Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Warring Tribes(An adventure with a realistic approach and lucky dice)  (Read 9238 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Warring Tribes(An adventure with a realistic approach and lucky dice)
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2013, 07:06:31 pm »

(ah, she. Sorry. Gotta remember to check folk's pages.
Agertor, I presume that we all, as kids, knew each other and came to this place, so we all know each other, or was it from separate backrounds?)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2013, 06:40:48 am »

(ah, she. Sorry. Gotta remember to check folk's pages.
Agertor, I presume that we all, as kids, knew each other and came to this place, so we all know each other, or was it from separate backrounds?)

((Yes, as you would read, you came here young on the same caravan. It stands to reason you all know each other in some form or another. Even if you wouldn't of interacted, you would of been made aware by the small amount of children your ages. Will be posting later a little later today.))
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2013, 09:09:55 am »

(thought as much, but figured I should double check.)

Maximyth couldn't shake off a feeling that someone was watching him... he hated that feeling. Mostly because he put it down to paranoia, and therefore, something that impedes his other senses.

Maximyth heads North to the town we're set to trade with, taking extra care at the bridge.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2013, 05:06:27 pm »

Name : Harvey ( Patrick Hunt ) (X:30 Y:21)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Name(forum name): D'nath(draco1234) (X:30 Y:20)

Name : Elleanor Baskerville(Kansa) (X:30 Y:21)

Name: Dewboy (X:30 Y:20)

You all take one a piece, some of you had tried to loot more than equal amounts. If you felt it necessary, you could track them down and try and claim the pup your own, but for now you all have one in equal amount.

Elleanor and Patrick head back eastward into the village. For now they head back to the chief and describe the situation. He chuckles a bit. "Young ones are always so stubborn. Luckily for you young ones, we just built the clinic." He points at an almost finished building. "It isn't anything fancy, but it should help." With the doc there, he takes a look at Elleanor. "Let's see..." He assess the situation. "An infection, a common one luckily for you. That will be 50 copper. However your arm... it is broken." He looks at it. "That will cost two silver... Of course I won't take the money right now. It is just money you owe me. Just don't let it build up too much." He smiles but there is a hint of greed in his eye. For medical attention, it will just be a debt you will have. Patrick meanwhile listening, has begun to feel his own fever. Elleanor was safe from the temporary treatment. However Patrick felt the fever. If he did not get it checked out himself soon, he would change permanently. Your eyes turn green, slits forming where your pupils used to be circles. You hold both pups right now, Elleanor being checked out. You hide their legs with your shirt so that people wouldn't know you brought wolf-people into the village.

This left D'nath and dewboy still looking around the forest by themselves for now with their new pups.

Name: Maximyth (Maxinum McDreich) (X:31 Y:21)

Tiruin (X:31 Y:21)

Moving northwards Max looks to where the bridge should be built. The leader had told him to tell the elven leader that a bridge would be necessary for trade. Seems to have forgotten. Tiruin meanwhile was just told to go across the waters when asking for shortcut advice. "Don't be afraid to get your feet wet and trudge northwards. Max would need to cross the river. Max couldn't see anything moving in it luckily. However you do see a woman on the other side waving at you frantically, she is shouting but you can't hear from the other side of the shallow river. Shadowing Max, Tiruin would only go as far as Max.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2013, 05:14:58 pm »

(( Kansa the pup is a wolf person like me, you sure you wanna keep it? It'll draw just as much attention as you would if you stayed like this youtself. If you don't then I'm happy to keep both. ))

" I'm fine thank you doctor I chose this for myself, you've fixed me up enough times to know I've never been accepted here really and the gifts of this change will be very valuable to me.

While I'm here though I have a couple of questions, do we have any young people dieing of diseases that can't be cured in the village? I know they'll likely refuse but one of the infections gifts is the ability to heal much faster then a normal person. It may be capable of curing them.

Do you know where I can find somebody who knows more about the world beyond the village? I'll be leaving soon and could use a map.

Well Elleanor lucky for you it was an easy one to fix, what do you plan on doing now then? Would you care to accept my offer and travel with me?
"

Go collect all the money from the farmer and ask him for any meat and milk he can spare then divide it in 4 and give the other 3 there portions. Give Dewboy my portion. Accept his and D'nath's pups.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 05:51:47 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2013, 05:40:21 pm »

"Sigh, I know we killed that she-wolf and all. And I guess that makes us responsible for these pups. But I don't know how I can provide for it. I'm just a simple woodsman, thats all. I don't know anything about raising a child, or wolf-child."

Turing to D'nath, I ask:

"Do you know anything about how to do this?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2013, 06:34:01 pm »

"Not really.  I mean, I've had some experience with children; I used to look after the children sometimes back in the caves.  However, I doubt much of that will be of use in dealing with a wolf hybrid.  But I've got to try at least, as they won't survive on their own.  Unless you know of anyone who would be able to better provide for them without killing them on sight?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2013, 06:53:55 pm »

(( Come back to town I'll take in the cubs, better for them to be with there own kind and they'll cause you all a lot of problems. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2013, 08:03:18 pm »

"You know, Harvey's a wolf person now, maybe he'd take care of them."

