Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125709 times)

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Ghost
« Reply #1095 on: January 16, 2014, 08:50:07 am »

"Perhaps, or perhaps your allies will keep you safe."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 16, 2014, 09:06:58 am »

(On one hand, we lost a team member, on the other hand, Jordan got to prove his point.)
Jordan doesn't look as surprised as he should. Why was he so concerned with one woman? I killed dozens of guards, and they all had families. He didn't care about them. Hell, the self-defense argument doesn't even apply here either, because she was trying to kill us too. Did he fancy her or something? Unlikely.
To Team: <"I expected that would happen. We're lucky that didn't effect us. Let's not have a repeat of that. Keep an eye out everyone, I'll keep watch.">
Keep an eye out for guards. If I see them, kill them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: January 17, 2014, 11:30:28 am »

Coat my foot in that kinetic absorption gel that Billy Mays once advertised and kick one of the crabs off while whacking another one with a plunger!
((Ignoring the nonexistence of such a substance...Wouldn't kinetic absorption cause your kick's kinetic energy to be absorbed, meaning it wouldn't do as much?))

"Okay, Charlie! How have you been? And what have you been up to? And who are you, by the way?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 17, 2014, 12:17:14 pm »

((I dunno; Alan operates off of concentrated stupid.
And there was such a thing; it was the thing you could wrap your hand in, run a car over your hand, and your hand would be unharmed.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 17, 2014, 12:50:03 pm »

((Well, yes, but so would the car. I mean, less than it would be otherwise.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: January 17, 2014, 12:51:07 pm »

And there was such a thing; it was the thing you could wrap your hand in, run a car over your hand, and your hand would be unharmed.))

((Concrete?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: January 17, 2014, 08:36:14 pm »

John eyeballs the table.  Too easy.

"Zero, what is the purpose of this table?  Why does everything feel TOO easy with it?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 17, 2014, 08:57:39 pm »

((Concrete?))
((No, it was some green gel thingy.))
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1103 on: January 17, 2014, 10:11:47 pm »

I KNEW IT! My flame manipulation abilities HAVE been completely redesigned from the ground up, a mere mimicry of the results, not the method, no wonder I'm having so much trouble controlling them. I shouldn't have been able to affect things outside this plane, but these entities are so used to using extra-planar shortcuts...

I should have known from the start, when my connections were severed, when I was able to be burned, when my control was so... loose. I'm no longer tied to my surroundings the way I'm used too, INCLUDING my connection to flame itself. They just gave me a mundane flame manipulation and resistance. A pale mimicry of what once was.

So why the illusion? Am I just a copy of my personality and memories or did they really maim me like this? Do, or did, I scare them? I... I shouldn't anymore.

Is this revenge against one of the others? Are they going to try to use me against them? Do they even exist anymore? Just how much have the entities been lying to me, really?

I need to calm down, I have to focus, to mimic the terrible thing I once was, long long ago. I have to draw on all the ruthlessness I can muster, and let the recoil and loss flow later with Stellar.

I must stride on.

"Damn it. Why... No. He knew the risks, he even insisted on it. I... We... must keep going."
Through interface, to team: <Zech, the parasite, and the host are all dead. Kill the reactor. D, What do we do with the device now?>
Stand clear and await our next instructions.

Through interface, to Stellar: <Is trying to win this game really the right thing to do?>
"I'm not sure. I know it's the best thing for for you but... I don't know. Maybe if things had gone differently... I don't like this. Any of this."
To team through interface: <Great! Too bad about the guy, but glad to hear that the problem's resolved.>

Cut the power!
(On one hand, we lost a team member, on the other hand, Jordan got to prove his point.)
Jordan doesn't look as surprised as he should. Why was he so concerned with one woman? I killed dozens of guards, and they all had families. He didn't care about them. Hell, the self-defense argument doesn't even apply here either, because she was trying to kill us too. Did he fancy her or something? Unlikely.
To Team: <"I expected that would happen. We're lucky that didn't effect us. Let's not have a repeat of that. Keep an eye out everyone, I'll keep watch.">
Keep an eye out for guards. If I see them, kill them.
Ike twists the wires he'd been holding and several cables connected to the top of the reactor disconnect with a show of lightning. The lights flicker for a moment but remain on.
"Reactor offline. Emergency backup generator online." announces the female voice from the speakers.
Your Interfaces blink once green and once orange.
"Objective complete. New objective: Take the Device to the final level."
Your earpieces remain quiet.

