Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 68

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread  (Read 68610 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2013, 01:15:20 pm »

"Says the man who can control minds."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2013, 01:49:31 pm »

Through gritted teeth, Genesis spits out: "We've been over this! I can't control minds. Not yet, at least. Soon, I can unlock the ability to psionically dominate the minds of our foes. And do not fret, I have no reason to use it on my companions. Do try to not think ill of me."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2013, 02:47:36 pm »

* Genesis holds eye contact with Raiss for a few seconds, until a smile breaks out across his face. "I was just messing with you. It's actually pretty simple: mental control is like beating someone with a big stick while they work, while manipulation is like waving a big stick around. I actually can't 'mind control' anyone; I don't have the capability yet. And before you ask, Thralling is different. Malarea can confirm that. Isnt that right?" He taps his left temple, freeing the devil of her mental bonds, and temporarily transferring control of his body to her.
That's not how possession works >:(!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2013, 02:51:50 pm »

* Genesis holds eye contact with Raiss for a few seconds, until a smile breaks out across his face. "I was just messing with you. It's actually pretty simple: mental control is like beating someone with a big stick while they work, while manipulation is like waving a big stick around. I actually can't 'mind control' anyone; I don't have the capability yet. And before you ask, Thralling is different. Malarea can confirm that. Isnt that right?" He taps his left temple, freeing the devil of her mental bonds, and temporarily transferring control of his body to her.
Oh. Then how does it work?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2013, 02:53:56 pm »

Basically, your devil of choice acts like an evil mastermind and gives you knowledge advantages. It's like metagaming, only in character and combined with a bit of Deus ex Machina.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2013, 03:10:54 pm »

Basically, your devil of choice acts like an evil mastermind and gives you knowledge advantages. It's like metagaming, only in character and combined with a bit of Deus ex Machina.
Well, in that case, he doesn't let her out. He just taps his head.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2013, 03:11:53 pm »

Well, in that case, he doesn't let her out. He just taps his head.
Well, if you did it would be unpleasant anyway, so...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2013, 03:34:49 pm »

Note to self: Don't scuttle the ship. Just release Malarea instead.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2013, 03:40:46 pm »

Yeah, I think she might let you summon her at some point.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2013, 08:32:33 pm »

Note to self: Don't scuttle the ship. Just release Malarea instead.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2013, 11:32:29 pm »

Alright, I'm just about finished.

Some fun alternative ideas I came up with for food and water providing:
1) Water only, buy a Decanter of Endless Water. Also can work as a hose to break up riots.
2) Invest in clear spindle ioun stones for PCs, zombify crew that dies from dehydration.
3) Water only again, buy some dust of dryness, absorb water with it, then release said water as needed. One packet of DoD is 850 gp, and can absorb 100 gallons of water which can be released later.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2013, 11:37:38 pm »

2) Invest in clear spindle ioun stones for PCs, zombify crew that dies from dehydration.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

And water won't be a problem. We have Purify Food and Water.
Sig

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2013, 11:55:21 pm »

Eh, water's cheap. two gp to buy a barrel that holds 55 gallons. Weighs a lot though, but that's that. As for food, that's the expensive one, and there's not much way around that.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2013, 12:00:46 am »

"Gods above! And here I was thinking that people with strict moral codes were boring. But you lot put me to sleep with your lack of leniency for radical ideas."

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2013, 12:19:42 am »

Siggy!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 68