Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125987 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Ghost
« Reply #1065 on: January 15, 2014, 12:38:54 pm »

interference? on 'another level?'
'speaking to the ones watching this?'
too bad I have to use the interface for this

Through interface, to Zech, Ike, and Jordan: <We need to take this thing alive if we can. It seems to know about the entities, getting information from it could be more useful to us long-term than finishing the mission at all. in addition to the ethical reason for why saving the host would be a good idea. Jordan, give us some time. only shoot if it gets loose, ok?>
use my flame manipulation to move all fires at the pale-thing's location up and away from her.
normally I can't affect anything that's part of a creature, but since I'm mostly trying to cause interference anyway and it seems to exist on another plane, I might be able to affect it and the host should be safe from my abilities. it's not like there's any actual fire there after all.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 15, 2014, 12:58:59 pm »

<"Oh for... It's not going to work with us! I don't get why you guys are attaching so much importance to something that's been trying to kill us since it got here!">

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 15, 2014, 01:08:32 pm »

Through interface, to Zech, Ike, and Jordan: <We need to take this thing alive if we can. It seems to know about the entities, getting information from it could be more useful to us long-term than finishing the mission at all. in addition to the ethical reason for why saving the host would be a good idea. Jordan, give us some time. only shoot if it gets loose, ok?>

Through interface, to Irene: <Wait, it's talking to you? Really?>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 15, 2014, 01:28:52 pm »

<"Oh for... It's not going to work with us! I don't get why you guys are attaching so much importance to something that's been trying to kill us since it got here!">
Through interface, to Jordan alone: <Angel wasn't the one that got the director to tell us his passcode.>
If anyone will understand the implications of that, Jordan will. It's not exactly subtle after all.
Through interface, to Irene: <Wait, it's talking to you? Really?>
Through interface, to Ike: <Yes, it is, and its host is calling for help at the same time.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 15, 2014, 01:55:12 pm »

Summon twin plungerswords and head into battle!
((How are plungerswords common household objects?))

((You have no one but yourself to blame.))
"Um...Charlie?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 15, 2014, 01:55:44 pm »

Through interface, to Ike: <Yes, it is, and its host is calling for help at the same time.>

To Irene: <Host? It's some kind of parasite? What's it like? And who's the host?>

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 15, 2014, 02:30:21 pm »

Interface, All: <Thank you Irine. Jordan, SHE will work with us. Not the monster. We just need to free her, please. Ike, I'm not sure what that parasite is. I can't tell if it's artificial or nature's work, but that white material thing is the one that wants to kill us. The girl inside is the host. She's being trapped by the parasite. We need to get her out.

And Jordan... If you knew what my alter-ego did, you would shoot me instead, because whatever this parasite can do is a thousand times weaker than what Artemis did.>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 15, 2014, 02:32:02 pm »

<"Artemis isn't a threat to me right now.">

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 15, 2014, 02:44:01 pm »

Interface, Jordan: <Actually, I have no idea where the real Artemis is right now. He very well may be destroying the fabric of reality as we speak, but let's save that for later. This girl isn't a threat though, the parasite is, and I'm not letting you kill her. Once we take out the parasite, you can go to town on it. Not the girl though.>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 15, 2014, 02:48:51 pm »

Interface, All: <Thank you Irine. Jordan, SHE will work with us. Not the monster. We just need to free her, please. Ike, I'm not sure what that parasite is. I can't tell if it's artificial or nature's work, but that white material thing is the one that wants to kill us. The girl inside is the host. She's being trapped by the parasite. We need to get her out.

