Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125444 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: I need guns. Lots of guns.
« Reply #1515 on: February 15, 2014, 02:39:09 pm »

"Holy crap, he got everything! Sweet. There's gonna be a party tonight, let me tell you!"

>Now that that's done, it's time for the next step, which is to grab all these implements of carnage and to contemplate what the actual next step might be. Find out who it is you're supposed to find, where to look, that sort of thing, maybe?

Ike himself will try to figure out who exactly the host is supposed to be revenging against. It's difficult to pretend he cares without even the slightest information on the matter. The rebels, right?

You wait for the armoury master to return with the equipment you requested. He returns pushing a cart with two black holdalls, filled with the equipment you requested, supporting equipment like holsters and some spare ammo. He unlocks the metal door and allows you to retrieve the bags. They are heavy, but your host doesn't mind.

You enter the elevator and push the button for the garage. The fact that the elevator is empty gives your host a chance to wear the torso part of the body armour and the holsters that hold your two Glock 18s along with a spare magazine for each.

The subject of who you are supposed to be taking revenge against is a bit more vague.
Your host certainly had some problems with the old regime. He holds it responsible for killing his parents. But the new regime, the one you are working for, is mostly a puppet controlled by the Soviets. Sure, they allow some independence on internal issues but almost all foreign policy and some internal is dictated by Moscow.
There are certainly some people who have ties with the old regime in the Cause. And that is a small part of the reason your host hates them so. But the truth is, he is full of anger and he has to transfer that anger somewhere. He needs to have someone to hate.
And the Soviets were the ones who took care of him after his parents died. He did go through their training, learned to love the Union. So he feels obliged to work for them. He feels grateful towards the Union. And he will work against any who threaten it.

And that was our dive into extremely simplistic psychology and politics for the day.

Might as well follow what the paper says... I don't want to interfere with this guy's path too much. Not yet, anyways...

>Drive downtown to the place where Raul is mentioned to be and look for him.

Meanwhile, find out what group my host is in and why he is in it.
You get in your car, start the engine and start driving out of the garage.

Your host doesn't seem to be responding to your nudges to reveal his past. Maybe he's simply too terrified to even think about it. He almost jumps when the electronic barrier opener asks him to face the camera and swipe his keycard. Or maybe you're just doing a bad job searching his memories.
"His fear is... disgusting. So weak. It's making me sick. Can't you do anything about that?" complains your entity.
After the barrier opens, your sigh with relief and start driving away from the Agency building, through the Old City and towards the City Centre. You retrieve your handgun from the glove compartment and hide it under your coat. Hopefully you won't have to use it.

You will reach your destination next turn.

I do not envy you Target Amethyst.  Nor do I envy you Edward Kerr.  A shame that I have my orders.
Have my host drive near to the target's house.  Park far enough to make sure that the occupants of the house do not notice my host's vehicle.
You get out of your building, enter your car and start driving towards the house.

You drive through the Industrial District, towards the suburbs, the husks of old factories and warehouses passing by you.

Another car beeps at you from behind for some reason but then it turns at the next intersection.

((Yeah, that was Alan trying to take control of the guy so he can go to the ice cream store. He got another idea, though.))

Drive over to that bar.
You tuck the papers under your coat and start driving towards the Bar.

Some arsehole cuts you off as you enter the Industrial District. You slam your horn and tell him what you think of his mother.

{Irine}
<Stellar? Welcome back! I'd hug you but you aren't physically here and I'm a little busy right now. Um, d-does this mean that you're ok with me?>
keep searching through my host's memories, trying to learn what I can about her. still try to remain unnoticed and non-influential.

{Irine's host}
He sounded nervous, maybe he's in trouble?
Hurry, get there soon.
"Don't think like that! I was always OK with you. I- Why would I not be? You did nothing wrong. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, I was just- just being a self-centered idiot... I promise it will never happen again. I want to help you. Friends help each other and we are friends... aren't we?"

You are currently unable to gain more from your host except the fact that she disappeared some years ago and that your host cares deeply for her. Or is obsessed with her, depending on your perspective. You also get a name. Amelia Whyte.
Perhaps you need to focus more.

