Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115807 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #645 on: November 01, 2013, 05:36:32 pm »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43736274/NPC%20Sheets/Logistics.txt <- Current overview on our supplies, and their costs

Picks and axes. Chains and manacles.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43736274/NPC%20Sheets/Race%20Roster.txt <- A nice overview of what races would work well on the ship, both financially and doctrinally.

Humans, elves, dwarves, halflings, half-elves. We're pirates, not bloody Romans. If we should abstract our crew to just one race then we should use the most common one simply widen recruitment potential.

We don't exactly need a sea cave. Just the harbour and an uninhabited island. So long as it's out of the way we shouldn't be found.

Next you'll be saying we shouldn't forcibly attach hooks and wooden legs to 10% of the crew, wear ridiculously poofy shirts or bury our treasure scattered over several different island, tear the only map into nine pieces and distribute them among various tavern-keepers, governors, and other quest givers for heroes to find.
...It's like your not even trying to be a pirate!

:P
Love, scriver~

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 01, 2013, 05:45:14 pm »

Oh, for Team Honour and Glory and Valour and Other Useless Nonsense, I'm going to end up being lookout, navigator, and scout. Comes with having Knowledge (geography), excellent perception, a reason tonbe in high places, and more than decent stealthiness.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 01, 2013, 05:47:39 pm »

Well, excuse me for trying to be financially efficient :P

And there's no point recruiting from the standard "Civilised/good" races, besides, that's just boring, I mean, we got a whole variety of different creatures and you want humans?
* Taricus keelhaul's scriver

As for the axes and picks, I'm going to wait on Remuthra on a ruling on woodcutter's axes and miner's picks.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 01, 2013, 05:48:53 pm »

Who doesn't love a good Goblin/Hobgoblin ship?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 01, 2013, 05:50:35 pm »

Well, excuse me for trying to be financially efficient :P

And there's no point recruiting from the standard "Civilised/good" races, besides, that's just boring, I mean, we got a whole variety of different creatures and you want humans?
* Taricus keelhaul's scriver

As for the axes and picks, I'm going to wait on Remuthra on a ruling on woodcutter's axes and miner's picks.
What ruling? It looked to me like you had everything sorted out.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 01, 2013, 05:53:22 pm »

Just want to know how much they cost for those two.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 01, 2013, 05:55:21 pm »

They're just tools for Profession (miner) and Profession (lumberjack). Use the costs for tools.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 01, 2013, 05:55:43 pm »

Who doesn't love a good Goblin/Hobgoblin ship?

Elves, Dwarves, and Gnomes. Humans and Halflings wouldn't care much for it but eh.

It sounds like everyone's playing mermen, psychic cult leaders, draconians dragonborn saurials half-dragons, etc. so I doubt racial tension is an issue.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 01, 2013, 05:58:21 pm »

Hey now. I'm a dragonborn.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 01, 2013, 05:59:01 pm »

Well, that list I had does have elves and drarves on it. Or atleast their evil/less morally scrupulous counterparts. And no gnomes unless we're dumping them in concrete to make lawn ornaments :P

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 01, 2013, 06:05:41 pm »

Remuthra, how should I calculate the level of my Thrall if I'm looking at monsters as Thralls? Hit Dice + Level Advancement or just HD?

Also, I support Hobgoblins and Duergar for crew. Hobgoblins crew it during the day, Duergar during the night.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 01, 2013, 06:10:51 pm »

Remuthra, how should I calculate the level of my Thrall if I'm looking at monsters as Thralls? Hit Dice + Level Advancement or just HD?

Also, I support Hobgoblins and Duergar for crew. Hobgoblins crew it during the day, Duergar during the night.
You don't get to choose your thralls, because they're just random creatures that are psychically compelled to come be your minions.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 01, 2013, 06:16:50 pm »

You don't get to choose your thralls, because they're just random creatures that are psychically compelled to come be your minions.
But you said I got to choose the first round, and then you would assign the rest.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 01, 2013, 06:19:38 pm »

But you said I got to choose the first round, and then you would assign the rest.
No, that was those Believer things you have five of. After the game starts, though, you'll have to be approached by more of those.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 01, 2013, 06:24:55 pm »

No, that was those Believer things you have five of. After the game starts, though, you'll have to be approached by more of those.
Okay, I get that part. But I get a Thrall, which is like a Cohort. Do I get to choose that?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57