Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125468 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 2
« Reply #1455 on: February 10, 2014, 04:29:20 pm »

Shrink down the tube man, escape from it, and listen to what Charlie has to say.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 10, 2014, 04:45:28 pm »

Wiggle out of the mechsuit and look at the dude.

"Sup?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: February 10, 2014, 04:56:22 pm »

Walk towards this "Staging Area".

"How do I know exactly where this place is like I've walked the path a million times?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 10, 2014, 04:57:32 pm »

GET RID OF THESE BEARS AND I'LL GO!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: February 10, 2014, 05:00:44 pm »

Frolic along with the bears for a moment, then converge on the staging area.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: February 10, 2014, 05:14:36 pm »

"I just got here, so I barely know anything that's going on.  All of this stuff happened when I went out to investigate that barking sound, which was you I guess.  As to what we are doing here, there are some very powerful people who are having a fight, and they seem to be using us as their weapons."
When Bryan sees the flower he smiles, "That's beautiful.  I wish I was a bit more creative.  I've never done well creating unique things.  Maybe I'll have to try again sometime."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 10, 2014, 09:34:16 pm »

"You misunderstand. What is, is. I know this as well as you. But I have a responsibility to the girl who was my host. I stole her free will Zech. I took away her ability to choose. What happens, happens. I can handle the blood on my hands from the people I killed, but I owe that girl. She was supposed to escape. I was supposed to have saved her. To let her be free again and make her own choices, to decide her own fate. She never got that choice Zech. That... That's unacceptable. That's completely unacceptable. Better death than slavery of the mind, and I enslaved her. I had a good reason, and I did my best to do what she would have wanted, but I never asked her permission Zech. I just stole it.
and I never gave it back."

I do wonder if she is a Medium, Zechariah thought to himself. She has the qualities of one...
Zechariah crouches down and gently puts one hand on Irine. "Hey, look at me. I wanted to help the girl who was being controlled by that parasite also. I tried what I could to coax her into fighting the parasite, to breaking free." Zechariah closes his eyes for a moment.
"I told her... that she would be okay. I.. lied. She didn't end up okay, did she?" His voice quivers for a moment. "She had her free will taken, but not by someone who wanted to help. Her will was taken by a killing, unfeeling machine. You said it yourself. You did the best you could to do as she might have wanted, and you tried to keep her alive to the end." With his free hand, Zechariah clutches at his jacket collar.

"That's better than I can say I did. I failed two people who had their free will taken. One girl who became a killer, controlled by a parasite. The other was my host, who I don't even know what he wanted in the end. But I took his will and used it to my own ends. They were both killed in the end. If there's anyone to blame it's me, not you. You tried your best." Zechariah pauses to take a breath.
"What would have happened if you had refused to connect to her as your host? The entities who run this don't care about the same things you and I care about. They care about winning and results. They would dispose of you in some limbo and select another candidate. A candidate who doesn't care as much about the lives of others and who would gladly throw away lives in order to get the mission done. You did the absolute best you could. Maybe in a future mission we'll have a chance to bring your host back. But don't blame yourself, not now, not ever."

"Your host is counting on you to win this, so that you have a chance at bringing her back."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: February 10, 2014, 10:54:50 pm »

I open my eyes and look up at Zech, letting him leave his hand resting on my head, my shivering having mostly stopped when he touched me.
"C-careful with that Zech. J-just because I-I-I couldn't st-stop it, d-doesn't make it r-right. I still-ill owe her. I'm responsible for, for whatever happened to her in my care. I need, to not only do, do what she wanted, but to, to return her in good condition. Th-that was my res-responsibility, for taking control. I... I acomplished the first, first part. B-b-but I... I... My job is not done, ok? It... It is not done. I owe her."
My tails slowly unwind as I speak.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1463 on: February 11, 2014, 02:40:00 pm »

Do a tuck and roll over to the plunger swords and brandish them at the bears while repeating that song I made up at war cry volume.
You try to roll away. The giant tube-man machine is still over you.
Thankfully, it seems to deflate like a balloon and shrink to its original size. You try to lift it but you can't lift it all the way. You do manage to wiggle under it enough to reach one of your plungerswords. You grab it and point it at the bears while screaming your songs.  The bears continue to approach, joined in their merry dancing by Ike. That traitor.

The bears and the machine over you dissolve into dust and scatter into the wind.

Well, that was anticlimactic.

