Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125220 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Random.org hates Xantalos
« Reply #495 on: December 01, 2013, 12:52:41 pm »

"Oh for God's sake, stop setting stuff on fire! That is doing the exact opposite of helping. Put that fire out now."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 01, 2013, 12:57:57 pm »

"I have to agree. It's a bit uncomfortable having to dodge around you at all times, lady."

Once everyone's in, move down, if that is what we were supposed to do! Push button if necessary.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 01, 2013, 02:02:46 pm »

Just keep healing, just keep healing...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #498 on: December 01, 2013, 02:14:24 pm »

((The group carrying Angel is on the other side of the wall of boxes and cookware and a considerable distance away. The elevator team isn't in any danger yet.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 01, 2013, 02:18:35 pm »

(But I thought you said they were running right at the elevator?)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 01, 2013, 02:26:33 pm »

((One-foot diameter IS huge from my perspective, but from a human perspective it shouldn't be all that big. Since I'm the only one of us with full mobility, it should be pretty easy for me to keep my distance from the others. Where is the hazard coming from?))
"Oh for God's sake, stop setting stuff on fire! That is doing the exact opposite of helping. Put that fire out now."
To Teammates: <Nope.>
send four of the five spheres back behind us and use them to form a final firewall blocking pursuit, have the final sphere float directly above me and continue on to the elevator.
To Teammates: <You going to do something useful like help our wounded to the elevator or just stand there and provide commentary?>

"I have to agree. It's a bit uncomfortable having to dodge around you at all times, lady."
((Have you forgotten where you are relative to me? you haven't had to dodge around me even once.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 01, 2013, 02:30:16 pm »

(Generally having fires in a highly flammable environment causes fires.)

"I'll do that when you start doing that and not setting fire to things."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #502 on: December 01, 2013, 02:31:46 pm »

(But I thought you said they were running right at the elevator?)
They're inside the elevator hallway, the same hallway you're in and they're moving towards the elevator. But that hallway runs through the entire building, so it's very big.

Have I made some mistake in the wording of the turn or was it just too vague? Please tell me, since I'm trying to improve.
((One-foot diameter IS huge from my perspective, but from a human perspective it shouldn't be all that big. Since I'm the only one of us with full mobility, it should be pretty easy for me to keep my distance from the others. Where is the hazard coming from?))
To Teammates: <Nope.>
send four of the five spheres back behind us and use them to form a final firewall blocking pursuit, have the final sphere float directly above me and continue on to the elevator.
To Teammates: <You going to do something useful like help our wounded to the elevator or just stand there and provide commentary?>

((Have you forgotten where you are relative to me? you haven't had to dodge around me even once.))
((Rolled a 6, got bigger balls. You being small and further away gave you a bonus in the followup roll, making it almost impossible for you to hurt them.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 01, 2013, 02:42:32 pm »

((Rolled a 6...
((Irine is so very sick of her current inability to control her flames properly.))
(Generally having fires in a highly flammable environment causes fires.)
((concrete building, the environment isn't all that flammable.))
"I'll do that when you start doing that and not setting fire to things."
To Teammates: <Size matters! What do you think I can do like this, bite them to make them go faster? I can't carry people over ten times my size! Get your lazy ass over here and do something worthwhile! or do you want me to provide some burning motivation for you?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 01, 2013, 02:49:38 pm »

(Boxes are. As judging by the post.)
"Well, I'd rather not burn alive. Judging by your general competence at flame-related subjects, trying not to burn stuff causes stuff to burn and burning stuff causes stuff to not burn..."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 01, 2013, 02:51:12 pm »

<Please don't argue. Please just do your jobs. Please.>
That was the best Zechariah could manage under the pressure. He swore he saw Artemis strolling around at the end of the corridor. Grinning at him. Calling him worthless. Calling him:
"Pathetic, Zechariah. Simply pathetic."

There were few things in the world that really angered him like Artemis did. Now, he was angry. Very, very angry, at Artemis.
He had to get this done. He couldn't let Artemis win.
Not now, not ever.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 01, 2013, 02:53:58 pm »

To Teammates: <Then get over here! These three need help and I can't provide it! All I can do is buy us time by blocking the people chasing us with those fires you're complaining about!>
((How big are my spheres if they're larger than 1-foot diameter?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #507 on: December 01, 2013, 03:05:16 pm »

((Rolled a 6...
((Irine is so very sick of her current inability to control her flames properly.))
((Hey, that's the point of the upgrade system you haven't seen yet. You "win" a mission, you can make your powers and yourself better. And isn't that the whole premise of RTDs? "Roll 1,2 or 6 and you and/or your friends are likely to have trouble. Roll 4 or 5 and you're mostly OK."
(Boxes are. As judging by the post.)
"Well, I'd rather not burn alive. Judging by your general competence at flame-related subjects, trying not to burn stuff causes stuff to burn and burning stuff causes stuff to not burn..."
I like how there are a bunch of angry guards and recently arriving reinforcements after them (you can't see them, but you do know about them) and all Jordan cares about is some fire a very large distance away from him. Although, considering that fire has actually been more dangerous to the team than bullets so far, he might not be completely paranoid...

Anyway, there are boxes, but they are only few and not that closely packed together. And they're far away from you, since the ones close to the elevator were used for the wall.
To Teammates: <Then get over here! These three need help and I can't provide it! All I can do is buy us time by blocking the people chasing us with those fires you're complaining about!>
((How big are my spheres if they're larger than 1-foot diameter?))
About 60 cm = approximately 2 feet))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 01, 2013, 03:09:12 pm »

(Jordan can handle guards. Handling fire is not his forté. Anyway, how long would it take me to get to them?)
"I thought you were a shapeshifter? Can't you just shift into being a human and then just help them? You seem to be kinda shooting yourself in the foot."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #509 on: December 01, 2013, 03:11:43 pm »

(Jordan can handle guards. Handling fire is not his forté. Anyway, how long would it take me to get to them?)
((You can get there in about 30 seconds, halfway through the turn in game terms unless something that requires your input happens. I try to make turns about a minute long.))
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 521