Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Warring Tribes(An adventure with a realistic approach and lucky dice)  (Read 9230 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Warring Tribes(An adventure with a realistic approach and lucky dice)
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2013, 10:28:28 am »

Maximyth probably looked a little stupid bent over with an ear to the water, and he had to contain a jump when Tiruin first spoke (which he hoped he hid).
''I... Geez! I don't need a heart attack!'' He saw Tiruin head to the water. ''Be careful, Tiruin. Chief warned me that there are large water snakes or a fishman to worry about.''

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2013, 04:06:16 pm »

Go see the chief about taking the patrol job
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2013, 04:38:17 pm »

Inquire about the guard job.

(Sorry Patrick, it's the only job left that has a 'space' and doesn't involve being experimented upon.)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2013, 04:50:22 pm »

(( You could go hunting for pets, much better pay. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »

Name: Maximyth (Maxinum McDreich) (X:31 Y:21)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin (X:31 Y:21)

Warning people is all good and dandy, but as Max puts his ear to the water, to try something that really isn't too valid. (5 v 6) Max could hear whispers, and for a moment he became entranced. Mentally willing himself as soon as he felt his body move without permission however, Max looked around. The woman had stopped waving and yelling. Her arms behind her now. She now began to move with a kind smile. However, this wouldn't feel right. Tiruin could only watch alongside Max as she walked on top of the water. She was getting closer until she spoke. "How about you gentlemen simply follow me? No one has to get hurt."

The woman stands there, a shortsword at her side and she was wearing a leather vest along with leather pants. She does not draw her weapon. However as Max learned, there isn't something quite right with her appearance. She isn't what she seems to be. Or at least she is a magically trained surface elf.

Name : Harvey ( Patrick Hunt ) (X:30 Y:20)

Name(forum name): D'nath(draco1234) (X:30 Y:20)

As you go to the man who wants guard duty, he is wary as you approach. However he does not run, however he keeps a hand on his saber. Listening to your application to be his guard, he looked you over. "I suppose this is fine... You will be transporting me southward. We are heading for a goblin village. There is no trail there." He looks at his caravan. There sits a young woman, looks to be his daughter. "She'll be in control. I will be in the back with you, understood? It is going to be a bumpy journey." He hops up and into the caravan, it being covered in what looks to be animal fibers. You move to sit with him. He grabs a pair of shorts. "This is all I really have that could probably fit you, and wouldn't rip at the knees. 15 copper. You can just give it back if you want your money back." You look to your strange knees, it would still take some getting used to to walk on them. D'nath runs towards the caravan in the knick of time(literally almost posted without you.) and hops on. "Well welcome lad." He smiles and helps D'nath on the caravan. "I'm feeling a little better with another warrior." Southwards you head now.

As you both look around and see some new area of the woods you haven't gone to yet, the man looks to the pups Harvey carries. "Are they... yours? I mean... children.... And if so..." He looks at Harvey uncomfortably. "Look... you didn't turn them that way did you?" He looks seriously concerned about them at least.

Name: Dewboy (X:30 Y:20)

The farmers have some extra rope and give them to you. They smile and wave at you. One of the older ones gives you a hug and comments about how big you have gotten since she had last seen you. The older goblin was at least seriously glad to see you. She pats your head and sends you on your way. You have the two rope segments now, however now you needed to capture a male and female. Though it could probably be anything, as long as the pet store could breed them and sell them.

You head into the woods, back to where the wolf-woman was. Logically you thought, there had to be something there. She wouldn't be there if there weren't things to hunt.

You look around for trouble. (5 v 3) You find tracks. Following them, you find a Large Woods Spider. By the size of its backside, it was most likely female. It hasn't noticed you yet.

Name : Elleanor Baskerville(Kansa) (X:30 Y:21)

You see the chief, and he sighs a bit. "Yeah, I guess we need whatever help we can get. You are to deal with the rabble around here. If they cause problems, unless they have a weapon. You can not kill them. You can send them to the doctor, but not to the morgue. Understand?" The small dwarf glares into your true eye to make that perfectly clear.

This brought you to the guard duty. It is quiet for the most part, the folks around here are all nice honestly. Everyone waves to you and is pretty good. Nothing happens this time, and you got 80 copper!

The Chief comes back around after a while. "Thanks lass, the guards can take it from here." He sends you on your way for now.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:03:15 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2013, 05:02:20 pm »

" Of course not, me and some others where asked to get rid of a wolf who was killing animals and it turned out to be a wolf woman who was there mum.

The 4 of us each took 1 and I choose to become like this. The others couldn't raise them properly given that the slightest nip on the finger would turn them so I'll raise them all myself.

While we travel look out for any animals that are alone and within bow shot. If I spot any that are not predators then shoot them and butcher them.  (( Alone as in no owners around, doesn't matters if theres multiple animals just try to shoot them all. ))

(( Damn could really have used all 10 silver. ))
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:34:38 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2013, 05:11:20 pm »

(Worst case scenario, you still have my share of the money from last mission.)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2013, 05:13:10 pm »

(( I gave it to you dude and 12.5 copper is a little different from 5 silver :). ))
Caine's law.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2013, 05:22:53 pm »

((About how big is this spider?))

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2013, 05:46:32 pm »

((Good point.  Well, it's too late to turn back now.  On the bright side, I may die a horrible and painful death, allowing you to take my share.  Maybe.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2013, 05:48:59 pm »

(( And giving me a big piece of free meat ;). ))
Caine's law.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2013, 06:04:27 pm »

((About how big is this spider?))

Let's just say, big enough to the point, it catches people, not flies. It would be smaller than you, however, not by very much.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2013, 07:13:03 pm »

"Who's gonna want a pet giant spider? I'll guess someone would pay a good price for the body."

Rig some kind of tangle net out of the rope. Holding it in one hand and my axe in the other, get as close to the beast as I can before it notices me. Then throw the net around its legs as i charge the final few feet. Aim axe at face.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2013, 07:18:59 pm »

At the woman's call, I snarkily thought to myself and looked down. A true 'gentleman' I really was.

...Did she have to emphasize how I looked?

Anyway, the last note in her words roused suspicion. Why would a-

"Why would anyone have to get hurt?"

Examine the woman in question for any hidden tools or weapons.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2013, 08:19:11 pm »

''Nerves.'' Maximyth looked at the woman straight in the eyes. He gestured to himself. ''I'm Maximyth from Understanding.'' (PS: I far prefer Harmony as the village name... where did Harmony come from? My mind's losing itself!!!) He gestured to Tiruin. ''She's Tiruin. Don't worry, I make that mistake all the time.'' He gave Tiruin a cheeky smile. (OOC reference, GO!)
Maximyth was nervous though. He hadn't thought about it, but a woodcutter talking to tree-hugging elves... Certainly the thought: did not think this through, came to his mind.
All the same, an elf meant he was closer to what he wanted, though he certainly felt at the mercy of the other at this point. Better than a fishman or water snakes, he guessed.
He smiled, attempting to hide his own uncertainties, and to show this was not an aggressive visit. ''May I ask who I am addressing?''
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14