Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115801 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #600 on: November 01, 2013, 12:52:39 pm »

"Thrallherds send out a resonating psychic call, a call that urges those who may be actively or subconsciously seeking someone to guide them, control them, or lead them to come to the thrallherd. These followers of the thrallherd are completely loyal fanatics who will follow the thrallherd’s instructions completely. As a result, thrallherds tend to have large retinues that can either stay close to the thrallherd, go out and perform varied tasks, or even stay behind and manage the thrallherd’s residence."
"A thrallherd who has just entered the class sends out a subtle psychic call for servants, and that call is answered. Essentially, the character gains something akin to the Leadership feat, but with some important differences. Those who answer a thrallherd’s call are not referred to as cohorts and followers, but rather as thralls and believers, respectively. They do not appear because they admire the character and want to serve her, but because a hidden psychic resonance connects the thrallherd and her servants."
I'd say that they are capable of higher level critical thinking, they are just mentally enslaved. The way I'm styling my character is that it's sort of a hive-mind.
Edit: But the Legendary Captain is going to act as helmsman/navigator, right? Also, who's on Team Evil? Its hard to keep track.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:59:22 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 01, 2013, 12:56:45 pm »

Hive-mind? I think that may just imply that high-level thinking may not be all there. Could just take leadership and go full psion as well.

Also, LC? TE? Mind using non-abbreviated forms please. Would be nice to actually understand what you are talking about there :/
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 01, 2013, 01:02:14 pm »

"Thrallherds send out a resonating psychic call, a call that urges those who may be actively or subconsciously seeking someone to guide them, control them, or lead them to come to the thrallherd. These followers of the thrallherd are completely loyal fanatics who will follow the thrallherd’s instructions completely. As a result, thrallherds tend to have large retinues that can either stay close to the thrallherd, go out and perform varied tasks, or even stay behind and manage the thrallherd’s residence."
"A thrallherd who has just entered the class sends out a subtle psychic call for servants, and that call is answered. Essentially, the character gains something akin to the Leadership feat, but with some important differences. Those who answer a thrallherd’s call are not referred to as cohorts and followers, but rather as thralls and believers, respectively. They do not appear because they admire the character and want to serve her, but because a hidden psychic resonance connects the thrallherd and her servants."
I'd say that they are capable of higher level critical thinking, they are just mentally enslaved. The way I'm styling my character is that it's sort of a hive-mind.
Edit: But the Legendary Captain is going to act as helmsman/navigator, right? Also, who's on Team Evil? Its hard to keep track.

Team Good is taking Legendary Captain. I'm not. I don't think anyway. I should have enough skills in the right places to do most of the Helm and Navigation work though.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 01, 2013, 01:03:04 pm »

Hive-mind? I think that may just imply that high-level thinking may not be all there. Could just take leadership and go full psion as well.

Also, LC? TE? Mind using non-abbreviated forms please. Would be nice to actually understand what you are talking about there :/
Hm. I guess that hivemind isn't the best way to describe it, but I was envisioning each member of my flock as an extra limb/sensory organ/mental capacity. Less like slaves, more like one being, with access to multiple skill sets, all arrayed in different bodies.

Also, fixed the abbreviations.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 01, 2013, 01:08:48 pm »

Team evil, as far as I know, contains Weirdsound (Captain), Scriver (First Mate), Myself (Master at Arms), GWG (???) and you. Anyone else is unconfirmed or on team good.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 01, 2013, 01:12:11 pm »

I'll take QM, if no one minds.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 01, 2013, 01:24:06 pm »

Alright, just take forgery incase we need to come up with a proof or purchase when we try to sell something. I'd rather not get moored on an island because we didn't have any :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 01, 2013, 01:29:30 pm »

I would love to say that my flock isn't powergaming, but it kind of is. Well, I probably should be okay if Remuthra makes me pay for their equipment. They are only 5th and 1st level after all. I should be okay. Anyway, I am very weak in a one on one fight.
Indeed.
I'd make a Worm reference, but...spoilers.
Spoiler: Actual spoilers! (click to show/hide)
Coil. Cobra is the guys from GI Joe.
And yeah, the spoilers I'm talking about...well, I was thinking of the last arc. Trust me, get to the first chapter of Speck and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Anyone know where we are getting the ship stats from? Seafarers Handbook?
Stormwrack, I thought.

Also there's probably rules for ships somewhere in core if someone really wants to use them.
Not much.

There's a Beguiler race?
Yeah, Shining South, small magical beasts with true seeing a bonus to int and a big str penalty. Favoured snack of various ethereal beasties. Fun for when you want to play a Beguiler(Race) Beguiler(Class).
My thoughts exactly.

I'm going to let us hire a cook, since I don't really want to sacrifice one of my flock for that.
Bah, who needs a cook? Just get a pot of seawater, chuck some fish and stuff in it, boil it, and cast Purify Drink and Water on it if anyone complains.
(Note: Darfellans are not famed for their quality cuisine.)

I do think I recall one of the houserules saying that rangers' companions advance like druids'.
Four levels behind, though (IIRC).

Remind me, what book is that from? One of the Psionics ones?

Team evil, as far as I know, contains Weirdsound (Captain), Scriver (First Mate), Myself (Master at Arms), GWG (???) and you. Anyone else is unconfirmed or on team good.
Chaplain, I guess. Healer/Medic, certainly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 01, 2013, 01:32:54 pm »

Four Levels Behind? Back to an owl with no bonus 'cept a trick then.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 01, 2013, 01:34:25 pm »

Alright, just take forgery incase we need to come up with a proof or purchase when we try to sell something. I'd rather not get moored on an island because we didn't have any :P
Why? I have Suggestion, Charm, Read Thoughts, False Sensory Input and a ton of points in Diplomacy. It's pretty great.

Remind me, what book is that from? One of the Psionics ones?
Expanded Psionics Handbook.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 01, 2013, 01:36:19 pm »

Taric just asked you to not abbreviate :P
What does QM mean?

I do think I recall one of the houserules saying that rangers' companions advance like druids'.
Four levels behind, though (IIRC).

House rules.
Love, scriver~

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 01, 2013, 01:37:31 pm »

Taric just asked you to not abbreviate :P
What does QM mean?
Sorry, played far too much Space Station 13. Quarter Master. Basically in charge of the ship when not in combat.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 01, 2013, 01:37:50 pm »

Nope, it's the same as the druid's due to a houserule Weird. And the position is called Prelate GWG.

There are rules in the core player handbook, but I'd assume those are bare-bones. Hopefully the upgrades outlined in the arms and equipment guide are applicable to the ships in stormwrack though.

Ninjaedit: That works too, but still make sure they don't have any evidence to point the finger at us. And don't count on the diplomacy points as well. And Quartermaster Scriver, though I'd like both if possible >.>

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 01, 2013, 01:44:48 pm »

As far a draconic feats go, I also have draconic power, which gives me a boost to CL and raises the save DCs against my spells that involve my chosen dragon type's element (in this case, fire). Next feat, I think I'll go for draconic flight, which lets me fly a short distance whenever I cast a spell as a standard action. I get 10 ft per spell level.

EDIT: now that I think about it, choosing blue dragon for my feats would be better, for lightning.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 01:50:17 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 01, 2013, 01:48:01 pm »

Flight seems a little situational. But Draconic power seems fine to me. In my view, change flight for something more practical for most situations and it should be good.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57