Jordan contemplated the question. Humanity was one of the few species that Jordan found labeled what was perfectly natural behavior for themselves (Such as sex, or murder) as completely immoral, yet still committed these acts while self-justifying it in such a way that not only would they not be in a position of blame, but exalted above their fellow men for it. Similarly, humanity managed to balance out "horrifyingly godlike power" and "total insanity even by their own standards" surprisingly well just thanks to the laws of pure chance and the fact that humans tend to get distracted by overwhelmingly petty shit and thus people who could have destroyed the world were stopped by their mere ability to care more about getting people to like them/taking revenge on a pitiful infraction/self-destructing spectacularly due to their own neuroses.

Jordan liked being a human. Anything else would be harder to exploit. While he was philophising, a niggling thought came at him that he decided to vocalize. It would probably not get a straight or honest answer, but it was worth posing. It would at least provide some insight into his teammates opinions on what is going on.
"So, as we are doing this, how much time is passing in our home universes? I'm not sure if I want to go back and find I've been gone 50 years."
"You will return at the exact moment you left. Does that answer your question?"

((Eh. I was imagining something more general, but this works.))

Angel headed over to Charlie.

"What is it?"
You try to approach but you are immediately teleported away the moment you cross some invisible line.

Perhaps you should try again?
Eria walk over and sits.
Good lizard.

Shrink down the tube man, escape from it, and listen to what Charlie has to say.
The tubeman deflates like a balloon and shrinks down to its original size, becoming lighter in the process. You use a combination of your club and pure strength to escape from under it.

You sit down near the shadowman.

Wiggle out of the mechsuit and look at the dude.

"Sup?"
"Nothin'. Just chillin'. Killin'."

Walk towards this "Staging Area".

"How do I know exactly where this place is like I've walked the path a million times?"
It's just a door. It's not that hard to know how to open a door and walk thr-
Oh. I forgot to write the door in the description of your personal area.
Sorry. For some reason parts of my posts are disappearing, I think. Or maybe I'm too sleepy when I write these turns and my brain is playing tricks on me, showing things that don't exist. Because every morning, when I reread the turn, I spot at least one silly mistake or missing word.
Anyway, it's an old looking door near the cave wall, made of wooden boards. You just walk through it. After you open it of course. It's not some kind of ethereal door.

Frolic along with the bears for a moment, then converge on the staging area.
You join the bears in their happy frolicking and happy dancing while Alan screams at you about betraying him for the suckiest animal in existence.

You shrug and then go sit on a rock near the shadowman.

"Charlie" looks at a non-existent watch on his wrist and mutters something.
He waves with his hand like he's clearing a fowl odor. In response, wind picks up.
The bears, the giant machines and most of everything you have summoned that is larger than a watermelon disintegrates into dust and scatters into the wind.

The white fox girl approaches and speaks to him for a few seconds before going away again.

He uses his hands to form a megaphone and shouts in the direction of Irene's portal.
"Hey! You two! Mage and Firefox! Whatever it is you're doing, you can do it later. I need you two to come here now. Everybody, me included, is waiting for you."

to return her in good condition.
((I kinda feel sad for Irene right now, however whenever I read the above, I can't help but imagine the host as some sort of rental car that has to be returned in good condition.
"Well, I see here that you have returned your host in a mostly dead state."
"Isn't that covered by the insurance?"
"I'm afraid not. We'll cover the dismemberment but you'll have to pay extra for the revivification."))

Peregrine
Theri pouted a bit at the idea, then brightened up. I think aesthetics would do! I believe its more in the sentimental value...but people are pretty much different due to their upbringing. Hrm...cheers to finding out!

She raised the flower a bit in the air-as a salute to River's idea and also as a way of appreciating it more.

So what things do you like?
"Yes, I guess we'll have to find out. Glad you like it. Hope she likes it too."

"Hmmm... I think I already told you I like to travel, but it's more than that.
I like to experience things. New things. We come to this world to learn. To change the world and be changed by it in turn. To become better adapted to the world. That's why I chose this name. River. The river moves and twists and branches and merges with others and changes its path overtime, sometimes to go around an obstacle and sometimes by destroying an obstacle. Sometimes it's a violent torrent and sometimes a calming stream. Sometimes a source of wealth and happiness, sometimes a source of destruction and sorrow.

I also like to hunt. To corner my prey, outsmart it. To see it weak, cowering before me. To feel warm blood in my mouth, soft tasty flesh rended by my teeth. To prove I am a good hunter.

