Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126207 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Fort Cookware
« Reply #390 on: November 24, 2013, 10:51:29 am »

((The way you said it makes it sound like my superpower is...the ability to stay in one place unless moved. I got inertia, and not even super-inertia!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 24, 2013, 12:07:52 pm »

John looks at the rocket launcher.  Eh... good enough.  Too bad he appeared to be partnered with a loony.  "Now I just need something to shoot."

Make some incendiary rockets to go with.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 24, 2013, 12:20:15 pm »

<Okay. Transmitter device... thingy... where do we go now?>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 24, 2013, 12:27:31 pm »

"Got it. Glad to help, for what it's worth."

Get into the comm room, then INTERFACE, as that is what I was supposed to do, apparently.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 24, 2013, 03:24:36 pm »

And now for the finishing touch.

Summon large amounts of superglue. Apply liberally to wall.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #395 on: November 24, 2013, 04:10:54 pm »

<Okay. Transmitter device... thingy... where do we go now?>
((See the "map" I posted this turn? You're on that stairwell in the south. You need to get to that elevator in the northwest. I just stopped you to keep everyone roughly at the same time.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 24, 2013, 04:40:38 pm »

Get to the elevator. Shoot out the lights and use the shadows to conceal us if necessary.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 24, 2013, 05:49:54 pm »

Keep an eye out for guards.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 25, 2013, 03:05:35 am »

try not to make eye contract
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 25, 2013, 03:39:55 am »

To Angel: <Angel, calm down. Say 'Could you tell me how to get out of here?'.>
Calm Angel down and talk her through asking for directions. simultaneously make the fire these guards are fighting rapidly grow out of control so they are distracted and have bigger problems than weird girl and her pet fox. try to keep my tails tightly together, so they look like just one really big tail. as soon as we have an excuse to leave, tell Angel to do so.

If the guards try to capture her:
To Angel: <just surrender, you need medical help and they'll keep you alive for questioning. we'll rescue you soon.>
as I hop down from her and run for the elevator, using the flames left here to form a barrier blocking pursuit.

If the guards attack, move the nearby flame to engulf their heads.

((When all you have is a hammer...))

((GWG, your power is to project illusions of yourself at locations you've recently been, and to teleport to those illusion's positions.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 25, 2013, 09:42:59 am »

((GWG, your power is to project illusions of yourself at locations you've recently been, and to teleport to those illusion's positions.))
((Ah. You know, since I explicitly stated that one of Angel's powers was knowing what powers she had, that could have been put a lot more clearly.))

<Alright...>
Wimp.

[2v1]

"Um...Could you t-tell me how to get out of here? Please?"

If the guards try to capture me, surrender and hope for the best.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #401 on: November 25, 2013, 02:38:06 pm »

Make some incendiary rockets to go with.
You get the parts for an incendiary rocket. Highly flammable chemicals, along with a small explosive for dispersal and a low tech detonator. It looks like something from World War 2, but at least it's more high tech than your rocket launcher made of plumbing. You push it in the rocket launcher and it locks in place with a click. How convenient.
And now for the finishing touch.
Summon large amounts of superglue. Apply liberally to wall.
You summon large amounts of superglue all right. The problem is it all falls on top of you.
After some thrashing about, you manage to get out of the glob, completely ruining it in the process.
Well, at least you didn't drown in glue. That would be a strange way to die. You just got a headache from that glue smell.

"Ever watched Laurel and Hardy?" says the entity to John and Alan. "Cause you two remind me of them. And not only because of your looks."
try not to make eye contract
You sit in a corner and avoid eye contact.
One of your teammates almost drowned in the glue he just summoned and the other just summoned the parts for a rocket for his shoddy looking rocket launcher and had them assemble into a rocket. Those summoners are always getting themselves into trouble.

Two new people arrive, teammates as you can tell by their Interface, wearing guard uniforms. One of them is wounded in the leg and is using a wooden staff with an aqua crystal on top as a walking stick.