As you are walking, you hear a car approaching from behind. It stops next to you and lowers its driver's window.
"Hey, idiot!" comes the familiar voice from inside the car.
Oh, great, what does she want now?
"Get in."
Huh?
"Huh?"
"You're going to freeze your stupid ass off. Get in!"
You silently get in, get your coat from the backseat and wear it. She starts driving towards Ed's house.
Second time this happens tonight.
You remain silent, looking out the window, away from her. You are still a bit mad at her for what she said earlier. But you have a feeling you need to get there as fast as possible and the car will get you there quickly. You couldn't refuse. You have a bad feeling about this. Maybe he's in trouble?

Try to spot BETA from the tower. Also try to use the instruments in the tower to find out where it is.
Not yet. We're waiting for coolrune to choose a spawn point and for Toaster to finish whatever it is he's doing this weekend that keeps him away from the internet.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: February 15, 2014, 02:49:24 pm »

>Get to garage, get vehicle, load impressive weaponry into vehicle. Drive where needed - do you know where your target is?

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: February 15, 2014, 07:10:51 pm »

Again, park far enough away that the occupants of the house won't see the car.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 15, 2014, 07:21:02 pm »

TURNS OUT I HAVE WIFI

(Good because I'll be here longer than expected.  Don't wait up for me)

"Okay... so try till something works- fine.   What about its attacks?  Is it DESTROY ALL HUMANS or will it ignore us until we start shooting at it?   How much damage will we likely have to do before we become a priority?

(And 6 is perfect, thanks.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 15, 2014, 07:45:48 pm »

{Irine}
<Of course we are!>
Hmmm, I need to watch my host's mood. Help her avoid panic while staying worried and alert. mild paranoia is acceptable.
If my host seems to be about to go into a panic spiral, gently nudge her towards focusing on Ed and Amelia, and how best to help them. otherwise don't influence her.
What does my host know about the woman from back at the house, the one driving the car? And what's my host's name anyway?

{Irine's Host}
I'll need to watch for little details while I'm there, but all I can do right now is get there as fast as possible.
Continue to ride in car, hopefully arrive very soon and talk with Ed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: February 15, 2014, 08:03:03 pm »

Interface, Scion: <I can't interfere too much yet with his conscious mind, I don't want to scare him... but I'll try calming him down a bit.
...Also, he's not weak. Fear is natural in most humans.>

With a smooth and quiet tone, Zechariah tries speaking to his host in the form of a conscience in the back of his host's head.
>"Stay calm, there's nothing to worry about. You'll be fine."
>Keep driving to the destination.

Try again to find something about his group and why he's in the group. If it starts to interfere with his mind, stop immediately.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1521 on: February 16, 2014, 07:53:41 pm »

((I'll start the other mission because it feels like we've been waiting forever. I'll choose a spawnpoint for coolrune at random.))

>Get to garage, get vehicle, load impressive weaponry into vehicle. Drive where needed - do you know where your target is?
You get out of the elevator and make your way to your car. You put the weaponry in the trunk and then get in and start driving. The armour is a bit bothersome but you can manage.
As you drive you use one hand to pull the piece of paper out of your pocket and see what it says. An address and a name. "Raul". Hm. Strange. That's not very much. They usually put at least some more info on how to meet, passwords, etc. Better hope that guy is worth the trouble.

You drive out of the Agency building and start driving towards the City Centre. Arrival time will depend on other players since I don't want to create paradoxes.

Again, park far enough away that the occupants of the house won't see the car.
You exit the Industrial District and enter the Southern Suburbs. As you approach the Radiation zone, you witness more and more burnt and abandoned buildings. Almost no lights on. A ghost town.

The road is empty. Not many people living in this place and not many of them would be out at this day and hour. You close your headlights and ease the gas as you drive by the house to check it out.

Small two story house made of stone. Simple wooden door, partially boarded up glass window. Probably has a back entrance too. Lights are on in the ground floor but for the few seconds you were watching you saw no movement through the boards.

You turn at the next intersection and park near the corner, from where you can watch the front entrance.
Your host has a choice now. He's thinking about how he should approach the situation. Go in and see what he can find out or stay outside and see what he can learn from watching? He's leaning towards the first.

{Irine}
<Of course we are!>
Hmmm, I need to watch my host's mood. Help her avoid panic while staying worried and alert. mild paranoia is acceptable.
If my host seems to be about to go into a panic spiral, gently nudge her towards focusing on Ed and Amelia, and how best to help them. otherwise don't influence her.
What does my host know about the woman from back at the house, the one driving the car? And what's my host's name anyway?

