Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125116 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: First Blood
« Reply #315 on: November 18, 2013, 04:32:10 pm »

((This is...not ideal. Well, I have an idea.))

Wait for powers to charge, then hurry into the room. Figure out which one the director person we need to get is, grab him and say that we need to get out before the fire spreads. Drag him out of the room; once out of sight, grab the cart and start teleporting away, to somewhere I can interrogate him for whatever it is we need.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:03:28 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2013, 04:40:30 pm »

replacing my previous action.
((This is...not ideal. Well, I have an idea.))

Wait for powers to charge, then hurry into the room. Figure out which one the director person we need to get is, grab him and say that we need to get out before the fire spreads. Drag him out of the room; once out of sight, grab Irene and start teleporting away, to somewhere I can interrogate him for whatever it is we need.
Help my wallfire grow until Angel runs inside. once she starts talking about how the fire is going to spread, have my wallfire pop out of an electrical socket in the rec room and help it grow inside the rec room.
Once she starts running towards me, tell her.
To Angel<Leave me and the cart, I'll be ok. You've got him and you've got a knife, go!>
Stay hidden in the rags if she does as I asked or if she decides to take the entire cleaning cart. if she doesn't, then hop into her arm and let her carry me around once she gets close to the cart and reaches for me.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:47:03 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2013, 11:40:47 pm »

((Balls. Toaster, you wanna try to imitate his voice while I conjure up some band aids or something?))

((Yep.))

John looks at the radio a couple seconds, then grabs it.

"All clear here, comrade.  It was a car backfire.  What's this about a fire?"

Attempt to fake the voice.  Distract them with a change of subject.

**Get these bodies inside too- we need to get moving if this works or not.**
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 18, 2013, 11:42:00 pm »

Get the bodies inside and conjure up some first aid kits or bandages or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #319 on: November 19, 2013, 04:52:43 pm »

((Still waiting a while for the team near the main security station and scapheap to post something.
Got the rest of the turn processed.
Note to self: don't split the party.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 19, 2013, 05:58:20 pm »

"Alright, lemme try this. Jordan, get your power ready. I'm going to get my powers up too. I have a plan. This'll take a lot of my energy, but just trust me here."

Zechariah let out a scream for effect, and
Shoot the lights out. All of them. Get ready to use my shadow powers to distort the vision to appears as if the lights are still on and there are dead office workers on the floor, while Zechariah and Jordan are concealed to the guards.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:48:49 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 19, 2013, 06:42:58 pm »

"Er... I don't have a powe--"
Activate adrenaline when the security head goes out to check what all the fuss is about.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #322 on: November 19, 2013, 06:50:34 pm »

((So, to clarify, you're not entering the room and shooting the lights there, you're shooting the lights in the hallway?
EDIT: Nope, never mind, posted before I saw your edit.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 19, 2013, 06:52:37 pm »

((We're still in the hallway, yes, and I assumed the door was locked. This plan still stands, though :P))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #324 on: November 19, 2013, 11:31:59 pm »

((We're still in the hallway, yes, and I assumed the door was locked. This plan still stands, though :P))
((Not much reason to lock a door when you have a high security keycard lock in place that should have prevent unauthorized people from entering. Not to mention that part of the security system is conveniently malfunctioning due to an "accident".

Since your darkness-illusion power don't produce light how are you going to make the hallway look like the lights are on? Are you going to use your light producing power too? Or are you going to use your power in a smart way?

Cause right now I imagine your darkness powers as creating something that looks like a solid. They need light to be reflected off of them.
Do you want them to be some sort of perception-deceiving mist that messes with people's heads instead?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Rec Room Inferno
« Reply #325 on: November 19, 2013, 11:34:27 pm »

Shoot and attach the hook to the ventilation tower, tie the grappling gun end around something steady-looking on my end, like a support pillar. If this works, hold onto the rope and check its ability to hold my weight.
You open the window and prep your shot. Adjust for wind, estimate inclination, rearrange the weight, open valve, release the safety, breath in and.... *click*
The grappling hook is launched with a pop and a hiss, the rope trailing behind it. You manage to get it attached on a pipe near the base of the tower. Perfect shot!
You get the rope taut and tie the other end to a support pillar. You grab it and put your weight on it. Not only it holds, but it doesn't seem to bend much either. Perfect! You could probably just zipline to the other side.

