Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125942 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 2
« Reply #1350 on: January 31, 2014, 02:54:14 pm »

Ow. Fffffffk. Who's there? Show yourself.
Shrink the shelf to its normal size, get it off me, find some things to use as a makeshift weapon and shield.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 31, 2014, 03:54:43 pm »

((That's my character, John.))
((I meant John as in Locke.))

((Escape routes for us and everyone onboard? That's what the way Paris phrased it implied.))
((No, I meant that, given time, we could have, say, untethered that hovercraft and tried to use that to get to ground level through the hole in the ceiling. I assume there was a hole in the ceiling, anyway. Or worked out a way to slip past the commandos even before we fulfilled the final objective. Or maybe discovered another route altogether. By that point nobody could be bothered to do so, and so things happened as they did.))
((If we did that, either we would succeed and destroy the ship--killing everyone onboard--or not destroy the ship and lose.))

"Lots of people died. Because of us. And me."
"And how much of that was under your control? The casualties, I mean."
"Lots of it?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 31, 2014, 04:04:51 pm »

((If we did that, either we would succeed and destroy the ship--killing everyone onboard--or not destroy the ship and lose.))

((Well, we had to destroy the ship anyway. That's what the Device did. We could not save those people in any way. All the other casualties could have been avoided through better planning, execution and luck. Much, much better showings in all three of those areas.

If by 'ship' you mean the rocket, the obvious solution was to not load more than one person into it, which the objectives made perfectly clear. If the others had another escape route worked out - say, a jury-rigged hovercraft to follow behind the rocket - then they could have survived as well.))

"Lots of it?"

"Let me rephrase the question. How many of them did you personally kill? And how many died in such a way that their death was your fault and nobody else's?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 31, 2014, 04:55:31 pm »

"Yeah, because your good intentions are aaall that matters in this world." responds the entity sarcastically. "And do you honestly think I care about the death of a single human? Or a thousand humans? Do you know how many humans have died during the time it took me to utter this sentence? Should I perhaps go about saving everyone until the universe is nothing more than clusters of humans floating in space? Or is it simply the humans you know about that you so hypocritically 'care' for? Was it like that in your world, I wonder? Was your inadequacy there equal in measure to the one you displayed here? Is that how you managed to end up here? How many people did your failures let down there?" He lets that question linger for a moment.
"Zero."
"Anyway, I made no such promise. In fact, he informed you of the exact opposite. That your host's sacrifice may be required to complete the mission. Of course, nobody would had died if only you had been competent and followed the directions given to you, now would they? Although, believe me, screwing up the mission in just the perfect way did make my job many times easier. This world is closer to freedom than ever."
"I suppose I should thank you for that."
he adds in that smug voice of his, making a small mock-bow of respect.
"I... I..."
I allow my flames to die down and fade away, and let myself go partially limp.
"I still don't-"
Alan frowns at the fire.

Summon several high pressure water hoses that are aimed at the fox.
And now I'm getting knocked over by high-pressure water hoses??
"W-what?"
Once it goes out, walk up and slap it.

Now go clean up your ashes, you litterer!
And getting slapped for no reason??
"Hey!! There aren't any-"
Zechariah is overwhelmed by this entity's patronizing manner. He lets a bit of the Artemis inside of him show, his wings and eyes sporting a slightly purple tinge.
"This is what I hate about every single deity that ever existed! They become so desensitized to life that they see living beings as a means to an end, and nothing more! YOU are the one who organized this mission, you are the one responsible for pointless deaths! Hell, even Eido Aeterno cared more about his subjects than you do! I won't stand to become a cold killer, and I will not be a pawn to serial killers themselves! I'm starting to think that even Artemis was great compared to you entities!"
And now this?
"H-hey! you-"
Zechariah is shivering now, his eyes and wings glowing with a clear brightness. His eyes and wings both take on even more of an amethyst tinge, and his voice is very faintly doubled over with the voice of someone else.

"I am standing by Irine now. Fix this wreck of a system. Now. Before Artemis arrives, and by then, I won't be in control anymore and there will be more than hell to pay."

Action PM'd.
What is he even...
"B-but..."

