Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48

Author Topic: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!  (Read 64385 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Treebanned: Gremlin-Hunting!
« Reply #645 on: January 16, 2014, 01:25:24 pm »

You head down the hallway to the left of the bar. Doorways line the passage on both sides, the doors broken open or smashed to splinters, though some are relatively whole and lie on the ground, their hinges snapped off. The construction is very sturdy; you doubt you would have been able to kick down one of these doors.

Pearl takes the left and you take the right, keeping together and peering into the side rooms before moving on. Each is a demolished bedroom. Ruined cloth and scattered items are heaped into the corners. None have windows.

At the back of the building the hall turns right and ahead it looks like it meets up with the hall that was on the right side of the bar, forming a U shape around the kitchen. You continue along the hall, checking side rooms, and in the middle of the back hall a door on the right opens into a stone-floored larder. Busted barrels and shredded sacks, shattered pots, empty meathooks hanging from the ceiling beams. Beyond there's a doorway leading into the kitchen. This was the kitchen's back door that you didn't explore.

You continue along the hall and make another right, and continue forward to arrive back at the common room. Your quiet, careful circuit of the back hall took about 30 minutes.

//

You're in the common room of the lodge. Two furry grey monsters are on the ground dead.

You and Pearl are covered in dried, sticky blood, and Pearl is also grimy with coal dust.

It's starting to get dimmer outside.

Your unexplored areas are up the grand stairs to the 2nd floor balcony. But you haven't really searched the 1st floor private rooms or the larder.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 16, 2014, 02:29:56 pm »

Now that the lodge has been properly explored, we should return to the rest of the party to report on what we have seen. We should then nourish/rest ourselves to prepare for searching the well tomorrow.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 16, 2014, 05:24:47 pm »

Now that the lodge has been properly explored, we should return to the rest of the party to report on what we have seen. We should then nourish/rest ourselves to prepare for searching the well tomorrow.
You haven't entered the upper floors, btw, and only a cursory once-over on the 1F back rooms. Just making sure.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 16, 2014, 07:06:54 pm »

oh, that makes a big difference to my plans. we should check the upstairs first, THEN return to the rest of our party to rest. we will do a more thorough inspection of the rooms tomorrow when we are fully rested.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 21, 2014, 01:04:29 pm »

oh, that makes a big difference to my plans. we should check the upstairs first, THEN return to the rest of our party to rest. we will do a more thorough inspection of the rooms tomorrow when we are fully rested.
+1

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 22, 2014, 03:08:44 pm »

The stairs feel very sturdy as you ascend in a broad bend to the upstairs balcony. It extends east and west, with broken-open doors all along. A single dark hallway leads toward the south, toward the back of the lodge, and down that hall you see doorways on either side spaced farther apart from each other than downstairs.

Down that southern hall there is a shimmering area in the air. You feel a draft of foul-smelling air coming from that way. The walls and floor of the hall on your side of the shimmer are coated with brown stains.

From the balcony you can gaze down on the floor of the common room which is covered in wreckage. Cold winter light and falling snow drift in the high square windows at the north side of the lodge. You're about halfway up to the roof, which is peaked above the common room. Some kind of loft must exist on the 3rd floor above the inn rooms on the south half of the lodge, because the 2F rooms don't have super high ceilings.

//

You're on the balcony overlooking the common room of the lodge. Stairs lead down to the common room, a hall leads south deeper into the lodge, and there are doorways all along the balcony east and west.

You and Pearl are covered in dried, sticky blood, and Pearl is also grimy with coal dust.

It's starting to get dimmer outside.

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 23, 2014, 12:17:57 am »

I guess that's it for this building. Now it would be best for us to return to the rest of our party before it becomes too dark to see outside. we cannot take the chance of being caught by a nocturnal predator.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 23, 2014, 01:50:36 am »

It's clouding up, not night falling.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 23, 2014, 12:52:58 pm »

Still, it has been a very busy day for our hero and his party. If I had fought a salamander, hiked many miles, searched almost an entire compound, and fought the creatures/ Lundwyrm; I would be utterly exhausted. That is the other reason why I am advocating a break until the next day.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 31, 2014, 12:54:37 pm »

You descend the stairs again to the common room of the lodge and look out the front doors. The clouds above are splashed with surreal yellow-pink light. The courtyard is clear and the remains of the white worm are no more than a black slick in front of the barracks door. Claire waves from her arrow slit. You cross to the shop and climb the stairs, and through the barricaded doorway that leads into the barracks.

Charlotte is awake, but in obvious pain. (She can move and fight normally but has full Wounds; if you have 1 Wound available and you're hit you just take 1 Wound, but if you have 0 Wounds available like Charlotte and you're hit you roll on the Death and Dismemberment table. It's survivable but not likely. Charlotte got lucky last time as the constriction hit her once when she was fully wounded and she rolled "Knocked Out".)

The room is more sparse now with most of the bunk beds used to block the doorway. There's still some bedding for each of you.

Everyone eats a late meal of more trail rations. Pearl talks about the creatures the two of you fought, which she believes could be gremlins. She also talks about the weird shimmering wall in the upper floor of the lodge. Claire and Charlotte have no useful information. Will you dispense more of your liquor?

Will you arrange watches, or let everyone sleep?

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 31, 2014, 01:01:16 pm »

We're in Gremlin country, watches are only common sense.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 31, 2014, 02:40:09 pm »

We're in Gremlin country, watches are only common sense.
+1

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 31, 2014, 02:59:33 pm »

Completely ignoring the liquor question, you agree to set up watches. Charlotte needs rest, but that still leaves three watches, which is fine. Without further input from the players it defaults to alphabetical order: Claire, Jeffrey, then Pearl.

You nod off as soon as you get settled in and suddenly Claire is nudging your shoulder. Felt like you didn't get any sleep at all! You're sore from the cold wooden floor despite the thin bedding, and you rub your legs to get circulation going as Claire beds down.

It's very dark outside. The clouds above are a little luminous in places where they're thin enough to let some moonlight through, but none of that white glow gets down to the land below. Around midnight, watching out the north arrow slits, you spot flashes of light that illuminate the underside of the clouds and all the landscape. Then the faint rumble of thunder rolls up. This lightning strikes just out of sight down in the valley to the west.

Your eyes catch movement in the brief flashes of light. There are creatures moving about below the walls, around the road and the bridge and dry riverbed. They are numerous like ants, but much larger - perhaps the size of the gremlins you fought in the cellar. 

>
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 31, 2014, 06:17:29 pm »

Claire, Jeffrey, then Pearl.
Exactly as I would have suggested had I thought to.

Anyway, wake the others then stay where we are for now.

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 02, 2014, 12:29:21 pm »

Claire, Jeffrey, then Pearl.
Exactly as I would have suggested had I thought to.

Anyway, wake the others then stay where we are for now.
we should wake everyone except Charlotte. we cannot risk her getting hurt again. Otherwise, +1 to your idea. Also, we should grab our weapons and get in a formation just behind the barricade.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48