Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124664 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Random.org hates Xantalos
« Reply #510 on: December 01, 2013, 03:14:34 pm »

(Boxes are. As judging by the post.)
"Well, I'd rather not burn alive. Judging by your general competence at flame-related subjects, trying not to burn stuff causes stuff to burn and burning stuff causes stuff to not burn..."
Angel moans, as if in response.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 01, 2013, 03:16:53 pm »

(But, wait, I thought they were extremely far away, yet I can get there in thirty seconds?)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 01, 2013, 03:17:36 pm »

To Jordan: <My abilities are going haywire, changing to a fox nearly killed me. I'm scared to change back.>
((30 seconds? our wounded are moving really fast then. I was expecting him to only take like eight, but need the rest of the turn to help them move.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 01, 2013, 03:19:26 pm »

(But, wait, I thought they were extremely far away, yet I can get there in thirty seconds?)
((Running: Call it 10 kph, or 10,000 m/h, or 167 m/min, or almost 3 m/s. Over 30 seconds, that's more than 80 meters. Even walking, you could go over 40 meters in 30 seconds.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #514 on: December 01, 2013, 03:43:22 pm »

((Let's see... Let's say the wounded are moving at 2 meters/second and you can move at about 6 meters/second if you move full speed, nothing held back. If we name vF your speed, vw their speed, t the time and x the distance, then it's x=vF*t+vw*t=(6+2)*meters/second*30 seconds=240 meters the distance between you two. I may have made some mistake with the average human running speed or maybe the wounded are moving too fast, but even if it's 100 meters, it's still a big distance.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 01, 2013, 04:02:04 pm »

((Oh. My mistake. I thought she was in the elevator already. This sometimes happens to me.))

"Wait, wait. Never mind. I forgot where I was, sorry. Carry on, fire-creature."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 01, 2013, 04:40:18 pm »

Just freeze the fires that may hurt us and get on the lift
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 01, 2013, 04:55:35 pm »

((Ahahaha I have no idea what's going on.))
((And yeah the power switch is good with me.))

OH GOD FIRE

Garden hoses! Garden hoses EVERYWHERE.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 01, 2013, 04:59:19 pm »

Mount gun, guard, get on elevator when it's time to go.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 01, 2013, 05:08:23 pm »

"Christ, fine, see you in a minute."
Extremely begrudgingly run to them and help with the wounded.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Got to da choppa
« Reply #520 on: December 02, 2013, 08:29:30 am »

Just keep healing, just keep healing...
When life gets you burnt in the face you know what you gotta do? Just keep healing, just keep healing, just keep healing healing healing. What do we do? We heal. Oh ho oh! I love to heal. Heal and-

Oh, look, you're awake! You can feel someone carrying you, you can hear muffled bangs and you can see a beautiful white blur. Terrific!
To Teammates: <Nope.>
send four of the five spheres back behind us and use them to form a final firewall blocking pursuit, have the final sphere float directly above me and continue on to the elevator.
To Teammates: <You going to do something useful like help our wounded to the elevator or just stand there and provide commentary?>
You push your power to the limits and manage to form a wall of fire on the hallway. There isn't much to burn there besides the boxes however, so the fire won't last after you get out of range.
((Not unless you want to try maintaining it with range penalties that is.))
That done, you leg it to the elevator.
Just freeze the fires that may hurt us and get on the lift
Surprisingly, none of you are in any danger of being horribly burnt by your pyrokinetic. So you just keep carrying your teammate. Said teammates feels a lot less limp all of a sudden.
mostly alive!
And let's hope we stay that way.

Almost there! Keep going. It can't be that much more.
Funny you should say that...
You keep going, but you're feeling really really weak. You feel like you could collapse at any moment.

"I have to agree. It's a bit uncomfortable having to dodge around you at all times, lady."

Once everyone's in, move down, if that is what we were supposed to do! Push button if necessary.
You keep waiting near the elevator controls, tapping your foot impatiently. Being the pilot of da choppa feels a lot less exciting when the people are still getting to it.
((Ahahaha I have no idea what's going on.))
((And yeah the power switch is good with me.))

OH GOD FIRE

Garden hoses! Garden hoses EVERYWHERE.
You summon enough garden hoses to cater the needs of an entire suburb. For what reason, nobody knows. By the time you finish, the ground looks like it's covered by moist green snakes.
Mount gun, guard, get on elevator when it's time to go.
You get on your gun and get ready to defend. If this was a movie, you'd be the guy on the chaingun of da choppa.
"Christ, fine, see you in a minute."
Extremely begrudgingly run to them and help with the wounded.
*grumble* running towards the group *grumble* going to help those idiots *grumble* moving towards fires *grumble*

Everyone
The group carrying Angel continues moving towards the elevator. About halfway there, Jordan catches up with them. As he moves to help them carry Angel however, Zach collapses and lies there unconscious. Jordan mutters something (probably some complaint about his teammate's competency) and carries Zach instead.

