Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 84908 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #450 on: October 26, 2013, 08:16:16 am »

Make sure to put your marching orders on your character sheets so everyone can find them easier. That way no one has conflicting orders and can work together a lot better.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 26, 2013, 08:46:16 am »

Oddly enough if doesn't seem to like me putting the MO on my char sheet. Hmm.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 26, 2013, 12:48:23 pm »

I don't know the exact layout but somewhere in the middle would be good for my character's marching order
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 26, 2013, 12:51:18 pm »

I should probably be near the front, so I can look threatening and hit things.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 27, 2013, 02:40:30 am »

Hahaha, oh wow. I'm down to 98gp and change, and I haven't even bought any potions. This is going to be !!FUN!!

Edit: Also, Weirdsound, I think there may be some friction between our characters. Don't smite me bro!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 04:29:01 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 27, 2013, 06:14:23 am »

Hahaha, oh wow. I'm down to 98gp and change, and I haven't even bought any potions. This is going to be !!FUN!!

Edit: Also, Weirdsound, I think there may be some friction between our characters. Don't smite me bro!
Yeah, I saw that whole NE thing. I also noted that 4/6 of my barefisted punches can kill you in a single hit.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 27, 2013, 06:36:43 am »

Looks like I'm going to have to invest in a lead sheet. Stop oppressing my culture!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 27, 2013, 06:38:08 am »

Looks like I'm going to have to invest in a lead sheet. Stop oppressing my culture!
That says nothing of the Cold Iron Longsword I have here  :D.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 27, 2013, 06:51:32 am »

Grek said he wouldn't be holding us to alignment/code of conduct stuff too strictly. We just have to make sure our characters get on each other's good sides before we both enter combat against something I'd want to detect evil against. Then there'd just be some friction, but I wouldn't have to kill ya without good reason.

---

Also, we might as well start planning what we want to do once the game starts. Perhaps a two way split? I was thinking perhaps one group goes to bless the fork in the river for a temple, because it would be nice if we could make the river less nasty, and one group seeks out a local tribe to sign a peace treaty with, because it pays alot...

I'm tentatively thinking my character and Harbingerjm's should be on the diplomacy team if we go that route, because priests might not want an evil character loitering around the blessing of a temple, and we can hunt a tribe by foot and I' rather avoid putting my heavy tin can on the water where she can drown easily.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 27, 2013, 06:54:50 am »

I believe I should go bless the river, because it will likely involve combat, and it's all about carrying a heavy thing to a place. That's practically my character description.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 27, 2013, 07:06:30 am »

Haha, yeah, I wish. Half-Fey, not Fey. I get exactl- oh, huh. According to the update, I do get DR5/"Iron" (presumably shorthand for Cold Iron). Thanks!

Grek said he wouldn't be holding us to alignment/code of conduct stuff too strictly. We just have to make sure our characters get on each other's good sides before we both enter combat against something I'd want to detect evil against. Then there'd just be some friction, but I wouldn't have to kill ya without good reason.
Just refrain from detect'n'smite in my direction and we'll be fine.

Also, I think my character might do better going for the river, given a) aquatic, b) inventory weight means I'd rather leave my pack in the boat most of the time and c) the boat gives me something to take cover behind. Although that might be less of an issue with DR, actually.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 27, 2013, 07:07:11 am »

I'll go on the river expedition as well, since I can provide a lot of passive protection to the priest, and aquatic adaption
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 27, 2013, 07:09:07 am »

Haha, yeah, I wish. Half-Fey, not Fey. I get exactl- oh, huh. According to the update, I do get DR5/"Iron" (presumably shorthand for Cold Iron). Thanks!

Also, I think my character might do better going for the river, given a) aquatic, b) inventory weight means I'd rather leave my pack in the boat most of the time and c) the boat gives me something to take cover behind. Although that might be less of an issue with DR, actually.
I could carry your equipment. That's one of my primary functions.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 27, 2013, 07:20:22 am »

I could carry your equipment. That's one of my primary functions.

We will be in a boat. I'm sure there will be room for my armor if I'm not wearing it. The problem being if I don't have my armor on I may be royally screwed if we get ambushed on the river, but if I am wearing it, I will be in deep crap if I fall off the boat. I have a lighter armor I could wear for the trip though.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 27, 2013, 07:36:43 am »

I think number 2 might be the mission I would want to start on-no combat obviously needed, just good perception checks and some travel overland.  Both things my char is good at.

We might need somebody to heal the crew, if they are wounded...

So, any takers for the locate the lost expedition mission along with me?

Also, I think we should save the 'pacifying' the natives for our whole team, or close enough. That sounds like a bloodbath in the making. I doubt it will be as easy as popping in, hitttng a 15 on your diplo check and getting paid. And if we make peace with one, we'll probably be making enemies with another.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 58