{Irine's Host}
I'll need to watch for little details while I'm there, but all I can do right now is get there as fast as possible.
Continue to ride in car, hopefully arrive very soon and talk with Ed.
Your host seems to be trying not to think about anything right now to prevent herself from worrying too much. It's not working very well but it's working, so you decide not to influence her.

Your name is Zoe Hunter.
The driver's name is Morgan Blake. Your host is mad at her. She's known her for a long time. Things were always tense between you but you somehow managed to stick together besides that. Mostly because circumstances brought you together. Got into some kind of argument about something before your host left for the military. You still harbor some repressed resentment towards her over that and some other things. That's all you're getting right now.

Arrival time will depend on other players since I don't want to create paradoxes.

Interface, Scion: <I can't interfere too much yet with his conscious mind, I don't want to scare him... but I'll try calming him down a bit.
...Also, he's not weak. Fear is natural in most humans.>

With a smooth and quiet tone, Zechariah tries speaking to his host in the form of a conscience in the back of his host's head.
>"Stay calm, there's nothing to worry about. You'll be fine."
>Keep driving to the destination.

Try again to find something about his group and why he's in the group. If it starts to interfere with his mind, stop immediately.
"He is weak because he is fearful. And he is fearful because he is weak. Only the weak are fearful, the prey. The strong turn their fear into the will to fight and become stronger."

You try gently "speaking" to your host.
"Stay calm, there's nothing to worry about. You'll be fine."
Your host jumps and makes a surprised noise. The car swerves to the right before he regains control. He looks around left and right, trying to spot the source of the voice.
Your Interface beeps red a few times and then stops. Perhaps you should try lowering your mental mic's volume next time.
"See?"

Your host arrives to the address written on the piece of paper and parks across the street. A restaurant with some sort of Japanese theme. It's painted red and white, red Chōchin hang around to provide lighting and it's got a Torii in front of its entrance.
Must be an expensive place too. Got one of those big fat bald bouncers that look like they could lift a man with one arm, dressed in a very expensive suit.
After some hesitation your host persuades himself to get out of the car and start walking towards the door.

Xantalos
You continue through the Industrial District, towards the edge of the Radiation Zone.

The "Nuklear Alice's Pub" is a glorified wooden shack built upon the rubble of some destroyed factory. It sits right at the edge of the Radiation Zone, the fence and cameras that once kept people away long ago picked apart by looters, with only a few concrete barriers left to remind people of its existence. The Soviets threw something nasty there. "Salted Bomb" some people called it. Some places are still hot enough to kill a man in a an hour or two.
The looters have been getting braver lately. Some claim they went to the place the bomb hit. Some old military base. Found some strange glowing mushrooms growing there. All shit told by drunkards probably.

You park outside. You can already hear the distorted music coming from inside the bar. Large crowd gathered here tonight. Probably got one of those "concert night" things again. All sort of bloody morons gathered to get pissed and hear other bloody morons play crappy music while yelling their moronic lyrics. They better not touch your car or else you're going to do some free of charge kills tonight. A charity to the city, now that you think about it. No one will miss those scum.

Meanwhile...

TURNS OUT I HAVE WIFI

(Good because I'll be here longer than expected.  Don't wait up for me)

"Okay... so try till something works- fine.   What about its attacks?  Is it DESTROY ALL HUMANS or will it ignore us until we start shooting at it?   How much damage will we likely have to do before we become a priority?

(And 6 is perfect, thanks.)
"It won't be directly hostile to you, at least not at first. But even if you ignore it and stay out of its way, it is very likely it will take an interest in you. It will be curious about you. And satisfying said curiosity is very likely to have serious bodily harm as a byproduct. Plus, it's really not that stupid. It will probably figure out you're there to defend the colony and make you priority targets very soon. Which is for the better if you have a positive outlook, because it means it will focus less on harming the colony and completing its objectives."

"If that is everything...."

Your surroundings suddenly change.

"Happy hunting."

