Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125338 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Rec Room Inferno
« Reply #330 on: November 20, 2013, 01:04:38 am »

I don't think a crowbar counts as an appliance, but I can spawn you lockpicks and screwdrivers.

Spawn lockpicks and screwdrivers.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 20, 2013, 01:32:38 am »

((she))
((... I have better ideas, but they rely on knowing what Angel is capable of, which Irine doesn't know. You haven't explained your abilities to her and now is a really bad time to be talking to me.))
((... I change perspectives between third and first person a lot, don't I?))
((however, with your current plan, I think you're about to get shot.))

((How is that entity singing to me? I'm not wearing the earpiece, I'm a fox! it wont fit me!))
Through interface, to the rest of our group: <The alarm is about to be raised, if you can kill their radios, do it right now!>
To Angel: <He still has a guard with him.>
When Angel reaches down for me, hop into her arms. in the meantime continue to help my fire grow.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:37:31 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #332 on: November 20, 2013, 05:43:56 am »

((How is that entity singing to me? I'm not wearing the earpiece, I'm a fox! it wont fit me!))
((I was going for some sort of multiple perspective kinda thing and I was using the singing to show the time. Clearly it didn't work out as I intended.))
((Now I must see your home. You have LOCKPICKS in your home? And you use them to accomplish HOUSEHOLD FUNCTIONS?))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:56:41 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 20, 2013, 06:19:04 am »

I have a large amount of paper clips that I use as lockpicks.
So maybe?
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #334 on: November 20, 2013, 06:58:18 am »

So maybe?
Huh. That actually makes sense.
But what do you expect me to think when you say lockpicks?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 20, 2013, 07:12:24 am »

Eria looked at the wall 'Fuck it'

Climb
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 20, 2013, 10:06:17 am »

So maybe?
Huh. That actually makes sense.
But what do you expect me to think when you say lockpicks?
*shrug*
Your interpretation is the ultimate.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 20, 2013, 12:14:51 pm »

Who doesn't have a torsion wrench in their toolbox?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 20, 2013, 01:40:51 pm »

"Fucking yeeeeesssssss. Jordan hissed quietly, trying to push down the natural elation of a clean kill. He screamed out "HELP ME!" in a vague imitation of Kozlov's voice (He had only heard one word, and that was "Sir", but it'd have to do). Even if they didn't believe it, they'd investigate. And lead them right into his trap.
Imitate the guard and call out for help. When the others come closer, ambush them as well using either the pistol or the knife, depending on what's convenient. If Zech succeeds, use the dark to my advantage (Try tracking them by sound instead of sight: it isn't as good, but it'd do).

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #339 on: November 20, 2013, 03:02:04 pm »

Through interface, to the rest of our group: <The alarm is about to be raised, if you can kill their radios, do it right now!>
To Angel: <He still has a guard with him.>
When Angel reaches down for me, hop into her arms. in the meantime continue to help my fire grow.
The automatic sprinklers in the Rec Room kick in, but Irene disagrees. The inferno grows ever larger, consuming everything in its path, seemingly unaffected by the water. It explodes outwards, covering the exit of the rec room in flames. The fire in the walls messes with the wiring, short circuiting them or outright melting them, resulting in more lights in the hallways around the Rec room going out.
Grab Irene. Teleport myself, Irene, and the director to some more secure, less on-fire location, teleporting multiple times if needed. Which it probably will be.
Everyone's still watching you, even as you run to your cart, the Director in tow. Everyone watches you as you pick up a red rag- no, a three tailed fox from the cart. Everyone watches you as you begin to shimmer and glow, a small barely visible sphere of blue light forming around you. Everyone watches you as you disappear.
And then a drawback to your current power becomes apparent. Everything in that sphere around you is teleported. And when I say everything, I mean everything. Including part of the floor and the civilians around you.

You instantly reappear about a meter forward, only to disappear again a few milliseconds later, taking a fresh batch of floor and bodyparts with you, the ground you were standing on expanding and breaking apart where it intersected with the one you teleported in.
You jump a few more times, all in a few seconds, trying to make your way to a safe zone the entity gives you, a blocked off stairwell that you could reach with your teleportation, but others couldn't.