Head back to town. Give my wolf pup to Harvey. Head to local inn and observe.

((Draco, I would recommend giving your pup to Harvey.))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 08:10:14 pm by dewboy »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2013, 08:11:06 pm »

Harvey wanders over and hands the pair each 1/4 of the money.

"They should be raised by someone who won't have to wear gloves just to touch them, let me have the pups.
I'll give the two of you my portion of the money for them.
"
Caine's law.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2013, 02:10:44 am »

Head back to town, give my wolf pup to Harvey. Refuse his payment.

"Here you go.  I'm sure you can take much better care of him than I can.  Don't worry about payment, all I care about is that they are looked after."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2013, 05:53:05 am »

" They will be, wolf people grow fast and I'll teach them to defend themselves. "

(( Well thats 3/4 pups for me, just Kansa now then if she wants to keep wolf girl or not. ))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:17:26 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2013, 05:39:51 pm »

Elleanor stood there for a moment in silence torn between her two options but finally she let out a deep sigh.

"I'm sorry Harvey but I can't, I'm in debt now to the clinic and I need to pay that off before I leave. It is probably best that you keep the pup however, I hate to force it on you but it's probably best to be with it's own kind. Besides I don't think I would make a very good mother anyway"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2013, 05:44:32 pm »

" Thats fine, I expect I'll be raising all of them but I won't be leaving for a while. Wolf people grow at prodigious rates but still gonna be a little while until they're old enough to travel. "
Caine's law.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2013, 06:17:08 pm »

Harmony Bulletin Board
New Jobs available!
-Guard duty for a trader, Trader at the inn. 5 Silver. Two Jobs, if only one wants to do it, they get 10 Silver.
-Doctor is looking to experiment, anyone willing to participate will receive 1 Silver for their troubles.
-General Store is looking to expand its business into selling basic pets. Capture a male and female compatible creature and bring it to the Store. 15 Silver
-Patrol duty around village. Keep the rabble in their place. See the Cheif. 80 Copper. Only one job. First come, first serve

Name : Harvey ( Patrick Hunt ) (X:30 Y:21)

You ask the doctor about any sick. Seeing your changed green eyes, he stares at you. "As a practitioner, I can not condone such actions. Even if you were to get their permission. This would create a rapidly changed society here. At that, people would lose their self-identities. Then there is the diseases. The fur, the amount of meat we would have to sustain. It would spiral into people going into the wild, unable to help themselves." He speaks standing above you, his eyes staring at yours. "If you want to infect people, do it somewhere else." He himself picks up a knife. "Get out of my office. Unless you need medical help, I can not help you." Wary of your presence. He holds the knife ready. However he is not in an attack position.

With that, you leave to the Farmers for the pay. As with collecting everyone else's pups you managed to get them all to yourself. You put them in a makeshift pouch, their little heads poking out, every so often licking at the back of your head. The Farmers look at your eyes and the pups on your back. Warily they give you the 50 copper pay. "We don't care what you do, but maybe you should get looked at. And be careful with those..." For now they seem to avoid you. The pups were proof enough that you killed the she-wolf, however next time perhaps a little more proof, coming empty handed would be bad. They seem to avoid you to the point you can't ask for meat or anything else from the. You go home starting to feel really ill. Resting in your home with your newfound pups. You feel the changes. The hairs on your body and head grow. Your bones crack and change. The process is horribly painful. Your body changes so much it rips your peasant clothes, leaving them useless around you. Claws come out of what used to be your nails. And your face has a muzzle. Feeling a growl in your tone, you feel a little stronger, and so very much faster. You can even now move twice as fast as you used to, making travel easy (2 space travel!), though this has left you nude, and no other clothing at the moment. You may have to buy more, or you could always get some material and make a loincloth. Or you could go bare, your fur helps hide a lot of things. Your race is now a thing of the past, you lost that identity forever.

Name : Elleanor Baskerville(Kansa) (X:30 Y:21)

With your bones put back in place, and the virus taken out of your system, the doctor warns you about getting infected again. He gives you a lollipop and a pat on the head and shows you out the door. At least your fine for now.

Name(forum name): D'nath(draco1234) (X:30 Y:21)

Giving your pup to Harvey, you now walk around your home, and inspecting the villagers some. The billboard seems to have been cleared. And the other tasks have been wiped away as well. There are new jobs, as you would read.

Name: Dewboy (X:30 Y:21)

Back in the village, you head to the local inn, a small little social gathering is here today. All familiar faces in your home village. No one is really that interesting, but someone has their dog with them. It sleeps soundly, ears twitching however from the occasional noises near it.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14