And I like to fight. Danger in all its forms. I like to see what I can do. Push myself to the limits. Measure my strength against the strength of others.

And finally, I like to help people. Help them become better. And learn from them in turn. And perhaps... in the process... also become their... friend."

He seems a bit hesitant, a bit shy when saying that final sentence.
Oop.

Approach staging area. Hand over flower discreetly to the man and ask him to give it to the brown girl I saw earlier!...if he knows her. If not, wait for her along with the rest!
The man tells you that it would be better if you gave it yourself and that she will be coming soon.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:00:38 am by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 11, 2014, 02:52:34 pm »

Zechariah kept his voice as gentle as possible. His wings and irises were with a softer and clearer tone.
"You're right, we're not done yet. But in order to get her back, I need you to accept that what happened has passed, and that you had the best intention to prevent it. And then, you can complete the other missions, and I'll help you do whatever is possible to get her back to life. But don't feel like it was all your fault."
He gives Irine a light hug, still speaking softly.
"This game is going to test us unfairly. If we get through it, we'll bring her back. I promise that I will do everything in my power to do so."
Zechariah hears the shadow man impatiently asking them to hurry up.
"Are you ready, Irine?"

Exit to the Staging Area.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:07:16 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: February 11, 2014, 03:04:19 pm »

I nod once.
"ok."
I shake myself free, take a single deep breath, a little ridgidly move my arms down to my sides, take another deep breath, look up at Zech, and nod once.
I then go back through the portal to my area, and out into the staging area.

The first thing I do after I come out of the portal, is I yell at admin-guy (charlie).
"Hey! Stay out of my head! I felt that little compulsion you stuck in there when you yelled the first time. My headspace is Mine, got that?"
Everybody hears a voice in their head and feels an almost imperceptible urge to move towards the staging.
Those already in the staging area see the shadow man Angel call Charlie appearing on a rock. He mutters something about the state of this place.
((Just so you know what she's referring too.))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:11:18 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 11, 2014, 03:15:58 pm »

Run up and shake Blue's hand for vanquishing the bears.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 11, 2014, 03:28:06 pm »

Angel looks at Charlie.

Since I'm bored, I'll have her start sketching the pentagrams.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 11, 2014, 06:27:31 pm »

Bryan shrugs, moves closer to the shadow man and pays attention.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1469 on: February 11, 2014, 08:59:47 pm »

Zechariah kept his voice as gentle as possible. His wings and irises were with a softer and clearer tone.
"You're right, we're not done yet. But in order to get her back, I need you to accept that what happened has passed, and that you had the best intention to prevent it. And then, you can complete the other missions, and I'll help you do whatever is possible to get her back to life. But don't feel like it was all your fault."
He gives Irine a light hug, still speaking softly.
"This game is going to test us unfairly. If we get through it, we'll bring her back. I promise that I will do everything in my power to do so."
Zechariah hears the shadow man impatiently asking them to hurry up.
"Are you ready, Irine?"

Exit to the Staging Area.
"What were you doing in there? Why's the Firefox all puffyeyed? Did you bang her so badly that you made her cry?"
"Don't be ridiculous. Physical trauma doesn't cause pain in the staging area. He was clearly conducting espionage and engaging in psychological warfare. Well done, my champion. I hope you learned many secrets with which to crush her."

I nod once.
"ok."
I shake myself free, take a single deep breath, a little ridgidly move my arms down to my sides, take another deep breath, look up at Zech, and nod once.
I then go back through the portal to my area, and out into the staging area.

The first thing I do after I come out of the portal, is I yell at admin-guy (charlie).
"Hey! Stay out of my head! I felt that little compulsion you stuck in there when you yelled the first time. My headspace is Mine, got that?"
Everybody hears a voice in their head and feels an almost imperceptible urge to move towards the staging.
Those already in the staging area see the shadow man Angel call Charlie appearing on a rock. He mutters something about the state of this place.
((Just so you know what she's referring too.))
"Hey now, there's more compulsion in a telemarketing ad than the one I gave you. But fine, whatever. I'll just drag you out next time. I was just trying to be polite."

A white fox girl approaches you after you walk out. She looks very much like you, except she has white fur over all of her body and only one tail.
"Hi! I saw you were upset before. I know it's not much, but I hope this will make you happier." she says and hands you a flower. It looks like a lily, with petals that are yellow near the stamens and transition to red near their edges, with an orange gradient in between. The underside of its petals is white.

