Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Steelhold - A Penal Colony Succession Game  (Read 56908 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Steelhold - A Penal Colony Succession Game
« Reply #255 on: November 17, 2013, 10:47:30 pm »

The way how I worded it, I tried to make it sound as if they aren't fully there yet, but I may just ask redorfing as a new guy, but tied to with Modi and jackal... Perhaps a relative?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2013, 10:47:55 pm »

Undated Entry. The writing is pressed deep into the paper, and the handwriting is worse than the other entries in this journal.

No.
No!
NO!
NO!!

Elf-lover's dead but now we have a new problem on our hand, guys.
Guys.
Guys.
Listen guys.
Guys listen, Labcoat-dwarf guys.
Guys, Labcoat-dwarf, guys.

He's trying to bring THEM back.
They're the ones who made me like this. They made me kill my friends all those years ago. Now they'll make Asmoth kill us all, too. He'll go into the Pit next, and he'll end up just like me. He'll be Cursed.

I've seen the ceremony he's trying to do. It's awful, guys, I recognize it so well. They showed it to me too...I know exactly what he's been doing wrong. I need to stop him, I need to stop him...

Stop him...but how?
I don't want to kill him too. He's my friend. I don't want to kill any of my friends ever again.

Oh, guys, what do I do?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:49:36 pm by BlackMuffin »
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2013, 10:59:37 pm »

Who says demons aren't damned souls?
I suppose I've always followed the Christian belief that daemons are rebel angels, though considering that this is a video game, I suppose such theological beliefs can be ignored and the daemons can indeed be damned souls. I wonder in which direction Lenehan went.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2013, 11:01:26 pm »

Well, I did consign his soul to the demons... But perhaps Armok will reward him for not falling completely to the corruption. Who knows. Only Lenehan does.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2013, 11:13:33 pm »

Probably went to elf heaven, which is probably dwarf hell

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 17, 2013, 11:15:10 pm »

Undated Entry. The writing is pressed deep into the paper, and the handwriting is worse than the other entries in this journal.

No.
No!
NO!
NO!!

Elf-lover's dead but now we have a new problem on our hand, guys.
Guys.
Guys.
Listen guys.
Guys listen, Labcoat-dwarf guys.
Guys, Labcoat-dwarf, guys.

He's trying to bring THEM back.
They're the ones who made me like this. They made me kill my friends all those years ago. Now they'll make Asmoth kill us all, too. He'll go into the Pit next, and he'll end up just like me. He'll be Cursed.

I've seen the ceremony he's trying to do. It's awful, guys, I recognize it so well. They showed it to me too...I know exactly what he's been doing wrong. I need to stop him, I need to stop him...

Stop him...but how?
I don't want to kill him too. He's my friend. I don't want to kill any of my friends ever again.

Oh, guys, what do I do?

Poor poor. Moisturizer.

Kazimuth

• Bay Watcher
  • [ARTIFICIAL_HIVEABLE]
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #261 on: November 17, 2013, 11:30:14 pm »

Woah, I leave the thread for a few days and epic happens. (Also, hooray, bees!)
I'm not sure this was a good idea

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2013, 11:45:28 pm »

So um, guys. I kind of went through the fort with a fine-tooth comb, and after much exploring, extensive analysis, several complex diagrams, two trips to the kitchen and a nap, I have reached a conclusion.

The fort is a messy clusterfuck of madness and inefficiency. And it's glorious. Also, maskdwarf is married and living in a cell with his wife (best prison EVER), as is Jovus. Jovus even brought his four kids along! Wonder what they're accused of. Moisturizer brought his wife and two daughters. Shining has !!7!! kids, but only one is around. Urist mcDead has EIGHT (only 4 at Steelhold). Even Asmoth has six kids! And her husband (yes, she-dorf) is dead. We have no military, running out of booze, and I don't think the farms can support 207 alcoholics. Also, the trade depot is by the side of the road, outside of protective walls. What's up with that?

Whoever has the next turn will have their hands full. (Here's hoping it's me! :D)
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2013, 11:45:54 pm »

I figure the siege was a pretty epic moment so i drew my interpretation of it. Check it! Hopefully you can make out a few key characters.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2013, 11:52:47 pm »

I presume that the large, bald man in the right corner is Atu, being choked by Gob. Also, the dead dwarf whose face is concealed I presume to be Modi.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2013, 11:54:30 pm »

The crossbow dwarf I think is Lenehan...

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2013, 12:10:47 am »

The preceding pages are a mass of vicious slashes and rips, covering up several variations an a circular design and a list of ingredients

Asmoth's Log, 30th of Obsidian, 254.