Zechariah felt like he was falling through the Medium again, shards of glass and memories from above, falling down with him to the primordial chaos.

Suddenly, he stopped falling, and the air below his feet solidified to form an invisible platform. His view righted itself, and in front of him was Artemis Dimikaelo, smiling.

"So, how did being the hero work out for you? Did you save her, hm? Did everything turn out happy and dandy, where everyone lived and no one dies?"

Artemis cackled, and the air shifted with electric energy and a tinge of amethyst. Zechariah balled his hands into fists, angry that Artemis shot down his efforts.

"I did what I could and I did what I wished. You already know that, that's how I got here in the first place. I told you that the entities are toying with me, pulling me around. Using me, just like Eido Aeterno did. I... I just hope that woman is somewhere safe now, that the entities spared her soul. At least, the others can win now. You know that I don't care about my own survival."

Artemis put a finger up. "You see, that's the kind of thinking that gets people killed. It got you killed, it got her killed, it'll get EVERYONE killed - which is why no one except you thinks like that. Simple evolutionary concepts, hm? Self preservation exists to guarantee the survival of your kind. Looks like you're getting pulled out of the gene loop, haha!

"Maybe if you had a brain, you could've saved yourself. But unfortunately, that did not happen, did it? Now all you have is to wallow in your defeats. Zedekiah was right: you are a selfish, blindsided child, who thinks that the world revolves around himself."
Artemis gave a final smile and dissipated into the darkness. The invisible platform vaporized, and Zechariah fell back through the nothingness again.

Eido, Zechariah thought to himself. I failed to ascend. I failed to go beyond human.

Attempt to reform myself into something more than a simple consciousness.
Nope, doesn't work. You focus so hard you would have probably gone red from the effort, if you had a body, yet nothing happens.

Also, Scion would like to kindly ask your delusions to stop stealing her lines. It's going to start sounding repetitive when she's berating you.
Nah, just kidding.

Coat my foot in that kinetic absorption gel that Billy Mays once advertised and kick one of the crabs off while whacking another one with a plunger!

((Indeed. I do enjoy the fact that while everyone else is doing important mission stuff or experimenting, Alan ends up fighting debris crabs with twin plunger swords on top of a mobile squid raft-throne :P))
((Googled that and man does that guy shout a lot.))

You get an absorption pad. You are trying wedge it on the front of your shoe when the crabs attack.
One manages to jump on your face and pinch you in the nose while the other nibbles at your legs. Ow, that stings!
You manage to throw the one crab off of your face and on to a trip in the void, but kicking the other produces no effect, except pain on your leg when one of the wires the crab is made of goes through your shoe and pierces your toe. Aaaaaouch! Telemarketing lied!
While you're jumping up and down holding your foot, another crab and an orc land on your squid.

"Perhaps, or perhaps your allies will keep you safe."
Victor has moved to the side and is talking to himself. That guy may have gone crazy.

"Okay, Charlie! How have you been? And what have you been up to? And who are you, by the way?"
"Most of me has been fine, working mostly, some explorations here and there. The fact that you probably won the last mission has set my plans back a bit on universe 1058, but nothing I can't handle. As for who I am, that's a very vague question. Perhaps you should tell me who you are so that I know how to answer it."

John eyeballs the table.  Too easy.

"Zero, what is the purpose of this table?  Why does everything feel TOO easy with it?"
"This table is primarily used by the chief engineers of Flagship 2.43 to work on designs in private or in their spare time.