Wait for powers to charge, then hurry into the room. Figure out which one the director person we need to get is, grab him and say that we need to get out before the fire spreads. Drag him out of the room; once out of sight, grab Irene and start teleporting away, to somewhere I can interrogate him for whatever it is we need.
You wait until your powers are fully charged and then enter the room.
Everybody turns to look at you the moment you open the door.
"When I walk in the rec room, this is what I see
Everybody stops and they staring at me..."
the entity begins singing through your earpiece.
They turn back to their whatever-it-is-they're-doing a moment later, seemingly oblivious to what just happened, but they still glance at you from time to time.
You scan the small crowd of office workers for the Director.
You've never seen him before, but the moment you lay eyes on him you can feel recognition and anger from your host.
A tall man. An old man, as you can tell by his white beard and wrinkles. A strong man even, when he was younger. He's standing there, besides a security guard, talking to an office worker.
The entity stops its singing to give you information.
"Now either get his keycard so we can go to his office or the main security station and access the computer there, or interrogate him for his Master Pass-code for the Main Elevator. Your choice, either way works."
You start walking towards him and begin talking to him. The entity resumes his singing a moment later.
"Director, we need to get you out of here. The fire is spreading."
The Director and his guard looks surprised at this.
"What? What are you talking about?"
The guard subtly comes closer to the Director, gets one gun on his shoulder and gets ready to use his gun.
"How did-" The guard is interrupted by the lights flickering.
Help my wallfire grow until Angel runs inside. once she starts talking about how the fire is going to spread, have my wallfire pop out of an electrical socket in the rec room and help it grow inside the rec room.
Once she starts running towards me, tell her.
To Angel<Leave me and the cart, I'll be ok. You've got him and you've got a knife, go!>
Stay hidden in the rags if she does as I asked or if she decides to take the entire cleaning cart. if she doesn't, then hop into her arm and let her carry me around once she gets close to the cart and reaches for me.
Irene focuses on growing the fire in the walls. She's doing it blind, so she just focuses on pushing the fire and making it grow.
"I've got fire in the walls and I'm not afraid to show it, show it, show it..."
It grows like a wave, consuming all plastic and insulation in its path. As if under pressure, the moment it reaches a hole, it erupts outwards.

Inside the Rec room, the lights flicker and go out.
"I'm special and I know it."
Suddenly, fire erupts from a wall socket like lava from a volcano, heating everything around it and spraying molten and burning pieces of plastic everywhere, lighting furniture on fire. People scream as they are struck, their clothes catching on fire.

Angel takes this opportunity to drag the Director away. "Come on, let's go!" she shouts.
The Director follows along bewildered, the guard still following him with one hand on his shoulder, holding the radio to his mouth with the other, screaming about fires and explosions, trying to be heard in the noise of the crowd.
The fire continues to spread and expand, seemingly on its own, erupting from other electrical sockets, junction boxes and lights on the walls.
Angel manages to get the Director outside, running along with a mass of people trying to escape the fire.

The panicking crowd shoves the cleaning cart, toppling it to the side. Thankfully, Irene remains covered by the rags and the cart protects her from being trampled.

((Stopping you here so that you don't get too far ahead of the others, timewise. Feel free to submit the same or new actions.))

John looks at the radio a couple seconds, then grabs it.

"All clear here, comrade.  It was a car backfire.  What's this about a fire?"