Run up and shake Blue's hand for vanquishing the bears.
You run over to "Blue" and try to grab his hand, but it's like trying to grab smoke.
"Hah, this never gets old." the shadow man makes a half laugh. "It's even funnier when someone tries to charge at me. That look on their face when they pass through me, just before they hit the ground... now that's priceless."

Angel looks at Charlie.

Since I'm bored, I'll have her start sketching the pentagrams.
You start drawing. You have a feeling this will take a while.
Do you read the descriptions of the powers I'm giving you?

Bryan shrugs, moves closer to the shadow man and pays attention.
I'm sorry, but "Blue" there only accepts bribes in power units, not attention.

"Okay then, now that we're all here (finally) I'd like to talk to you about the next challenges.
First of all, the gist of this, for our new players, is simple enough. Complete the objectives we give you, you gain more power, we gain entertainment and when you complete enough challenges, you get to go home. I think it's a pretty simple, good, straightforward deal, don't you?"

He starts slowly walking on top of the rock he is standing on.
"Now then, about the challenges... There have been some complaints that you are hurting people, taking away their free will, being bad guys, etc, etc. These challenges will address these concerns.

First off, we have a challenge involving deep synchronization. You will enter your hosts as passengers. And if you want, you can just remain in the passenger seat and watch their stories unfold. No input required on your part. If free will concerns you so much, you can just let them die free men. No big deal, right? Just don't do things that will contradict with your host's character too much. Deep synchronization is harder to maintain. You're going  back to the same universe as before. Let's see if you can fix some of the problems you caused...
I think for this one, I'm going to choose... you, you, you... you.... aaand you two."

Every time he points someone an orb of shadowfire is launched from his fingertip and towards the person he is pointing. When they hit them, the balls form into symbols and letters:
Zechariah gets a Theatre Mask with the word Spy written under it.
Ike gets a Pistol with the word Agent written over it.
Irene gets a Human with the word Seeker written on its left.
Alan gets a Knife with the word Killer written on its right.
The white fox girl gets a Heater Shield with the word Medium written on it.
Bryan gets a Scalpel with the word Instrument written under it.

"The rest will participate in the defense of a colony that is under attack by a BETA. Think big robot. Very big. Like, building sized big. From space. I've evacuated the area because, frankly, with what happened last mission, I don't trust you to be on the same planet as my civilians. Hopefully, you should be able to stop it before it causes significant damage. And you won't cause more damage than it does in the process.
You'll get a more extensive briefing when the mission begins."

"Any advice, questions, goodbyes, mind blowing revelations? Now is the time to share, because we'll begin in a minute."

((That means tomorrow.))

Peregrine
((Tiruin was busy so I acted on her behalf and informed her of such:))
Hey, just writing to say that I had your character do something, hope you don't mind.
Here it is, with Lenglon's response:
A white fox girl approaches you after you walk out. She looks very much like you, except she has white fur over all of her body and only one tail.
"Hi! I saw you were upset before. I know it's not much, but I hope this will make you happier." she says and hands you a flower. It looks like a lily, with petals that are yellow near the stamens and transition to red near their edges, with an orange gradient in between. The underside of its petals is white.
What? That looks like... Is she one of kj1225's kitsune?
"I... I... thank you. Um, this... This might be a kinda weird question, but I was wondering if we might be from the same place. Do you know who kj1225 is?"
"And by the way, if you were right next to me-I'd pet you. Human or not. Because you're cute that way.
And obviously, you are my friend. Silly."

"I- That- Thank you. I'm- Thank you." River says, unable to find the words to express his feelings. "I'm truly honored to be your friend."
"I'm suddenly both glad and sorry I don't have a body. I guess we'll have to wait until we get back."

"Hah. Nobody has called me cute in a long time." he adds mostly to himself.
"You can choose your name? Wow, that's amazing! So..so that means you have another name, right?"
"About my names, I have some titles mostly, but none of them is terribly interesting."
He continues a bit more reluctantly.
"I... had another name once. When I was younger. The first name I was given. Darkstar. But... that's not who I am anymore. At least, that's not all I am."
"Hmm, about the travel," Theri hefted her kite shield, examining it, "I think what we're going to see would be quite the adventure, don't you agree?
((The shield is mostly a symbol of what you will be doing. Not an object you will be using.))
"Oh, yes. This will be interesting. We'll be guiding people, protecting them. Similar to what I do."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:00:54 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 521