Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 84869 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #480 on: October 27, 2013, 09:20:03 am »

@Remuthra: Well, lets say a guy weighs 200 pds...try to be able to carry 3-4 guys by yourself, if possible. I'm thinking the other 4(?) of us can travois together one or two each. It's up to you, really. Don't leave home without something you need.

Or we can hope it was a halfling expedition, at which points we each stuff all of them into your pockets.

How much would it cost to get a sled or small cart? If we are not traveling by river, my mount can double as a beast of burden in a pinch. If we are traveling by river, we just travel with allot of empty canoe space.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 27, 2013, 09:36:41 am »

Edit: Also, Weirdsound, I think there may be some friction between our characters. Don't smite me bro!
Yeah, I saw that whole NE thing. I also noted that 4/6 of my barefisted punches can kill you in a single hit.
That might cut down the arguments.
(Also, you need to deal hp+10 lethal damage to kill.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 27, 2013, 09:38:32 am »

Edit: Also, Weirdsound, I think there may be some friction between our characters. Don't smite me bro!
Yeah, I saw that whole NE thing. I also noted that 4/6 of my barefisted punches can kill you in a single hit.
(I only need hp+1 to kill, since you're effectively dead without help at that point. Also, I refer you to my Improved Unarmed Strike.)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 27, 2013, 09:40:30 am »

I'd like to point out that Holdron [myself] is more likely to side with the evil dude who isn't killing team-mates for his own perverted moral reasoning. Just throwing it out there.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 27, 2013, 09:42:10 am »

I'd like to point out that Holdron [myself] is more likely to side with the evil dude who isn't killing team-mates for his own perverted moral reasoning. Just throwing it out there.
Hey, I'm not saying I will or even want to kill any teammates. I'm just pointing out that I could, so don't try anything.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 27, 2013, 09:44:03 am »

You never know with those Lawful good types.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 27, 2013, 09:44:41 am »

Hey, I'm not saying I will or even want to kill any teammates. I'm just pointing out that I could, so don't try anything.
Vray isn't that kind of evil.

How much would it cost to get a sled or small cart? If we are not traveling by river, my mount can double as a beast of burden in a pinch. If we are traveling by river, we just travel with allot of empty canoe space.
Hmmm...
On that note, Grek, what profile does the "Guard Dog" from the Player Handbook use?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 27, 2013, 09:56:46 am »

(I only need hp+1 to kill, since you're effectively dead without help at that point. Also, I refer you to my Improved Unarmed Strike.)
((And yet, he's not dead in a single hit.
And nevermind to the other point.))

You never know with those Lawful stupid types.
FTFY.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 27, 2013, 09:58:04 am »

You never know with those Lawful good types.
Actually, I'm Lawful Neutral.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 27, 2013, 10:34:14 am »

Whatever. I'm gonna be lawful good just to show you guys how it can be done without being lawful stupid. Plus I'm already like a non-magical paladin anyway, so.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 27, 2013, 11:08:32 am »

I think I would be fine with going on the search party looking for those missing people. I can heal, provide/clean food and water and if they speak different languages, I can translate for them. Not to mention I should be good enough in a fight and can help support the survivors in one too.

For my marching orders, I'll sum it up here quickly and put the details on my sheet:

• When on boat, stay in the middle or rear spots. When on land, keep in the center of the group for maximum effect on buffing spells.
  • In combat, cast group buffs first while everyone is still in range, then if it looks like a tough fight, personal buffs on me or fighters. Then flank the enemy with the front liners.
  • After combat, if there are seriously wounded people, heal them with prepared healing spells.
  • Use utility spells if situation calls for it.

Now I just need to decide which spells to take out of all the MANY cleric spells I have access to...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 27, 2013, 11:33:06 am »

Well, I believe I am done. Finally.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:36:50 am by Harbingerjm »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 27, 2013, 11:33:56 am »

Is your sheet public?
Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 27, 2013, 11:37:19 am »

Yes. The one I had open and linked was not, however  :-[

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 27, 2013, 01:01:26 pm »

I am also done! I've made a few small last minute changes when I found out about an awesome feat for me: Touch of Healing, in Complete Champion. As long as I have a conjuration (healing) spell available, I can use a standard action to heal someone for 3hp per spell level of the highest conjuration (healing) spell I've got available. It only works against people who are half health or lower though, and it takes a standard action to touch them and only works on those who are affected by cure spells. I will never have to use a wand of CLW EVER. Right now, with a CMW ready, I can heal 6hp for every touch, so that's really damn good.

So yeah, awesome. Here's my finished character with marching orders: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=688058
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 58