Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: A Storm's Coming Turn 28) Um, what are we doing again?  (Read 58326 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 1)
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2013, 05:57:00 pm »

Merik gave the 'priest' a long look, then dug out a piece of electrum from his purse and tabled it. Clearly ignoring the other man's outburst. "One wheel of cheese, four loaves of bread, keep the copper. You happen to have a courier's satchel I could persuade you to part with? Slightly magical is preferable to not, but I have little money." Merik smiled. Or at least his cheek scars twisted sardonically. "I could eject this 'priest' for you though, if that would get a discount."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2013, 06:07:28 pm »

((Fair enough, just give me a bit a nduge when it's getting in the way, I can be oblivious to those things sometimes))

Even though he was just playing a part up until now, this makes Renard explode

"No shame? NO SHAME?! I have every right ot talk about the weight of your soul, seeing as you're obviously so oblivious to how ill the favour of the gods towards you is! What would you know about the state of your soul? are you a priest like me? Have you dedicated your life in the service of the higher powers? Have you fought and bled with total strangers in the name of Krestor, have you even done your duty to give praise to Krak and Chang for all the good fortunes this road and its travellers have brought you?!" Renards puts on his most vicious glare "Frankly, I suspect you not to even be a true believer, Talking to a ordained priest like this, you disgust me."
? ?: 5 + 1 - 2
The station master gives you a hard glare before speaking a single word
"Eight"
   Merik gave the 'priest' a long look, then dug out a piece of electrum from his purse and tabled it. Clearly ignoring the other man's outburst. "One wheel of cheese, four loaves of bread, keep the copper. You happen to have a courier's satchel I could persuade you to part with? Slightly magical is preferable to not, but I have little money." Merik smiled. Or at least his cheek scars twisted sardonically. "I could eject this 'priest' for you though, if that would get a discount."
The station master turns to you with a mild look of relief.
"Sure, and I'll toss in that satchel, though we never magic them up. too often we get told to carry some fancy tech gadget or enchanted bauble, so we try to avoid using anything but the mundane around here if we can. safer that way. don worry about the priest, though I thank ye for the offer. jus gimmie a bit to get them"
He steps out for several moments, then returns with a satchel loaded with the requested items.
"here ye are."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2013, 06:21:34 pm »

Renard sighs, the con is up, best try and salvage the situation. and have some fun.

"Those crossbows will do you no good if this road stays barren, or worse, if whatever is in that city should come out in force. But don't give me that look, I merely got riled up in holy fervour. I bear you no ill will, and I'll pray for your good fortunes. Peace?"

hold out my hand to shake. If he takes it, pull him into a hug, loudly proclaim him a worthy soul while pickpocketing him. Then walk straight out the door, regardless of outcome

(( And so ends Renards first con. Damn that stubborn old man.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2013, 07:08:32 pm »

Renard sighs, the con is up, best try and salvage the situation. and have some fun.

"Those crossbows will do you no good if this road stays barren, or worse, if whatever is in that city should come out in force. But don't give me that look, I merely got riled up in holy fervour. I bear you no ill will, and I'll pray for your good fortunes. Peace?"

hold out my hand to shake. If he takes it, pull him into a hug, loudly proclaim him a worthy soul while pickpocketing him. Then walk straight out the door, regardless of outcome

(( And so ends Renards first con. Damn that stubborn old man.))
Renard agi: 1+2
SM per: 5-1 vs Renard agi: 5+2
when you offer your hand to the station master, he takes it. as you hug him he seems mildly startled, but doesn't figure out what you're doing. sadly however, you fail to get ahold of his purse before your sense of timing tells you that you've held him as long as you dare, and that it is time to let go. you walk outside none the better, but none the worse either.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2013, 07:15:20 pm »

[I've only a few bits of currency on hand, enough to survive a week on..mundane rations.

Eh, let's say 1 gold coin as my lucky gold coin which I may never ever spend!]

