Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Steelhold - A Penal Colony Succession Game  (Read 56909 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Steelhold - A Penal Colony Succession Game
« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2013, 10:15:16 pm »

Downloaded the save, i'm a bit busy but i should have the posts soon.

Edit: Good god what the hell is this, i've spent the last hour trying to get the bloody workers working, designating new spaces for workshops, i have no clue where ANYTHING is, what is up and down and just how we have this many dwarves stowed here. The farms are tiny as well and we're running out of booze. Argh This is gonna be tough.

Edit Edit: Where the heck are the barracks(es)? I just arghle.
Don't forget to dwarf me!

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 19, 2013, 02:06:50 am »

What lehenan might have looked like in his hour of triumph

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 19, 2013, 02:13:46 am »

What lehenan might have looked like in his hour of triumph

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Excellent drawing; the silhouette of Lenehan, in my opinion, captures the sinister atmosphere well.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 19, 2013, 02:18:07 am »

Ha! I'm glad you like it, ill try crank out a few of the other dwarfs.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2013, 02:26:55 am »

Ha! I'm glad you like it, ill try crank out a few of the other dwarfs.
I myself was going to try my hand at Asmoth, though considering that you have legitimate talent where I do not, you'd certainly do a better job.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2013, 06:35:22 pm »

These pictures are awesome, could you do my dwarf?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 21, 2013, 07:55:18 am »

I'd give it a try, but drawing isn't one of my strong points.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 21, 2013, 08:09:55 pm »

Yeap ill try get the povs done during the elven mist
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:12:28 pm by Adventurer »

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 21, 2013, 08:51:18 pm »

My thirst for updates has let me to look through Legends mode, sifting around for some history on the dwarves of Steelhold. Here's some fun stuff:

Ensomden was attacked by a one-eyed horror when he was a few months old. The horror smashed one of his molars. Two years later, the mate of a different horror attacked him, but he got away safe and sound.

My dwarf took up hunting great beasts as soon as he got married - at age 12. By great beasts, I mean polar bears and yetis. He ambushed them. With a mace. Of particular interest is his feud with a yeti named Hushedenjoyed, which began in 217 and ended in 235, with Rhaken striking down the yeti after multiple encounters.

The general of our civilization, Onol Berūz, began her career as a humble architect. Then, after becoming general, she decided that running the military wasn't enough fun and began to make trips to the caverns. While there, she dedicated herself to taming the creatures of the deeps, such as giant olms, rutherers and cave crocodiles. Crocodile mcDundee?

Kivish Konosil, our queen, became monarch under strange circumstances. After pursuing a career in woodworking at the mountainhomes, she moved to Chainbell to become a soap maker. Some time later, she began to wander the wilds. After three years of wandering, she returned to the mountainhomes of Sprinkledlabor in 243 and immediately became queen. There is no mention of her husband joining in on her wanderings. Might be worth exploring this.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 21, 2013, 09:15:35 pm »

My thirst for updates has let me to look through Legends mode, sifting around for some history on the dwarves of Steelhold. Here's some fun stuff:

Ensomden was attacked by a one-eyed horror when he was a few months old. The horror smashed one of his molars. Two years later, the mate of a different horror attacked him, but he got away safe and sound.

My dwarf took up hunting great beasts as soon as he got married - at age 12. By great beasts, I mean polar bears and yetis. He ambushed them. With a mace. Of particular interest is his feud with a yeti named Hushedenjoyed, which began in 217 and ended in 235, with Rhaken striking down the yeti after multiple encounters.

The general of our civilization, Onol Berūz, began her career as a humble architect. Then, after becoming general, she decided that running the military wasn't enough fun and began to make trips to the caverns. While there, she dedicated herself to taming the creatures of the deeps, such as giant olms, rutherers and cave crocodiles. Crocodile mcDundee?

Kivish Konosil, our queen, became monarch under strange circumstances. After pursuing a career in woodworking at the mountainhomes, she moved to Chainbell to become a soap maker. Some time later, she began to wander the wilds. After three years of wandering, she returned to the mountainhomes of Sprinkledlabor in 243 and immediately became queen. There is no mention of her husband joining in on her wanderings. Might be worth exploring this.
Probably inherited the throne
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 21, 2013, 09:57:24 pm »

From who, her husband?
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 21, 2013, 10:25:59 pm »

From who, her husband?
Her mother/father? Who said a male had to take the throne you sexist maniac!? Just pulling your leg bud :P I recall in a book I read, the ruler is always a queen, not a king, but mind you the book is extremely sexist to men...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 22, 2013, 09:13:07 am »

She could have just randomly gotten the throne either if the last monarch died with no children.

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 22, 2013, 03:46:48 pm »

This is taking some doing, i've rebuilt the marksdwarf squad though i can't get them training yet, started expanding some areas and worked on trying to make the fort more interconnected but this unholy hive of pathways is driving even me insane. I can only wonder just what you've all been doing since the start of this place.
tl;dr: My fortress is literally powered by puppy skulls.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 22, 2013, 05:20:14 pm »

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I know I certainly haven't been performing gruesome experiments on my fellow dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22