OOC arguing about this
((Could we keep this IC? From an OOC standpoint this minor detail doesn't even matter.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 31, 2014, 05:50:34 pm »

((We're the best people ever.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 31, 2014, 06:00:55 pm »

Bryan grunted when his powers clashed with the fox woman's.  She must have spent at least as much time training her brain as Bryan had.  Bryan opened his eyes and saw that the area was unchanged, he had managed to contain the flames though.  Then all of a sudden the flames were gone.  Bryan let out a breath of relief and stopped exerting his mind.
Take a moment to recover
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1356 on: January 31, 2014, 08:17:57 pm »

Alan frowns at the fire.

Summon several high pressure water hoses that are aimed at the fox. Once it goes out, walk up and slap it.

Now go clean up your ashes, you litterer!
You summon several fire hoses that immediately start spraying high pressure water. Unfortunately, this turns out to be a poorly thought out move, as the hoses start squirming and thrashing around like decapitated snakes, spraying water everywhere. You try to get out of the way but you can't. The heavy metal ends hit you pretty hard, hard enough to break bones. Luckily, you're in the Staging Area so you don't get injured.
Oh no! I'm being slapped by my own hoses in an ironic twist of events! If only I had the mental capacity to understand and appreciate irony!
Bryan grunted when his powers clashed with the fox woman's.  She must have spent at least as much time training her brain as Bryan had.  Bryan opened his eyes and saw that the area was unchanged, he had managed to contain the flames though.  Then all of a sudden the flames were gone.  Bryan let out a breath of relief and stopped exerting his mind.
Take a moment to recover
BZZT! Recharging brain power!

Ow. Fffffffk. Who's there? Show yourself.
Shrink the shelf to its normal size, get it off me, find some things to use as a makeshift weapon and shield.
You shrink the shelf to its original size and manage to lift it off of you.
"Or else? Are you going to defeat me like you defeated that shelf, oh mighty warrior?" she says with another small laugh.
You pick up the broken leg of the shelf and hold it like an improvised club. However there doesn't seem to be anything around here that could be useful as a shield.

Zechariah is overwhelmed by this entity's patronizing manner. He lets a bit of the Artemis inside of him show, his wings and eyes sporting a slightly purple tinge.
"This is what I hate about every single deity that ever existed! They become so desensitized to life that they see living beings as a means to an end, and nothing more! YOU are the one who organized this mission, you are the one responsible for pointless deaths! Hell, even Eido Aeterno cared more about his subjects than you do! I won't stand to become a cold killer, and I will not be a pawn to serial killers themselves! I'm starting to think that even Artemis was great compared to you entities!"

Zechariah is shivering now, his eyes and wings glowing with a clear brightness. His eyes and wings both take on even more of an amethyst tinge, and his voice is very faintly doubled over with the voice of someone else.

"I am standing by Irine now. Fix this wreck of a system. Now. Before Artemis arrives, and by then, I won't be in control anymore and there will be more than hell to pay."

Action PM'd.
I'm sorry kid, I'm afraid I can't let you do that. Not ready for this yet. you feel a voice in your head, alien, cruel and grating. It brings to your head images of landslides, of thunder, of wolves growling, of large stones grinding together and hitting each other.
If whatever was inside you felt like a sneeze coming, then whatever happened now feels like someone put their hand in front of your mouth, cutting it off and denying you the release it promised, leaving you with a tingling sensation in your mind.
"Yeah, because your good intentions are aaall that matters in this world." responds the entity sarcastically. "And do you honestly think I care about the death of a single human? Or a thousand humans? Do you know how many humans have died during the time it took me to utter this sentence? Should I perhaps go about saving everyone until the universe is nothing more than clusters of humans floating in space? Or is it simply the humans you know about that you so hypocritically 'care' for? Was it like that in your world, I wonder? Was your inadequacy there equal in measure to the one you displayed here? Is that how you managed to end up here? How many people did your failures let down there?" He lets that question linger for a moment.
"Zero."
"Ahh, yes, I guess the dead can't feel disappointment, can they?"
"Anyway, I made no such promise. In fact, he informed you of the exact opposite. That your host's sacrifice may be required to complete the mission. Of course, nobody would had died if only you had been competent and followed the directions given to you, now would they? Although, believe me, screwing up the mission in just the perfect way did make my job many times easier. This world is closer to freedom than ever."
"I suppose I should thank you for that."
he adds in that smug voice of his, making a small mock-bow of respect.
"I... I..."
I allow my flames to die down and fade away, and let myself go partially limp.
"I still don't-"
And now this?
"H-hey! you-"

