Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: COHξRξNCξ LξNGTH: A Half-Life-Inspired RTD (Turn Six, Finally; Waitlist Open)  (Read 7107 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

"hmm, not much use, if anything was gong to jump me I would have vied for some... More reactive chemicals."
look at the computer and any files, any experiments at we're going on at the time that could have caused the sidekick activity.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

"hmm, not much use, if anything was gong to jump me I would have vied for some... More reactive chemicals."
look at the computer and any files, any experiments at we're going on at the time that could have caused the sidekick activity.
(More reactive? You'd be surprised what some good acid can do :P)

Being new to this, what is standard RtD etiquette about how much time you should give before TGing stragglers? It's been less than a day since the last turn, but seeing as you three have already posted, and the other turn went by in less than two, I'm not sure how long I should wait before I presume the others have forgotten vs not gotten around to it.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

"This man died when the ceiling collapsed, crushing his skull, by that doesn't change the question, what caused the ceiling to collapse? I'm going to go take a look."
Look for anything I can stack to get up to the roof, then if I find anything, do so.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, you could go on a different version of updating which is if people are alone, you can update separately, or go on the normal idea but let others temporarily take control of the AFK
Person and save time.

Sorry about my lack of knowledge on acids by the way, my science class hasn't covered basic acids yet and most of my knowledge comes from basic understanding and Wikipedia.
Alan help.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Well, you could go on a different version of updating which is if people are alone, you can update separately, or go on the normal idea but let others temporarily take control of the AFK
Person and save time.

Sorry about my lack of knowledge on acids by the way, my science class hasn't covered basic acids yet and most of my knowledge comes from basic understanding and Wikipedia.
You can assume that in a good-sized container's worth of acids and bases, in an unsafe and unethical lab, there will be some things along the line of hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide which can be fun.

Also, formaldehyde is poisonous :P
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mini updates doesn't work when people are coming in later.

Otherwise people end up in multiple time zones and it gets complicated.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

True, that's a problem.
Alan help.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

"Oh son of a cucumber...."

Keep the cellphone anyways just in case. Mourn fallen laptop. Go to the railway station to check if there are anyone.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Turn Two: New Connections

Sector A:

Harvey roots through the weapons locker some more. Once again, he benefits from his knowledge of firearms and how they operate (+1), and manages to find a little emergency ammo stashed away (7+1), in a metal box labeled "EMERGENCY ONLY|HEAVY ORDINANCE". He finds a box of 12 shotgun slugs nd a full magazine of armor-piercing pistol rounds. It looks like most of the hard hitters have already been snatched up by someone else.

He then checks the guard-station security cameras, and finds four appear to be working (9). One shows the level one cafeteria, where two scientists and another guard are hurriedly carting out as much food as possible. Another overlooks the corner of the hallway where Reaney and the dead scientist are. The watches over the level one lobby, including the elevator to the other levels. The fourth peers into a conference room, where four researchers appear to be whispering something to one another.

"This man died when the ceiling collapsed, crushing his skull. But that doesn't change the question what caused the ceiling to collapse? I'm going to take a look."

Callum Reaney attempts to arrange some furniture and storage boxes from the surrounding rooms together. He manages to stack them up to a good six feet before the stack topples (4). He leaps out of the way, but a desk falling from top of his pile crashes through a window looking into the office of "Dr. Miguel de Soto". A few of the glass shards from de Soto's window fly at Reaney's leg, but they only cause a few light cuts.

Sector B:

"Hmm, not much use. If anything was going to jump me I would have vied for some... more reactive chemicals."

Cion Traber starts up the console, and, applying his skill with machines (+1), begins searching through the server files. He eventually finds a folder titled "Sector ☐" - the designation of the sector appears to be displaying incorrectly. Maybe they just didn't put all the Greek letters in their character encoding. Why Greek letters, anyway? Out of curiosity, he clicks to open the folder, which then asks him for a password. After guessing a few times and failing, the monitor displays a "Security Breach" screen and locks out the terminal (4+1).

Administration:

"Oh, son of a cucumber..."

Dr. Brenlyn takes a moment to pause and memorialize his precious electronics, then slides his phone back in his pocket. He heads down a few halls to the train station. He looks around and shouts, "Anyone else alive in here? - although his voice is sort of shaky from his recent ordeal, his leadership abilities give him the confidence to project clearly (+1). Someone yells back to him from a tunnel on the other side of the station, "Hey! Is that that old guy who runs the place?" (1+7). While incensed by his attitude, Brenlyn is happy to find another person alive. He runs around the corner and halts in front of the man. He is tall and lanky, wearing a technician's tool belt and blue shirt, and a nametag giving his name as "Andy Nielsen".

Sector E:

"S&*#." [sic]

Dr. Drake picks up Dr. Benson and trys to find an infirmary. He chances upon a map on the wall, which directs him, conveniently enough, to the main Sector E Medical Center (10), where a few other scientists are already looking over some other injured employees of varying occupations. Drake lays the unconscious scientist on a sterile hospital bed, and another scientist, whose name is obscured, runs over to tend to Benson.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"ahhh, this place, always loving drama and their petty secrecy, looks like I'm not going to be getting anything else out of this, and that's a problem."
look around for emergency weapons, or at least some documents.
Alan help.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

"My name is Dr. Brenlyn, Mr. Nielsen, not old guy who runs the place. So I suppose that you are a technician, then?"

Inquire if the rail system is still operational. Ask him if he knows what happened.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( How far is the caff? It's not on the map. ))

Use the intercom to tell the caf group to head towards us, strength in numbers and all that. Head in the direction of the Caff after doing one last check around the room to check no other weapons or ammo has fallen out of the locker and been covered by debris.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Locate someone who does not look busy.

"Hello. Do yuo have any idea what's going on?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

(( How far is the caff? It's not on the map. ))

Use the intercom to tell the caf group to head towards us, strength in numbers and all that. Head in the direction of the Caff after doing one last check around the room to check no other weapons or ammo has fallen out of the locker and been covered by debris.

The cafeteria is in Sector A. It's just a sub-area, like the security office or office block.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

"Shit! God damn it..."
Try again, look for more furniture to make a more sturdy base.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7