Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]  (Read 39068 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Pokemon League: Journey of the Rivals [accepting players!]
« Reply #450 on: December 30, 2013, 02:15:48 pm »

Reuniclus; trolling everyone with Magic Guard and Trick Room since Generation V.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 30, 2013, 02:24:15 pm »

just send in regigas with pursuit
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 30, 2013, 08:25:39 pm »

just send in regigas with pursuit
Focus Blast.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 30, 2013, 09:03:45 pm »

I don't even know what moves to put on the Regis besides toxic. :v

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 30, 2013, 11:52:23 pm »

Well, for a completely different option, Regirock with Assault Vest is supposed to be absolutely hilarious, especially with Sandstorm support.  Soo, maybe not so much on a Reggie team. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 31, 2013, 12:48:14 am »

I REALLY should read the desc of all items. The assault vest made wonders.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-73712032

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 31, 2013, 05:58:22 am »

quick claw, seriously?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 31, 2013, 11:13:01 am »

quick claw, seriously?

Seriously. It is a beta, I really don't know why you would make a big deal about that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 31, 2013, 12:15:01 pm »

just suprised, it's a rather rare and odd choice

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 03, 2014, 05:39:13 am »

The OU list has been revealed
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/unofficial-uus-read-post-13.3496622/

god damnit.

Turns out Sylveon and Mawile are both OU. So much about running the magical girl team in UU. I was prepared that I would likely have to remove Mawile, but removing Sylveon totaly destroys the theme of the team. I can only hope that once the meta game settles more and Sylveon gets into UU. I mean, both Umbreon and Vaporeon, heck even Jolteon dropped to UU.

I guess Sylveon is OU because of the novelty factor making it popular, because it's seriously not thaaat strong in OU.

Also note, Mega Gardevoir is not OU, despite being deadlier and bulkier than Sylveon by a far stretch. Even Florgess is bulkier

edit: hell yes, Gastrodon is now UU

editedit: oh dear god, Kyurem-B is now UU. Kyurem-W, with nearly identical stat-wise, and is in freaking Ubers. Kyurem-B is so going to be banned from UU, anything else would be a joke

editeditedit: Keldeo..Celebi...Latias...Deoxys D and S...Jellicent....Salamence...UU is fucked. I can't believe those guys are UU but my sweet Sylveon is in OU

editediteditedit: HOLY SHIT MANAPHY IS UU

we really should make the borderline tier between UU and OU bigger, make it a seperate, official tier MU, medium used
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:13:53 am by Akroma »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 03, 2014, 10:13:42 am »

editediteditedit: HOLY SHIT MANAPHY IS UU
^_^

Also, any tier between Over Used and Under Used should obviously be Fairly Used. 

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 03, 2014, 10:15:48 am »

last gen drizzle+swift swim was banned, now it's a UU thing. Dear god, the powercreep

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 03, 2014, 10:46:42 am »

last gen drizzle+swift swim was banned, now it's a UU thing. Dear god, the powercreep
Nah, that one, at least, was because of a nerf rather than power creep.  5/8 turns of weather is bad, but it's not nearly as bad as permanent weather.  It feels like there's still a lot of "new shinies" philosophy going around, though, since it covers three months; apart from the usual suspects, a lot of the top Pokemon are Pokemon that are still fresh and novel.  Kangaskhan, for instance, is definitely going to drop from OU once the stats stop including the period that M.Kanga was not banned. 

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 03, 2014, 10:49:03 am »

cant happen soon enough. Sylveon must be freed

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 03, 2014, 05:34:56 pm »

Hmmm made a Serene Grace team. I'm not super happy with it, but it's sorta kinda decent. It's great for getting people to rage quit at least!

Opponent one... oh he left.
Opponent tw- oh.
Finally an actual battle.

Edit: I got my OU ranking from the base 1000 to 1589 in those three battles!

Edit2:
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35