Get to the elevator. Shoot out the lights and use the shadows to conceal us if necessary.
Well, that hallway is looking very empty right now and there are lots of lights, so I'll leave you a turn to decide if you want to spend ammo on that.
Keep an eye out for guards.
Jordan and Zach get to the elevator, no problems encountered. There's a guy with a rocket launcher made of pipes, a guy that just got out of a glob of glue and a blue lizardperson, all wearing black clothes and an Interface that identifies them as teammates. There's also a wall made of boxes and cookware errected in the south corridor.

The palm scanner near the elevator is blinking expectantly.

"Got it. Glad to help, for what it's worth."

Get into the comm room, then INTERFACE, as that is what I was supposed to do, apparently.
INTERFACING! BZZZT!
"Good to hear that mate. If we're lucky, next time I'll get to choose the challenge. Take us somewhere a bit more fun then here, you know?"
After entering a few commands in one of the computers inside the room, all the screens go black for a few moments before coming back online.
"Well, that's done. Head down to the elevator. Quickest route there is through the main security room, but there was a single guard left alive there last time I checked. You could also search for an alternate entrance, try to punch through the walls in the elevator shaft (if you've suddenly developed superstrength in the last few minutes) or go through a window."
"Incoming image."
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

To Angel: <Angel, calm down. Say 'Could you tell me how to get out of here?'.>
Calm Angel down and talk her through asking for directions. simultaneously make the fire these guards are fighting rapidly grow out of control so they are distracted and have bigger problems than weird girl and her pet fox. try to keep my tails tightly together, so they look like just one really big tail. as soon as we have an excuse to leave, tell Angel to do so.

If the guards try to capture her:
To Angel: <just surrender, you need medical help and they'll keep you alive for questioning. we'll rescue you soon.>
as I hop down from her and run for the elevator, using the flames left here to form a barrier blocking pursuit.

If the guards attack, move the nearby flame to engulf their heads.
<Alright...>
Wimp.

[2v1]

"Um...Could you t-tell me how to get out of here? Please?"

If the guards try to capture me, surrender and hope for the best.
The guards, after looking at you in surprise for a few moments, drop their hose and pull out their pistols and point them at you.
"D-Don't move! Stay there!" one of them says, still surprised by your sudden appearance.
They begin approaching, but by that time Irene has manage to use the few remaining embers in the bathroom to revitalize the flame. The bathroom explodes with fire and steam.
The guards look at you and then the fire and then at you again. "Fuck that shit. Watch her, OK?"
Two of them get back on operating the hose while the third keeps his gun pointed at you. "Just stay there! Don't move!" he orders you before speaking to his radio.
"Uhh.. We need help here. We've got... prisoners? Near the west stairwell bathroom."
There is no response. Only static can be heard.
"Their radios are down. A little help from me." the entity tells Angel through the earpiece (because the fox unfortunately has no earpiece).
"Come in! Anyone hear me? We need help here!" he says, looking at you, then the flame, then his radio, then at you again.

((Stopping here since I don't know what exactly you want to do. You wanna try and escape, run towards the elevator? Teleport away? Switch to some kind of healing power? Help the guards? Surrender? Attack?
I can do a miniturn just for you two when you decide, since your "time" was less than the other's this turn.))

Everyone
"Okay lads, just intercepted a transmission, thanks to the work of my contestant."
"Don't brag."
"Saying the truth isn't bragging. You've got about 3-4 minutes before a first response team gets here. Better be inside that elevator before then, unless you fancy fighting people that have good equipment and training."
"Don't worry about getting out of the building, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 02:58:02 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 25, 2013, 02:53:41 pm »

To Angel: <Are you able to run?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 25, 2013, 02:56:03 pm »

John looks at the encroaching assemblage.  "Where's everyone else?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 25, 2013, 03:59:53 pm »

To Angel: <Are you able to run?>
<I don't think so...>

<Um, alright...You're sure?>
You're being an idiot, you know. They're probably going to kill you. Or worse. You're not getting out without fighting.

[1v5] ((...Well then.))

Drop and replace powers, aiming for some sort of defensive ability, perhaps a personal force field or super durability or something. After examining my abilities, attack the guards in the most efficient way they allow. Possibly just lunging for the guy's gun and taking it from him, if I don't have any combat-worthy powers.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 521