The parameters of this area have been altered to accommodate the entire range of your abilities with minimal effort. Specify an environment for more accurate results."

Peregrine
((Sorry, been busy writing stuff for university.))
...But aren't..
"You're a wolf," Theri said, lowering her guard. "and I'm quite lost, yes. I mean, you -do look like- a wolf and...I'm quite a stranger here, aren't I?

"Erm, thanks for the compliment, sir."
she said as she moved towards the wolf-kin. "Is...there anything about me that you found out?"
Good work, self. Be intentionally vague!

Follow the wolf because I trust him! If any kind of attack happens, go to defense protocol 1:
Raise spear and defend self, but do not attack.

You walk towards the cave, the wolf still talking with that half-amused tone of his.
"I do look like one, don't I? But I'm fairly certain wolves around these parts don't talk. At least not like I do. Besides, when was the last time you saw a wolf looking that nice? Nature seldom is so kind." His appearance is indeed too perfect. His thick black fur is clean, unknotted and shining in the dim light, he seems well fed and with no injuries. An animal that has to survive in the wild would rarely be in such pristine condition.
"But I understand that my appearance might bring you discomfort. It is the right response to a predator, after all. I'll do something about that."

With that, you reach the cave.
"Welcome to my den."
Inside is a small, roughly square room made of rock and dirt. There are two passages leading out of this room, one in the left wall, the other on the right.
At the opposite side of the entrance, there is a decorative arch carved from the rock. Under it is a red fire, floating inside a glass dome, the same fire that is illuminating this room. Above the arch are the crude carvings of the sun and the moon.
In a corner near the entrance lays a pack of wolves. They perk up when the one you're following enters, wagging their tails a bit. They give you some wary looks.

"Make yourself comfortable. I will just take a moment to change. I will answer your other question when I get back." he says as he disappears inside the right passage. "I find modesty unnecessary but I have come to understand people like others to follow certain rules." he shouts from the other room.

The wolves, seeing that their alpha doesn't regard you as a threat, get back to what they were doing. Mainly dozing in their corner or playing with their mother's tail in the case of two pups.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:27:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 17, 2014, 10:17:20 pm »

AAAOOOUUCH

Try to Alan Ro Dah them crabs away from me!
Sig! Onol

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 17, 2014, 10:26:49 pm »

Bryan shrugs, he didn't really mind of someone wanted solitude.
Go sit somewhere peaceful by the waterfall.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 17, 2014, 10:55:03 pm »

Go over to the device and see about moving it to the elevator yet again. Also, look for how the device is supposed to be used to stab whatever is waiting for us in the next room.

"What does D want us to do? I don't have an earpiece remember?"
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 11:07:30 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 17, 2014, 11:34:33 pm »

Meh, Zechariah's been put down his whole life. A little similarity between two living beings' comments towards him makes little difference.

Focus even more. I can't seriously be stuck in limbo, permanently. Not yet.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 18, 2014, 02:00:09 am »

"Wait, we won the last mission? Why is that bad?

"Oh. Um. I'm Angel Beatrice Carlson. I'm from Ely--that's in Nevada--and I'm only five, but I'm in first grade, and I got some powers that're variable and kinda random and a little weird sometimes, like when I got the ability to make hair armor on the mission. It didn't help much, the weird synthetic fleshy thing was too strong with its attacks, it just slowed me down. Then it killed me. Well, not the real me...the host d-died..."
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Final Level
« Reply #1109 on: January 18, 2014, 08:34:27 pm »

Go over to the device and see about moving it to the elevator yet again. Also, look for how the device is supposed to be used to stab whatever is waiting for us in the next room.

"What does D want us to do? I don't have an earpiece remember?"
The team gets inside the elevator and start their final descent.
While they go down, the voice in the speakers constantly and repetitively informs them that there is a "Containment breach in Level Minus 1 and 3." and that "Gamma Contingency in effect." and requests that "All personnel, evacuate immediately!"

