Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125207 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Final Level
« Reply #1155 on: January 22, 2014, 06:41:26 pm »

"Well, at least we'll complete one objective."
Keep a gun trained on any entrances in case of danger, move towards escape vehicle.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1156 on: January 22, 2014, 09:22:36 pm »

(('Hovercraft'? You mean the space fighter? I was disappointed in that because it seemed to be thoroughly gutted.))

To Irene: "Maybe you shouldn't mess around with the Device. If this thing wants it, it's probably going to use to screw us over in some fashion. Let's just focus on getting the thing out of here, okay?"

Keep moving. Get out of the dang ship. Reach the Escape Vehicle.
You reach the rocket. It's a big thing, about 15 meters tall. Luckily, the scaffolding that supports it is equipped with an elevator.
One level holds the cockpit, if it can be called that. A deep depression on the side of the rocket roughly similar in shape with the Vitruvian Man. It is padded with a shock absorbent plastic-like substance and equipped with an oxygen mask but has little else in it. The "cockpit" can be secured by a thick metal cover that probably forms an airtight seal.
The rounded top of the missile is open and is marked "Payload". It is intended for whatever warhead this missile was supposed to carry. It's a bit smaller than the size of an average human, about 1,5 meters high.
The hole above it is a rather large ventilation shaft, a fan slowly spinning inside it.
"Well, at least we'll complete one objective."
Keep a gun trained on any entrances in case of danger, move towards escape vehicle.
You follow Ike and see what he sees. No danger visible. Wonder where all those guards went...

"Due to Volume and Technological constraints? I can mitigate both of those. We can do this!"
New action: Hand off the Device to whomever and change to full-fox form immediately.
You change forms, releasing some flames in the process that burn a scorch mark on the metal below you. Transformation still makes you feel as crap as you remembered it to be.
Meanwhile, the Device opens up like a flower, revealing a long metal spike with a handle. The "petals" of the device are facing the heart and are glowing with energy, the air in front of it distorting in a straight line towards the heart. The heart quivers in response, rippling like water with each pulse of energy that hits it.
It is ready.

Practice!
You practice dancing tango. You now have a +1 bonus for dancing tango. Use this power wisely.

"What's an energy unit and how do I get them?"
"It's equivalent to about the energy a G-type main sequence star produces in a thousand years. So, not that much, really. A small price to pay for power and immortality. If you don't want to harvest them yourself then just go to a Kwik-E-Mart and ask them for a big weight."

Hngggggg

Grow another body starfish style!
You are now a stylish starfish with the head of an Alan. You are wearing black glasses and colorful clothes, all of them designer and expensive.

Zechariah pauses for a few moments to recollect his thoughts. He sighs out deeply and rubs his eyes with his free arm.
"You get the broken ones because you know how to fix them. Okay, I will do whatever is in my power to keep in control of myself. But you must understand that I one side of multiple facets.

...can you at least tell me a little about yourself? At least, I want to have an idea of who I will be working with right now..."

"Hmmph... At least you're an optimist. I suppose that will be enough, for now.

I'm sorry. Information is power and I can't just go around handing power, now can I? Ask me something more specific and I'll see if I can grant you a response."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:49:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 22, 2014, 10:44:49 pm »

Practice!
You practice dancing tango. You now have a +1 bonus for dancing tango. Use this power wisely.

((I'll hold you to this!))

Design a (VR) dancing robot that looks suspiciously like Salma Hayek.  Tango!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 22, 2014, 10:46:37 pm »

"How are they stored?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 22, 2014, 11:35:31 pm »

Curl up and rest.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 23, 2014, 03:48:55 am »

"I guess I could give fighting my way out of here a chance."

"What were your powers, anyway? I've only seen you shoot people so far. If that's your power, maybe you'd be better off taking the rocket express out of here, 'cause I don't think any of us could take down a whole squad of whatever commandos they're sending after us. Though if you think you can do it, I'm not one to doubt you."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1161 on: January 23, 2014, 04:44:11 am »

Curl up and rest.
Let's say you're OK now. No need to spend a turn with everyone just waiting for you.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 23, 2014, 05:16:48 am »

Curl up and rest.
Let's say you're OK now. No need to spend a turn with everyone just waiting for you.
seriously? they left me behind?
If stabbing this heart-thing starts a countdown we are going to be in so much trouble.

Hop on top of the device, then lean down and forwards and bite the handle and try to stab the heart with the Device somehow, despite my size.
((There's a reason I'm pretty sure I have to wait on them, not the other way around.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 23, 2014, 09:06:41 am »

((I'm currently waiting for Fniff to answer. There's the matter of deciding which one of us two is going to go on the rocket. I think using the Device can wait a bit. If it does start a countdown, we need to have everything figured out beforehand.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 23, 2014, 11:11:40 am »

"I guess I could give fighting my way out of here a chance."

"What were your powers, anyway? I've only seen you shoot people so far. If that's your power, maybe you'd be better off taking the rocket express out of here, 'cause I don't think any of us could take down a whole squad of whatever commandos they're sending after us. Though if you think you can do it, I'm not one to doubt you."
"I don't have any powers. I'm just good at killing people. Since your power is clairvoyance or similar, I'm guessing you're no more equipped to handle squads of commandos."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: January 23, 2014, 11:17:50 am »

"I can probably avoid them more easily with superior senses and whatnot, though I wouldn't exactly bet on it. If you don't have a problem with it, though, I suppose I can take the spot in the rocket."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 23, 2014, 01:11:16 pm »

Well, it's not like I'm going to exploit any information. I'm just trying to be friendly, Zechariah thought, disappointed. Then again, who knows what Artemis will do with my memories if I meet him again?

