Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: COHξRξNCξ LξNGTH: A Half-Life-Inspired RTD (Turn Six, Finally; Waitlist Open)  (Read 7084 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Welcome to the Gray Area research facility. Here in the unoccupied Nevada desert, we conduct completely ethical (as per secret court ruling in Ralston v. Gray Area Research Inc.) research on a variety of subjects. Standard safety procedures, a part of our comprehensive (as per ruling in Watanabe v. Gray Area Research Inc.) code of scientific ethics, ensure that catastrophic accidents cannot are unlikely to occur despite the mysterious nature of the scientific experiments being worked on here.

If you have come here to apply for a job opening, we are currently seeking qualified candidates to be researchers, security personnel, administrators, and more. Please continue reading if you are interested in a position here.

General Rules:
Spoiler: Rolling Basics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Modifiers (click to show/hide)

Game Setup and Information
Spoiler: The Story (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Facility (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

Gameplay Help
Spoiler: Gameplay (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Example Application (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)

As this is both my first RtD and certifiably rather complicated compared with the standard, I am open to any questions before the beginning of the application process. Particularly feel free to ask about defining the skills; I figured they would be self-explanatory, but if you have a question, please ask. I'd like to keep this slightly dark but also comedic; as part of this, you can, and are encouraged to, push people into the particle beam, among other things.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:24:57 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: COHξRξNCξ LξNGTH: A Half-Life-Inspired RTD
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 05:32:52 pm »

(I played half life 1, made the mistake of putting it on hard and can't figure out where to go after you get to the surface and right back down again, tried half life 2, and it was better, but since all the paths seem like game breaking paths, it always takes me a couple minutes to figure out where to go, irritating, and the combine, pretty much the main enemies, have quite a bad show of progression, for when I first got the revolver, they died from a shot butt now they take two, without any showing when or if them getting more powerful, no denying that the characters are amazing emotionally, with rich backstories and smart lines, and you actually feel like your fighting against a true evil, slowly piecing toghether the present in which you find yourself, good storywise, love the no cutscenes thing, really gives it a sense of you being a real hero, unbound by restrictions.)
Player name:Execute/Dumbo.exe
Name:Cion traber
Class:technician
Personal skill: science
Starting position: sector B
(That right?)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:36:41 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 08:03:14 pm »

RESERVING
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 09:11:46 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Drake (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 11:43:26 am »

Did someone say, Fighter!
Spoiler: Callum Reaney (click to show/hide)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 01:54:31 pm »

Reserved.

(( I loved this series, I'm still hoping a new one is coming. ))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(( Looks like we're gonna be partners Anailater, didn't notice your sheet matched mine till after I made mine :). ))

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 12:01:58 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 02:08:05 pm »

Reserving a spot. Character sheet should be up soonish.

EDIT:

Looks good?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:15:15 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 10:40:48 pm »

(I played half life 1, made the mistake of putting it on hard and can't figure out where to go after you get to the surface and right back down again, tried half life 2, and it was better, but since all the paths seem like game breaking paths, it always takes me a couple minutes to figure out where to go, irritating, and the combine, pretty much the main enemies, have quite a bad show of progression, for when I first got the revolver, they died from a shot butt now they take two, without any showing when or if them getting more powerful, no denying that the characters are amazing emotionally, with rich backstories and smart lines, and you actually feel like your fighting against a true evil, slowly piecing toghether the present in which you find yourself, good storywise, love the no cutscenes thing, really gives it a sense of you being a real hero, unbound by restrictions.)
Player name:Execute/Dumbo.exe
Name:Cion
Class:technician
Personal skill: science
Starting position: sector B
(That right?)
Format's correct, but I'm not so sure about the name. It'll work for now, but this is supposed to be a quasi-realistic setting, and what kind of person names their kid "Cion"?
Reserving a spot. Character sheet should be up soonish.

EDIT:

Looks good?
Looks good. I want to confirm that you know that as a terrorist you won't get to hop in immediately.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 10:52:54 pm »

Oh yeah, I totally know and am fine with that fact. Someone has to run around with an Eastern European accent in this game, so it might as well be me.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 11:00:29 pm »

Oh yeah, I totally know and am fine with that fact. Someone has to run around with an Eastern European accent in this game, so it might as well be me.
Right-o, then.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 11:05:22 pm »

...and what kind of person names their kid "Cion"?
Same kind of person who would name their kid "Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfe­schlegelstein­hausenberger­dorffvo..." or "Ly O" or "Kal-El Cage" (why not name him Luke? Among other things...)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 11:11:04 pm »

...and what kind of person names their kid "Cion"?
Same kind of person who would name their kid "Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfe­schlegelstein­hausenberger­dorffvo..." or "Ly O" or "Kal-El Cage" (why not name him Luke? Among other things...)
You have a point. My real objection is to both unusual and single names. Harvey is acceptable as a real name. If he were "Cion McGenericnamehere", it would be fine. Having both only one name and that name being unusual suggests a science-fiction secret-agent type of deal.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 11:12:02 pm »

Point.
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 11:32:29 pm »

Oh, full name is Harvey Sam Bekter.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 11:37:08 pm »

Sorry about the name, I'm horrible at them and always have.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7