Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58314 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 6) Pick your targets people!
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2013, 06:22:35 pm »

((fair enough, give me a moment while I look over how that changes things. be aware the fog is going to reduce your power over distance.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2013, 06:40:56 pm »

Renard keeps laying on the ground, his hands on the wound.

"Really though, if someone could help me stop bleeding, that would be great."

lay still, staunch bleeding, contemplate getting a deskjob at a temple
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:53:46 am by Pancaek »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2013, 12:19:17 am »

((honestly, the hard part wasn't the rolls. The hard part was arbitrating extremely vague actions. not a single one of you picked a target, Akari's action was as vague as it gets, and Pantagrul left me confused as to what I was supposed to be visualizing, making me go back and re-read his bio and suchlike to try to figure out why you'd get on all fours to run and where that cane came from.))

((My fault on the vagueness, not my character concept and I didn't want to go out of bounds. No vague actions. Got it.

How high up are the torch sconces on the wall?))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2013, 01:00:38 am »

((honestly, the hard part wasn't the rolls. The hard part was arbitrating extremely vague actions. not a single one of you picked a target, Akari's action was as vague as it gets, and Pantagrul left me confused as to what I was supposed to be visualizing, making me go back and re-read his bio and suchlike to try to figure out why you'd get on all fours to run and where that cane came from.))

((My fault on the vagueness, not my character concept and I didn't want to go out of bounds. No vague actions. Got it.

((they're at about head height.

and tbh, if I were a better GM i'd handle vague actions better. the problem is if I interpret the action sub-optimally then I feel like I'm being pointlessly mean, and if I interpret it optimally then I'm being undeservedly generous.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2013, 01:15:10 am »

((they're at about head height.))

((Perfect))

MERIK cracks his neck and sheathes his sword for the moment. Knights were valorous and strong. Snipers were keen of eye and deadly enough to kill from a mile. Duelists... duelists were creative and agile. Merik ran at the nearest torch sconce, jumping and grabbing it with both hands, pulling up and swinging enough to, hopefully, get his body on top of the wall.

AKARI rushes over the recently injured Joe, tearing off several long strips of his clothing to bind the wound and slow the bleeding.

((Sorry Tiruin, Akari is now tearing the clothes off random men. It was the only thing I could think of that would work, other than just holding his guts in for the duration of the fight.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2013, 08:04:16 pm »

((Sorry Tiruin, Akari is now tearing the clothes off random men. It was the only thing I could think of that would work, other than just holding his guts in for the duration of the fight.))
((Out of context: I was staring at this post with a 'wat' expression, until I saw the action.
:I
O you.))

"Don't you move! Keep the skeletons at bay--any kind of movement from there would just increase the wounds!"
I wonder if he removed the arrow shaft.
"Just keep it there and let me heal your chest!"

Edit: ((..Draig, the thing is an arrow wound. It's a puncture. And if its on the chest, it may have either hit his lungs or other vital organs.

..Or totally missed entirely and just hit his muscle layer and ouch bleeding! Given the force of the attack, it may have been an enchanted arrow of blunt-force-impact, or it pieced him right through.

This won't be good for your ribcage, anyways. D:))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:14:39 pm by Tiruin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2013, 08:15:51 pm »

((just waiting on BFEL, if he doesn't post an action by tomorrow I'll just have Joe sit there and attempt to hold himself shut.))

((Tiruin, is Akari helping Renard, the thief-priest with an arrow stuck in him, or Joe, the minigunner with his chest slashed open?))

((Oh, and how much detail do you want on the wound descriptions Tiruin? I'm not a med student like you, but I have extensive wilderness first aid training, meaning that these kinds of wounds are actually right up my alley, though my job normally is to simply make sure the victim makes it to paramedics in decent shape rather than handle the real treatment and recovery process.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2013, 08:21:27 pm »

((Tiruin, is Akari helping Renard, the thief-priest with an arrow stuck in him, or Joe, the minigunner with his chest slashed open?))

