena circling around towards them from the right, unnoticed. You ((Irene)) get the feeling Awena had an idea of what would happen, even if she didn't show it.
Your host believes she can take care of the driver. She just needs Awena to do her part now. She hopes they won't hurt Amelia.

Bryan
What in the world is this man capable of?  Unless there are many worlds like mine this should be impossible.  Or did they implant something in him?  A shame I can't find out, I need to focus.

Faron
Find the information get out quietly.  If my host is found and the people are not acting aggressively pretend to be a friend.  If they are aggressive, let Faron handle it.
While searching around the second floor of the church, your host stumbles upon a man emptying a closet of dark plastic bags. He seems to be much more startled to see you then your host is to see him. He runs towards the surprised man before he can utter more then a "What? HE-!" your host has already reached him and put one hand over his mouth, cutting his cry for help short, while putting him in a hold with the other. The man struggles but he's too weak compared to you. His struggling ceases when your knife reaches his throat.
"I will only ask this once and I want you to consider that there are others here who could answer this question. There is something hidden behind a bookcase here. Where is it?"
Your host removes his hand from the man's mouth to allow him to speak. He immediately screams. Your host ends his scream by slicing his throat.

You can hear people talking downstairs, moving towards the stairs leading up to your floor. One of them calls out. "Hey, Johnson? Everything OK up there?"

Peregrine
As you approach the house, your host sees the gear stick of the car deforming, becoming full of thorns, like the stem of a rose. When Zoe tries to reach for it, your host instinctively grabs her hand to stop her, to protect her.
"Wait! These men abducted her. What if it's dangerous? What if you they hurt you? You can't help anyone if you are dead." Awena asks, worry clear both in her voice and in her thoughts.
"I've got to do something! Who knows what those bastards are going to do to her?" She's so determined. Awena couldn't change her mind. She'd probably only make it worse. But she's got to do something. Oh, spirits help me. she thinks and closes her eyes in despair. And the spirits respond.

You can see the outline of Zoe drawn in red through your closed eyelids and a line extending from her. Your host opens her eyes to see the line leading to the Van and the driver standing a few steps behind it. A direct route, aggressive. One that favors speed and strength.
Another line, this one blue, leaves your own body, leading around the men in a more concealed path, and to the man standing guard near the door of the house. An indirect, circuitous route. One that will give you the element of surprise.
"Go left, through there, towards the driver. I'll go right. When I distract them, take care of the driver. I'll... I'll think of something." your host says as she indicates the routes to Zoe. Zoe seems to accept them with a nod.

Awena doesn't feel so certain about this. But she has to do something. She gets out of the car after Zoe does. She follows the blue line, not turning to look when she hears the men shouting at Zoe to stop. Awena is now behind the man, running towards him. He's getting his gun out, pointing it towards the van Zoe is hiding behind. She's not sure what she's going to do once she gets there.

You can also see the men carrying Amelia in the stretcher. They have stopped moving on their way to the Van, surprised, unsure of what to do. None of the 4 men has noticed you.

I await the PM well, then I'll talk to Lenglon in-thread :DD
Great. Have fun! :)
I just want to say I enjoyed this PM thing. Gave me the chance and the inspiration to write something a bit different for you then what I normally would have written.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:55:27 pm by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: March 16, 2014, 03:43:49 pm »

<Help me understand, human. Because I'm trying to remain calm. Are you pleased with the choices you made?>
Zechariah couldn't tell whether he was crying or laughing, or maybe both. Emotional overload can do that to a person.

Interface, Scion: <No, I'm not. I'll never live down the fact that my inaction has almost killed someone. I could have used the Shadow to get away quicker, but I didn't.
But he's alive. And, Eido dammit, I am going to save Target Amethyst.>

Wait for my host to wake up on his own.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 521