Akari looked at the rest and took a bite of the morning meal, enjoying the cuisine they had out in this area, wondering on whether their journey would be like in the tales and stories she read in her youth, or perhaps thought of a grueling time of danger and thrill wherein many original acts of humanity would occur.

Needless to say, she caught herself drifting off on a daydream and straightened up,
"Oh dear. I just realized something. I do not actually have any money, it seems. How dreadful."
"I have nothing I'd want to spend here, too. Just..err, what I had in the first place." she said, adding a note of apology to the keeper of the place. She whispered to the one nearest to her (which could be anyone, really.) "We should probably tip the good man for his deeds. This is really good food."

Begin drawing some kind of art or sign to...err, either repay the innkeeper or as..compensation for our presence here?
Akari agi: 5-2
You make a drawing, but the result is somewhat shoddy, and upon second glance even you aren't quite sure what it was supposed to be. still, it's not that horrible and you didn't break your pencil or anything.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2013, 07:18:34 pm »

((oh for...anyway, just gonna post an action and then go to sleep. It's getting pretty late. thanks for indulging me in my little theatrics there))

Walk arond the building. look around for anything interesting and/or of value

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2013, 11:13:10 pm »

Akari waved at the stationmaster as she said her goodbyes, and glanced at the nice priest before speaking--the holy man was quite a softie deep inside, something to note for later. Such a good man.

"I'd not like to overstay our presence here. Guys, are you all ready to leave?"

She handed the stationmaster her drawing before deciding to get the others out for the big quest. "Well..I, I thought I could repay you in anyway I could so..well, I thought of making this drawing. The lines should depict some kind of person but..I think I got the perspective wrong. See, I'm not sure where to put the ears so I..erm, well. It should show someone looking like you standing by a rustic version of this inn and all..as a poster."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2013, 12:00:45 am »

"Well, I do suppose it's time to leave! We have availed ourselves of earthly pleasures for long enough!"

Brandish my trusty walking stick and jauntily walk around the station, examining the local graffiti if there is any.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2013, 12:27:05 am »

Raynen's face remained blank as he watched the little drama between the priest and the innkeeper… primarily because as a robot, his face was always blank.

"There was something… false about that just now, but I suppose that's par for the course in this day and age…", he mused. "Regardless, you have my thanks for the night's lodgings, and if our business goes well, I hope to return… at which point spending money should not be an issue. Until then, innkeeper."

Heading outside, Raynen took a good look over the group's means of transportation, checking it for any problems (and reminding his player what exactly it is in the first place).

Prepare to leave.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2013, 12:52:45 am »

"Oh dear. I just realized something. I do not actually have any money, it seems. How dreadful."

Realize I have no money. Wonder if the others do.
You successfully think things. it's very exciting.
((No ones gonna buy me booze are they? :P))
Get close to someones ear and then ramble incoherently about booze.
Random target: Raynen
Welp.
((oh for...anyway, just gonna post an action and then go to sleep. It's getting pretty late. thanks for indulging me in my little theatrics there))

Walk arond the building. look around for anything interesting and/or of value
? ?: 3-2
You find nothing but horse dung.
It's on your boots.
Akari waved at the stationmaster as she said her goodbyes, and glanced at the nice priest before speaking--the holy man was quite a softie deep inside, something to note for later. Such a good man.

"I'd not like to overstay our presence here. Guys, are you all ready to leave?"