What is he even...
"B-but..."
Irene lets her flames go. The flames disappear, leaving a large patch of scorched earth behind them.
She is about to say something when Zechariah walks near her and points his staff at the entity, shouting something she can't quite make sense of.
"I suggest you stand aside kid. This isn't about you."
With a twist of Zechariah's staff, light shards materialize around the entity and encase it in them.

No sooner does this happen than he feels the cold of steel on his throat.
"Are you reeally so naive as to think that would work?" he hears the entity whisper in his ear. It's close enough to feel its hot breath.
"For me, this little breakdown was nothing more than entertainment."
Zechariah realizes that he is actually holding something against his neck, not someone else.
"And a chance to educate you..." he adds and laughs, the sound of his laughter echoing and slowly fading away.
Zechariah looks down to see a polished military knife in the hand that is not holding his staff, his reflection smiling smugly from its mirror-like surface. The entity has disappeared from behind him by turning into that red haze again and is nowhere to be seen.

((The hell is even happening? People are trying to kill the entities because ... something?))
((People got heroic characters into an RTD that was designed with the intent of having competition between players on every mission. The outcome was predictable, although the magnitude and quality of it was surprising.))
((Needed this for the year-long ER mission.))
((I think in ER you need an Avatar Of War or equivalent for every mission that involves alien stuff and even then that might not be enough. How many tokens do you think a Titan would cost? Oh, idea...))
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:20:52 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 31, 2014, 08:56:38 pm »

"I didn't fail..."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 31, 2014, 09:19:33 pm »

YES! RELEASE YOUR SPIRIT, ALLOW ME TO FIGHT WITH YOU AGAIN! DESTROY ANYONE WHO STANDS IN YOUR WAY! NOTHING CAN-

Artemis was so close to coming into power again, or at least Zechariah's mind construct of Artemis. If it was the real Artemis, this would be much more dangerous.

And then an entity invaded Zechariah's head and shut the door on Artemis, hurting his foot on the way out. Along with that, the other entity has just taken control of Zechariah and forced him to put a knife to his own throat. Zechariah tries to talk through his involuntary grin.

"I-Irine... help.. h-help me..."

You didn't fail, Irine, Zechariah thought to himself. I failed myself for the thousandth time. I let myself fall to Artemis, and these entities had to step in to calm me down.

I failed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 31, 2014, 09:29:34 pm »

John peeks out as best he can from within the suit.  "Are you quite done out there?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 31, 2014, 10:07:08 pm »

You have a dumb laugh, whoever you are. Now, it's still not too late to be allies, and I'd rather not hurt a girl unless I have to. Why don't you just step out of the shadows so we can make an deal. Shake hands and all that.
And never speak of that cursed shelf again.

Talk.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 31, 2014, 10:13:11 pm »

Zechariah tries to talk through his involuntary grin.
"I-Irine... help.. h-help me..."
I look at Zech, then wordlessly reach up and slam the blade against his neck as hard as I can.
Has he forgotten the nature of this place? We can't be hurt here.
"Would the entity in charge of last mission's world please speak with me? At what price would you revive that girl?"

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 31, 2014, 10:21:05 pm »

((The reason he's asking for help is not because he's afraid he's going to be hurt [he's already practically dead], but because he has no idea what to do now that the entities have sucked all of the spirit out of him.
But of course this is OOC, so carry on.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 31, 2014, 10:47:37 pm »

Bryan stood and watched as events unfolded before him.  Did they really think they could take on an entity?  Here?  Now?  Not to mention that it looks like not even we can be hurt here.  If we take on an entity, we should try to be more subtle.  Now then, about that animal.
Go back to the eastern edge of the staging area, try to make a staircase leading up the wall
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 31, 2014, 10:50:10 pm »

GMAH GASOLINE POWER

Summon gasoline hoses to counter the fire hoses!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 521