Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 84803 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #780 on: November 11, 2013, 07:39:51 pm »

Psychiatrists prescribing watermelons for people with Depression.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 11, 2013, 09:03:35 pm »

Now to wait for Gil or Dwar to post saying what they found...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 11, 2013, 09:06:49 pm »

Holdron found trees. But he investigated further. Found more trees that were hidden by the first trees.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 11, 2013, 09:27:53 pm »

Holdron found trees. But he investigated further. Found more trees that were hidden by the first trees.

"At first I thought there were just trees. But I looked closer. And then.. then i found... a forest, hidden among the trees, hidden in plain view. What trickery."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 11, 2013, 09:31:32 pm »

"Tis trickery most foul! The trees are obviously a powerful witch trying to form together into Treeatron, Destroyer of Worlds! Swiftly my allies! We must turn this forest alight lest we all be devoured by a coniferous beast!"

[I really hope that's the right word]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 11, 2013, 10:33:07 pm »

Coniferous are pine forests. Ashii came from a land of pine forests.
Conclusion: druid is actually evil jungle, will eat all of you.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 11, 2013, 10:56:15 pm »

How could you see them?

Clearly the first trees were providing total concealment.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 11, 2013, 10:57:03 pm »

How could you see them?

Clearly the first trees were providing total concealment.
He looked inside the trees to find them.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 12, 2013, 02:22:37 am »

Question, the tree has comfortable space for 6 people, yes...

What happens to the people who don't get into the 'camp space'? I assume they can set up a tent in someplace by themselves, but probably not in comfort (I dont know the survival rules for setting up camp)...do they not get 8 full hours of rest?

If they get the fatigued (or exhausted) penalty, I'll probably have to search for another camp area...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 12, 2013, 02:54:26 am »

People who don't rest at Tree Camp may set up camp somewhere else. They won't get the benefits of a successful survival check (ie. free food and water, +4 to Fortitude saves against weather) unless someone else makes that check and may (depending on the random encounter table) end up running afoul of a natural hazard like poison ivy. They can get a full 8 hours of rest that way and will not be fatigued unless they're sleeping in armour or something.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 12, 2013, 03:12:14 am »

I can already see Orgarr bumbling into a quicksand pit while being eaten by a giant snake...I suggest you other guys just choose a place near the camp tree. Most of us actually have pretty good WIS and can probably set up a tent with some luck. Or Eli can make an entirely separate camp, but that will obviously divide our groups in the night...

Also, tree space is going to have be reserved for the injured first of all, followed by any spellcasters who need to replenish their powers. I don't think we have much of either, though I took 3 fire damage to the face.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 12, 2013, 04:05:44 am »

I propose someone bribes Grek into allowing us make a teamwork benefit for basic survival stuff.  (Teamwork benefits basically are a team-wide feat that doesn't use up a feat.  It allows a concentrated effort that allows people whose skills are less than others to still contribute.  One of the example teamwork benefits involves sneaking, and it negates the penalty for sneaking at normal speed.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 12, 2013, 05:04:27 am »

That requires some foresight in character creation tho...I suppose it has it's uses. That being said, most of the leader pre-reqs I can see neeed 8 or 12 ranks, which none of us have yet at our level.

I like the look of this, however. :P

MISSILE VOLLEY
Your team excels at firing as a group, unleashing a saturated wave of arrows and bolts. Each member places her shots so that the target cannot dodge them all. Training: Your team practices by taking aim at a number of small targets clustered together (representing different spots on the body of a single enemy). Each of you can learn to place your shots so as to cover every part of a target with a single joint volley.
Task Leader Prerequisite: Far Shot and Precise Shot.
Team Member Prerequisite: Point Blank Shot.
Benefit: Every member of the team who readies an action to fire a missile weapon when the task leader does gains a bonus on the attack roll equal to the number of team members firing. The task leader also qualifies for the bonus, even though she did not ready an action. All these attacks must be made against the same target.
Tips: Since everyone except the task leader must ready an action to fi re, the other team members lose their additional attacks. Thus, the team is trading a high number of attack rolls for a smaller number of attacks that are more likely to hit. This benefit works best when a single, skilled archer (the task leader) uses her teammates’ help to improve her accuracy.

As for survival, I haven't found much of anything yet-only one that reduces the DC of aid-another to 5, and increases spot/listen checks on watch.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 12, 2013, 06:23:27 am »

Question, the tree has comfortable space for 6 people, yes...

What happens to the people who don't get into the 'camp space'? I assume they can set up a tent in someplace by themselves, but probably not in comfort (I dont know the survival rules for setting up camp)...do they not get 8 full hours of rest?
If by "the tree" you actually meant "the space under/around the tree" then Vray is fine, she has an Elven Tree Tent. I thought it might come in handy in a jungle.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 12, 2013, 06:32:44 am »

I have a hammock.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58