I cannot sleep. The circle seems to be burned onto the interior of my eyelids, and I cannot rest until I have gotten it correct. The design I think I nearly have correct, but the ingredients... I just don't know. I wasn't paying attention, too caught up in my meaningless discoveries. There is whispering as well, but I know what happens to dwarves who listen to whispers. They end up on an operating table with no lungs, just so someone can see what happens next. Or in this case, they end up as soulless wretches, doomed to walk the night. There were definitely torches. Six of them, at each of the points of the hexagon inside the circle. There was something under three of the torches as well, but I cannot recall what. The corpse. The sacrifice. What else? I do not know! This isn't the sort of thing I can even subject to testing, I've seen for myself what happens to those who get it wrong, and I am too valuable to lose to such a thing.

Water, carbon, ammonia, lime. Phosphorus, salt, niter, sulphur. Flourine, iron, silicon. Traces of various others. Can they be substituted for the corpse, or is there something special about the dead body itself? It would certainly be more convenient to bring them back in a fully functioning vessel, but perhaps the corpse calls its own soul to it?

I DO NOT KNOW. I need to sleep, but I cannot. Should I listen to the voices? Of course not! But tempting... so tempting. Why is it so difficult? If the whisperers want me to finish the circle, why do they make it so hard for me to concentrate? I... I just want him back. He understood why I do what I do. It's not as if I won't aid the fortress as well, I'll bring everyone back! Everyone! They'll know I did good. They won't hate me any more.

A large scrawl crosses out all that is written on the next page. The handwriting that can be seen is a very different style to that which comes before and after it.

I think I understand now. The dark gods try to take all who see their arts. They shall not take me easily. I shall fight them. I'm leaving this journal where someone will hopefully stumble across it. I doubt I will survive this experience, but if I do I'm going to hang that masked dwarf with his own intestines. Scratch that, it was immature of me. Never waste a good test subject. I have no doubt I will keep that masked bastard alive for as long as I can.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2013, 12:16:11 am »

All right, I have decided to give Lenehan's soul his ultimate fate.

The Afterlife of Lenehan:

Lenehan awoke in a large, dark cave. The ground was rough and rugged, and the entire room smelt slightly of blood. Lenehan could not see a thing, for he was in total darkness. Suddenly, a ray of light was cast upon him from the heavens above, and Lenehan heard a thundering voice call his name.

"Rise Lenehan!" the voice shouted.

Lenehan was startled by the voice, and complied immediately. Now that he was in the light, he noticed that he was clothed in a long black toga, similar to those worn by certain tribes of humans. As he looked up in front of him, more light began to flood into the room. He now saw that he was standing before a mighty throne, crafted of pure adamantine, thousands of miles high, long, and wide. Seated on this grandiose throne was a glowing figure dressed in an impenetrable suit of armor. He was tall like a human, wide and bearded like a dwarf, and had ears like an elf. Lining the sides of this cave were two long rivers of boiling blood, which stretched into the distance behind Lenehan. Lenehan now knew that he was in the great hall of Armok, the creator and god of blood.

"Lenehan," Armok began, "You stand here before me to be judged for your actions during your life. You should know that you are accused with the indirect murder of Jackal and Modi, as well as a great crime against Dwarfiness. Do you have anything to say in your defense?"

"Great Armok," stammered the dwarf, "You know that I only did what I did out of love for my fellow dwarf. I only wished for them to know the greatness of our Elven companions."

"Silence fool!" roared the blood god, "Know you that I have damned dwarves for crimes far more venial than those those of yours? In addition, the daemons in Hell have claimed your soul for themselves."

Lenehan began to shudder, for he feared that eternal damnation was imminent.

"However," continued Armok, "Your suicide dealt a blow, albeit a small one, to the daemonic forces. The cults in the living world have been a thorn since creation, and any resistance against them I reward greatly!"

"So I will gain entry to Heaven?" asked Lenehan intently.

"Not quite! But I will allow you to work off your sins in the meantime. Gaze behind you."

Lenehan slowly turned to do so, and the infinitely long throne room was suddenly illuminated.

"Before you gain entry into Heaven, I would like every floor and wall section smoothed and engraved. If you get started now, you might be done before year 3450!"

Lenehan gazed in shock at the blood god, who in turn simply motioned for him to get started.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2013, 12:24:59 am »

The crossbow dwarf I think is Lenehan...

Crossbow one is just a your regular marksdwarf since lehenan was just chilling in the fort, and yes gnorm.

Holy crap a lot has happened, lehenan shows why he was sent to prison lol. Misguided though he was i think he sent steelhold on its first steps to an independent colony.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 18, 2013, 12:28:25 am »

Lenehan got his just deserts, Modi and Jackal are reunited, Asmoth tries to become Frankenstein, and Modi's brother will now be arriving.

Magni is Modi's older and stronger brother. He's calmer then Modi but still a berserking dwarf. He's a hammer weilder and was sent with a group of guards by the queen to aid what she believes are the conscripted guards and Jackal.

His first goal is to arrive. Second is speak with Jackal for duties. He's not going to be particularly happy when he finds out his sister took over and made it a convicts haven...

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22