Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58324 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 2) Best Drawing Evar
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2013, 11:40:02 am »

((Ah, so I have a -3 on luck. How wonderful.))

"I just realized something, I sound exactly like this other fellow in our group! How utterly horrible!"

Pantagruel then commences a coughing fit of rather large and impressive proportions. He speaks again immediately afterwards.

"Ah, much better now."
((These are the times where I love how you RP. xD))

Onward to adventure!
((So we're trusting our instincts? O_o
Also I like how Lenglon does those modifiers in accordance to her flavor/detail of the area...it's pretty nice :3))

"...I feel like we'll be walking into circles. I pray that something will note us the way."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2013, 12:58:28 pm »

((Um, the reason you met there in the first place is it's near the city - two hours of easy walking, meaning about six miles, and the road leads directly to it.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2013, 01:13:13 pm »

Merik grunted at the vulpine female, then pointed at the city. "Look, a miracle," he grated, dripping sarcasm. "your prayers have been answered, the Gods have shown us the way!"
  Shaking his head and shouldering his new bag, Merik starting walking toward the city, taking a point position in the marching order.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2013, 01:36:11 pm »

Renard follows the group, Guitar case in his right hand and his left hand behind his back. Just being prepared for an attack, an old habit he guesses. He can quickly pull out the kukri from behind his back and drop the guitar case and let the dagger inside his sleeve drop in his right hand this way.

"please don't tell me you're going to be grumbling all the way. Cheer up, what's the worst that could happen?"

Follow the group, staying somewhat at the rear. Do not neglect periodically checking behind us as well.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:45:50 pm by Pancaek »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2013, 02:58:10 pm »

Joe stops his grumbling and focuses on staying with the group of people, even if they don't give him booze. He twitches slightly at that last thought.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2013, 06:38:50 pm »

"You do realize just how irritating your behavior is, right?", Raynen mentioned to the oblivious, clingy drunk. "Well, I have but one thing to say to you."

After strongly considering the possibility of setting Joe on fire, instead use my booster pack to slip out of his grasp.
Raynen agi: 6+3 vs Joe agi: 1+1
Joe doesn't even manage to lightly tap you, you are gone
" but its nearing dark."
((sorry for the confusion, I was talking about myself, literally, at the time. It's still early morning for your characters.))
((Um, the reason you met there in the first place is it's near the city - two hours of easy walking, meaning about six miles, and the road leads directly to it.))
((requoted for emphasis, everyone already knows this.))

the outside of the messenger station is similar to the inside, unadorned, and rather plain, but sturdy and reliable. designed with efficiency in mind. the road it rests on is a simple dirt road, packed down from heavy travel. the countryside surrounding you is pretty open, surrounded by tall grass and the occasional tree, but no major breaks in your line of sight. as you gaze up and down the road you see a distinct lack of travelers in any direction. nobody is trying to go in the same direction as you, and everyone going the other way appears to either already be gone, or be unable to leave. in the distance you can see where the road leads into a gigantic fogbank, where you know the city should be. This is it, your last chance to decide if you're really ready or not. ready for... whatever it is... that is ahead of you.

((Here's the flavor that should have been there when I was too tired to write anymore))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2013, 07:03:48 pm »

"Well, any of you want to turn around? I certainly wouldn't blame you."

renard starts to whistle a tune, a rather content smile plastered on his face

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2013, 07:58:48 pm »

"Turn around? Is that truly a serious question?"

Walk off, in about the middle of the pack.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2013, 08:08:13 pm »

"Not really, I was pretty all of us have had enough chances to bugger off by now. Still, doesn't hurt to ask. You know, start a bit of a conversation."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2013, 08:08:59 pm »

-snip- frakking doublepost

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2013, 08:21:26 pm »

Akari turned around and saw what Merik was talking about. "Huh, who knew we've been walking so far that we'd find it by proximity."

She hummed to herself in her usual quiet tone as she wondered what best would be the way to check out the fog before proceeding. She knew that light was always a good point in observation, so she tried a bit of what she knew was practical.