John can catch glimpses people in urban camo moving near the end of the hallway, but they're too far away and too obscured by boxes and smoke for him to bother shooting at them. After a while, he notices steam joining the smoke coming from the doorway his allies used to enter the hallway. Any moment now...
The moment he spots two guards exiting the door, he begins firing. The gun fires with one hell of a kickback, making him glad he set it up on a tripod. He hits one guard in the leg and another in the arm, the high caliber bullets nearly cutting the limbs off and making large holes in the wall and floor. Before he can continue firing, his weapon jams. A bullet casing has become stuck on the bolt, preventing it from closing.
John's in the middle of unjamming it, fiddling with the bolt handle, when he is distracted by the sound of gunfire. Two more guards have come out the door and are shooting at him with their pistols, although at this distance and with the smoke partially obscuring him from sight they're hitting nothing but air and the wall of cookware. The more concerning thing he notices is that the Director is also there and is pointing a... thing that's glowing red at him. Something in his gut tells John that this is not a good thing, so he rolls to the side and off the wall of cookware. True enough he notices a distortion in the air where he used to lie, followed by a lightning bolt that hits his HMG, causing the ammo box to explode like a grenade.
Miraculously, even though the universe rolled for each of them, neither John nor his allies got seriously hurt by the explosion, the worse injury being a flesh wound incurred by John.

((Since nobody got seriously hurt, I'm just going to extend this turn to 1.5 minutes and have you all go to the elevator, assuming you do roughly the same actions. Hope it's OK.))
Everybody
Irene continues putting things on fire as she moves, causing more smoke to rise and obscure her teammates from sight as they move towards the elevator.
John gets his AK out and begins firing to provide covering fire for his teammates. He doesn't hit anybody but he manages to distract them long enough for his teammates to climb to the other side of the wall.
The group carrying the wounded safe on the other side of the wall, everybody hurriedly enters (or is dragged to) the elevator, the sounds of bullets hitting the wall of cookware following behind them. Ike pushes the button with an arrow pointing down. The doors close and the elevator begins slowly moving downwards.
"Well, that was certainly... interesting."

Everybody
So, to recap: Everybody is in the elevator that is very slowly going down.
Eria is a lizardwoman that can generate ice out of her hands and shoot that ice. She has a burnt and useless right arm but is in no danger of dying from that wound anytime soon. She's wearing black clothes and carrying a silenced pistol and some bolt cutters.
Jordan is good at combat. He has no wounds other than something minor ins his left arm that he has bandaged. He's wearing guard clothes and carrying a silenced pistol along with some 2 spare pistol mags.
Irene is a pyrokinetic three tailed fox. She doesn't have any major wounds. She has no equipment to speak of and is "carrying" a 2 foot orb of flame with her.
Ike has enhanced senses. He has no major wounds. He is wearing black clothes and carrying a silenced pistol.
John can summon parts and have them assemble into devices. He has no major wounds. He is wearing black clothes and is carrying a silenced pistol, an AK, a shoddy looking incendiary rocket launcher and some door breaching explosives.
Zechariah has control over shadow and natural light. He is unconscious, wounded in the leg and in very bad shape. He is wearing blood soaked guard clothes and is carrying his staff, a silenced pistol, 2 spare pistol mags, a keycard and a radio.
Angel gets the powers she wants and needs. Her upper body has been severely burnt, but she's healing and can walk, if someone helps guide her. She's wearing a burnt janitor's outfit and is carrying a knife, a thing that looks like a detonator and some ball bearings.
Alan can summon common household objects and launch them out of his hands. He has no major wounds. He wears glue-covered black clothes and is carrying a silenced pistol (and some of the crap he summoned if he wants to have picked them up).

((That was long. This level was... enlightening. I'll try to do things a bit differently in the next level, hopefully making things a bit better...
So, how is this RTD looking to you so far? Any complaints/suggestions/questions?))
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:32:16 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 02, 2013, 09:01:49 am »

((you're doing pretty awesome in my opinion))
while panting in one corner of the elevator, looking at all the hurt people around me, with an oversized orb of fire above me ready to hurt even more people, all for the amusement of some interuniversal jerks, with my very existance at stake, and no end in sight, and no explanation about what I'm supposed to do next, with my own body acting crazy, and my abilities going totally haywire, and...
Through interface, to Teammates + Entities: <So. What. Now?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 02, 2013, 09:18:19 am »

Just keep healing, just keep healing...
When life gets you burnt in the face you know what you gotta do? Just keep healing, just keep healing, just keep healing healing healing. What do we do? We heal. Oh ho oh! I love to heal. Heal and-
((Huh? I was thinking more Finding Nemo. What was that?))

((That was long. This level was... enlightening. I'll try to do things a bit differently in the next level, hopefully making things a bit better...
So, how is this RTD looking to you so far? Any complaints/suggestions/questions?))
((So far so good.))

"Ugh...what's going on?"
Continue healing.
Sig

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 02, 2013, 09:47:07 am »

(I'd recommend giving an idea of where everyone in the posts is. At many points I was confused as to whether or not I could see the approaching teammates or if they were really far away.)
Jordan lay against the wall and sighed. "Okay, guys, next time... let's try to communicate more. And not set shit on fire that inevitably gets out of control and gets the authorities down on us."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 02, 2013, 09:49:10 am »

(I'd recommend giving an idea of where everyone in the posts is. At many points I was confused as to whether or not I could see the approaching teammates or if they were really far away.)
Jordan lay against the wall and sighed. "Okay, guys, next time... let's try to communicate more. And not set shit on fire that inevitably gets out of control and gets the authorities down on us."
To teammates: <Fire isn't what got the guards to come after us, kidnapping the director and ripping limbs off of nearby civilians while we did it is what did that.>
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 521