Irene looks behind Angel at the burning Rec Room. Her worries about the guard hurting them disappear along with a large part of the guard himself. His hand remains in the Director's shoulder. It's just not attached to anything anymore and spraying blood all over the place.
"Teleportation. That's handy." The entity continues its terrible jokes, mentioning how you could disarm them or make crossing you cost an arm and a leg.
Further back, the scene isn't much better. Many of the civilians are bleeding or dead, others are falling through the hole in the floor and the guards are getting ready to shoot their weapons.

Angel reorients herself and teleports around the corner and the guards disappear from Irene's sight, replaced with a wall riddled with bullets. She finally stops about halfway to the safe-zone, bodyparts falling around her, a pile of rubble appearing beneath her, the floor barely holding together. Her power has stopped working for now. Looks like it needs a few seconds to recharge before she can use another burst.

The Director takes this opportunity to push you away from him. You try to hold on to him but he's too strong. You're pushed to the ground, in pain but mostly unhurt.
"Who are you? Who do you work for?" he asks as he finds his balance and bends down.
You can hear sirens making noise in the background.

John shrugs.  "Screw it.  The other teams have kicked up a big enough ruckus in there that we can just force our way in.  Let's get this lock off."

Main gate it is- break off the lock.  If not possible or unsuccessful, build an explosive device to just blow the gate open, and do so.
I don't think a crowbar counts as an appliance, but I can spawn you lockpicks and screwdrivers.

You park in the loading area, load the Device on its cart along with the AK and make your way to the wicket door of the main gate. Alan offers John some paper clips, but John has a better idea.
He uses the butt of his AK to smash the lock, pushing it out of the door after a great many number of hits and a lot of effort.
The noise would have probably alerted everyone in the hallway, but people are probably more worried about those sirens right now.
Wait, sirens?

Zipline over to the other side, then!
You take your belt off and use it to zipline to the other side. Your belt barely holds, a little more and it would have given out, but it holds, and that's what matters.
As you move, you notice the lights going out and fire erupting in the floor below you. Looks like your teammates are having fun.
You land on the roof and star making your way to your objective. Your senses are telling you there's a single guard in the comm tower's building, shouting to his radio.
He's probably just worried about those sirens.

Bend the shadows to portray the hallway as normal with Jordan and me concealed. If there are lights in the control room, shoot them out also and bend the shadows like with the hallway.
"Fucking yeeeeesssssss. Jordan hissed quietly, trying to push down the natural elation of a clean kill. He screamed out "HELP ME!" in a vague imitation of Kozlov's voice (He had only heard one word, and that was "Sir", but it'd have to do). Even if they didn't believe it, they'd investigate. And lead them right into his trap.
Imitate the guard and call out for help. When the others come closer, ambush them as well using either the pistol or the knife, depending on what's convenient. If Zech succeeds, use the dark to my advantage (Try tracking them by sound instead of sight: it isn't as good, but it'd do).
Zach tries to camouflage himself and Jordan with shadows. Once again, he is unsuccessful.
The plea of help from his teammate however, is very much successful. You can hear the sound of men lifting from their chairs and guns being readied.
"Shit, shit!"
"Get ready."
"Press the alarm."
"We've got trouble at the Main Security Station. Send backup!"
Their voices sound closer to the door now.
Jordan and Zach jump out of cover and begin shooting, the 4 guards stand ready, guns pulled out of holsters and pointed at the door.
Zach seriously wound a wall, a chair and a computer screen, before jumping back into cover, the bullets the guards are firing flying centimeters away from him but missing.
Jordan on the other hand empties his entire clip as he jumps and flies from cover to cover like some kind of movie hero, killing everyone in the room and severely damaging the equipment there.
He is hit in turn however, a bullet ricocheting and hitting him on his left upper arm. The bullet cuts deep but thankfully it doesn't cause serious damage to his muscles or blood vessels. It's still bleeding and hurts like hell though.
The bathroom door bursts open and another guard comes forth to attack you.
He moves too fast for you to react, getting two shots on Zach's leg before you retaliate.
Zach shoots and once again manages to hit anything but the man, his clip now empty.
Jordan, out of ammo, throws his knife at the guard, hitting him near the throat.
The guard manages to squeeze another shot as he collapses, but his limp arm and blurry senses make him shoot himself in the foot. He lays there, gurgling and choking on his own blood for a while, before going silent.
Zach's leg has been hit pretty bad. He's gonna have trouble walking and he's bleeding moderately. It's not life threatening (yet) but it needs some first aid.
You can hear sirens outside. Well, all the guards in this room are either dead or getting there very fast, so it couldn't have been one of them.
((You were incredibly lucky, considering you just attacked a room full of armed guards who were expecting you. And were ambushed by another guard.))

