Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 68

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread  (Read 68583 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion: Team Dishonorable OOC Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2013, 11:19:19 pm »

Are we going to have a policy for rationing, or is that up to me and the cook?

That falls under the quartermaster's duties of looking after the day-to-day stuff.

Also, I wrote up a description of each of your ranks and duties at the bottom of the code. This is just a starting point. Feel free to change those however you see fit, as long as you are not encroaching on another officer's job.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2013, 11:51:12 pm »

Maintaining friendship and chemistry among the other officers.

...Dammit Weird you aren't playing fire emblem here! D:
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2013, 11:53:38 pm »

It's about a pound of food per day per person, and a gallon of water per day per person.

Though we could feed more due to actually cooking the meals and such.
How convenient that I packed a cook.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2013, 11:57:38 pm »

The way you all have been going at it OOC, I just have to make sure you all ain't killing each other. Don't worry. Unless my own character is involved, I try to avoid shipping like the plague.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2013, 12:03:34 am »

The way you all have been going at it OOC, I just have to make sure you all ain't killing each other. Don't worry. Unless my own character is involved, I try to avoid shipping like the plague.
As a mind-altering Psion, with +14 to Diplomacy, I jump on shipping like a starving mountain lion on Hansel and Gretel after eating the witch's house.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2013, 12:05:26 am »

*Weirdsound checks his will save and groans.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2013, 12:09:42 am »

For reference: psionic DC is 10 + 4 (Int) + power level. I have access to first through third level powers, so DCs are between 15 and 17.

Edit:
*Weirdsound checks his will save and groans.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:11:24 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2013, 12:12:16 am »

As a mind-altering Psion, with +14 to Diplomacy, I jump on shipping like a starving mountain lion on Hansel and Gretel after eating the witch's house.
Mind-controlling team-mates gets you keelhauled.

...I'm going to actually jot that down for the code now that I think about it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2013, 12:23:28 am »

* Genesis sniffs his nose at Raiss. "It's mental alteration, not control. Two very different things. But I don't expect a Warblade to understand the intricacies of what I do."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2013, 01:44:50 am »

* Genesis holds eye contact with Raiss for a few seconds, until a smile breaks out across his face. "I was just messing with you. It's actually pretty simple: mental control is like beating someone with a big stick while they work, while manipulation is like waving a big stick around. I actually can't 'mind control' anyone; I don't have the capability yet. And before you ask, Thralling is different. Malarea can confirm that. Isnt that right?" He taps his left temple, freeing the devil of her mental bonds, and temporarily transferring control of his body to her.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 07, 2013, 08:39:36 am »

Thank Pelor that Iamanelf isn't on this ship...

+1

* Genesis holds eye contact with Raiss for a few seconds, until a smile breaks out across his face. "I was just messing with you. It's actually pretty simple: mental control is like beating someone with a big stick while they work, while manipulation is like waving a big stick around. I actually can't 'mind control' anyone; I don't have the capability yet. And before you ask, Thralling is different. Malarea can confirm that. Isnt that right?" He taps his left temple, freeing the devil of her mental bonds, and temporarily transferring control of his body to her.
"Riiight."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 07, 2013, 10:38:53 am »

With a sigh of exasperation, he elaborates: "How do you keep people in line? Mostly by the strength of your sword arm. Likewise, I instill fear with the strength of my mind. You know that I cannot rule by the strength of my arm, so you rob me of the one strength I do have. I find that unjust, and ask it be pulled from the Code."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2013, 11:05:34 am »

Slicer sighs, disembarking the still under construction ship and approaching his soon to be crew-mates on the dock. "I see your point Genesis, I truly do, but I also sure as hell understand why the others would be jumpy about it. I had a bad run in with one of your lot two years back, turns out I don't fare well against Psions. I'll work out some compromise to let the officers sleep easily while allowing you to maintain power of the crew if you need it."

(See new second entry of the crime and punishment section.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 07, 2013, 12:06:43 pm »

With a sigh of exasperation, he elaborates: "How do you keep people in line? Mostly by the strength of your sword arm. Likewise, I instill fear with the strength of my mind. You know that I cannot rule by the strength of my arm, so you rob me of the one strength I do have. I find that unjust, and ask it be pulled from the Code."
"I'm a bit insulted by that. I do my best to limit my influence to what I do for the group, and what would happen if I were to withdraw support. This is the ideal situation--no threats, no mind control, just everyone getting along because they all need each other."
((Amusingly, Genesis is actually a bit bigger than Kre!aqil.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 07, 2013, 12:14:13 pm »

"I wont say that I'm happy with the revisions, but I'll accept it. I understand the concerns, but I'm a little jumpy around swords."
"I'm a bit insulted by that. I do my best to limit my influence to what I do for the group, and what would happen if I were to withdraw support. This is the ideal situation--no threats, no mind control, just everyone getting along because they all need each other."
((Amusingly, Genesis is actually a bit bigger than Kre!aqil.))
"Actually, you are them most likely to be able resist my abilites. So I'm most scared of you. Anyway, you may be shorter, but are far more dangerous in a fight."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 68