Spawn Point 1: scapheap | The Entertainment District
You are sitting on a chair, in a one story high building with a good view the central Plazza, some sort of restaurant or bar. On your left are more chairs and tables and some stairs leading down. On your right you can see a park with strange fern-like plants and a very large fountain. Behind you there are more tables and some freezers containing bottles of colored liquid and something that looks like food.

There are also some screens spread around the establishment, all of them flashing with bright red sentences written in an unknown language.

The Central Plazza itself is a large circle made of plastic and metal surrounded by a road that is currently sparsely populated by abandoned futuristic cars. There is some sort of statue or monument in its center.

((Note: You have no host this mission. So have fun roleplaying not knowing stuff if you want.))

Spawn Point 2: NAV, GreatWyrmGold | The Control Tower
You are on the top floor of the Control Tower, overlooking the Central Plaza. You're very high up. There are various futuristic computers around here and a floor plan of the city is drawn with light on a window. There's also an elevator going down and some stairs leading to the roof.

Spawn Point 4: Coolrune206, Fniff | The Spaceport
You are standing on top of the spaceport, a large flat area standing a few floors above the ground floor. There are helipads around here and runways and what looks like a large cradle for holding larger spaceships. Most of the helipads and runways are empty. There's a control tower a good distance away from you and an elevator going down a couple of meters away from you.

Spawn Point 6: Toaster | The Construction Site
You are on the top floor of an under construction building, a flat plastic floor supported by metal beams. There is a small elevator in the scaffolding. You can see more buildings like this one around, most of them smaller.

In front of you, you can see the "Undeveloped Land", a piece of earth the expanding city is in the process of claiming. The dirt has been dug into, making it stand lower than the surrounding streets and metal beams supporting floodlights have been embedded in it in places. The floodlights illuminate the various raw materials, machines, vehicles and construction equipment that have been abandoned in it.

A forest starts beyond the Undeveloped Land, filled with what look like tropical trees.

Spoiler: Map with Legend (click to show/hide)

((I have a feeling this mission will go poorly.))
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 07:56:53 pm by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: February 16, 2014, 08:17:27 pm »

Zechariah contemplates that answer for a few moments.
Interface, Scion: <True enough. But there must be balance between the fear and the will. If you have too much willpower, you get someone like me who is extremely unstable.>

After that horrible attempt to speak to his host, Zechariah rubs his forehead with one of his hands ((If he is physically present)).
<That... that was my fault, not his...>

Zechariah: Third and final attempt: unless the host notices, search once again for what group my host is in and why he's in it. Also, fix the Interface so it isn't so loud. More like a whisper, preferably, but conversational tone is fine.
Host: >Go to the door and tell the bouncer you're with a guest named Raul.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:24:41 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: February 16, 2014, 08:26:47 pm »

"Ooh..."

Focus on obtaining powers, including a general telekinetic one.

Examine and play with the controls. Try to figure out what they do. Also try not to break anything important. Or anything, ideally.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 16, 2014, 08:37:00 pm »

Hmm, a man of action.  That can be both good and bad.
Let my host go on into the house, I have no reason to do otherwise.  Try to find more out about my host, without being a noticeable influence.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: February 16, 2014, 11:18:14 pm »

John wasted no time.  Preparation was his thing- he needed to prepare.  No known weaknesses, pseudo-organic, likely some EMP shielding... what about a direct electricity hit?  Probably wouldn't work, since big things attracted lighting.  It'd have to hit somewhere exposed.  Explosives?  Think hitting a tank- a grenade wouldn't phase it- you needed to pierce the armor.  Armor piercing rounds, then.  A big damn gun.

Begin summoning a AP-round firing howitzer.  It'd need to fire big shells- at least 200mm.  If it's too big, abort (It doesn't need to be mobile, just aimable.  Less artillery, more turret.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 17, 2014, 12:06:10 am »

Walk in. Remain unobtrusive.

Alan: Attempt to make host order a glass of milk.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 17, 2014, 02:06:50 am »

>Keep driving. If there's music on the radio, turn it off.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 17, 2014, 08:53:27 am »

{Irine}
Check if Zoe has any... unique... abilities. (please PM me the result  of this)
Do not influence her at this time.

{Zoe Hunter}
still trying to get there and talk to Ed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 17, 2014, 11:49:03 am »

Try to spot BETA from the tower. Also try to use the instruments in the tower to find out where it is.

You. Little girl. What can you do?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 521