Attempt to fake the voice.  Distract them with a change of subject.
Get the bodies inside and conjure up some first aid kits or bandages or something.
(("Uh, we had a slight car backfiring. But, everything's perfectly alright now. We're... fine. We're all fine here now. Thank you. How are you?"))
"You sure? It's just with the fire and everything-" the man stops speaking mid sentence and the transmission stops soon after.
You wait a few seconds, but when no response comes, you decide it's best to just move on to your objectives. You press the button to lift the boom gate and make your way to the car. As you exit the guardhouse, you hear talk about screaming and screaming about explosions. Well, they've clearly got bigger problems than you now.
You make your way to the loading area. It's a wide opening in the side of the building where trucks are supposed to unload their cargo. It looks empty.
There are a lot of creates in the area and a few containers.
There's a gargantuan metal door on your west with a wicket gate built into it. The entity informs you that it leads to the hallway leading to the main elevator where you must bring the Device, your objective.
There's a smaller metal door on your southwest. The entity informs you that it leads to the offices in charge of shipping and maintaining the loading area.
There's a metal door in the north, leading to what the entity calls a "temporary storage area".
There's a large winch-like device suspended from the ceiling that looks capable of moving and lifting containers. The rails it moves on disappear behind the metal door on the west.
To save you the trouble, all the doors are locked, the large one with a keypad and keycard reader, the smaller ones (including the wicket) with regular locks.

Zechariah let out a scream for effect, and
Shoot the lights out. All of them. Get ready to use my shadow powers to distort the vision to appears as if the lights are still on and there are dead office workers on the floor, while Zechariah and Jordan are concealed to the guards.
Activate adrenaline when the security head goes out to check what all the fuss is about.
Zach screams as the man the others address as "Sir" talks in the radio.
He begins shooting the lights, the silencer reducing the gunshots to simple thuds.
"What the hell is going on out there? Kozlov, go check it out!" "Sir" says, as Zach finishes shooting the lights.
Meanwhile, Jordan sets up near the door, ready to ambush whoever comes through it.
The last light is destroyed, plunging the hallway into darkness.

Zach gets his staff out and tries to use his powers to create an illusion, but he just can't muster the focus to do so. All the images come out distorted and wrong. He gives up and and takes position on the other side of the door, staff at the ready.

Who you assume to be Koslov opens the door, just as screams about an explosion begin being heard in the radio. Before he has a chance to react Jordan, in an adrenaline fueled rush grabs him, stabs him in the lung and pulls him to the darkness, holding his hand over his mouth.
"Yes! Quick and efficient, like a predator should be."
"Yeah, yeah. Nice one Mr. Fisher."
You glimpse 3 men in that room, two of them sitting near a radio at the far end of the room with their backs turned on you and another sitting on an office facing you, who is currently looking behind him at the radio. The room has many desks, office chairs, computers and other things you would expect to find in an office.

"Guys what's going on out there?" you hear a voice coming from behind the bathroom door.

((Can't wait forever...))
Eria looks at the wall, unsure of what to do.

((Everybody getting 5s and overshooting this turn. Everybody but Zach. Better than dying, I guess.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 19, 2013, 11:48:23 pm »

((Action negotiable by Lenglon if s/he thinks of something better..))

Grab Irene. Teleport myself, Irene, and the director to some more secure, less on-fire location, teleporting multiple times if needed. Which it probably will be.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 19, 2013, 11:55:04 pm »

((The inter-team communication here is stellar.))

John shrugs.  "Screw it.  The other teams have kicked up a big enough ruckus in there that we can just force our way in.  Let's get this lock off."

Main gate it is- break off the lock.  If not possible or unsuccessful, build an explosive device to just blow the gate open, and do so.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 20, 2013, 12:45:13 am »

Errgghh. He had to focus his mind, he couldn't be thinking about so many things at once. Their lives were at stake here.

Bend the shadows to portray the hallway as normal with Jordan and me concealed. If there are lights in the control room, shoot them out also and bend the shadows like with the hallway.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 20, 2013, 01:02:12 am »

Zipline over to the other side, then!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 521