Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Primulus. A Sci-Fi Sandbox Simulator. (WIP)  (Read 9485 times)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Primulus. A Sci-Fi Sandbox Simulator. (WIP)
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 07:51:48 pm »

One thing that jumps out in the video, is the lack of mouse cursor.  I think there should be a cursor visible, because while I'm not sure how the interaction controls are, it would probably be much quicker and easier to do with the cursor visible.  It would break immersion somewhat, but in a game as complex as this the added ease of control would be worth it.

IndiJosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Primulus
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 07:54:43 pm »

One thing that jumps out in the video, is the lack of mouse cursor.  I think there should be a cursor visible, because while I'm not sure how the interaction controls are, it would probably be much quicker and easier to do with the cursor visible.  It would break immersion somewhat, but in a game as complex as this the added ease of control would be worth it.

There is a cursor. I'm not sure why it's not in the video. This is actually my first time noticing it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:03:50 pm by IndiJosh »
"Losing is fun."

www.primulusgame.com

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 08:13:09 pm »

Some screen capture software doesn't capture the Windows mouse. You could just draw a mouse-sprite instead!

Incidentally, Bay12 positively jumps at cool projects in general :) I guess in general there's just fairly little to be said about a project in these initial stages!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 04:07:29 am »

Some screen capture software doesn't capture the Windows mouse. You could just draw a mouse-sprite instead!

Incidentally, Bay12 positively jumps at cool projects in general :) I guess in general there's just fairly little to be said about a project in these initial stages!

Indeed, my fault :(

I added a bit of media too my second post. for those who just droped in and have no interest in browsing the website
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 01:39:40 pm »

I agree on the lack of things to say.
I will say that I think the atmosphere system looks nice; rooms decompress fast.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2013, 07:16:43 am »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 08:31:40 am »

I have talked to Head a lot in #coderbus and #tgstation13 and can confirm that he is, indeed, a p cool guy. I was sceptical at first but now I'm looking forward to this.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 08:54:17 am »

2 people accidentally venting the atmosphere of the facility by merely opening doors? Sounds fun.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 10:24:59 am »

2 people accidentally venting the atmosphere of the facility by merely opening doors? Sounds fun.

Well we don't really have any safety features as of yet :)

Not to metion the current facility is around 5 rooms as of now :D

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2013, 12:22:26 am »

PTW

IndiJosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Primulus
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2013, 07:14:02 pm »

Not to mention we made the mistake of spawning everyone in the air lock so they had no choice but to open the only two doors there. Thanks for your support, guys!
"Losing is fun."

www.primulusgame.com

IndiJosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Primulus
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2013, 01:13:26 am »

Hey Everyone.

Just wanted to come by and shoot you all another update. We just announced that we will be releasing an early prototype version of Primulus for FREE. For more details check out our recent blog post.
http://primulusgame.com/2013/12/12/week-11-primulus-for-free/

Basically, we're going to release a prototype version that will have construction / destruction elements. Players will be able to host local servers, join servers and build and create facilities with their friends. We'll also have a basic electrical grid and atmospheric calculation in place for you all to play with. We're going to strip parts of the game out that aren't done and need to be refined. Since there isn't going to be much more for the players to do, we figured it would be best to simply distribute it for free. Realistically, who wants to pay for an early prototype?

As for when it will be released, we're not certain. We're GUESSING it will be Q1 2014.

In other news, the free version of Unity does not have dynamic lighting available. But you can bake shadows into a scene. So we took a quick screenshot of what the game should look like once we have dynamic lighting implemented.

See you all soon!
"Losing is fun."

www.primulusgame.com

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2013, 01:40:17 am »

Looks awesome!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2013, 03:00:43 am »

Dude, count me in. I'll dick around with it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2013, 03:53:14 am »

Wait, I just read the OP and saw "gas giant" and "planetary exploration" in the same sentence. Surely you don't mean players will explore a ball of gas? You just mean the moon?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5