And Jordan... If you knew what my alter-ego did, you would shoot me instead, because whatever this parasite can do is a thousand times weaker than what Artemis did.>

Through interface to Zech: <Huh. So I gather from this that there's a pretty girl you want to save like the handsome prince you are, and some kind of evil mind control parasite as well. Any clue on what the parasite is?>

<Also, you might want to consider that even if you save the girl, she probably has fewer chances of making it out of here than you do, and those are some of the slimmest chances I've seen lately, that's for sure. She was shot in the head, for Pete's sake. And bleeding all over the place, too. And there's currently soldiers converging on our location, apparently. Should they locate her, they'll probably just shoot her dead and/or dissect her for fun and research. These are Soviets, you must remember.>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 15, 2014, 02:52:21 pm »

<"Really, it'd be more merciful to kill her then let her be tortured to death by state scientists.">

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 15, 2014, 03:03:07 pm »

Zechariah would've facepalmed if he didn't have to concentrate on communicate with the humanoid pair.

Interface, Ike and Jordan: <One, I already have another person I'm with. Two, I neither handsome enough to pass a beauty test nor bloody enough to count as a war hero, so I lose on both accounts. Three, this woman could have information that we could so direly use. But my motivation here is that I don't want people to die when I have a chance to do something. This parasite apparently thinks it's purging its world, and by purging I mean killing us. Just let me do my work, please. I WILL get her out of here alive.>

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 15, 2014, 03:05:53 pm »

Summon twin plungerswords and head into battle!
((How are plungerswords common household objects?))

((You have no one but yourself to blame.))
"Um...Charlie?"
((Plungers. Use them as swords.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 15, 2014, 03:13:29 pm »

To Irene: <Host? It's some kind of parasite? What's it like? And who's the host?>
through interface, to Ike, Jordan, and Zech: <It appears to be a programmed terraformer, and it has some kind of connection to the entities. It seems to be possessing a host similarly to how we are possessing ours. The host sounds female, and it may have once been human, maybe not. Not enough information to tell. She hasn't told us her name, but the parasite has identified itself as 'the Core of the Colony Ship "The Ambassador of Change".' It has referred to itself as the Guardian of this world. I believe it has useful information and want to question it. Jordan wants to just shoot it. The parasite has identified itself as hostile, the host is pleading for help, and has specifically said that she does not want to die.>

((It's somewhat amusing keeping track of who is hearing what since we're all going with telepathic specific-target conversations.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 15, 2014, 03:24:22 pm »

Zechariah would've facepalmed if he didn't have to concentrate on communicate with the humanoid pair.

Interface, Ike and Jordan: <One, I already have another person I'm with. Two, I neither handsome enough to pass a beauty test nor bloody enough to count as a war hero, so I lose on both accounts. Three, this woman could have information that we could so direly use. But my motivation here is that I don't want people to die when I have a chance to do something. This parasite apparently thinks it's purging its world, and by purging I mean killing us. Just let me do my work, please. I WILL get her out of here alive.>

through interface, to Ike, Jordan, and Zech: <It appears to be a programmed terraformer, and it has some kind of connection to the entities. It seems to be possessing a host similarly to how we are possessing ours. The host sounds female, and it may have once been human, maybe not. Not enough information to tell. She hasn't told us her name, but the parasite has identified itself as 'the Core of the Colony Ship "The Ambassador of Change".' It has referred to itself as the Guardian of this world. I believe it has useful information and want to question it. Jordan wants to just shoot it. The parasite has identified itself as hostile, the host is pleading for help, and has specifically said that she does not want to die.>

((It's somewhat amusing keeping track of who is hearing what since we're all going with telepathic specific-target conversations.))
<"Who wants to die? Anyway, I know it wants to purge the world, Zech, don't treat me like a child. We have to put our priorities on our own survival. Even if you manage to rescue her like a heroic white knight, she could get killed as soon as we leave the mission considering she's in the middle of a secret base. By our hosts, even. We are controlling the bodies of spies, remember, and to them they are seeing a hostile target. Which they should. And if she doesn't get cured, then the parasite will stop at nothing to murder each and every one of us. So, at best it's a pointless act of mercy which will be very quickly nullified or it's a tactically dangerous situation. You want to be a hero? Play Mass Effect or some shit, but don't try and put it in action because in the real world, everyone dies one way or another.">
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 521