Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115967 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #315 on: October 30, 2013, 01:34:28 pm »

I believe Scriver wanted first mate, so I'll take Boatswain (So I have an IC reason to do all the accounting and such)

And I can get the ship supplied with 1400 gp. But that only leaves around 600 gp on the crew... Which seems enough for a bunch of fourth-level hirelings for a few weeks. Admittedly, they'll come unarmed, so more money in that pot to arm them would be nice.

EDIT: For the ship name, Birth of Oblivion and Siren's Suitor sounds good to me.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 30, 2013, 01:40:24 pm »

You players, taking the meaning of the title and changing it :P.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 30, 2013, 01:41:23 pm »

Hey, if one party WAS the thing the other party was contacted to deal with... well :D

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 30, 2013, 01:52:14 pm »

Hey, if one party WAS the thing the other party was contacted to deal with... well :D

I'm a level 1 Dread Pirate now, so I don't have a reputation yet. That would be unlikely.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 30, 2013, 01:53:10 pm »

...Point. Still would've been hilarious though.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2013, 02:02:22 pm »

I'd put myself up for First Mate or Boatswain (which are really just the same position, isn't it?). Won't do much good as a carpenter.

Crew - I still say we take whatever we get. The scum of the ocean, that's us!

Name: Sea Bitch's Froth ;)

pre-edit: Aye, yes, I did kind of call dibs, I guess. But if I'm taking First Mate I'd like to know what my duties are if the Boatswain handles the crew and such.
Love, scriver~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2013, 02:03:16 pm »

I take it you act like second in command and such, while I deal with the logistical side and all.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 30, 2013, 02:20:51 pm »

I'd put myself up for First Mate or Boatswain (which are really just the same position, isn't it?). Won't do much good as a carpenter.

pre-edit: Aye, yes, I did kind of call dibs, I guess. But if I'm taking First Mate I'd like to know what my duties are if the Boatswain handles the crew and such.

Your captain when I'm not on the boat or otherwise indisposed. I intend to dump all 8 points in gather information next level. I intend to do a lot of hanging out in bars, and spying on ships at port while in animal form, so I might not be around all the time. Also, if I gave you the position it means that we are likely very close friends ICly, or at least that I trust and respect you, so generally your orders law unless the contradict mine or piss off the other PCs.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 30, 2013, 02:51:56 pm »

Sorry to double post, but my background and marching orders are finished. I think my sheet is done. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=693375

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 30, 2013, 03:25:27 pm »

Looks good, though he does look like he could use an informal nickname, or alteast something without so many syllables in it (The current name would work brilliantly as an ephitet however).

Also managed to draft up a nice little guideline for equipping our crew as well: Here and if it looks like we have the money to start with a full compliment (As in, the money to hire. We got the supplies.) along with equipping them, we're set.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 30, 2013, 05:44:42 pm »

Your captain when I'm not on the boat or otherwise indisposed. I intend to dump all 8 points in gather information next level. I intend to do a lot of hanging out in bars, and spying on ships at port while in animal form, so I might not be around all the time. Also, if I gave you the position it means that we are likely very close friends ICly, or at least that I trust and respect you, so generally your orders law unless the contradict mine or piss off the other PCs.

I accept these terms. In return, I promise not to give orders to set sail the minute you leave for shore ;)

@Taricus - We should give the archers handaxes instead of shirt swords. Axes are always handy to have around on a ship.
Love, scriver~

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 30, 2013, 06:11:39 pm »

I accept these terms. In return, I promise not to give orders to set sail the minute you leave for shore ;)

@Taricus - We should give the archers handaxes instead of shirt swords. Axes are always handy to have around on a ship.
It's generally a good plan to have tool-weapons on your hirelings. The extra 5% or whatever bump in overall damage is less important than the one time the DM forgot you have 50 guys with picks and axes.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 30, 2013, 06:20:30 pm »

There's a difference between a woodsman's axe, and a war axe. And I'm doing all the book-keeping in relation to our hirelings, so there shouldn't be any forgetting about that.

EDIT: The NPC Equipment sheet should be revised now, and in more detail. I forgot to save the most recent edition until now >.>
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:30:47 pm by Taricus »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 30, 2013, 06:30:16 pm »

Plus, with my admantine greatsword, there's no need for axes and such, I can theoretically carve my way through a stone wall with it.....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 30, 2013, 06:32:40 pm »

Remind me to start placing bombs in the walls.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57