She handed the stationmaster her drawing before deciding to get the others out for the big quest. "Well..I, I thought I could repay you in anyway I could so..well, I thought of making this drawing. The lines should depict some kind of person but..I think I got the perspective wrong. See, I'm not sure where to put the ears so I..erm, well. It should show someone looking like you standing by a rustic version of this inn and all..as a poster."
? ?: 6 + 1 - 1 an overshot on this? how do you even...
The station master takes one look at the drawing and a childish look to total glee spreads across his normally rather manly face as he emits a squeeing sound you'd normally associate with a teenager seeing their favoraite idol, not with a fully grown and somewhat scarred middle-aged man looking at a somewhat pathetic paper and pencil drawing. He quite literally hops up and down with delight, runs over, gives you a firm hug whether you want it or not, then takes the drawing and, with the utmost reverence, places it upon the fireplace's mantle.
"I will cherish it forever, no, this will become my family's prized heirloom, no, It... It... I have never seen something of such beauty. I swear to you, I will ensure that it shall NEVER come to any harm. thank you so very, very much."
you escape in case the lunacy is contagious.
Raynen's face remained blank as he watched the little drama between the priest and the innkeeper… primarily because as a robot, his face was always blank.

"There was something… false about that just now, but I suppose that's par for the course in this day and age…", he mused. "Regardless, you have my thanks for the night's lodgings, and if our business goes well, I hope to return… at which point spending money should not be an issue. Until then, innkeeper."

Heading outside, Raynen took a good look over the group's means of transportation, checking it for any problems (and reminding his player what exactly it is in the first place).

Prepare to leave.
You're packed up and ready to go, you just have the problem of this drunkard hanging on to your ear, rambling on and on about booze.
((Your transport unless specified otherwise is your two feet))
"Well, I do suppose it's time to leave! We have availed ourselves of earthly pleasures for long enough!"

Brandish my trusty walking stick and jauntily walk around the station, examining the local graffiti if there is any.
? ?: 5-3
there is no graffiti.

It's late here, I'm tired, and dirt road contains a combination of dirt and road. I was planning on being more descriptive but see the sentence before this one. you do actually have a line of sight on the city, the land here is pretty open and the place really is that big, but all you can see right now is a gigantic bank of fog where the city should be.

last thing before you leave, could you give me a marching order for your party (does not have to be a line, I just need to know the rough arrangement of you relative to each other), and let me know what is in your hands while you travel, as well as where you're carrying any weapons you have, in case something decides to try to kill you? picking a party leader usually makes these kinds of decisions faster, but that's up to you guys.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:04:17 am by Lenglon »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: A Storm's Coming Turn 2) Best Drawing Evar
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2013, 03:12:07 am »

Once upon a time, on a
dirt road
six people started their venture to places unknown, where plenty would go amiss in the times of after now and the future.

Once upon a time, on a road of particularly nondescript setting and mundane surrounding, six people: well-fed, rested and feeling ready for an adventure, took on the challenge of fate to turn whatever future their collective minds could bring. From all walks of life and culture, there stood five people, about a long walk from the nearest inhabited area--a rustic inn.

"Does anyone have a map?" The first one said in her usual chipper tone. Her name was Akari, and she took the lead, looking back at the other four. "The coastal city is quite a ways off, from what I've heard the innkeeper say."

She looked at the rest and wondered, poking the nearest person. "Where do you think we should go? I bet the road leads somewhere, but its nearing dark."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2013, 04:02:17 am »

"You do realize just how irritating your behavior is, right?", Raynen mentioned to the oblivious, clingy drunk. "Well, I have but one thing to say to you."

After strongly considering the possibility of setting Joe on fire, instead use my booster pack to slip out of his grasp.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2013, 04:51:02 am »

((Ah, so I have a -3 on luck. How wonderful.))

"I just realized something, I sound exactly like this other fellow in our group! How utterly horrible!"

Pantagruel then commences a coughing fit of rather large and impressive proportions. He speaks again immediately afterwards.

"Ah, much better now."

Onward to adventure!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2013, 08:52:34 am »

((Ah, so I have a -3 on luck. How wonderful.))
((the graffiti had a -3 because it was unlikely to be any there. the station master keeps his place decently cleaned up. situational modifiers matter a lot.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2013, 09:45:17 am »

((Oh. Thank goodness for that, then.))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33