"Okay... well, were you ever not a entity? If so, what was it like back then? And what do you do as an entity, if it's not too secretive?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Robo-Tango
« Reply #1167 on: January 23, 2014, 05:05:22 pm »

Curl up and rest.
seriously? they left me behind?
If stabbing this heart-thing starts a countdown we are going to be in so much trouble.

Hop on top of the device, then lean down and forwards and bite the handle and try to stab the heart with the Device somehow, despite my size.
((There's a reason I'm pretty sure I have to wait on them, not the other way around.))
You step on the device, the pulses of energy it emits making you feel uneasy. You're glad your stomach is mostly empty.
You bite the handle and try to lift the spike. It's surprisingly heavy, yet with a tremendous effort, you manage to lift it. You walk towards the heart, the muscles in your neck and legs straining, your teeth hurting. You try jumping towards the heart but you can't make it all the way.
You collapse from the effort and the spike clatters to the ground.
Perhaps some help from your teammates is in order?

The restraints around you are bulging dangerously and are making noises that aren't in the least reassuring. Very small tendrils of flesh have begun forming in the bones supporting the heart. There is a small tremor and after a few milliseconds, somewhere very far away, you can hear something metal breaking and reverberating.
"Containment Failure critical on levels Minus One and Minus Three. Gamma Contingency activation sequence initiated. Attention all personnel, you now have 15 minutes to reach minimum safe distance. Please, remain calm and converge to the nearest designated assembly points where the security personnel will lead you to the nearest exit."
Yep. That's all we were missing right now. Such a cliche, the secret base self destructing. What's next, the Director taunting you from the speakers while you fight?

Fniff & Harry Baldman
One of the restraints holding the ship at the far end of the room has been broken.
"Containment Failure critical on levels Minus One and Minus Three. Gamma Contingency activation sequence initiated. Attention all personnel, you now have 15 minutes to reach minimum safe distance. Please, remain calm and converge to the nearest designated assembly points where the security personnel will lead you to the nearest exit."
Perhaps this is your cue to decide what the hell you are going to do and get the hell out of here?

Practice!

((I'll hold you to this!))

Design a (VR) dancing robot that looks suspiciously like Salma Hayek.  Tango!
((What, are you going to suggest the next challenge be some kind of dance contest?))

You spend some time choosing actuators that can cope with complex dancing and balancing the robot's weight to optimize its dance performance. You also spend some time working on its aesthetics choosing the look and materials for the robot as well as making sure the noise from its actuators is muffled.
With a few VR tests and final adjustments, you complete the design and summon your robodancer girl, a humanoid with female characteristics made of soft grey semi-transparent plastic-like skin with chrome accents. The table even has a "Dancer's Module" in its list of parts for whatever reason so you don't have to spend time downloading the dance program to your robot. She raises her head, looks at you with her glowing solid blue eyes and smiles.
She tilts her head to the side and music starts playing from her high quality speakers. "Shall we?"

With the fluid movements of two people who have done this thousands of times before, you embrace each other closely, her hand going around your back while yours goes to her waist, your other hands clasped together, ready for a dance of Tango Argentino. Her flesh feels warm, almost human-like, the skin conducting the heat building up from her actuators and generator, just like you designed it.
You dance well and she doesn't do so bad either. You make a few errors (most notably a small slip in one of the lifts), probably because you aren't used to her different weight distribution and her machine learning algorithms are still adjusting to you and her new body.
As you dance, it strikes you as strange how something not living can look so... human, her eyes and smile so expressive.
You finish by doing a few back ochos and then pushing her away and pulling her back in while doing a small lift, her legs a great distance apart as she lands and you lean over her.

"How are they stored?"
"They use people like you to hold them, people who have been identified as 10-T. We just teach them some extra things first."

Well, it's not like I'm going to exploit any information. I'm just trying to be friendly, Zechariah thought, disappointed. Then again, who knows what Artemis will do with my memories if I meet him again?

"Okay... well, were you ever not a entity? If so, what was it like back then? And what do you do as an entity, if it's not too secretive?"
"I was, and still am in a way, a Bond-former. A Witch the humans called me, the most powerful magic user of our kind. A being that can do anything her heart desires. Change form, destroy entire armies, spy the other side of the galaxy, ignore gravity, bend the laws of the universe and fly as fast as light itself." The volume of her speech rises near the end, her voice filled with elation.
"But even those paled in comparison to my... other skills. Aaah. That was a good time. When challengers were plenty, every day was filled with new things and there were others worthy of sharing my time with."
She stays quiet for a while.
"Now things are... slower. The realms I manage are numerous and their number grows every day along with my power. And yet I feel restless. I choose an avatar and search the world for challenges, for experiences, for places and people worthy of my attention, but those are rarer now. I am glad I at least have the one I respect the most with me in those travels."
She sighs.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:20:13 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 23, 2014, 05:09:32 pm »

Excelleeent!

Try to walk in a classy manner.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Robo-Tango
« Reply #1169 on: January 23, 2014, 05:55:55 pm »

"Well now."

Take the Device and use it however I'm supposed to on the ship. Then get out of the way of whatever the ship is doing. Then presumably escape with Irene.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:58:39 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 521