((Oh, and how much detail do you want on the wound descriptions Tiruin? I'm not a med student like you, but I have extensive wilderness first aid training, meaning that these kinds of wounds are actually right up my alley, though my job normally is to simply make sure the victim makes it to paramedics in decent shape rather than handle the real treatment and recovery process.))
((>_>
Now TWO people are wounded?! Goodness, humans. Why do you let them attack your bodies! D: That's more skin I need to fix up!

Also enough detail you're comfortable with Lenglon. :> I'm experienced with fantasy mechanics, and to tell in a trade secret, what you understand of most organ systems could be easily how you interpret healing it..just in their basic ways. You apply enough force on something, it breaks or gets torn. Stuff like that. Hopefully this is a good enough explanation to cover the details?

Unless you really want to get gory and discuss in detail how the resilient human body can get hit, like say, how long-term and everyday smoker's lungs look like and how the body copes (without you consciously realizing it despite the symptoms--and without knowing what smoking can do to you, and even then in detail, to you), then we may have a lot of...fun. >:3

I'm aiming for Renard first as technically, he has 2 turns till death while Joe has 3 given the recent turns.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2013, 08:24:21 pm »

((Renard still has 3 as long as he doesn't do anything but hold himself together. I'm going to be rolling to see how much additional damage the arrow that's still stuck in him does when he tries to move this upcoming turn though unless he changes his action.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2013, 08:25:42 pm »

((Renard still has 3 as long as he doesn't do anything but hold himself together. I'm going to be rolling to see how much additional damage the arrow that's still stuck in him does when he tries to move this upcoming turn though unless he changes his action.))
((^ ^))
((I like your thinking. And by that I mean I'm still aiming for Renard. I believe Joe will be ok given how he has a ranged weapon at hand and is radioactive..I think?))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2013, 10:49:01 pm »

((..Draig, the thing is an arrow wound. It's a puncture. And if its on the chest, it may have either hit his lungs or other vital organs.

..Or totally missed entirely and just hit his muscle layer and ouch bleeding! Given the force of the attack, it may have been an enchanted arrow of blunt-force-impact, or it pieced him right through.

((I had her as helping Joe, who did have a slash wound. I'm not med student, but I am generally aware that arrows don't usually make your internal organs fall out.
I don't have much hope for the person who has a pointy piece of wood and steel embedded in their chest.))
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2013, 01:08:00 am »

((..Draig, the thing is an arrow wound. It's a puncture. And if its on the chest, it may have either hit his lungs or other vital organs.

((I had her as helping Joe, who did have a slash wound. I'm not med student, but I am generally aware that arrows don't usually make your internal organs fall out.))
((Aw PFF, it didn't say it hit an internal organ! But..if bleeding is such, then its internal and THUS, I have to get towards the more serious patient!))
*handwaves slash wound*
It's just superficial.
:P
I don't have much hope for the person who has a pointy piece of wood and steel embedded in their chest.
((Cue Lenglon's creativity ^ ^
..You guys never had armor in your inventory, did you. o_o Oh dear.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2013, 01:37:07 am »

((I have armor.
And I'm the only one who can't be killed by normal weapons.

This strikes me as odd now.))
---

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2013, 05:52:53 am »

((Oh great, more damage. Guess I'm changing my turn now, since I actually want to survive more than 2 turns of combat. this situation kinda sucks, either I move and risk wounding myself further, or I try and pull the arrow out and will certainly wound myself further, or I stay still and this turns into einsteinian roulette v.2 where I did nothing but bleed and be useless for my first three missions.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2013, 09:34:08 am »

((...Ok, general tip. LEAVE THE ARROW THERE. It's like a plug to your wound! Or..carefully break off the shaft and then continue movement--it's REALLY risky but at least it keeps the leverage steady. Also nyoop, if ye pull out the arrow, the arrowhead makes MORE of a wound D:

Trust the one who studied this technology instead of the guns we use today >.< or..well, trying to.

You really don't have a ranged weapon you can use? Or examine the area? :3 Or throw your dagger!))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33