Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125222 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Final Level
« Reply #1140 on: January 22, 2014, 12:23:22 pm »

(('Hovercraft'? You mean the space fighter? I was disappointed in that because it seemed to be thoroughly gutted.))

To Irene: "Maybe you shouldn't mess around with the Device. If this thing wants it, it's probably going to use to screw us over in some fashion. Let's just focus on getting the thing out of here, okay?"

Keep moving. Get out of the dang ship. Reach the Escape Vehicle.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1141 on: January 22, 2014, 02:28:43 pm »

(('Hovercraft'? You mean the space fighter? I was disappointed in that because it seemed to be thoroughly gutted.))
((Yeah, maybe hovercraft isn't the right word here...  How would you call a helicopter-like or fighter-like vehicle that can levitate and move around without any visible application of force? LevGunship? HoverCopter? Flying Saucer? HeliFlubber?

And it's missing its armor (to expose its wiring and electronics so that it can be connected to nearby computers) and something from its back, presumable where one would place the rocket (hence the spaceship part). And it's tethered to the ground with bungee cords.))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:31:40 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: January 22, 2014, 02:34:29 pm »

((Like your traditional flying saucer?  Maybe VTOL?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: January 22, 2014, 03:05:15 pm »

To Irene: "Maybe you shouldn't mess around with the Device. If this thing wants it, it's probably going to use to screw us over in some fashion. Let's just focus on getting the thing out of here, okay?"

Keep moving. Get out of the dang ship. Reach the Escape Vehicle.
"No choice. We can't leave with our work unfinished. Our final task before leaving this place is to stab the heart with the device. D told me so while I was guarding against pursuit in the hallway up two levels. I have to do this."
Stab the heart with the Device, then take the Device and go towards the escape vehicle.

"Could we please talk out who gets to use the rocket? I don't want us to fight each other. Please?"
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 06:23:24 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: January 22, 2014, 04:37:23 pm »

"No choice. We can't leave with our work unfinished. Our final task before leaving this place is to stab the heart with the device. D told me so while I was guarding against pursuit in the hallway up two levels. I have to do this."

"Well, shit. Give me some time to skip over to a less precarious spot, then, eh?"

Stab the heart with the Device, then take the Device and go towards the escape vehicle.

"Could we please talk out who gets to use the rocket? I don't want us to fight each other. Please?"

"I'm thinking the one who should use the rocket is the one who has the least chance of getting out of here alive otherwise. If his ride wasn't dead already, I'd be nominating the magic paladin guy, the one with the serious survival issues. Or the kid, if her ride hadn't met a grisly end. Out of us three, though... I can't really decide which one has the smallest chances. What powers have you got? I've got enhanced hearing and smell plus super reflexes. You can transform and mess around with fire, right? I don't know what Jordan does exactly, though. Care to weigh in, bud?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 22, 2014, 04:41:22 pm »

"Y-yeah, But I have some kinda strict limits on what I can do with my abilities. I'm pretty much burnt out here. I used up the last of my fire so I could have hands again."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 22, 2014, 04:42:22 pm »

"Y-yeah, But I have some kinda strict limits on what I can do with my abilities. I'm pretty much burnt out here. I used up the last of my fire so I could have hands again."

"So if you were to transform back into a fox, what would happen?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 22, 2014, 04:45:57 pm »

"I'd get more fire to work with, but I can't control it while I'm changing. Unless I makes sure that I change on top of something flammable it'll probably disperse before I can work with it."

"I wish the entities weren't so strict about only one person using the rocket. I think if I changed back into a fox one of you could carry me with you in it and we could escape together. I don't weigh much like that, and I think I could use my abilities to boost the rocket a little if necessary."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:52:10 pm by Lenglon »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 22, 2014, 05:04:37 pm »

"I'd get more fire to work with, but I can't control it while I'm changing. Unless I makes sure that I change on top of something flammable it'll probably disperse before I can work with it."

"That's good. I was afraid you'd die or something. That'd be completely terrible. But there's probably all sorts of fire-making implements around here. I think if whoever's left behind messes with that hovercraft a bit, they might be able to get it to fly up to the hole. And if that fails, hey, you can turn into a small, stealthy animal that's geared to avoid attention and move quietly to ambush other small animals."

"I wish the entities weren't so strict about only one person using the rocket. I think if I changed back into a fox one of you could carry me with you in it and we could escape together. I don't weigh much like that, and I think I could use my abilities to boost the rocket a little if necessary."

"Hey, them's the rules of the game, and the point of the game is to test our abilities and make sure somebody wins in the end. You can't do that unless there's some way for people to press their advantages, even if it's arbitrary and a bit silly."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 22, 2014, 05:07:04 pm »

"I guess I could give fighting my way out of here a chance."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: January 22, 2014, 05:12:55 pm »

"well, the rules specifically said only one passenger could use it. I think, when i'm that small, I can kinda count as something you're carrying. I mean, my host knows that small animals are treated like objects... luggage? by many transportation groups. And I really don't like arbitrary rules anyway. It's obvious they're designed to force us to fight each other. I don't understand why we should do that. I don't see why our hosts would want to do that either. Besides, didn't you notice that comment about 'hidden objectives'? They told us they're hiding other things we could be doing from us by showing us that.

I think we can do it."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:16:57 pm by Lenglon »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: January 22, 2014, 05:15:40 pm »

"Yeah, but if you're wrong, we fail the entire mission."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 22, 2014, 05:21:55 pm »

Through interface, to entities and teammates: <Rules/objectives clarification request: would one of the two males carrying a small mammal as part of their personal possessions while using the escape vehicle in addition to their mandatory inventories (EG: the device) automatically invalidate the completion of the primary objective requiring the escape vehicle's use?>
bold text to make sure GM notices this question, even though my action is in an earlier post.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:27:02 pm by Lenglon »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1153 on: January 22, 2014, 05:55:21 pm »

Through interface, to entities and teammates: <Rules/objectives clarification request: would one of the two males carrying a small mammal as part of their personal possessions while using the escape vehicle in addition to their mandatory inventories (EG: the device) automatically invalidate the completion of the primary objective requiring the escape vehicle's use?>
bold text to make sure GM notices this question, even though my action is in an earlier post.
"The designer of this challenge states that exactly one person must use the escape vehicle. Examination suggests only one human can use the escape vehicle due to volume and technological constraints. You are free to complete the objectives in any way you desire. No further information can be provided at this time.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: January 22, 2014, 06:21:07 pm »

"Due to Volume and Technological constraints? I can mitigate both of those. We can do this!"
New action: Hand off the Device to whomever and change to full-fox form immediately.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 06:24:27 pm by Lenglon »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 521