Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 70774 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Murder is tax deductible! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #315 on: December 01, 2013, 10:26:07 am »

Diary of Maskwolf
Well, I have decided to write another entry in this old, decrepit diary.  Today, I took control of Olin's crossbow squad.  She wasn't happy about it, but when I challenged her to a duel she backed down.  Like all criminals, she was cowardly in the face of death.  And she died during the undead siege.  Good riddance to bad trash, I say.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 01, 2013, 10:55:26 am »

Journal of Grim, broker of Chamberdrums

Liz is back in charge. Good thing too, we need to remember just who has been in this whole thing from the start.

A bunch of flithy goblins attacked, a whole bunch of their trolls tried to batter down the doors but me and the lads gave them a good seeing to with our crossbows. Their blood was a most unusual blue colour, very light, smelt a bit like the taste of copper. The way they bellowed and roared in pain was almost melodic, quite enchanting really. I can't wait for more to try their hand at besting us, at besting me.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:57:51 am by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 01, 2013, 11:00:17 am »

Okay, what is Grim's crossbow skill?

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 01, 2013, 11:09:44 am »

Okay, what is Grim's crossbow skill?
He's a professional marksdwarf.

By the way, we've captured a goblin hammerlord during the second attempted assault.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:14:17 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 01, 2013, 03:34:32 pm »

Hmm, I'd kind of like to get a chance to gut him in close quarters. Strip his gear and give me a hammer for a minute or two and we'll see how I fare.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 01, 2013, 09:09:22 pm »

Nuckles says "Ha, I'll fight this hammer lord with his equipment on.  A safe cracker like me doesn't have any business leading the fort or the military anyway.  Just give me a last smoke and it's game time."

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 01, 2013, 11:18:58 pm »

I'm in for another round.

Edit:  Although I have been busy with other forts, I like this fort a lot, and will gladly play as many rounds as we go for, so count me in indefinitely :).  I just haven't had time to write journals for my dorf in this game.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 02, 2013, 01:44:06 am »

Arena time!  :) I'll We also have a wounded troll (when Nuckles swung his mace, the troll dodged right into the cage trap), some walking corpses and a regular goblin pikeman.

I'll update the OP in the evening.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 02, 2013, 10:22:37 am »

I'll go for another turn.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 02, 2013, 12:52:22 pm »

From the personal log of Monitor Lizard, overseer:

Goblin pikemen are advancing! I've immediately ordered to raise the bridge. Some of the raiders got caught there when it started rising. They were flung by it for a couple of meters, but nobody got really hurt, and soon they proseeded to retreat.

At that time Cyatica informed me that she had constructed yet another masterpiece. They're mostly coffins and doors we've been churning out recently.

Not now, captain! We've got a siege outside our walls!

We managed to catch one of their officers. I hope they'll back off soon.

The militia captain claimed a metalsmith's forge. I would be happy if he constucts something useful.

We're being besieged by goblins, yet everyone keeps partying.

It's time for Nuckles and his squad to go into the battle. I asked our militia commander to gather his forces near the main doors. Their task is to wipe the rest of the pikegoblins and trolls in the courtyard.

CHAAARGE!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:11:25 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 02, 2013, 07:20:55 pm »

"Common crew, it's time to put an end to this.  They want our gems and drugs, but this is OUR turf and that ain't gonna happen.  Let's Kill Them ALL!!"

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2013, 12:27:20 am »

OOC note: I let Nuckles and Grim fight with the goblin leader, two times each. Both times Nuckles ended lying on the floor with his legs, arms, shoulders or toes broken with the hammerlord running around him searching for the exit (Though our mechanic was good enough to stand against the goblin for quite a good time). Grim showed good results with the crossbow loaded with wooden bolts (Although the goblin leader hit him a few times), but he wasn't that great with a hammer, only standing for a few seconds. Our militia capitain also produced a golden statue of dwarves.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2013, 10:03:28 am »

Ha, didn't think I had a chance, so being able to last a while is good news.  But with one leg already mangled, I probably don't want to lose the other one too. 

A gold statue is an awesome artifact.  I was having trouble finding spots for statues and other decorations though.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2013, 10:28:25 am »

You could dig alcoves into the dining room walls.  I use that method in forts to good effect.  Or you could dig out a statue garden room.  When possible i like to make a zoo or statue garden above ground.  Then you fight cabe adaptation and give good thoughts in one go.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 03, 2013, 11:48:20 am »

From the personal log of Monitor Lizard, overseer:

Good news! A couple of days ago one of our militia captains prodused a great gold statue. It reenacts the foundation of Stockadepoint in 70 - one of the most remarkable pages of our history. It also features a story about our monarchy's dark heritage - it is whispered that the first queen of the nation was a moon horror wife.

I found out that we had a ton of diorite blocks in our stockpile. I think we can use this for building roads in the upper levels of the fortress.

We tried to get rid of goblin commander, but it was not that easy. Even surronded, he kept fighting against the group of well-trained dwarves.

Finally, Nuckles was able to land a good hit. He bashed the goblin a few times with his iron mace, and then Daria attacked from aside and killed the wounded goblin commander.

Macegoblins are coming! I ordered the marksdwarves to gather in the fortified gallery again.

F**K YOU, MR. MAYOR! WE ARE NOT GONNA GIVE YOU A TRIFLE PEWTER ARMOR STAND!

Somedwarf keeps tantruming on the barracks level. Loud clangs can be heard as he throws pieces of armor across the training hall.

Finally he stopped. I think we should somehow cheer up our citisens.

We broke the siege! The goblins are leaving! Glory to Chamberdrums! I think I should place the statue next to the AseaHeru hospital, to commemorate the heroic work of our madical dwarves during the siege.

The elves came to trade with us! I immediately order to lower the bridge. We should trade some old rags and weapons for their food and booze. What, what's that? IT'S THE GOBLINS!

SCREW ELVES, RAISE THE BRIDGE NOW! GRAB YOUR WEAPONS! WE ARE BESIEGED! GOBLINS ARE COMING!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:11:35 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44