Eria looked at the wall 'Fuck it'
Climb
You try climbing the wall. The smooth wall that just has some tiny cracks into it.
Even with your non-human characteristics it's proving to be a bit hard. You manage to get about halfway up (a good distance all things considered) before loosing your hold and falling.
You fall on the ground awkwardly, hurting your right leg in the process. It hurts like hell right now, but you're pretty sure it isn't broken.
It will make walking very difficult until the pain subsides though.

Everyone
You hear sirens making noise from all over the base. From the speakers, you hear a man saying:
"The base is under attack by unknown forces. All security personnel, get combat ready and go to your designated posts. All civilians are to be treated as dangerous.
All civilians, exit the facility immediately and obey the orders of security personnel to the letter. Use of deadly force has been authorized."

Your Interfaces beep and blink twice, once orange and once red, while saying
"Alert level raised. Guards alerted. They continue to be unaware of your appearance."
"Reinforcements approaching. ETA 5-15 minutes."

"You heard the all powerful being from another universe. Double time ladies. I know dismembering people and blowing stuff up is fun, but you've got no time to waste now."

((Here. Have some music.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 20, 2013, 03:15:48 pm »

((Stealth: the first casualty in every RTD assault.))

John looks at the now-open gate.  "Let's just get in there before it gets worse!"

Get to da choppa elevator.  Shoot hostiles.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 20, 2013, 03:18:11 pm »

Balls.

Run along with guy. Shoot blenders at hostiles.
Sig! Onol

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2013, 03:25:15 pm »

Congratulations, idiot, Zechariah thought to himself, clenching his teeth against the pain. You've just won the award for biggest failure ever. You've also been nominated for a Darwin Award!

He'd gone from single-handedly taking out armies of darkness, to now being incapcitated by human security guards. Meanwhile, Jordan was taking names, killing all of the guards. Zechariah couldn't even manage what he did best, which was summon the shadows to their aid.

Wow, the entities really were going to have a field day with this scene. The interdimensional hero, fighting the pain in his leg, Jordan cleaning up the mess. Maybe this is what they planned. Maybe they restricted his powers.

Or maybe he was just too damn weak.

"Get the stuff from the main guard, Jordan... and switch out your Janitor's jacket for a security guard vest. It'll make my job of concealing us easier, especially with this pain. Try to find a bandage or something." The pain made it hard for him to focus, but whatever. He had a job to do and he couldn't let them both die on his part. He couldn't let the entities win, whether they were from the Medium or not. He had to do this.

Get a guard's vest. Use my staff as a walking stick, and test if my shadow powers still work.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:29:41 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 20, 2013, 04:11:12 pm »

((Welp, I guess we're doing this right here then.))

To Angel: <I'm about to do something really cruel. You should close your eyes.>
Generate a 1-foot floating sphere of flame behind the director's head (one burning one flame generation charge), take a moment to shape it in the vague shape of a human female head, and begin to repeatedly make alarm barks while facing the flame-head. continue to bark throughout the entire rest of my actions. Have a thin tendril of flame reach out, arcing around his head, and melt his left eye before retracting back to the head and having the head float over in front of him to a position a mere two feet from the director's face.
To Angel and the Director: <You are in no position to ask questions. Tell me the Master Pass-code or you'll never see anything ever again.>
If the director refuses, threatens Angel in response, hurts Angel, or tries to run, burn out his other eye and immolate his right leg.
To Angel and the Director: <Don't make me get creative.>
If he continues to resist even after that, for each denial, ignite one of his fingers. alternate hands to maximize pain. tell him exactly what he looks like as his skin melts and blackens throughout this process as a running narrative, punctuated by demands for the Master pass-code. do not include Angel in the running narrative's speech targets - she doesn't need that particular nightmare.

((hopefully he won't realize that I'm the one controling the flame-head.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 20, 2013, 04:28:16 pm »

Eria sighs "Got to be a back way in somewhere."

Go inside the building somehow, even if it a soon to be ex-window.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 521