She looked at the rest as she created a ball of pure light, subtly sending it towards the fogbank--it would dissipate when hitting solid object, but a permeable substance as moisture in the air would be more of a passage than a hindrance.

"I'd say we go forward. It's just fog. A bunch of moisture in the air. Nothing bad about getting your skin wet."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 3)
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2013, 07:04:57 pm »

((Ah, so I have a -3 on luck. How wonderful.))

"I just realized something, I sound exactly like this other fellow in our group! How utterly horrible!"

Pantagruel then commences a coughing fit of rather large and impressive proportions. He speaks again immediately afterwards.

"Ah, much better now."

Onward to adventure!
  Merik grunted at the vulpine female, then pointed at the city. "Look, a miracle," he grated, dripping sarcasm. "your prayers have been answered, the Gods have shown us the way!"
  Shaking his head and shouldering his new bag, Merik starting walking toward the city, taking a point position in the marching order.
Renard follows the group, Guitar case in his right hand and his left hand behind his back. Just being prepared for an attack, an old habit he guesses. He can quickly pull out the kukri from behind his back and drop the guitar case and let the dagger inside his sleeve drop in his right hand this way.

"please don't tell me you're going to be grumbling all the way. Cheer up, what's the worst that could happen?"

Follow the group, staying somewhat at the rear. Do not neglect periodically checking behind us as well.
Joe stops his grumbling and focuses on staying with the group of people, even if they don't give him booze. He twitches slightly at that last thought.
"Turn around? Is that truly a serious question?"

Walk off, in about the middle of the pack.
Akari turned around and saw what Merik was talking about. "Huh, who knew we've been walking so far that we'd find it by proximity."

She hummed to herself in her usual quiet tone as she wondered what best would be the way to check out the fog before proceeding. She knew that light was always a good point in observation, so she tried a bit of what she knew was practical.

She looked at the rest as she created a ball of pure light, subtly sending it towards the fogbank--it would dissipate when hitting solid object, but a permeable substance as moisture in the air would be more of a passage than a hindrance.

"I'd say we go forward. It's just fog. A bunch of moisture in the air. Nothing bad about getting your skin wet."

? ?:? ?
Akari will: 1+1
your party advances down the road, bickering all the while, but nothing comes out to accost you before you reach the large fog cloud obscuring your view of Erlith. As you approach the fog, you become able to see a little deeper inside, about thirty or fourty feet or so, but you still don't see the city gates, just the same dirt road you've been walking on for the past two hours. In an attempt to see deeper inside, and check for trouble, Akari tries to make a floating ball of light to send inside in front of you. but she has trouble stablizing the structure of the spell, and it falls apart before it manages to travel more than a single foot from her.

Current position: just outside the fog surrounding Erlith.
Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 07:11:06 pm by Lenglon »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2013, 07:10:41 pm »

((Yup, error 504 the entire day.))

"I'd try and ask a favor from my god, but alas, It's not really his time of day. You want to try that spell again, young magicker? Take yer time, I've got no rush for going in there"

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 3)
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2013, 08:22:36 pm »

"Hm. Really should make some upgrades to my vision soon, might have helped with this fog. Although if it's at all magical based, I suppose it wouldn't really matter anyway…

Anyway, I'm fine with waiting a bit longer if someone thinks they have a good way to scout ahead. Else let's just get this over with."

Prepare to wait/move out depending on the group decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2013, 11:11:35 pm »

"I'd try and ask a favor from my god, but alas, It's not really his time of day. You want to try that spell again, young magicker? Take yer time, I've got no rush for going in there"
"Ah-um, yyou saw that? Oh..erm, ok! I'll..I'll just try to fix it this time."

With heat, moisture is affected. Perhaps a gout of flame would work. However it may affect my metabolism..or current life energy. Hrm, this would need an energy source, so..I guess taking a bit out of myself would be a good idea here.

Send a gout of flame at the fore of our party!
Also if possible, go ahead and create a sphere of light--reminiscent of those fairies in Legend of Zelda!
:3

"Does anyone know the weather around here? A fog in this kind of climate seems kinda out of place. No clouds ahead and all that."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33