As the elevator begins slowing down, your Interfaces blink again.
"Objective completed. Listing all remaining non-hidden objectives:
  • Primary Objective: Take the Device to the Heart of the compound and use it.
  • Primary Objective: After the process is complete, take the Device to the Escape Vehicle to the East. The Device MUST LEAVE the research facility. The Escape Vehicle MUST have EXACTLY ONE passenger.
    • Reward: 2 Upgrade Points awarded to all players that participated in the mission.
  • Secondary Objective: Escape the compound alive.
    • Reward: 2 Upgrade Points awarded to each player that has successfully escaped.
Desynchronization will occur after all objectives have been completed or failed."
((Decided to give you two upgrade points instead of one, since that mission lasted longer and was harder than expected.))

The doors of the elevator open revealing a large concrete hallway. There is a very bright light coming from the room on its end, preventing you from seeing what's in there.

Meh, Zechariah's been put down his whole life. A little similarity between two living beings' comments towards him makes little difference.

Focus even more. I can't seriously be stuck in limbo, permanently. Not yet.
Nope. Nada. Nothing. Niente. Niets. Nichts. Nekas. Nichego. Nihil. Nic. Nenio. Nasshingu. Nichoho.

AAAOOOUUCH

Try to Alan Ro Dah them crabs away from me!
No matter how much you shout, the only thing you manage to do is cause the orc to look at you like you're crazy. Not an unreasonable reaction.

Bryan shrugs, he didn't really mind of someone wanted solitude.
Go sit somewhere peaceful by the waterfall.
You lie down against a log near the waterfall and look at the blue sky, the white clouds and the rainbow formed by waterfall's mist.
Aaaahhh... Nothing like a nice waterfall to relax after you've been abducted by alien gods. Those dwarfs sure know what they're doing.

"Wait, we won the last mission? Why is that bad?

"Oh. Um. I'm Angel Beatrice Carlson. I'm from Ely--that's in Nevada--and I'm only five, but I'm in first grade, and I got some powers that're variable and kinda random and a little weird sometimes, like when I got the ability to make hair armor on the mission. It didn't help much, the weird synthetic fleshy thing was too strong with its attacks, it just slowed me down. Then it killed me. Well, not the real me...the host d-died..."
The man continues speaking, sounding a bit more bored and less interested now.
"Yes, unless the others do something stupid. The things you messed with there were my things, in a way. I don't like it when people mess with my stuff."

"In that case, you already chose a name for me, I never knew the place I was born in and it doesn't even exist anymore, I have control of over 100 universes and incredible power with my avatars. I have died about twice, I think? Those were the important times, anyway. A few more if you count not living or not existing as dying."

Peregrine
"Cute little ones. So these are whom you take care of? This is...a nice, quaint place."

Theri moved over towards the others, slowly to..well, show no other harm other than to follow what she knew despite better judgement. "A bit too quaint, maybe? Where are we?"

Inquiry!
"This is the Shrine of the Three. A forgotten place, even I don't really know why it's here. It's not really my home, I just promised the spirit of this place that I'd look after the Shrine in exchange for living here for a few years." he continues speaking from the other room. "You see, I am a traveler, of sorts. I explore the world, see its wonders, learn its stories and most importantly I search for interesting people. And have a bit of fun, of course. The members of this pack were my companions in these woods, my hunting partners during my stay here."
He walks out of the tunnel a different creature. (Do you call them werewolves if they turn into a wolf instead of a human?)
He still has his black fur and amber eyes, but his body is more humanoid now, with hands instead of paws, his legs allowing him to stand upright and his snout slightly smaller, allowing his mouth to move like that of a human's. He's speaking with it now, but his voice sounds much the same. He is wearing dark brown shorts for modesty's sake.
"While I sometimes seek solitude, travelling is best done with the company of others, someone to share the experience with. I would like-..." he pauses mid sentence and shakes his head. "Aaah, but I forget myself, we have not even told each other our names yet. I am River." He extends his hand to you.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:29:40 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 521